• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most overrated character

Raimundo

Smash Apprentice
Falco, no doubt about it. All he has is CG, PEW PEW, and phantasm. And all of that just adds up to about 70% each stock. Just learn PEW PEW and your good to go, IMO

zeldspazz

Smash Master
LOL there are still people who want to ban MK? Thats pretty pathetic IMO. Metaknight is not overrated, any SENSIBLE person on this website knows that he deserves top spot, but will not say he is unbeatable. I dont see people on SWF anymore who are for a Metaknight ban at this point.

Anyway, most overrated IMO is probably Lucario. I mean he isnt thought of as godly, but I never understood what really made him mid-high material. His attacks seem a little to laggy for my taste, and his recovery seems risky, so I personally think he should be like top of C tier or something =\

gallax

Smash Hero
id agree with falco being overrated. his biggest problem is killing after getting all that damge. most of the time i die by his spike. anyone can see the laser>usmash coming if they play falco at all.

lucario deserves his spot imo. hes got good range and good priority. killing isn't too big of a problem either.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Marth is overrated. Tipper, tipper, tipper, tipper. I hate it to death. I see way too many Marth mainers for my taste, and at one point had a clan full of Marth mainers on accident. The guy's completely overrated.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Marth is overrated. Tipper, tipper, tipper, tipper. I hate it to death. I see way too many Marth mainers for my taste, and at one point had a clan full of Marth mainers on accident. The guy's completely overrated.
Just because people use him, it makes him overrated?

EDIT: @Volkner: I reeeeeeally hope you're joking.

Blast Man

Smash Rookie
I believe an "overrated" character is all depending by your main. For example if you main jigglypuff,you may think Meta Knight is overrated or someone with power and a good air game like Wario. You may also think a character is overrated because of a past experincene with the character. For example you may always be 3 stocked by GnW so you may think that he is overrated. So my obersevation is that it depends on your opinion.

My opinion is that Pikachu is overrated.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I believe an "overrated" character is all depending by your main. For example if you main jigglypuff,you may think Meta Knight is overrated or someone with power and a good air game like Wario. You may also think a character is overrated because of a past experincene with the character. For example you may always be 3 stocked by GnW so you may think that he is overrated. So my obersevation is that it depends on your opinion.

My opinion is that Pikachu is overrated.
How does your main have anything to do with it?

If your main loses to X character, that doesn't mean that they're overrated, it just means they beat your character.

Example:

If you main Jiggs, Wario is one of your worst matchups. You lose to him often, you're not going to think he's overrated, you're going to think he's GOOD.

Victawr

Smash Cadet
. I dont see people on SWF anymore who are for a Metaknight ban at this point.
I don't want to ban him, I just like to laugh at everyone who uses him and brag about it.

Definitely not overrated by any means.

Falco on the other hand? Yes, he gets a lot of hype, but he's not nearly as good as everyone claims him to be.

Zumma

Smash Cadet
MK is where he belongs. He is the best char in the game, Snake has no power over that.

Olimar might be a few spots too high, but it's just the recovery that sucks. Nothing else.

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
I have no idea how so many people can play SO much better with Meta-Knight. To me, he's lacking in attack and defence power. Upgrade those two, and THEN he'll be broken. Besides my main of Ike and my worst character Purin, I can use the 33 other characters almost equally as well. Heck, Snake, Falco, and Ganondorf are among those 33 and some of you people think they're on extreme edges of the spectrum.

Chuz

Smash Cadet
MK! The reason why I think MK is overrated is not because I don't think his number one, but because he is thought of as ban worthy. He is overpowered for sure but he is not ban worthy, far from it I would say. Ally is prove enough, if the best MK cannot beat another character in major tourneys, then that's prove enough that he is not ban worthy, yet people still insist that he is.

superkid

Smash Cadet

How about you try to act like you have a third grade education and learn to comprehend what you read?

I'm SURE that everyone on this thread (aside from you) will say that MK is no doubt the best character in Brawl.

Hell, go ****ing ask them.
im a new but ..
S.O.L.I.D you rmaking a big fool out of yourself IMO man.. i agree metaknight is way overrated, DONT YOU FREAKIN LISTEN WHAT HE SAYS.. HE SAID NEW STRATEGIES COME MAN.. DONT YOU GET IT.. WHEN BRAWL FIRST CAME OUT NOBODY THOUGHT MK WAS THE BEST.. MAYBE IN A YEAR OR SO GANONDORF MIGHT HAVE A ULTIMATE SUPREME MASTER TIER FOR HIMSELF AT THE TOP..
sorry for my rant

Avion

Smash Apprentice
im a new but ..
S.O.L.I.D you rmaking a big fool out of yourself IMO man.. i agree metaknight is way overrated, DONT YOU FREAKIN LISTEN WHAT HE SAYS.. HE SAID NEW STRATEGIES COME MAN.. DONT YOU GET IT.. WHEN BRAWL FIRST CAME OUT NOBODY THOUGHT MK WAS THE BEST.. MAYBE IN A YEAR OR SO GANONDORF MIGHT HAVE A ULTIMATE SUPREME MASTER TIER FOR HIMSELF AT THE TOP..
sorry for my rant
It's difficult to sense sarcasm over the internet, but I sure hope this was. Unless there's some type of inescapable side-B to warlock punch combo on the majority of the cast, I don't see that happening. Ever.

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
im a new but ..
sorry for my rant
When Brawl came out everyone could tell MK was good and unless an infinate on the entire cast is discovered for Ganondorf I don't see Gannondorf ever being close to getting his own tier. Unless he drops down to a Fail tier or something.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Sadly no, I am not kidding. I see way too many people using Ike and Captain Falcon.
And how does that make them overrated? If people use a bad character, they could just want to use a bad character, but it doesn't mean the character is overrated.

im a new but ..
sorry for my rant
WOW, I'm definitely the one making a complete fool of myself >_>
/sarcasm

Seriously, lrn2lurk, you're so wrong, it's just funny. When Brawl came out, the metagame wasn't developed AT ALL.

It's hard to respond to the rest of this, it's just so ****ing stupid. Seriously, you're a scrub, lurk moar before you make it obvious to everyone how idiotic you are.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
im a new but ..
sorry for my rant
You need to seriously consider lurking moar.

And by consider I mean seriously freaking do it.

D

Deleted member

Falco by a mile. I don't know if it's just my area, but I never lose to any Falco's I've played.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Falco seems to be the general consensus, although I'm not so sure I agree. I find DDD to be overrated, at least in my local tourneys and in online tourneys. I main Ike and Ganon and I've rarely lost to a practiced DDD. Judging how overrated a character is can be very subjective though, since it depends on how well you know the character and the characters you use against them.

When you think about it, we're saying certain characters are overrated sure, but overrated compared to what? Another person's subjective viewpoint about that character? In order for something to be overrated there has to be an initial opinion, and if we're saying that they're overrated compared to an objective analysis of the character by professionals, surely we must be wrong and this is all for nothing. Just something to think about.

:034:

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Falco seems to be the general consensus, although I'm not so sure I agree. I find DDD to be overrated, at least in my local tourneys and in online tourneys. I main Ike and Ganon and I've rarely lost to a practiced DDD. Judging how overrated a character is can be very subjective though, since it depends on how well you know the character and the characters you use against them.

When you think about it, we're saying certain characters are overrated sure, but overrated compared to what? Another person's subjective viewpoint about that character? In order for something to be overrated there has to be an initial opinion, and if we're saying that they're overrated compared to an objective analysis of the character by professionals, surely we must be wrong and this is all for nothing. Just something to think about.

:034:
As a response to your second paragraph:

I suppose this notion of a character being "overrated" is based off of the tier list (Well, this is how I see it at least). Makes the most sense to me.

Nestec

Smash Ace
Yeah, the way I've been interpreting the term "overrated" is that IMO they are higher on the tier list than they deserve to be.

Smash_Of_Fate

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Babael_Of_Fate
3DS FC
1134-7601-5121
Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon
Link
Ganondorf

They are all WAY too high on the tier list.

Seriously though, I've been trying to figure out why Wario made such a jump. Obviously there is something I'm not seeing that everyone else is otherwise he would not be there.

As far as MK goes though I can understand why some people are saying he is "overrated". I do believe he is without a doubt the best character in the game, however there are those who think MK is SO good that he is pretty much unbeatable. That of course is utterly ridiculous but unfortunately that is part of the reason why the "Ban MK please!" started up.

Top Bottom