• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most overrated character

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??

MK is CLEARLY number one, why do you think we've been talking about potentially BANNING HIM!

I don't see anyone else saying he's overrated.

Lemme ask you a question: Do you play with items and all stages on?
sometimes, sometimes not

and look at the #2 on this thread, there are 2 people who also say that MK is overrated,
oh, and if you are going to say that, at least look, because apparently you did not

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
sometimes, sometimes not

and look at the #2 on this thread, there are 2 people who also say that MK is overrated,
oh, and if you are going to say that, at least look, because apparently you did not
Well that explains a lot.

WHOA!! A whole 2 people agree with you.

Face it, MK is the best no question about it, stop this stupid argument now.

tuestresfat

Smash Apprentice
If I consider a player's skill, the most overrated character has to be MK.
For the reason that there are so many people that go: "omg metaknight, the most broken character in the game! i can't lose!" then they get 3-stocked cuz they don't know what the **** they're doing. In that sense, I think a fair amount of people overrate him. They seem to visualize him as a GOD or some greater being so to speak. But they're just idiots so we'll move along...
[in no way am i saying MK is not a good character, i'm just saying how idiots think he is THAT GOOD that he literally takes ZERO SKILL to use]

Ignoring an individual's skill and focusing only on the character itself, I'd say sonic. Seriously? why all the hype? if you just like sonic cuz he's SONIC then sure. by all means, it's the same way with ganon and falcon, people love them for the character, but at least they admit they're real ****ty characters. I've simply met far too many cocky, arrogant, and <insert negative adjective here> sonic mains who think the world of themselves. and don't reply trying to defend sonic as a good character... just look at his tier rank, there's a reason he's 7th worst in the game.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
sometimes, sometimes not

If we're going to bring up past posts, then you completely ignored mine. I said that MK is over rated by people who suck. You have never been to a tournament, and most likely, never will. A tournament of any kind. In multiplayer games, theres practically always a best whatever. Be it character, gun, armor whatever. Fighting games especially, since they're one on one. Shooters have a balance because even if a weapon is useful in fewer situations, that can be fixed with a team, using other weapons, fitting other situations.

The tier list is 1 v 1, not 2 v 2. MK has the options for far too many situations to be less than first.

sonic mains who think the world of themselves. and don't reply trying to defend sonic as a good character... just look at his tier rank, there's a reason he's 7th worst in the game.
Sonic is by far, one of the most under rated characters in the game. He's really hard to defend, because people can't really bring up mind games to tier list or matchup discussion. They're just sorta, ignored. Sonic is about the tricks and the mindgames. Sonic can do so much out of the spin shot, it gets to the point where not doing anything out of spinshot is more effective than attacking.

Sonic mains don't bother defending him because 9/10 times people shrug their post off. Sonic is definitely lower mid tier.

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
If we're going to bring up past posts, then you completely ignored mine. I said that MK is over rated by people who suck. You have never been to a tournament, and most likely, never will. A tournament of any kind. In multiplayer games, theres practically always a best whatever. Be it character, gun, armor whatever. Fighting games especially, since they're one on one. Shooters have a balance because even if a weapon is useful in fewer situations, that can be fixed with a team, using other weapons, fitting other situations.

The tier list is 1 v 1, not 2 v 2. MK has the options for far too many situations to be less than first.
best whatever
my point exactly, there probably a best shooting weapon, best battering weapon, ect....
but MK even if the best at what he does right now, that doesn't mean that nobody else can come up and dethrown him

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
best whatever
my point exactly, there probably a best shooting weapon, best battering weapon, ect....
but MK even if the best at what he does right now, that doesn't mean that nobody else can come up and dethrown him
But this isn't a shooter.

MK has the tools to be the best character in Brawl for its entire lifespan.

Cook Kirby

Smash Apprentice
But this isn't a shooter.

MK has the tools to be the best character in Brawl for its entire lifespan.
I dunno about that. He's missing a projectile altogether which can cost him some match-ups. He's light, which generally isn't a favorable attribute. And the fact that all his specials put him into helpless mode isn't great either. Generally speaking, I'd have to say MK is the most over-rated character.

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
I dunno about that. He's missing a projectile altogether which can cost him some match-ups. He's light, which generally isn't a favorable attribute. And the fact that all his specials put him into helpless mode isn't great either. Generally speaking, I'd have to say MK is the most over-rated character.
hey S.O.L.I.D., proved you wrong, huh?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Too bad he can't be proven wrong unless somebody can somehow see the future and can actually TELL us how the metagame is going to be then.

Until that time, my guess is about as great as the next person's.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
That's true, but it's also coupled with the fact that he has the fastest aerial in the game, amazing range, amazing recovery, insane priority, fast and powerful killers, the list goes on and on. You can't point out just bad things about a character and use that as the basis for saying they're wrong.

The undisputed top character in the game cannot truly be "overrated."

hey S.O.L.I.D., proved you wrong, huh?
No, not really.

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
That's true, but it's also coupled with the fact that he has the fastest aerial in the game, amazing range, amazing recovery, insane priority, fast and powerful killers, the list goes on and on. You can't point out just bad things about a character and use that as the basis for saying they're wrong.

The undisputed top character in the game cannot truly be "overrated."

No, not really.
but the bad things balance MK out so he isn't too strong to be unbeatable
and you didn't look in the 2nd part of this thread, did you, there are 2 people who agree MK is overrated, and 1 who you just quoted, so he is not the undisputed best character

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
but the bad things balance MK out so he isn't too strong to be unbeatable and you didn't look in the 2nd part of this thread, did you, there are 2 people who agree MK is overrated, and 1 who you just quoted, so he is not the undisputed best character
wut...

wow, a whole 2 people agree with you. wow, a couple of other no names backin you up. mk's weaknesses DO NOT balance him out wtf are you smokin lmao. his strengths far outweigh his weaknesses, do you even play competitvely i.e. have you ever gone to a real tournament?

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I seriously love those people that say Meta Knight is overrated.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
tbh, MK is a little overrated. Especially nowadays. =/

Or maybe Canada has sucky MK's.

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
tbh, MK is a little overrated. Especially nowadays. =/

Or maybe Canada has sucky MK's.
make that another, S.O.L.I.D., and again, almost no game has a for sure best character, MK is good, but i don't think any character is a for sure #1, and he still could be with Snake in a S Tier, and not have both of them having their own, if Gannon isn't bad enough for his own tier than MK definitely isn't good enough for his own

and if you could count, there was the 2 people on the 2nd part of this thread and the person you just quoted, so 2+1=3, silly

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
MK has no bad bad matchups. Snake does.

You lost, Shadow13.

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
MK has no bad bad matchups. Snake does.

You lost, Shadow13.
not really, just like any game, there can be a new strategy, new idea for playing that steals MK's thunder, that is how it is in every game

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Meta Knight has an advantage and or even matchup with every character in the game.
It's arguable that Snake and Wario either go even or have an advantage against him.

Meta Knight has few bad qualities, probably the only thing holding him back is his weight. And even then, he can still output more damage quickly than any other character in the game. There's always a new strategy, half of your tournament experience is trying to overcome the swarm of Meta Knights.

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
Meta Knight has an advantage and or even matchup with every character in the game.
It's arguable that Snake and Wario either go even or have an advantage against him.

Meta Knight has few bad qualities, probably the only thing holding him back is his weight. And even then, he can still output more damage quickly than any other character in the game. There's always a new strategy, half of your tournament experience is trying to overcome the swarm of Meta Knights.
yeah, but not everyone who uses MK is great, some just keep using the *ucking tornado over and over until the timer runs out
and for some guys (like S.O.L.I.D.) one of the reasons MK is so good is that he is considered best and because of that every other person thinks that they should use him and get to be best with him, that or be a tornado spammer

noahbaby94

Smash Cadet
Yea but for wait his uair comes out so quickly he can escape the hitstun and di like someone much heavier than him.

tuestresfat

Smash Apprentice
Sonic is by far, one of the most under rated characters in the game. He's really hard to defend, because people can't really bring up mind games to tier list or matchup discussion. They're just sorta, ignored. Sonic is about the tricks and the mindgames. Sonic can do so much out of the spin shot, it gets to the point where not doing anything out of spinshot is more effective than attacking.

Sonic mains don't bother defending him because 9/10 times people shrug their post off. Sonic is definitely lower mid tier.
and what I'm saying is I've encountered a lot of people do try, time and time again to defend his case. Maybe it's because they do get ignored, I'm not sure so I won't claim to know either way. Let's not talk about sonic's moves (like why his dsmash is so great or why his dash attack is the best in the game, those are irrelevant to my point), I'm sure the tier list has considered those aspects far better than a conversation between you and me can.

Klutch with big D

Smash Rookie
all people who say mk is overated.......your all idiots. Meta knight has 4 recovery moves, a glide, and can fly. so he is not falling off the edge anytime soon. he can kill at 60-90 with an unpunishable up and b. C sticks with no lag. And a rediculous amount of speed and priority, So people who say he is overated...BULL CRAP!

Frown

poekmon
all people who say mk is overated.......your all idiots. Meta knight has 4 recovery moves, a glide, and can fly. so he is not falling off the edge anytime soon. he can kill at 60-90 with an unpunishable up and b. C sticks with no lag. And a rediculous amount of speed and priority, So people who say he is overated...BULL CRAP!
Well, there's no doubt he's the best character in the game, but he doesn't really deserve a tier of his own. Snake isn't a lot worse.

Klutch with big D

Smash Rookie
Well, there's no doubt he's the best character in the game, but he doesn't really deserve a tier of his own. Snake isn't a lot worse.
Yes, snake is not far behind, but he is bull crap too. but falco is way behind the both of them, if you ask me, both should be banned

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
yeah, but not everyone who uses MK is great, some just keep using the *ucking tornado over and over until the timer runs out
and for some guys (like S.O.L.I.D.) one of the reasons MK is so good is that he is considered best and because of that every other person thinks that they should use him and get to be best with him, that or be a tornado spammer
I can safely say you've never been to a real tournament, or have any form of skill. SOLID's actually a tournament Marth, he's been to quite a few as it is. He deals with Meta Knights all the time. You're just stupid. You act like every Meta Knight depends on the tornado. If you can't beat it, then you're honestly just bad at this game.

and what I'm saying is I've encountered a lot of people do try, time and time again to defend his case. Maybe it's because they do get ignored, I'm not sure so I won't claim to know either way. Let's not talk about sonic's moves (like why his dsmash is so great or why his dash attack is the best in the game, those are irrelevant to my point), I'm sure the tier list has considered those aspects far better than a conversation between you and me can.
His Dsmash isn't so great and he has one of the worst dash attacks.

I'd probably say Ganondorf, Diddy, and Snake have the best.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Well then those aren't tournament MK's.

MK is the best, he isn't "considered the best."

FOR THE LAST TIME: The reason MK is so good is that he has an amazing recovery, amazing priority, fast killers, no undisputed bad matchups, and no bad tourney stages.

Now you're wrong shut up. Listen to Straked. I actually JUST got back from a tournament. Don't talk **** when you're a scrub who doesn't attend tournaments and fails at reading my explanations for why MK is undisputedly the best character.

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
Well then those aren't tournament MK's.

MK is the best, he isn't "considered the best."

FOR THE LAST TIME: The reason MK is so good is that he has an amazing recovery, amazing priority, fast killers, no undisputed bad matchups, and no bad tourney stages.

Now you're wrong shut up. Listen to Straked. I actually JUST got back from a tournament. Don't talk **** when you're a scrub who doesn't attend tournaments and fails at reading my explanations for why MK is undisputedly the best character.
i read this, that is why i responded, and again, there are now 5 people on this thread that say that MK is overrated, so not undisputedly the best

undisputed

1570, "not argued with," from un- (1) "not" + pp. of dispute. Meaning "not called into question" is attested from 1625 (from dictionary.com)

i am not the only one questioning, at least be realistic and say generally agreed, or considered

and again, MK is good, i am not saying he is bad, i am saying that all characters are beatable and that new strategies come up, and that is how people get good with a character
no offense, but try to be mature and not talk trash

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285

That post was so incredibly stupid that it isn't worth anyone's time to even try to convince you otherwise.
Please, go to a real tournament and place top 3, then tell me he's overrated. Meta Knight is the real deal.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
i read this, that is why i responded, and again, there are now 5 people on this thread that say that MK is overrated, so not undisputedly the best

undisputed

1570, "not argued with," from un- (1) "not" + pp. of dispute. Meaning "not called into question" is attested from 1625 (from dictionary.com)

i am not the only one questioning, at least be realistic and say generally agreed, or considered

and again, MK is good, i am not saying he is bad, i am saying that all characters are beatable and that new strategies come up, and that is how people get good with a character
no offense, but try to be mature and not talk trash

How about you try to act like you have a third grade education and learn to comprehend what you read?

I'm SURE that everyone on this thread (aside from you) will say that MK is no doubt the best character in Brawl.

Hell, go ****ing ask them.

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman

How about you try to act like you have a third grade education and learn to comprehend what you read?

I'm SURE that everyone on this thread (aside from you) will say that MK is no doubt the best character in Brawl.

Hell, go ****ing ask them.
there are more people besides me saying MK is overrated, actually look, because, again, 5 people (including me, seeing as you were having counting problems before) have said someting along the lines of "MK is overrated" or "defininately MK"

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
there are more people besides me saying MK is overrated, actually look, because, again, 5 people (including me, seeing as you were having counting problems before) have said someting along the lines of "MK is overrated" or "defininately MK"
I ****ING KNOW THIS!

Saying MK is overrated=/=saying MK isn't the best character.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
He facepalmed solely because your only backup is "well other people agree so i must be right."

My god.
We're not arguing against your opinion, we're basically telling you that the hype is true. He IS as good as people say.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I love how you completely ignore my points.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I facepalmed because of that and the fact that he fails at reading my entire posts and the fact that he's pretty much saying the same thing over and over again after he's pretty much been proven wrong.

MK is the best character in the game. Whether or not he should have his own tier, etc. is up for discussion.

But he IS the best character in the game.

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
He facepalmed solely because your only backup is "well other people agree so i must be right."

My god.
We're not arguing against your opinion, we're basically telling you that the hype is true. He IS as good as people say.
i don't say i must be right about MK, i am saying i am not the only one who thinks this, and that him using undisputed is not right, because there were others who agreed with me
and again, it isn't so much MK, it is that most things like this are just hype

Top Bottom