• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MKGD: A new Bat watches over the town

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Oh force shlike to go with you guys. I miss that guy.. and I owe him. Plus I want to see how my zss training has been paying off.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I know he wants to go. Problem is that most of us don't have cars that can make more than a 2 hour drive and the rest are just flaky :/

etecoon

Smash Hero
Lmao lose on purpose? The ****?
meta knight's should band together and start intentionally losing to every peach we come across in bracket regardless of their skill level, and then claim that peach beats MK +3

we were put here to troll the world. we can do this!

Reizilla

I could definitely see it working with Fox.

But aren't there enough MKs in the backroom to pretty much get what they want anyway? Like only +1 for Marth >_>

etecoon

Smash Hero
a lot of marth's would agree with that actually. seconding marth myself, personally I find DDD to be way harder :/

Reizilla

Only ones like Pierce who don't have any matchup with any character worse than -1.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I don't think anyone beats marth by more than that, he's a solid character in too many areas he just doesn't have things explicitly broken about him like MK/diddy/falco/IC's either.

etecoon

Smash Hero
european MK's mostly don't play the MU very well. saying this is contrary to my argument that it's merely -1, but a lot of that is due to the aggression in the EU metagame, you have to play that matchup patiently. marth isn't snake, you don't have options on him that he can't do anything about ever lmao

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
ALRIGHT GUYS EFF EVERYTHING

I just found out we have a grab release on Jiggs! Air Release-->Shuttle Loop!!!!!

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE WTF
I haven't ready anything past this. Lol.
Sorry for not catching up. Don't know if anyone answered this, but yeah the GR works. We can rest to Superarmor it, but thats the only escape.
Pretty gay.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
please don't do it to peach seibrik already did it with nicole and llod.

AfroQT

Smash Master
european MK's mostly don't play the MU very well. saying this is contrary to my argument that it's merely -1, but a lot of that is due to the aggression in the EU metagame, you have to play that matchup patiently. marth isn't snake, you don't have options on him that he can't do anything about ever lmao
Snake just takes the beating like a MAN

etecoon

Smash Hero
snake pretty much just tanks everything and doesn't give a **** that his tool set is mediocre, he's rocky before he acquired any kind of skill and just outlasted people

I suddenly want to play MGS3 again

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
havent been here for awhile, was lurking boards and saw 8 people viewing mk so popped in. So MK has a release on puff? Is there a vid of it? Works on all %s?

As for EEE on cartoon network (do people actually still watch that channel anymore? All the good cartoons are gone. Did all the weeaboo ******ry take over with horribly dubbed animes and poor american cartoons) it was okay but didnt the outlines of all the characters have this weird moving wiggly line texture to it? Maybe im remembering wrong.

DBZ is the only anime I ever enjoyed, and season 1 Pokemon.

etecoon

Smash Hero
DBZ definitely had one of the better dubs for stuff that used to be on cartoon network. that and death note are the only ones I can think of offhand where I preferred the english voice acting

Staco

Smash Champion
Ive often seen Orion and Kaos matches go to time vs. Leon/Mr-R and you tell me they play overly aggressive ...

I would actually prefer to play deffensive vs. Snake much more than playing deffensive vs. Marth.

etecoon

Smash Hero
he lives there now but I still don't really think of orion as a "european meta knight", he got that gay *** play style from new jersey lol. he himself has said marth is kind of a weakness for him though

I don't think playing pure defense against snake works unless you build up a good lead, which means you need to aggro him at select points at least. I think cautiously pressuring him is best but what do I know, I'm like 0-15 vs fatal and bizkit so I'm obviously doing it wrong ._.

edit @ raven: what are some good ones? as I said the only ones I know where I preferred the english VA were DBZ and death note, death note is probably my favorite anime though and I think actually liking the english dub is definitely part of why that is so

Master Raven

Smash Master
Ghost in the Shell TV
Cowboy Bebop (to most people this would be obvious. You'd be surprise how much respect the dub gets even among some Japanese purists)
Big O
FLCL
Full Metal Panic

There are a lot others I enjoy, but I think it just depends on your standard for what passes as good VAing. Those five I listed are just examples of what I'd consider to be above-average quality English dubs. I will say though, that if I understood fluent Japanese, I'd watch all my anime raw, just because I prefer watching anything in its original language... IF I can understand it. That's not to say I dislike subtitles, cuz half of my anime is subbed, but I think it's a lot easier to follow by audio rather than reading subs. I'd also probably still watch some anime in English anyway (though it'd depend on my mood). I tend to cast a skeptical eye at people who proclaim that the Japanese version is always better, which I find to be hubris considering it's implying that there is no bad Japanese VAing, and in fact I know of a guy who speaks fluent Japanese who's argued against sub elitists (not calling anyone here that btw >_>) that what passes for good Japanese VAing amongst some people is actually really bad, and conversely he'd prefer some English dubs to Japanese because of that.

etecoon

Smash Hero
lol I forgot I actually watched FLCL in english, it didn't bother me so I never bothered looking for the sub

still need to rewatch big o sometime, I remember it was pretty good but I don't recall much about it, was a long *** time ago. haven't seen the others yet

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Ive often seen Orion and Kaos matches go to time vs. Leon/Mr-R and you tell me they play overly aggressive ...

I would actually prefer to play deffensive vs. Snake much more than playing deffensive vs. Marth.
I dunno. I can't play aggressive vs marths at all. He fishes for grabs, and if you hit his shield he almost always gets one. The only marth I've ever really played was xisin's, there are no marths in my area at all. xD
I would agree that marth really doesn't have any bad mu's except for d3.

Lmao, yay! Juri's back! ^_^

:phone:

Master Raven

Smash Master
I don't think playing pure defense against snake works unless you build up a good lead, which means you need to aggro him at select points at least. I think cautiously pressuring him is best but what do I know, I'm like 0-15 vs fatal and bizkit so I'm obviously doing it wrong ._.
tbh I think people give camping far more credit than it deserves. It is really good in this game obviously but I think it should just be part of your overall arsenal of options rather than just going 100% for it hardcore. Right now I think the most efficient way to play in this current metagame is to play solidly with the utilities you have for your character based on any given situation in the match. In other words, just camp when the time calls for it lol

That is how I play nowadays, and in fact I have a MM vs MVD that I played and won 2 weeks ago that should hopefully be up this week that I'll post (2link has the replays), and what I just described is how I played in the MM. Yeah I obviously could've played it better, but then again I'm still relearning a lot of these MUs since I haven't played offline in a while, and I'm getting a better idea on what to do as I rewatch my recent vids. Overall I'd say I'm pretty good at the Snake MU, especially from watching Seibrik :p

Reizilla

Yu Yu Hakusho was a really good dub, in my opinion. But that might just be me having watched the entire thing in English before ever watching it in Japanese, which is a bit better.

Reizilla

Very true. I think Yu Yu is the only show where the main character was my favorite.

Jerm, Magik agrees to the match.

etecoon

Smash Hero
YYH is another one that I can barely remember, was way too long ago

that is pretty interesting, I also can't think of any anime I've seen where the main character is actually my favorite character. a lot of times I dislike the main character even...

Exdeath

Smash Master
Camping Snake with a large lead can definitely work, but it's even better because most Snake's have no idea how to handle MK just jumping around and running away.

Code Geass' Dub was pretty damn decent.

Staco

Smash Champion
I agree.
I also do whatever is the best in given situation.
For example: vs. Falco you want to camp, if you got a lead and if you are in CG percentages until you got 30-40+%.

Vs. Snake: I sometimes play more offensive, sometimes more defensive.
Also depends on the stage.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
I'm very defensive against good, smart Snakes and very offensive against Snakes that don't know what they're doing or don't know how to recover properly

Top Bottom