• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Annoying Players Online

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
Lately, I've been seeing better players but still see people who aren't that good. I don't care if they're good or not but some use some really annoying tactics to win or bother you.
For example, yesterday, I went online with my sister. We found a taunt spammer who she decided to befriend. I didn't feel like taunt spamming so I decided to fight him. I beat him up and he runs away to taunt with my sister at the end. I continue fighting him but he keeps abusing items. He won the next few battles because of FS's and running away to steal my sister's kills. I convince my sister to stop taunting with him and once P4 leaves we beat him up. For some reason, she decided to continues taunting with him later. He didn't attack her and wanted her help. I didn't care much since she was on my side. Next battle, my sister had no one else to fight but P4 so I ended up fighting P3 for a while. I could have fought P4 instead but everytime I did the other guy stole my kills or killed me. I was stuck fighting him.

Now this is the annoying part. He tried do do everything to bother me as much as possible. He abused items like crazy (around 25% of his attacks). I beat him anyways o he was getting desperate to win. He started spamming and camping a lot. It got bad enough to the point where he only used projectiles and items. The most annoying part was that everytime something happens to me he would taunt like crazy. He would even do it while he was in danger. I decided this guy was no fun fighting and decided to fight P4 instead. Then P3 decided instead of doing something else he would stalk me. He kept following me and I couldn't get rid of him. He wouldn't let me fight anyone else. My sister wouldn't fight him so I decided to annoy him too. At first I though spamming was funny until he started copying me. Eventually I just left.
Wow, that sucks.:(
I hate WA taunt spammers.

ZettaKuma

Smash Cadet
Scrub+Wi-Fi+(Insert Character Here)+Spam=

Pikachu's thunder
Sonic's homing attack
Kirby's stone attack
Wolf's/Falco's Blaster
Pit's "HY-YI-YI-YI!!" ring thingy
Super Sudden Death
The player who never was
F**KING BUMPERS
Meta Knight's Tornado, Drill, Loop, DC attacks.
(I could go on all day about this)

Wi-fi sucks ;)
/thread

Moozle

Smash Champion
Excessive taunting doesn't anger me. The only thing that really does is verrrrry campy R.O.B.s, smash spamming olimars, and some zeldas and pikachus. I'm also annoyed by how like 80%+ of people play lucas or ness.

xxgaara213xx

Smash Rookie
those are ****ing newbs....i hate those people who do that ****.....most of my friends do that, they kept aying i can kick you *** when they always stall and ****. i can beat them if they stop grabbing and running away and camp alot. that'svery unsporting and it takes away my joy like crazy

MXblaze

Smash Apprentice
The ones that are from like japan and then join the AiB ladder, and challenge people. Since AiB is 99% American, they lag with everyone, and they have the upper hand because they're used to it.

Iri5hL3gaCY

Smash Cadet
just another low point for playing With Anyone

people who spam in general just piss me off, whether

it be a taunt spam or a b-move spam

cutter

Smash Champion
I actually quite enjoy a Pikachu doing nothing but use Thunder.

Pikachu thunder spamming? Just wait right outside of the blast radius, wait for the attack to end, and dashgrab or tilt Pika. Or just shoot a projectile at him. Or use G&W (this is a great way to make Pika players /ragequit).

Plus his Thunder will be staled into oblivion.

Viperdev

Smash Apprentice
I hate people that use metaknights and do nothing but the tornado and forward B

also pits that do forward B and spam arrows -_-

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I met a Marth today who seemed like he kind of knew what he was doing, but he kept using counter and fsmash over and over and over again. I got sick of it, so I spiked him halfway through a match and then did Ike's down taunt continuously for the entire rest of the match, oblivious to everything else around me, not even trying to dodge attacks. It pissed him right off, it was great :chuckle:

Viperdev

Smash Apprentice
I met a Marth today who seemed like he kind of knew what he was doing, but he kept using counter and fsmash over and over and over again. I got sick of it, so I spiked him halfway through a match and then did Ike's down taunt continuously for the entire rest of the match, oblivious to everything else around me, not even trying to dodge attacks. It pissed him right off, it was great :chuckle:
yea I hate it when marths and ikes use counter all the time

Terodactyl Yelnats

Smash Ace
NNID
Perseids_Tero
A lot of noobs online that attack and then roll away, attack and roll away, then stalk you for the rest of the match. Then they taunt every single time you die, even when they're stalking someone else.

ProngedBurito

Smash Rookie
I think the really annoying guys online can be fun though, cos you can usually tell when they start raging when you kill them and they either do really well, but usually really bad and just spam buttons.

But the most annoying I'd say would have to be Ike players who spam Aether then run in and steal kills. Or Pikachu's who spam thunder then when you get near just use their down smash. But then if it's just one-on-one-serious-business probably players who think they're fantastic by just rolling around the stage as Captain Falcon and just jump up and do falcon punch or his air moves and miss all the time.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Stone spammers are not a problem for me. I just avoid it and then grab them. Still they think I'm stupid and do what they'll miss even if I clearly show it's useless against me.

Hobs

Smash Journeyman
When you're trying to combo someone, but someone else interrupts you.

Pikas using skull bash over and over and over. When you're fighting someone else, I mean.

Same for Jigglypuffs using rollout.

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
Wow, that sucks.:(
I hate WA taunt spammers.
Ironically I'm usually taunt spamming people in WA but I don't do stuff like that. I just sit back, goof off and see other players reactions.
wait u were online With Anyone with ur sister on the same wii? how does that work, hacking?
It's a code. In fact that code was the reason I installed HBC. I couldn't figure out how to get that code to work until after a couple of months though.

Mewter

Smash Master
I have to agree with this, MK is annoying but thunder spamming is WAY more annoying.

You know what happened once to me?
There was this Pikachu on With Anyone that kept spamming thunder, so I brought my Pikachu in, taunted a whole lot throughout the match, and KO'd that Pikachu as many times as I could, the victor being me simply because I was able to milk this person for KO's.

So, I switch to my usual Lucario, and after a couple more matches, someone new joins as Pikachu, making a total of four players. When they enter the Brawl, they see that annoying Pikachu still spamming thunder. So for the next match, I switch to pikachu and they both team up on me. :dizzy:
/rant

Moral of the Story: Don't play With Anyone.

BSP

Smash Legend
You know what happened once to me?
There was this Pikachu on With Anyone that kept spamming thunder, so I brought my Pikachu in, taunted a whole lot throughout the match, and KO'd that Pikachu as many times as I could, the victor being me simply because I was able to milk this person for KO's.

So, I switch to my usual Lucario, and after a couple more matches, someone new joins as Pikachu, making a total of four players. When they enter the Brawl, they see that annoying Pikachu still spamming thunder. So for the next match, I switch to pikachu and they both team up on me. :dizzy:
/rant

Moral of the Story: Don't play With Anyone.
Lol. When u get teamed up on, it's the chance to show everyone who's boss.:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

rSmooth

Smash Rookie
My patience has grown short when playing With Anyone. I only give people like one chance before I quit. If someone taunts right away at the start of the match... I'm gone. No hesitation. If someone starts spamming, I'm gone. If even just two players form an alliance I'm out of there too right away. Any lag at all, I'm done. And if Hyrule is chosen even once then that's it. I'll go through a few rooms sometimes before I find one I like.

It's not like I couldn't deal with these annoyances....... it's just that I'm at the point where I'm not willing to. I have no desire to "prove" anything to the spammers or piss anyone off. Ego bull****.

It's not too much to ask for a room where some people are actually playing the ****ing game.

I mean hey, I used to think taunt parties and the kind were entertaining at one point. But now I'm pretty sure there's nothing new I could see and pissing someone off doesn't appeal to me anymroe. All that stuff has become very unoriginal, boring, and pretty much painfully unfunny so there's not really point to it.

But probably my favorite match at the moment: FFA, Players who are actually playing seriously, and sticky bombs on high frequency. **** yea! :laugh:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
My patience has grown short when playing With Anyone. I only give people like one chance before I quit. If someone taunts right away at the start of the match... I'm gone. No hesitation. If someone starts spamming, I'm gone. If even just two players form an alliance I'm out of there too right away. Any lag at all, I'm done. And if Hyrule is chosen even once then that's it. I'll go through a few rooms sometimes before I find one I like.

It's not like I couldn't deal with these annoyances....... it's just that I'm at the point where I'm not willing to. I have no desire to "prove" anything to the spammers or piss anyone off. Ego bullsiht.

It's not too much to ask for a room where some people are actually playing the fcuking game.

I mean hey, I used to think taunt parties and the kind were entertaining at one point. But now I'm pretty sure there's nothing new I could see and pissing someone off doesn't appeal to me anymroe. All that stuff has become very unoriginal, boring, and pretty much painfully unfunny so there's not really point to it.

But probably my favorite match at the moment: FFA, Players who are actually playing seriously, and sticky bombs on high frequency. **** yea! :laugh:
I feel your pain, my friend. I actually have come to this conclusion several times since the game rolled out. I guess the only real reason why I keep going back is because it's the only mode I'm any good at, lol I need there to be 4 brawlers in other words, one-on-one matches are too intense, too many frames open, none of my strategies really work in 1vs1 cause they're FFA/team battle (team attack off) strategies. Items could be on or off, that's really not important, though I personally hate single-items-high or any items high, I prefer medium, all (cause the computer's selection for "random" drops is a clever algorithm that works best when it's set to 'medium-all') or no items at all, that's definitely good.

The Taunt Party is like... I dunno how to describe it without leading myself into a corner, lol It's NOT fun, it IS annoying, and yet I do it anyway cause sometimes it's the right thing to do and the tasty way to do it. After all these months of secretly and publically complaining about TP's the first chance I get when I'm in a FFA with scrubs n00bs or generally annoying people.. is Taunt. And then someone else in the group starts.

In fact since the history of With Anyone here in America, With Anyone has been one of the single greatest examples of Peer Pressure I've ever seen. That rush you feel when you're logged in with 3 total strangers. What can I do today to mess with these people's heads? I know! I'll hit my taunt key over and over. haha "ok." "What's the matter, scared?" (to fight) "la la la la la la" (you wanna fight but we won't let you *hits taunt key more*) ... meh. It took me a few initial tries to get the courage to taunt the strangers in my group and I'd only do it if I knew I could beat them cause I figure that's gotta be why the Taunt functionality is even IN this game. To shine people on, get them flustered so they make mistakes, that kinda thing. Or as a means of salute though that takes some initial understanding on the participants.

One thing I can definitely tell you. Don't taunt a Pro. LOL!!!!! I actually got the first KO against a pro during a clan tryout hahahaha, total luck really cause I was pulling semi-n00bish moves out and it caught him off guard. I then proceeded to get 8 stocked. >< don't tease the octopus, kids.

Marufuji Ryo

Smash Apprentice
Today after having a break from Brawl+ decided to go back to vBrawl as I kinda miss it, I met this guy called OlimarBoy.

Now the lag was terrbile and the slowdown was bad to but seeing as I love brawl I put up with it, this guy is the worst player I have ever seen , can't fight worth sh*t.

Spamming smashes, spamming UpB with Kirby, the guy was just bad, and every time I come close to beating him he would say it was his friend and end it no contest.

7 times in a row he ended the game no contest whenever I got sick of his dumb stuff and chose Metaknight, the final time he put up with it and then faced me only for me to destroy his existance 1st stock, after getting grabbed him disconnected and never returned, I left him a nice litte message before removing him from my list, quitting brawl for good and playing Brawl+.

(On the chat on Faux Finder he kept crying that I was a cheap meanie and how I suck, hope you are reading this you noob, get skill).

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman

It's not like I couldn't deal with these annoyances....... it's just that I'm at the point where I'm not willing to. I have no desire to "prove" anything to the spammers or piss anyone off. Ego bull****.

It's not too much to ask for a room where some people are actually playing the ****ing game.

But probably my favorite match at the moment: FFA, Players who are actually playing seriously, and sticky bombs on high frequency. **** yea!
I taunt once at the start of every WA match, just as a sort of ritual/ceremony before the madness commences.

I wonder if that Smart Bomb match on Mushroomy Kingdom was your doing... personally I'm partial to exploding box brawl

rSmooth

Smash Rookie
. What can I do today to mess with these people's heads? I know! I'll hit my taunt key over and over. haha "ok." "What's the matter, scared?" (to fight) "la la la la la la" (you wanna fight but we won't let you *hits taunt key more*) ... meh.
You actually go in thinking that? ...... jeez. If I look at spammers like that, then I'm suddenly a little more understanding of why they do what they do. I go in play the game and try to outsmart people without being an annoying little prick. I don't know...... I've done a few taunt parties in my time, but knowing I go in the game with the sole purpose of getting under people's skin, without even being able to see their reactions, I'd probably respect myself a little less.

I mean......... I know there are a LOT of people who don't have lives like you wouldn't believe........ I'm talking zero prospects of ANYTHING on the table, but how do you waste your time literally for probably hours on end just pushing a taunt button? It's not even entertaining. If you're gonna be a troll at least do something that has some sort of payoff and will make you smile.

Holy grail: A room of players who are half way decent and play the game seriously. THOSE are way more fun and satisfying than a taunt party or gangbang could ever be. Bonus points if the room plays themed items from time to time. (ex. smart bombs, JUST smash balls, or metal box)

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Holy grail: A room of players who are half way decent and play the game seriously.
Might as well just ask for ten million dollars a year for the rest of your life and be done with it. My suggestion is to find some online friends via this forum and play With Friends exclusively. The number of 'holy grail' matches you're going to get will be so small, you'll be wasting just as much time as the taunt spammers you strive to be different from.

rSmooth

Smash Rookie
Might as well just ask for ten million dollars a year for the rest of your life and be done with it. My suggestion is to find some online friends via this forum and play With Friends exclusively. The number of 'holy grail' matches you're going to get will be so small, you'll be wasting just as much time as the taunt spammers you strive to be different from.
Oh, I'm aware it's rare. Been playing for a long time. I play people on here all the time I know it's a lot a better.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I mean......... I know there are a LOT of people who don't have lives like you wouldn't believe........ I'm talking zero prospects of ANYTHING on the table, but how do you waste your time literally for probably hours on end just pushing a taunt button? It's not even entertaining. If you're gonna be a troll at least do something that has some sort of payoff and will make you smile.
QFT.

And no, I don't go in doing that myself, but I DO go in knowing that's what awaits me, cause it's happened too many times for it to just go away. The pay off? Heh who knows. Maybe they come in here and read about the complaints and get a kick out of it. Maybe...

I know one thing. I went ape once. I was SO sick of the taunting I spammed kirby's d-taunt for 2 minutes, logged out and left it off for a bit. Yeah the longest I went w/o playing the game, lol well except that time I had surgery. But yeah... I just was like, this isn't fun anymore! But then I think to myself, how fun can it be if you're not that good and you log in and you keep getting beaten. I think Nintendo has some part to play in all this, I really do. I just hope they're ready to pay settlements to all those deranged kids that can't get the image of d-taunting kirby out of their fragile little minds. :psycho:

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
I taunt spammed back then because I thought it was funny. Then I sort of got bored of it and started hacking on WA. Strangely that made it less fun so I continued taunt spamming. Back then I liked finding the occasional semi-pro player and having AT/trick contests. Especially since no noob dared bother us because they were to scared. If they dare challenge us, they get owned. At least most of the time. Then those times started happening less and my fellow taunters started betraying me. Such as, killing me purposely and making it look like and accident, beating me up for no reason, getting others to gang up on me for no reason (even though I'm a taunt spammer). I could type a story but I've already done so. Since my sister is always on with me nowadays I'm not scared of anyone. We rarely lose and I can tell her what to do in my living room. Also there's lulz in occasionally syncing ourselves with two Wavebird receivers. We're still taunt spammers but we're not afraid to take on any bad/fake taunt spammers. Though nowadays we beat up 90% of taunters. Harsh, but really a lot of them aren't even good allies.

rSmooth

Smash Rookie
I taunt spammed back then because I thought it was funny. Then I sort of got bored of it and started hacking on WA. Strangely that made it less fun so I continued taunt spamming. Back then I liked finding the occasional semi-pro player and having AT/trick contests. Especially since no noob dared bother us because they were to scared. If they dare challenge us, they get owned. At least most of the time. Then those times started happening less and my fellow taunters started betraying me. Such as, killing me purposely and making it look like and accident, beating me up for no reason, getting others to gang up on me for no reason (even though I'm a taunt spammer). I could type a story but I've already done so. Since my sister is always on with me nowadays I'm not scared of anyone. We rarely lose and I can tell her what to do in my living room. Also there's lulz in occasionally syncing ourselves with two Wavebird receivers. We're still taunt spammers but we're not afraid to take on any bad/fake taunt spammers. Though nowadays we beat up 90% of taunters. Harsh, but really a lot of them aren't even good allies.
woah cool story bro!

Top Bottom