• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most overrated character

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Again, stupid statement, you don't think things through, not worth my time, etc.

Solid, if you wanna correct him, be my guest. But it's just not worth it if he can't comprehend what we're saying.

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
I'm not saying he's undisputedly not overrated.

I'm saying he's UNDISPUTEDLY THE BEST CHARACTER!

THEY ARE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS!!!!
saying somebody is the most overrated character could easily mean that they are not the best, seeing as overrated means to not be as good as you are said to be
and report me for what?
i am not the one who feels they must have their point showed by unnecessary caps lock use

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
He's using caps because you clearly don't understand.

Meta Knight is the best character in the game.
Prove me wrong.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
That pretty much confirmed our troll suspicions.
You're probably an alt.

foofatron

Smash Cadet
I think MK is the most overrated character. Although I think falco, snake, and DDD are up their too. And perhaps the Ice Climbers.

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
he seems very much like a troll. i mean, does he really need Sakurai to say MK is the best character in the game order to realize he is the best? seriously??

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
hello?
what i am posting is related to the topic, so it is not like i'm spamming, if i would stop responding so would you, and i would probably not say the same thing again if you stopped responding
and S.O.L.I.D., i will be your friend
and if the gauy who made the game says "yeah, MK is the best, duh!" then it is for sure, i still think MK is good, just not a defininte best character

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Meta Knight being best in the game is an absolute fact.

You can't prove us wrong because you have yet to do so. His tournament results, characteristics, moveset, matchups. Those are all factors in how good a character is. Meta Knight just excels at all of them.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
i don't say i must be right about MK, i am saying i am not the only one who thinks this, and that him using undisputed is not right, because there were others who agreed with me
and again, it isn't so much MK, it is that most things like this are just hype
saying somebody is the most overrated character could easily mean that they are not the best, seeing as overrated means to not be as good as you are said to be
and report me for what?
i am not the one who feels they must have their point showed by unnecessary caps lock use
i read this, that is why i responded, and again, there are now 5 people on this thread that say that MK is overrated, so not undisputedly the best

undisputed

1570, "not argued with," from un- (1) "not" + pp. of dispute. Meaning "not called into question" is attested from 1625 (from dictionary.com)

i am not the only one questioning, at least be realistic and say generally agreed, or considered

and again, MK is good, i am not saying he is bad, i am saying that all characters are beatable and that new strategies come up, and that is how people get good with a character
no offense, but try to be mature and not talk trash
there are more people besides me saying MK is overrated, actually look, because, again, 5 people (including me, seeing as you were having counting problems before) have said someting along the lines of "MK is overrated" or "defininately MK"

Iono, most of these look pretty similar to each other.

MK=Best character in the game.

State your evidence as to why he isn't, please.

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
That's because their grabs are amazing...

They should be High Tier imo.

@darkchaos: He's overrated because he's the best? What are you talking about?
i think he means that he also thinks MK is not the best
oh, and don't go to my profile just to post about this thread

Nicole

Smash Champion
falco's extremely overrated. he has a few very good things going for him (lasers, chaingrab) but is really lacking in several other areas (ko power, RECOVERY). he's far too high on the tier list.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
ok so we all agree MK is overrated
What means "we all"?

MK is not overrated. Hell, he's underrated. He's much better than everyone says he is.

Nobody in Brawl right now is really all that "overrated." Some characters are underrated, but very few are THAT overrated.

...Cept maybe Falco to an extent. He really doesn't have all that great matchups with the rest of the top tier. He's probably not third best.

Klutch with big D

Smash Rookie
Shadow, you have absolutly no idea what ur talking about, meta is definitly the #1 character, and its not like sf4 were its close, but no one comes close. I mean come on, his hardest matchup is himself.........wtf. kiss ssbb for the pro circuit chances good by, all becuz of meta

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
What means "we all"?

MK is not overrated. Hell, he's underrated. He's much better than everyone says he is.

Nobody in Brawl right now is really all that "overrated." Some characters are underrated, but very few are THAT overrated.

...Cept maybe Falco to an extent. He really doesn't have all that great matchups with the rest of the top tier. He's probably not third best.
well, if all of someones good matchups were in their own tier, then wouldn't that be rather weird?
that would be like putting a character in a tier not because the character is good, but because they do good against just those in that tier
and again, new strategies come up with every game, eventually, MK won't be best because either
A. Somebody will get a strategy against him
or
B. He will get banned and nobody will use him competetively for a long time and better characters will get more focus and get better strategies
i think the ones who win the tournament get the credit, whether they use MK, Snake, or whoever

paterack7

Smash Rookie
Marth, definitely.

I prefer Ike over Marth, I don't see why people consider Marth one of the best characters in the game.

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
Marth, definitely.

I prefer Ike over Marth, I don't see why people consider Marth one of the best characters in the game.
there has never been a "bad" fire emblem character
even people who hate Ike say he shouldn't be lower on the tier list

Top Bottom