• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most overrated character

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
uh......... MK, the one who is ranked #1 even though there is probably no sure #1, and if there was it wouldn't be MK

Moozle

Smash Champion
Shadow, who would you rather have at number one? MK definitely deserves that spot.

I don't think many people are overrated but if I had to say one I think it would be Falco or Olimar. For both of them you just have to be patient and not get sucked into the ****.

Edit: As I think about it more, I don't think Falco is very overrated. He has a lot of options, whereas Olimar can be shut down pretty easy.

UncleSam

Smash Master
uh......... MK, the one who is ranked #1 even though there is probably no sure #1, and if there was it wouldn't be MK
It's not that he's overrated it's just ppl ***** about him all the time
anyway I'd say G&W,
I just don't see what everybody else does about that character

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
Shadow, who would you rather have at number one? MK definitely deserves that spot.

I don't think many people are overrated but if I had to say one I think it would be Falco or Olimar. For both of them you just have to be patient and not get sucked into the ****.

Edit: As I think about it more, I don't think Falco is very overrated. He has a lot of options, whereas Olimar can be shut down pretty easy.
Olimer has a big learning curve compared to MK (not saying Olimer is #1 either)
and I said i think there is no definite #1 but you insist on asking me
and either way, having his own tier is still not needed

SpongeBathBill

Smash Ace
What's overrated about MK is that so many people make claims that position his advantages as being all but invincible, which of course is untrue. Ask Ally.

Vect0r

Smash Journeyman
MK for sure. His only really cheap move is neutral B. He doesn't deserve much attention.

Olimar is waaayy overused in tourneys. I can't stand him.

Sgt. Baker

Smash Ace
Although I love the character and her uniqueness I have to say Peach. It just seems that where I live there are a few Peach players here that are always b****ing and complaining about how Peach should be higher on tyhe tier list, she needs to get repped more, blah blah blah. Even on here I see it a lot at times too. She's good, but not that good IMO. But yeah, I may think she's overrated, but she's still a cool character.

BloodBird

Smash Journeyman
Metaknight no question, he may be a good fighter, but you better not be at all clumsy with the controls because he has 4 count it 4 non-recoverable moves that you then die from using off the side of the stage.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Metaknight no question, he may be a good fighter, but you better not be at all clumsy with the controls because he has 4 count it 4 non-recoverable moves that you then die from using off the side of the stage.
Yes, but all four of those moves can be used to recover, and a good MK won't kill himself like that. I would say Olimar. Olimar gets shut down pretty fast IMO.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Falco is incredibly overrated.

Ant1

Smash Ace
Captain Falcon, he should be in a whole different lower tier!
His negative priority side-b can attest to that lolol

But seriously i'd say wario is. I hear he is going to be higher than Dedede? wth indeed.

Browny

Smash Hater
you know how when two falcon punches collide, the universe explodes?

when two falcon side b's collide, thats the same as dividing by 0.

We say it has negative priority since, being a special, it doesnt follow typical priority rules as has the worst possible priority in the game imo. as an aerial, it has no disjoint whatsoever and will get beaten by everything. as a ground attack, even a 2% jab will clank with it. as a special, everything clanks with it or simply beats it.

There is nothing which has lower priority, saying it has '0' priority cant work since you are defining its aerial, ground and special priority as the same thing. saying it has negative implies that every attack in the game will beat it or at least clank, no matter what.

The Sìrén

Smash Cadet
I'd sayyy the most overrated character, in my opinion, is King Dedede. I don't think he should be where he is right now; infact, I think he should be quite a bit lower on the tier list. He's extremely slow in most cases (except for Bair), and is a walking target. He's huge, susceptible to most, if not all, match changing projectiles. If people could learn to just keep the pressure on, he would be outmatched quickly. His chaingrab is keeping him alive, I think.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
MK is overrated, since just about most of them make mistakes that Wario loves and devours.

The really good ones though can rock your socks and make for epic matches.

Falco is also overrated, he just doesn't have the KO power if his spike misses.

Dedede is also highly overrated, sure he does good against everyone heavier then Mario besides Wario, but he gets owned by anyone he can't CG or Wario.

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
MK is overrated, since just about most of them make mistakes that Wario loves and devours.

The really good ones though can rock your socks and make for epic matches.

Falco is also overrated, he just doesn't have the KO power if his spike misses.

Dedede is also highly overrated, sure he does good against everyone heavier then Mario besides Wario, but he gets owned by anyone he can't CG or Wario.
Falco is better than DeDeDe, and yeah, making it difficult for him to grab you isn't impossible

and i think Diddy is also rather overrated

tocador

Smash Lord
Tons of nonsense in this thread, really.

Wario overrated? Wth, he indeed is underated, and have lots of potencial, he just inst that repped.

People say diddy is really overrated, but in fact he isnt lol, just that people that are noobs, cant stand nanas =/!

IMO, GaW is overrated ^^!

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
That has nothing to do with whether or not a character is over rated. Don't bring a players skill into account.

MK is usually over rated by people who don't do well in tournaments. They say MK is over powered and unbalances the game (which is a john). When you start listening to the people who place well in tournaments, you realize he isn't over powered.

I don't think D3 is really that over rated. He should probably go down a rank, but he makes like, 4-5 characters unviable for tournaments. His chaingrab adds like, 30% a grab and he has a good (Or neutral, depending on who you ask) matchup on Snake. His grab range is huge and really hard to avoid. His utilt and grab out of shield cover most of him, to the point where D3 can pretty much sit in his shield. He's somewhat over rated, but he isn't one of the most over rated.

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
Tons of nonsense in this thread, really.

Wario overrated? Wth, he indeed is underated, and have lots of potencial, he just inst that repped.

People say diddy is really overrated, but in fact he isnt lol, just that people that are noobs, cant stand nanas =/!

IMO, GaW is overrated ^^!
but if you have a clue you don't slip on the bananas
same thing with snake, avoiding the land mine isn't that hard

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
but if you have a clue you don't slip on the bananas
same thing with snake, avoiding the land mine isn't that hard
...What? You think Diddy is good because they leave bananas everywhere? People slip when Diddy suddenly glide tosses a banana backwards, dodging your attack and punishing with a mad banana combo. It's really hard to avoid the bananas unless you have multiple jumps, or a really good way of keeping him in the air.

Wait, Snake is over rated because of his C4? Lawl, I almost never land the C4, ever. I'm always planting nades and mortars to keep people at bay. The only time I ever use a C4 is to recover, or to keep someone away from a part of the stage.

§leepy God

Smash Master
I'll clam Mr. Game & Watch for being over rated. And I also clam that there's more than 100 of these kind of threads, but oh well.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Wut...

MK has a great recovery, great priority, fast kill moves, no clear bad matchups or bad stages, and you're saying he's not the clear number one?

Are you not playing the same game as everyone else?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Well, everybody knows MK is good.

Deserving of his own tier above the guy who has his own tier...?

Really now? I play Sonic for crying out loud and even though I can never beat a MK (1-stock da****), tehre are other characters I would not have to fight before MK.

mcnizzle123

Smash Rookie
Mario, all of his b's suck (except for over b if u use it right), and all of his a's are pretty slow and weak. My second pick, is probably mr. game and watch, because he is to slow, so a fast character can just kill him before he has a chance to get a hit. but i have to say if he gets a hit then its a strong one. I know that olimar is definitley over rated, but he can be good in the hands of the right person.:)

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
...What? You think Diddy is good because they leave bananas everywhere? People slip when Diddy suddenly glide tosses a banana backwards, dodging your attack and punishing with a mad banana combo. It's really hard to avoid the bananas unless you have multiple jumps, or a really good way of keeping him in the air.

Wait, Snake is over rated because of his C4? Lawl, I almost never land the C4, ever. I'm always planting nades and mortars to keep people at bay. The only time I ever use a C4 is to recover, or to keep someone away from a part of the stage.
i didn't say that is the only reason they are good, another guy said that i said it was BS

and for people saying MK is for sure #1, i really don't think any multiplayer game has a clear #1, he is great, but not a definite #1, and i'm not the only one saying that MK is overrated

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I think D3 and Falco are pretty overrated in vBrawl. Sonic and Yoshi mains overrate their characters, but that's to be expected. MK is overrated cause people think he is just unbeatable, but he's just a really good character.

If I have to name one, it's D3

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
and for people saying MK is for sure #1, i really don't think any multiplayer game has a clear #1, he is great, but not a definite #1, and i'm not the only one saying that MK is overrated
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??

MK is CLEARLY number one, why do you think we've been talking about potentially BANNING HIM!

I don't see anyone else saying he's overrated.

Lemme ask you a question: Do you play with items and all stages on?

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
It's definetly Falco. Camping and CGing can be dealt with. Plus how many top falcos do you see placing in the top 3 nowadays huh? Hell not even top 10 at national tourneys like apex or whobo

Top Bottom