• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Annoying Players Online

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
Ones who have wifi that doesn't lag
Isn't that a good thing?

Well I've been playing online a lot recently and one thing that really ticks me off is how some people feel the need to spam and camp. I know some matches can be laggy, but instead of adjusting to the lag like everyone else they see the need to stand in one place and wait for you to get near to smash you. This doesn't just happen on with Anyone it happens with some of my friends matches with people on the boards. I know their startegy is easy to counter and punish, but boy does it grind my gears!

I also hate how they brag about beating you (If they manage to) afterwards. As if they actually demonstrated any skill.

That's online for ya =/

I constantly go through multiple matches before I am able to find a good taunter along with me. However, I absolutely hate the wretches that decide to taunt at the beginning of the match and then betray you (i.e start to damage you, in SD Mode walk up to you and hit you). I enjoy taunting yet I don't tend to spam them, I usually taunt a few times, mess with the stage and other players, then start taunting a little bit more. If everyone but me is a fighter and refuses to have a taunt match, then I simply get them to chase me around the stage while taunting them because they cannot catch me. Most fun is with Sonic's "You're too slow!" taunt.
I like to use Final Smashes in a taunting way as well, such as deliberately making them miss or (with Luigi's Final) stun them and start to use Luigi's damaging Down Taunt.
Every once in a while I enjoy a good jumping around the field while damaging other players as well, one may easily consider me irritating unless I'm on their side.

Lustar

Smash Cadet
To me, the most annoying players online are usually the ones that taunt spam when anyone dies or when they launched someone. Some more annoying players are ones who spam attacks, use items like crazy, camp, use projectiles all the time, or avoid the match the entire time.

I seem to have very bad luck, as I haven't seen anyone in this topic post the following:

Noobs who HBC for constant Temple + Pikachu + Bottom Half = Painfully obvious amount of spam...

Also, as a Kirby-main, I hate Pikachu Thunder-spammers in general. I mean, I'm trying to set up for Stone Kirby, and whenever I even THINK about it, they spam it.

Things everyone probably believes:

I also hate people who constantly lose, then change to Pit and Hiyayayayayayayayaaaaaa/Arrow spam the entire match.

Probably the thing that made me gave up Team Battle WA is AFW'ers. Like, once, (Sorry, Im'll have to brag a bit...XD) I had a partner who was AFW; I ended up getting around +3, my partner -5, and each of the enemies +1. I guarantee, if my partner wasn't there, I would've won that match by a mile.

Taunt spammers. It gets very boring when I'm looking for someone better than me, and end up seeing one person taunt the entire match.

I also hate, when I constantly win, people try to team up on me. Then, if they end up winning, they all leave. (Seriously, that ends up happening every other session I join...) Though, it does often blow up in their faces when I hit all three at once with Giant Swing's second hit. And then, when all of them fail against me, they all leave at once...

Anthony523

Smash Apprentice
Well Just Earlier Today I Had The Worst Match Ever
I Picked Captain Falcon (Due To Extreme Manliness)
The Other 3 Were
Pit
Pikachu
Sonic
My 3 Most Hated Characters

Whenever Pika Got In A Tight Spot... D-Smash Or Thunder.. Like Does That Solve Everything For Pika Players? (Obviously)

The Pit Just Ran Away And Waited Until People Got To High Percents To Kill Them And Won Most Of The Time.

And Sonic... Well He Was Just Sonic... Which Is Bad Enough But He Just Constantly Did F-Smash.

I Felt Like The Only One Who Knew How To Play That Game...

But Another Thing I Hate Is Kirby Players That Do Stone And Final Cutter Constantly Like Seriously? After A While The Move Decays So Much That I'll Just Move But Won't Get Damage Since They Use It So Much.

InfernoAce

Smash Cadet
Kirby Spammers > Pika Spammers [In terms of annoyance, anyways]

I also hate people that run away for most of the match, like many space furry players.

lucha5

Banned via Warnings
i hate ladder players who just use mk/kirby/wolf or ike who either just spam specials kirby fsmash and u^b and ike fsmash spam. and when they lose they complain i spammed lolz. its so funny one time this kirby was just fsmashing and and u^b and when i camped with snake he called me a wuss.

Some of the players I especially hate when I'm actually trying to Brawl online are the ones that pick Fox, Pikachu (most blatantly), or Lucas.
With Fox, they tend to spam me with Blaster and Fox's Side attack.
With Pikachu... (What everyone else says about spamming Thunder).
With Lucas, always using that stupid PK Rocket attack and his charged Up attack.

Atex-Error

Smash Rookie
i don't like wolf

especially spamming ones who just do forward Smash the whole time while attacking

man ill pick either Marth or Ike to punish the guy

i've only seen 3 good Wolf users that actually did a combo and was not afraid to spike knowing he might die do to his recovery move xD

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
D3 on yoshi's story in lag, too hard to avoid that darn Fsmash even when on that cloud

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
Well, I just recently began my foray into SSBB Wi-Fi Play (WA) a few days ago, so...I've only experienced a few Taunters, but luckily I haven't joined a "Taunt Party" yet (I didn't even know such things existed!) So far, some Lucases/Nesses, plus some ROBs have been annoying...
Yeah, you should be allowed to taunt after a good KO, but don't make taunting the only reason you bought Brawl... That just wastes Brawl's potential...as well as deprives others of the chance of actually putting the game to good use.

I haven't noticed that many AWOLs online though...but I'll permit it occasionally since it's happened to me, too..

But what was really annoying was when a Lucario managed to get FOUR Smash Balls in a row for the whole match... The other players, including me, managed to damage it, and the Lucario just goes in and steals it... Grrr... :uzi:

Lastly, I hate it when your Teammate purposely SDs, which docks your Team's standing and creates more work for you... This happened to me with a Wolf partner on Shadow Moses Island recently... It looked so 'glitchy' (like from poor CP AI) that it seriously has me questioning the validity of whether the people I'm playing against are actual jerks or poor CPs... And I thought the Halo online community had problems (or so I've heard)...

Daffy

Smash Rookie
People who are 3 vs 1 in versus anyone I love that
I've been on the ended where I have to fight 3 people and have won quite a few times now. I don't mind it the only thing I ask if for Items to be off. Iems screw me up im fight 2 of them and the 3rd one the just runs around grabing things to throw at me. The funneist thing is if their team work is really bad and you gett them to start fighting themselves as a result.:laugh:. Most wolf players I've faced spam the hell out of F-smash, and d smash uncontrolably. There's alot of Marth players out their that try to just spam the counter and f-Smash when you get close that quicly gets predictable, and I just throw them all over the place. I have yet to face a marth player online who can sucessfully move in for a Spike. A lot of Taunting parties like to choose Hyrule Templecause basically cause whoever gets the first kill in that stupid level wins. I just pick off one of them watch carefully for spike oppotunities. Haha you Taunt parties are all Terrrible players i love beating you guys Knowing 3 of you were trying to just stop me :psycho:

lil cj

Smash Lord
Pikachu, Link, TL, and Mario
are very annoying online
They're always the ones that try to attack during taunt parties:/

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
What do I find annoying in With Anyone Brawls?

1. Items. My insanely poor luck rating has enemies who seem to think Ray Guns and Spicy Curries are the answer to everything. As soon as I get a Ray Gun I toss it off the stage. Not much better than chain-grabbing, those things. And don't even get me started on Final Smashes. Seems to me that if Wolf or Lucas happens to be in a match with those things, they're guaranteed to get it, no question.

2. Spammers and players who will use the same tactic over and over and over. Pikachu, for example. Everyone knows how bad his Thunder is alone when it's spammed, but when the Pikachu seems to think using it and the D-Smash is the only way to get KOs it can get utterly ridiculous. I faced a Pikachu user not too long ago who even continued using Thunder when I was quite clearly just absorbing it all with Oil Panic.

3. Unresponsives/AFWs. On Team Battle this is an incessant nuisance. I am the best player in those matches, yet it's ruined all because of my teammate decided to go and leave his Wii on while he had his dinner. Even when they're on the other team it's bad because the teammate I now have is a dishonourable ***.

On Basic Brawl it isn't so bad since I can attack anyone. Though I still end up protecting the AFWii-er. A 1v1 Brawl with an unresponsive I just treat as an extended Waiting Room session. :)

4. People who run away as soon as they get a kill or just hide away in some secluded corner and then rush in to steal everyone else's hard work. Squirtle's Withdraw is the perfect cowardice move for that, and Ike and Sonic seem to thrive online because of the kill-stealing.

5. Hyrule Temple. Selected painfully often, large, perfect for camping and stalling, Kirby can kill off the right blast line with his Inhale move...

Just... probably fourth worst map in the game, behind New Pork City, 75m, and Mario Bros.

bibleonian

Smash Apprentice
I'd be on Wifi more often but my internet connection isn't so great. The worst matches I've found though are ones where there's one person who doesn't do anything (probably just left the game on) and another who just camps and taunts over and over and only moves out only to get a kill that I've been working on for at least a half of a minute. Then there's that one final person who actually does stuff but only spams. I've had matches with all 3 of those kinds of people. Thank goodness my internet doesn't stay connected to them for very long (still, I wish it was better than what it is).

GofG

Smash Champion
I dislike playing wolfs who spam dsmash and fsmash, as my frame advantage on shield gets diminished to almost 0 in input lag.

GanonkingAbyss

Smash Apprentice
i hate when i face spammers who literally use one move the entire fight, then whenever i get past their spam and beat them they run away from me and fight some1 else while the other two end up teaming up on me , which is why i wish they had made a one on one random match possibility instead of it being 1/100 chance

Daffy

Smash Rookie
I'm prolly one of the few people you'll play who refues to use cheap tatics, because you just can't get better at this game that way.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I'm prolly one of the few people you'll play who refues to use cheap tatics, because you just can't get better at this game that way.
There is truth here, although playing in With Anyone mode isn't a good way to get better anyways. Even playing well in With Anyone won't get you much useful experience. Using 'cheap' tactics is sometimes the best way to win with certain characters and some of said tactics can actually be kind of hard to execute.

:034:

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
I could tell you that but then I'f have to...ummmm
Have you any other strategies against the taunt parties. :confused: this tactic is the only one against taunters that is effective, aside from pretending to be one of them and backstabbing them. (WHICH I STRICTLY DO NOT EVER USE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BECAUSE I THINK IT IS BASICALLY LYING) These tactics are more difficult when the taunters are pros. I am tired of team battles cause there is usually some noob who drags me or my other teammate down. Even when I make high scores, I would usually need to make even higher scores such as 7 or 8. Also I've been playing this game for a year now and I played melee about 4 years after it was released. I think I'm pretty good already.

DarthSonic78

Smash Rookie
America! F!!! YEAH! Comin' again to save the... an
What do I find annoying in With Anyone Brawls?

1. Items. My insanely poor luck rating has enemies who seem to think Ray Guns and Spicy Curries are the answer to everything. As soon as I get a Ray Gun I toss it off the stage. Not much better than chain-grabbing, those things. And don't even get me started on Final Smashes. Seems to me that if Wolf or Lucas happens to be in a match with those things, they're guaranteed to get it, no question.

2. Spammers and players who will use the same tactic over and over and over. Pikachu, for example. Everyone knows how bad his Thunder is alone when it's spammed, but when the Pikachu seems to think using it and the D-Smash is the only way to get KOs it can get utterly ridiculous. I faced a Pikachu user not too long ago who even continued using Thunder when I was quite clearly just absorbing it all with Oil Panic.

3. Unresponsives/AFWs. On Team Battle this is an incessant nuisance. I am the best player in those matches, yet it's ruined all because of my teammate decided to go and leave his Wii on while he had his dinner. Even when they're on the other team it's bad because the teammate I now have is a dishonourable ***.

On Basic Brawl it isn't so bad since I can attack anyone. Though I still end up protecting the AFWii-er. A 1v1 Brawl with an unresponsive I just treat as an extended Waiting Room session. :)

4. People who run away as soon as they get a kill or just hide away in some secluded corner and then rush in to steal everyone else's hard work. Squirtle's Withdraw is the perfect cowardice move for that, and Ike and Sonic seem to thrive online because of the kill-stealing.

5. Hyrule Temple. Selected painfully often, large, perfect for camping and stalling, Kirby can kill off the right blast line with his Inhale move...

Just... probably fourth worst map in the game, behind New Pork City, 75m, and Mario Bros.
You my friend have just hit what I was about to say, DEAD ON! :laugh: And also, I must say, I hate on Basic Brawl how noobish people will use Ike and C-stick Spam, thinking, "It's the best way to get the most kills, killing at low damage percentage, and winning the match." Yes, those smashes can kill at low damage percentages depending on who it is, but "you're forgetting one more very basic thing" (Big boss quote XD) you can dodge the attack! In one match, I'm literally just sidestepping the whole match as some idiot keeps spamming Ike's F-smash (It's like he's Krillin in this one part in a DBZ movie abridged XD keeps thinking he can get pass an electric force field, getting electrocued every try XD), until I (I'm captain Falcon) jump up in the air and do a reverse Falcon Punch XD.

JOE!

Smash Hero
more and more as I go on...the rest of the poeple seem to just...team on me

I mean, what the heck?

Top Bottom