• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Annoying Players Online

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
Lately, I've been seeing better players but still see people who aren't that good. I don't care if they're good or not but some use some really annoying tactics to win or bother you.
For example, yesterday, I went online with my sister. We found a taunt spammer who she decided to befriend. I didn't feel like taunt spamming so I decided to fight him. I beat him up and he runs away to taunt with my sister at the end. I continue fighting him but he keeps abusing items. He won the next few battles because of FS's and running away to steal my sister's kills. I convince my sister to stop taunting with him and once P4 leaves we beat him up. For some reason, she decided to continues taunting with him later. He didn't attack her and wanted her help. I didn't care much since she was on my side. Next battle, my sister had no one else to fight but P4 so I ended up fighting P3 for a while. I could have fought P4 instead but everytime I did the other guy stole my kills or killed me. I was stuck fighting him.

Now this is the annoying part. He tried do do everything to bother me as much as possible. He abused items like crazy (around 25% of his attacks). I beat him anyways o he was getting desperate to win. He started spamming and camping a lot. It got bad enough to the point where he only used projectiles and items. The most annoying part was that everytime something happens to me he would taunt like crazy. He would even do it while he was in danger. I decided this guy was no fun fighting and decided to fight P4 instead. Then P3 decided instead of doing something else he would stalk me. He kept following me and I couldn't get rid of him. He wouldn't let me fight anyone else. My sister wouldn't fight him so I decided to annoy him too. At first I though spamming was funny until he started copying me. Eventually I just left.

SpongeBathBill

Smash Ace
Taunt spamming is like the third-most annoying thing ever made, but everything else is just playing to win. -.-;

It's all just the perils of playing With Anyone ;)

Semifer

Smash Journeyman
People who always spot dodge to Dsmash with every Character, even with Snake -_-.

Kamikaze*

Smash Ace
Wifi pikachu and lucario mains. I swear, lag is like steroids for those two.

jamesmcilear

Smash Rookie
Taunt spamming is so fun. Yesterday I ended up in a Brawl with 2 players, both of which were Pikachu and they did nothing but taunt spam. I ended up joining them just for the heck of it. Getting the Sudden Death is full of win for me! :D

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
You know guys, I don't hate taunt spammers much. Unless they're not allied with me.
Today me and my sister went online and this one taunt spammer killed both of us. Me, my sister, and another taunter were mad and decided to attack him. I just wanted my point back but the next battle, the other taunter left and my sister continued beating that guy up. He was attacking me too so I figured that I'd beat him up too. Next battle, this extremely annoying Sonic player came in. Both the other taunt spammer and the Sonic were being cowards and we spent the time unsuccessfully chasing them. My sister was annoyed with the taunter so I helped her chase him. Then Sonic gets a Smash Ball and kills my sister. Somehow I SD'd in the process of chasing him. Next battle is pretty much the same thing except Sonic manages to kill us with his FS this time. He didn't attack the other taunt spammer so I try keeping them separated for a while (so they don't form an alliance). Oddly, the Sonic wouldn't taunt spam with me in the first battle and attacked me so it was strange for him to team up with the taunter. Btw, the taunter taunts us everytime he runs away. This doesn't bother me much since I'm used to it but it bothered my sister. They still act like cowards only attacking with items for a while. I get the idea to make her SD giving me free points. That way they go aggro. My plan worked but at this point they were teamed up. Me and my sister got bored so we decided to continue SD'ing for each other to get them to stop bothering us. Instead they start stalking us and trying to kill us. One battle, my sister was SD'ing for me but then she got tired of doing that and though she could win by fighting. We lost (the taunt spammer got 1st, I got second and I forget the rest). They both left after that while they were in the SSS. Weird they teamed up without coming in contact.
Ain't this a bit similar to my thread?
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=226828
through my list in there, well practically all of em =/ (real life attitudes aren't cause this is online) Especially Runners, Taunt type, spammers, constant counter, interfering, AFC/AFK and Item type.
This is wi-fi. I'm not sure if there's much of a difference except the fact you probably never see the player. In real life it may be more or less annoying depending on the situation.

Demonio

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I see what you mean. I realllyy hate it when people taunt like crazy after killing me once or I accidentally SD, thinking that that made up for their thousands of deaths beforehand in frustration to knock me out. And then by the end of the match, they'd leave being satisfied with their accomplishment and because they don't want to get seriously beaten up the match afterwards.

In my opinion, the most annoying form of annoyance for me on wifi anyone is when you're in some team of taunters, but one of them keeps betraying you. Like when you'd reach sudden death with all of them, that certain person would smash you all out when you're left defenseless from taunting with them. They would also intentionally target you using a warp star/FS/whatever and after they'd arrive back, they would taunt and crouch and act as if that was all accidental. Usually the taunter(s) in your group would just forgive the betrayer and taunt with him/her again after their so called "unintentional mistakes". And then they would betray you all again. And the cycle just repeats, and if you refuse to be forgiving, then that person would intentionally attack you and not any of the other taunters who were forgiving. This could even cause the whole group to turn against you. IMO, those betraying taunters should die of a horrible, slow, painful death. Luckily, most of those unfaithful taunters are very unskilled.

Speaking of which, I also hate taunters who are too forgiving for an intentional act... I prefer the more aggressive ones who'd attack back if another taunter was punished.

OutlawStar

Smash Apprentice
If I know I`m better than a "You`re too slow"ing Sonic,
I know that he obviously does not have the skill to fight,
I know he will eventually get owned so badly he won`t taunt anymore,
but by then nobody is there to fight.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Ah, the dangers of With Anyone XD

This is just why I like to stay away from it. If you're looking for a competitive match then you should probably just find 1v1's to do. Though I've found team battles are sometimes more realistic.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
The only players that annoy me are dodge spammers. Any kind. I can punish predictable rolls but it can be hard to do so in online lag. Spotdodge dsmash is so powerful... And I have trouble hitting them and actually causing damage. So...... Yeah.

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
If i were to say the most annoying person online it would have to be a player who has to copy peoples moves or combos because they cant make up moves on their own. And to me its kinda sad and pathetic

Project D

Smash Journeyman
If i were to say the most annoying person online it would have to be a player who has to copy peoples moves or combos because they cant make up moves on their own. And to me its kinda sad and pathetic
There can be a problem with that...there is a limit to what we can invent to create a combo =/
e.g. Toon Link bair multiple times, yeah, that player may then copy it, but they won't be able to master that move straight away, but they may develop it into their own in a few days/weeks so it fits their play style. so they may copy it slighty, but will then have to enhance it.

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
I main with link so I understand what your coming from but there are people who literally the next after there best attempt to defeat you instead take your moves and input it into their "inventory" no matter how many flaws there can be in the combo expecially the link users

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
It's human tendency to want to get better. If they see you do something that looks smart and effective they will try and apply it to their own game. If they try and steal your entire play style then they will fail in the long run because it doesn't come "natural" to them as it did to you.

Ademo

Smash Apprentice
All these dair-spamming Tinks and downb-spamming Kirbys makes me feel sad.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
But that's why "With Anyone" is mostly fit for the casual player. Once they step into more competitive play their tactics will not ever work.

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
All these dair-spamming Tinks and downb-spamming Kirbys makes me feel sad.
Im usually on basic brawl for a casual game and to also go on with the taunt parties and have inside one on ones with some pretty competetive people in the taunt parties as well as the hardcore gamers but i have to say the links and other people who through using smash attacks and items try to get a win really know how to degrade themselves.:laugh:

isayanannoyingpersononlineisapersonwhoplaysacharacteryouthinkisbadandtotallyownsyouwithit.
Thats why they hate me... i can never play more than 3 rounds with somone w/out being ditched.

Or someone whos just plain retarted. peachesandcreampeachesandcreamtaunttauntdashdashsuicide.
Not cool.

Ikenomon

Smash Apprentice
Probably the most annoying players to me are spammers who spam the cheap moves and also spam taunts when they get a K.O. or anyone who dies for that matter. If I do encounter a player like this, I tend to drop out during the match. These guys could be the immature kids online -_-.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
I hate it when people don't fight. They just stand there. I can understand for 1 match to use the restroom, answer the door, etc ...especially when there is good competition; but if they keep selecting their character for each match and then do nothing it defeats the purpose of brawling. It's even worse when your brawling 1 or 2 other people and then one of them gets a cheap KO on a non-active player. Then you have two annoying players.

Paingel

Smash Apprentice
I hate it when people don't fight. They just stand there. I can understand for 1 match to use the restroom, answer the door, etc ...especially when there is good competition; but if they keep selecting their character for each match and then do nothing it defeats the purpose of brawling. It's even worse when your brawling 1 or 2 other people and then one of them gets a cheap KO on a non-active player. Then you have two annoying players.
Yeah I had a match like that yesterday. The guy just kept selecting Ike and simply stood still. He even taunted a few times to let us know that he was there, but he did not actually fight at all. There was a decent Falco player in the match... Or at least, I reckon that he was about my level of skill. I noticed that he couldn't recover from the sides very well, which was a fact I started to take severe advantage of. He also failed to use his landmaster FS.

There was a Kirby there too, but he was a coward. He liked to stand on the edge of the stage and watch Falco and me fight it out.

I have to admit. I got more than a few KOs off of the Ike guy. I won a few matches simply because I got to him first more often than the other guys did.

Was it cheap? Well... It's no more cheap than picking on a weak player in order to win.

Was I playing to win? Of course. And I won. So there. :p

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
You know what online noobs taste like, they taste like frosted flakes, Theirrr great.

Paingel

Smash Apprentice
Playing to win is a way of life. It doesn't matter who you're playing against. And it doesn't matter what game you're playing either.

Paingel

Smash Apprentice
What does taking it seriously have to do with playing to win? I play to have fun, and performing well in a match is fun. When someone else there is also playing to win, then we can take the game to a higher level.

If there's a free kill there's a free kill. Not taking that "free kill" because it's "dishonorable" strikes me as being a scrub. Whining about someone else playing to win is pretty scrub-like too.

If people want to have their taunt parties then that's fine. I actually don't mind getting them to gang up on me so I can see how I do vs. a group. But I've already seen the taunts. I don't really care about them one way or another.

Nevertheless, you act as though there has to be money on the table in order for one to try to win. But for me this has never been the case. I play to win because it takes the game to a higher level, and that higher level of play is a lot more fun for me than item spamming or taunting.

Ademo

Smash Apprentice
So only scrubs avoids "dishonorable" kills?
IMO it's the other way around.

And yes, If you try to win you're more serious than if you were taunting the whole match.
I just don't think that With Anyone is a good place too tkae the game "to a higher level".

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
I don't play online to win. I play to make others lose. It's so fun targeting people who stink.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Playing With Anyone is as lawless as it gets. People can do whatever they want, whenever they want to, and nothing but the other players can stop them. I don't really like or agree with that; I prefer to fight people face to face on flat terrain with no items, and actually have a battle of skill, as opposed to having some Pitt hiding on the far end of a huge stage shooting arrows and scavenging Dragoon parts.

That's just my opinion, but I play almost exclusively as Ike so you can understand why I have little respect and tolerance for people who cower away and shoot projectiles incessantly.

DarkAura

Smash Lord
the last time i played online ffa i had like 4 1on1s in a row against the most annoying kirby taunt abuser ever this guy would spam the hi taunt thing and whenever i would go near him he'd spam up-b and even after that he turned out to be the best kirby i ever fought... hes the reason i got online friends

Top Bottom