• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG - Smashboards purchase discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
brawl online will never be fixed. get that thru your head.

mlg picking up SWF means that in the 09 season smash will be added. if not, they why bother picking up swf?

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
we can dream can't we? lol
Of course, but most of us would rather not have to listen to those dreams. It bores us :) AlphaZealot hit the nail on the head.

As for those going "LOL THIS ISNT ENGLISH SKOOOLZ"... you go to school for a reason. If you're not going to use what you learn in school, then don't go there. Go pick up a job at McDonalds and work minimum wage. If I have to take a few minutes to decipher your post due to horrible grammar and spelling, then I'm not going to read it. Want your opinion heard? Type like your opinion matters.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Of course, but most of us would rather not have to listen to those dreams. It bores us :) AlphaZealot hit the nail on the head.

As for those going "LOL THIS ISNT ENGLISH SKOOOLZ"... you go to school for a reason. If you're not going to use what you learn in school, then don't go there. Go pick up a job at McDonalds and work minimum wage. If I have to take a few minutes to decipher your post due to horrible grammar and spelling, then I'm not going to read it. Want your opinion heard? Type like your opinion matters.
Don't talk to them like they're people.

ToastMAN

Smash Journeyman
THIS MEANS EVERYONE THAT REGISTERED ON SMASHBOARDS IS PRO!!!!

OMG!!

I DID IT MOM!

WOOT!

YEAH!

I CANT BELIEVE IT FINNALLY HAPPENED!

YOU CAN ALL EAT SHlT!
ALL OF YOU EAT SHlT!

It's been an honor to serve in this community and finally achieve that pro status I've been striving for. Ever since I was a little boy in the small town of Smashville, I wanted to become a pro smasher. All my friends would ask me, "Charlie how did you get so good?". Well you I'm going to share that secret with all of you. I PLAY FOR KEEPS! I know it's that simple, play for keeps, its what I do, and I'm pro. I still remember the day I invented wavedashing. Ah, the memories. Now that I am pro, I vow to train everyday, that way once I get casted to participate in survivor, I won't be a scrawny little pus*y like Ken. Too all of you non-pros (aka: Scrubs), don't bother, you will never become pro!!!

-Wigz

Iwan

Smash Ace
ok so if your girlfriend was locked up for 8 years and you wanted her out, wouldnt you say LET MY GIRL GO, I NEED HER IN LIFE, I LOVE HER. if you did, would you let the people who say STOP TRYING ITS POINTLESS, GIVE UP. YOUR NOT GETTING ANYWHERE, stop you from doin what your doing? if you would let someone discourage you like that then you have no self pride. you gotta do what you gotta do.
hahaha...cool (entertaining) analogy Jona. lol :p

But like I've said and like AZ's said...it's time to move on as far as which game ends up getting the spotlight. It's just the norm with games, and financially/commercially speaking it just isn't worth it for MLG to pick up melee. Yea it'd be awesome, but it just isn't going to happen. It makes absolutely no sense from MLG's perspective. Zero sense.

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
This is the police. Come out with your homework, so we may edit your mistakes, and assist you with not looking like a mo-ron. yayuhz.
I lol'd.
I agree with what he had to say, 1 terrible grammar mistake aside.

THIS MEANS EVERYONE THAT REGISTERED ON SMASHBOARDS IS PRO!!!!

OMG!!

I DID IT MOM!

WOOT!

YEAH!

I CANT BELIEVE IT FINNALLY HAPPENED!

YOU CAN ALL EAT SHlT!
ALL OF YOU EAT SHlT!

It's been an honor to serve in this community and finally achieve that pro status I've been striving for. Ever since I was a little boy in the small town of Smashville, I wanted to become a pro smasher. All my friends would ask me, "Charlie how did you get so good?". Well you I'm going to share that secret with all of you. I PLAY FOR KEEPS! I know it's that simple, play for keeps, its what I do, and I'm pro. I still remember the day I invented wavedashing. Ah, the memories. Now that I am pro, I vow to train everyday, that way once I get casted to participate in survivor, I won't be a scrawny little pus*y like Ken. Too all of you non-pros (aka: Scrubs), don't bother, you will never become pro!!!

-Wigz
I lol'd again. You're the man.

My 2 cents;

Though I play Melee, we must realize that it's Brawl's turn now.
The best we can hope for is for Brawl's success/failure to open up the chance for Melee to get some exposure again.
As mentioned, both games would be nice, but most likely not going to happen anytime soon.

IMO, the more attention the community as a whole gets, the better.
Even if only a few of them join the Melee community, a positive is a positive.

otg

Smash Master
I don't see the harm in allowing Melee to be involved. Melee might be old, but incase the biased SBR didn't notice, some people feel Melee is more tournament worthy than Brawl. The majority might want Brawl, but inherently that doesn't make it right, and just because smash has found new popularity with Brawl, doesn't mean we should just give up on the game that is just downright better than the other.

There is still some form of divide between the communities, it's starting to heal but goddammit, for you guys to just completely shut out one half of the community is a straight *****slap. Yeah I get it, some how "new=better", and also "new=more $$ opportunities" and "new=popularity" but you guys are thinking with the dollar sign and not what's inherently true:

Melee is more suited for competitive play than Brawl.

Edit:

So what's the harm in having both run? See how it goes, and if the Melee side flops completely than don't do it again. I'm not saying do ONLY Melee, that's just blatantly ignoring the situation, but it gets me mad when I see these frontrunning mods closing every Melee related thread, and instantly saying "Allow Melee competitions? You guys are DUMMMB". Are you serious?

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I need you guys to tell me EXACTLY what makes Melee more competitive than Brawl. This is a serious, yet noobish question. I need to know what you guys think about that. Thanks.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
No.

Stop with the Melee versus Brawl.

MLG does not run Halo 1, pretty much any Halo player will tell you that it was the most competitive of the games. On top of that, MLG dealt with the same problem Smash has now, H1 die hards being a nuisance when H2 became the next step for MLG to take. This isn't saying Melee can't have tournaments or that Melee players still can't play Melee, its just in relation to MLG Brawl is the next step, not Melee.

otg

Smash Master
I believe Melee is more balanced, more fun and exciting to watch, and a more thought provoking experience overall. Brawl will (and is already starting to) evolve into campy Metaknight dittos. No thanks, I'd rather have a chance with a majority of the cast than be forced to use one character to compete.

But no more exaggerating on my part. I don't see the harm in hosting both games. Maybe have Melee singles and Brawl Doubles since evidently Brawl doubles are the ****. You'll attract a wider audience, and I guarantee you will begin to the see the split between this community heal. It exists legitimately, and until you guys start to actually do things to fix it instead of just close threads and ignore the Melee side, it will continue to exist. You can't just silence people and expect it to go away.

ToastMAN

Smash Journeyman
No.

MLG does not run Halo 1, pretty much any Halo player will tell you that it was the most competitive of the games. On top of that, MLG dealt with the same problem Smash has now, H1 die hards being a nuisance when H2 became the next step for MLG to take. This isn't saying Melee can't have tournaments or that Melee players still can't play Melee, its just in relation to MLG Brawl is the next step, not Melee.
Yeah, but Smashboards was one of the few sites that meleers could come to talk about how great melee is and how much brawl sucks. Now that MLG bought them out, they feel abandoned. It's like if your doubles partner, suddenly left to team up with someone else. Your gonna be like "oh, WTF this is ****." so then you talk **** about them hoping to feel better about the whole situation. ( I know it may not make any sense at all.)

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman
I believe Melee is more balanced, more fun and exciting to watch, and a more thought provoking experience overall. Brawl will (and is already starting to) evolve into campy Metaknight dittos. No thanks, I'd rather have a chance with a majority of the cast than be forced to use one character to compete.

But no more exaggerating on my part. I don't see the harm in hosting both games. Maybe have Melee singles and Brawl Doubles since evidently Brawl doubles are the ****. You'll attract a wider audience, and I guarantee you will begin to the see the split between this community heal. It exists legitimately, and until you guys start to actually do things to fix it instead of just close threads and ignore the Melee side, it will continue to exist. You can't just silence people and expect it to go away.
I see. Sorry, Alpha. I wasn't going there. I hate Melee vs Brawl as much as you and Mic. I just can't see what makes a game competitive if it was developed for the sole purpose of fun.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Yeah, but Smashboards was one of the few sites that meleers could come to talk about how great melee is and how much brawl sucks. Now that MLG bought them out, they feel abandoned. It's like if your doubles partner, suddenly left to team up with someone else. Your gonna be like "oh, WTF this is ****." so then you talk **** about them hoping to feel better about the whole situation. ( I know it may not make any sense at all.)
http://smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4

Just so you know, the rooms are still there.

Iwan

Smash Ace
No.

This.

How many times does someone have to mention this.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
I really hope we can get MLG to let us play Candyland at mlg. I mean, it's far more balanced than Melee or Brawl. The cast is nearly identical, and the strategy involved is insane. MLG needs to rep.

aznforce817

Smash Lord
Dmbrandon your a cool guy but ur posts aren't really that funny, save ur spam for another thread that doesn't actually matter. Or speak seriously on the topic looking for thoughts on both sides.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Dmbrandon your a cool guy but ur posts aren't really that funny, save ur spam for another thread that doesn't actually matter. Or speak seriously on the topic looking for thoughts on both sides.
This thread isn't looking for **** input, that's the ****ing point. They're telling us stuff went down, and are giving us the opportunity to talk about it, that's it. They don't give a **** if Jesus Christ came here, and changed the boards color scheme.

You guys are the idiot spammers, talking about how Melee will make some triumphant return and the world with shed a glorious tear at the sight of it.

WRONG!

Oh and two things:

1. Do you see a capital in my name?

2. My posts are too ****ing funny.

Why so serious, kid?

aznforce817

Smash Lord
This thread isn't looking for **** input, that's the ****ing point. They're telling us stuff went down, and are giving us the opportunity to talk about it, that's it. They don't give a **** if Jesus Christ came here, and changed the boards color scheme.

You guys are the idiot spammers, talking about how Melee will make some triumphant return and the world with shed a glorious tear at the sight of it.

WRONG!

Oh and two things:

1. Do you see a capital in my name?

2. My posts are too ****ing funny.

Why so serious, kid?
Lol whatever Dmbrandon. Watch what you post man, it just may offend others. I'm not serious i just don't act like a ****bag when i post.

Aesir

Smash Master
Why not Monopoly?

That game is far better then any other game ever made..

**** yeah.

in all seriousness I could give two ****s if MLG picks up brawl lol, that game needs rep if it wants to live. Ya know with the whole melee making a come back LOL.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Why not Monopoly?

That game is far better then any other game ever made..

**** yeah.

in all seriousness I could give two ****s if MLG picks up brawl lol, that game needs rep if it wants to live. Ya know with the whole melee making a come back LOL.
Monopoly's cast isn't fair. Thimble is so much better than every other character.

BlackKnight23

Smash Apprentice
Melee should be MLG Brawl does not deserve it. It's not competive and requires A WHOLE LOT of less skill then melee pretty sure everyone relizes that melee is dead because of Bawls which indeed needs to be erased from history. MLG is cool but melee...sorry brawl kiddes.

Beagle007

Smash Apprentice
Will this be a summer thing? And can i go to events in my region? Because I can't leave my area. School is my top priority.

otg

Smash Master
Melee is dead just because you guys say so? There are less tournaments for it, but it's due to the mentality that it's the past and needs to end that is truly killing it. Sorry that I disagree? Honestly, you guys are just in it for the money. I'm done with this thread.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Good, then go, because we've already been told to cut the 'Melee > Brawl' crap. Jesus, some people just can't let it go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom