• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG Orlando 2010 - April 16-18th ($7,000) - RESULTS THREAD IS UP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Just curious:

What tests has MLG done to determine Wiimotes should not be used? What proof is there?

Honestly, that's the least MLG can do after putting passes up for sale before announcing "No Wiimotes."

/2cents

Overswarm

is laughing at you
you could be like me and shoot for top 50 :s

@overswarm (directed at you since mlg manages to not respond a lot to wii-mote posts)

what wireless equipment would mlg even be using? they don't permit wireless controllers for other systems... and i would think they would be using desktops over laptops... is there something i'm missing?
Having had the privlege of watching synide do his thing and sit back in the back room, I can tell you that the amount of equipment they used was substantial.

This was before ESPN.

If their technical team, that is, their paid professionals who can be completely impartial and make the best and most logical decision, says a Class 1 bluetooth device could cause interference, I'd listen to 'em.

I don't think Deimos is really ignoring you though, per se; I have the advantage of only writing for MLG part-time and my livelihood doesn't depend on this. Deimos here is actually doing a pretty good job considering he's a middle man simply passing answers and questions.

Don't kill the messangers, folks.

Just curious.

What tests has MLG done to determine Wiimotes should not be used? What proof is there?

Honestly, that's the least MLG can do after putting passes up for sale before announcing "No Wiimotes."
I've personally done a lot of research into the matter and I still probably don't know as much as their tech guys do... not by a long shot. While it's possible they could be misinformed, I'd not gamble against 'em.

It is regrettable that MLG didn't announce the "no wiimotes" thing beforehand, I don't like it either. That could have been anything from sheer oversight to a late decision to MLG employees fighting tooth and nail to find a way to make wiimotes work. At worst, MLG is neglectful, and at best, they were fighting to give you guys a good and fair experience.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
due to the fact that i've never been to one of their events and my lack of knowledge, i'm sure their is wireless equipment that i'm not thinking of that they use, and i was curious as to what some of the devices are

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I heard Sky might be featured on commentary actually.

*just a rumor from WC*

edit:

They needa hit up JG wentworth, Slikvik and GDX for commentary...
halberd knows whats up. I think slikvik is better than JG, who is better than me though

Everyone knows Samurai Panda should be doing the commentary.
panda is so good at it too. definitely top 3 serious smasher-commentators

MLG_Deimos

<font color="dimgray"><b><i>MLG Administrator</i><
Sooo, just a little over a week left till the event...who's excited??

-!-

Smash Lord
I've got a feeling....

This is gonna be soooo daaaamn goooood! I'mma try to enjoy myself the best I can... I'm tired of working nonstop for the past 4 months.... to bad I prob. wont be able to go to Universals and Isles of adventures... or maybe I could....

-!-

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Just curious:

/2cents
What a great question!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Commentary?

COMMENTARY? OH BOY! Let's do this.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
complexity1234 said:
yoo if ur gonna do mlg commentary at least change it up.
the whobo commentary wasnt that funny or good, and way too much swearing -_-
Oh, my amiable friend, you must not realize the front I gloriously revealed on the Whobo Live Stream. For in fact, I am a noble serf of the highest caliber ready to serve the king. I am poised to endure epic brutalities and hindrances that will undoubtedly attempt to beleaguer my person. Yes, my friend, you sincerely have warned me of many a danger many a time. And for that, I bless thee.

GOOD GAME GENTLEMEN

ANTi_

Smash Hero
General rules

10. During scheduled Warm-Up periods, all Players must get up at the end of a Game and allow any Players, who have been waiting, to take their seat.

Wat?
So if you get a pro pass you can just cut in front of the line? lol

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i cant go to MLG columbus anyway, unless they have singles saturday-sunday for the future events instead of friday/saturday, but i'm definitely going for top 16

im too scrub to hope for anything higher than that :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom