• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MKGD: A new Bat watches over the town

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I've eaten Indian food once before... It was the best college dining service food I've eaten so far, if that says anything.

Kassy, battle?

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
so playing in grandfinals this weekend....

i learned glide attack is ****ing broken

it can beat up-b OOS str8 if its spaced properly, im gona start experimenting with the famous SLOWWW glide, then tilt it up at the last second and attack. wayyyy more pushback and can't be shield grabbed.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Glide Attack spaced right that hits on shield at a downward angle can't be shield grabbed either, it's virtually unpunishable, you can also SL again after doing this or Dtilt or Dsmash

Exdeath

Smash Master
so playing in grandfinals this weekend....

i learned glide attack is ****ing broken

it can beat up-b OOS str8 if its spaced properly, im gona start experimenting with the famous SLOWWW glide, then tilt it up at the last second and attack. wayyyy more pushback and can't be shield grabbed.
It beats Up-B OoS because Up-B doesn't reach until the invincibility frames have worn off, at which point there is a hit box waiting. Just change the timing of Up-B or drop shield and do stuff.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I'd like to play a little (even WiFi, even though I suck (even more) there)... but school is absorbing me.... x_X

Staco

Smash Champion
The white MK (which I am using) is a swag.
He has got golden shoes and a gold emblem on his cape. :D

Master Raven

Smash Master
I got 7th at a stacked-as-**** local tourney today. Vinnie was there and he won and I was the only one who took a match off him and came close to beating him GET ON MY LEVEL

I lost to Vinnie and MVD. vs MVD was just one of those wtf-I-just-got-***** moments for me but I'll make sure not to have that happen again. I have several vids from the tourney that'll hopefully be up this week, including my set w/ Vinnie (first match where I won was accidentally not saved [my fault really], but the other two were)

I did get 3rd in doubles though w/ DJ Jack and we beat Redhalberd/Lies and Nick Riddle/Vinnie. The latter was recorded. We're gonna be exploring the Falco/MK team

Master Raven

Smash Master
lol this tourney was nuts first off Vinnie was there and as far as FL people go there was Seibrik, ESAM, Redhalberd, Nick Riddle, MVD, DJ Jack, Xaltis, Chaz, Kyon, Masky, me, Serg (he's not well-known but he's a very good DK/Bowser player) etc

This tourney also showed that I really need to work on character MUs. I have the smarts and knowledge of a good player, but I lack the experience in MU-specific things. That'll get better as I attend more tournies and play more people in general offline (I've done so for a couple years now really, but it was always very sporadic aside from Seibrik on several occasions)

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Today I finally got to play anti in friendlies
he ***** me super lmao

i love to play good ppl

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
I keep losing motivation to play this game..

Especially when people make snarky remarks to me. And the few people who I want to think something of me, just think I'm a nobody...and that really hurts me..
Yesterday i did better in a melee tournament than the brawl event being run there. I DON'T PLAY MELEE NOR HAVE I EVER ENTERED A MELEE TOURNAMENT!

I want to be a top mk, but there are so many...and I'm nothing compared to them, and that upsets me, that ill just be their ****ing shadow. Maybe I'm just not working hard enough or maybe I'm being whiney.

/random woman rant

:phone:

BlueZebra

Smash Journeyman
It's a larger competition to be a top MK than it is any other character. I mean, about 20% of the brawl community uses the character, you need to place in the top 3 at every tournament(or just a high placing at a national/large tournament) just to get recognized. Only thing to do is either get better or switch mains.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
I keep losing motivation to play this game..

Especially when people make snarky remarks to me. And the few people who I want to think something of me, just think I'm a nobody...and that really hurts me..
Yesterday i did better in a melee tournament than the brawl event being run there. I DON'T PLAY MELEE NOR HAVE I EVER ENTERED A MELEE TOURNAMENT!

I want to be a top mk, but there are so many...and I'm nothing compared to them, and that upsets me, that ill just be their ****ing shadow. Maybe I'm just not working hard enough or maybe I'm being whiney.

/random woman rant

Nah Kassy I know how you feel, you just hit rough patches in your Brawl career that make you question you skill, motivation, and overall fun you have playing the game.

Honestly, take a break or play a different game with your friends. I've been playing Brawl non-stop for as long as I can think back, and I felt like I wasn't even making progress, so I just stopped playing, and I've been playing MW2 (Call of Duty) with all my Brawl friends (Gnes, Razer, Sync, Trela, and others (namesearch lol)) and I seriously think it helped me get better at Brawl.

It's like I understand the game more, but yesterday I went to a tournament and had the most fun I've had in a tourney playing Brawl and I played the best I've ever played.

I think mostly it's about having fun, and if you're not having fun then you're just not going to perform as well and have a rubbish time during the tourney. Those are just my 2 cents.

AfroQT

Smash Master
The best thing you can do to improve is play abunch of different people, alot.

AKA TRAVEL ALOT = GET BETTER

And if you're playing to make people think you're good, well..some people won't ever think you're good no matter how good you actually get lol. You shouldn't play for other people.

Sync.

Smash Champion
Yes play for yourself Kassy. Sometimes you'll catch yourself taking this game WAY too seriously. Taking this game TOO seriously makes you lose sets sometimes. Having fun will make you see more of what's going on and thus giving you an advantage over your opponent who is only focusing on one aspect of the game. You can have fun and do your best [: having fun =/=sandbagging.

Reizilla

That's because Melee is a terribly easy/bad game. I do the same thing.

P4, rematch at HOBO 32. Not gonna hand you the set this time.

NNID
Budget_Player
Afk for one month.
Oh my god your avatar (and that episode) are ****ing awesome. "YOU WILL LOVE ME". ****ing epic. :laugh:

Was at a smashfest this weekend... Earned back my entry fee (and half my travel fees) between a low stakes singles pot and a few MMs. I'm getting better and better. I think slowly to the point where I'm actually a threat at most tournaments. Three weeks until a major nationa–THREE ****ING WEEKS?!? I need money, and I need it fast!

Also, does anyone else have this habit of coming back from a tournament and basically ****ing yourself into oblivion? Nothing feels better than the first **** all weekend after a successful tournament.

NNID
Budget_Player
Come on... Did you see the episode? If not, here's what we're talking about.

First look at the first half of this video, and this one. This is the character in question in her normal position.
This character turns in to this...
...And then finally this.

How the hell can you not consider that awesome? Overplayed trope? Maybe. But it is absolutely hilarious to watch the soft, meek character just completely lose her ****. :laugh:

Possibly tournaments coming up in july with Ally and M2K. Let's hope this actually happens.

Reizilla

I didn't ride the lift. I jumped when I ****ed up my shuttle loop which would've invici-killed you off the top >_<

Reizilla

HOBO 32 rematch. Unless Leaf gets to you first. First round winner's let's do this.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Wait what? First round winners and what are the terms this time?

Also I'm taking Leaf out too, I will extinguish the pony race one at a time

Top Bottom