• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MKGD: A new Bat watches over the town

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
God, just ****ing stop.

If one person asks (even if it's a mod), have a bit of respect and just acknowledge that persons request.

Like P4 said, you guys even have your own board for that kinda stuff.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
ALRIGHT GUYS EFF EVERYTHING

I just found out we have a grab release on Jiggs! Air Release-->Shuttle Loop!!!!!

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE WTF
this is why your the best MK. Great find. The metagame will never be the same.

Also master raven, I'll check your link out when I get home.

Edit: my little poney is by the person who made power puff girls?? Now I want to check it out.

:phone:

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
God, just ****ing stop.

If one person asks (even if it's a mod), have a bit of respect and just acknowledge that persons request.

Like P4 said, you guys even have your own board for that kinda stuff.
vvvvv

this is why your the best MK. Great find. The metagame will never be the same.

Also master raven, I'll check your link out when I get home.

Edit: my little poney is by the person who made power puff girls?? Now I want to check it out.

:cool:

z00ted

Yeah, it is. This is basically the same reason why I watched a few episodes. There are some really hilarious moments in a good number of the episodes that I think you would like. If you are just getting a sample of the show you should watch this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o53GQGBl5pY

YOU KNOW NOT WHAT YOU DO

YOU GONE AND SPILLED MY PRECIOUS BREW

Master Raven

Smash Master
@Illmatic I'll post some stuff up later lol cuz it's going to be a bigass list (I was thinking of doing a top 5 per genre but honestly I find that too limiting cuz it's hard for me to make a definitive top 5 for most things lol) I'll put up some links up too when I get the chance.

z00ted

@Illmatic I'll post some stuff up later lol cuz it's going to be a bigass list (I was thinking of doing a top 5 per genre but honestly I find that too limiting cuz it's hard for me to make a definitive top 5 for most things lol) I'll put up some links up too when I get the chance.
Alright, sweet. I've probably listened to 7/10 of all the artist you will list, but links are fine if you feel as though they need to be provided.

I'm into a large amount of Metal too, but more of the stuff that you were describing (death, doom, etc).

One of my favorite Jazzcore/Metal artists of all time is maudlin of the Well. I think they are accessible for anyone - but Metal fans will love them.

Few samples:

The Horror of Lunar's Retreat

Girl With A Watering Can

Blight of River Sytems

They dwell into really deeper/more dark types of music, but I feel as though they are their best when they are upbeat and just playing their instruments to their full potential.

Ok? What does that prove, lol? I'm with you on the show being great, but don't bother someone and cram pics and .gifs down the person's throat if they don't like it.

NNID
Budget_Player
Oh yeah that reminds me. Powerpuff Girls. Good show or Great show?

Also, any other metalheads or proggies here? My favorite bands include:
-Behemoth
-Strapping Young Lad
-Rush
-Dream Theater
-Slayer
-Lamb of God
etc.

But I'm also really big on a few "stranger" acts... Placebo and Venetian Snares come to mind.

BlueZebra

Smash Journeyman
Last pony-related post, I'd rather post about MLP in this thread, way less arguing.

@P4, I really recommend giving the show more than just 2 minutes. At least a few episodes(2-3 tops) before disregarding it. I won't care if you don't like it, just at least give a shot before passing it off. If you do I'll give One Piece a chance? :D

k switching topics

I might start attending tournaments again once I feel comfortable with A-Tier match ups and the ditto. If my friend has a capture card, I could see if I could get a few matches recorded and criticized first.

edit: I liked powerpuff girls, but I liked Samurai Jack, and Courage the Cowardly Dog better. :]

z00ted

Oh yeah that reminds me. Powerpuff Girls. Good show or Great show?

Also, any other metalheads or proggies here? My favorite bands include:
-Behemoth
-Strapping Young Lad
-Rush
-Dream Theater
-Slayer
-Lamb of God
etc.

But I'm also really big on a few "stranger" acts... Placebo and Venetian Snares come to mind.
Dream Theater is superb, so props on that. The other stuff is just too satanic/dark for me, you should try out Protest the Hero and Agalloch.

Sequioa Throne

In the Shadow of Our Pale Comparison

Omg, I forgot how good Agalloch was loool.

If anyone is into Screamo/Hardcore, but doesn't like The Devil Wears Prada, Bring Me the Horizon, and any other bull**** that comes with that genre - I can definitely give some good recs.

Master Raven

Smash Master
BPC I like all those bands except Lamb of God lol (I'm not into a lot of metalcore from what I've listened).

On cartoons: idk I just don't feel like watching MLP, or at least I don't have the time to do it. I love PPG and a lot of the Cartoon Cartoon stuff in general.

... Now, don't tell me I'm the only Johnny Bravo fan here.

z00ted

http://www.last.fm/user/MasterRaven <--- My last.fm

edit: I love maudlin of the Well lol they're definitely one of my favorite metal bands
Yessss - I see Aphex Twins, The Smiths, maudlin of the Well, etc.

Pretty good stuff, you've like explored into the really deep sections of Metal (Industrial and a ton of other stuff I've never heard) which is cool. I never searched that deep because I was already like super satisfied with what I found.

I loveeeed Johnny Bravo, Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's Lab, and Courage as a little kid.

Master Raven

Smash Master
Yessss - I see Aphex Twins, The Smiths, maudlin of the Well, etc.

Pretty good stuff, you've like explored into the really deep sections of Metal (Industrial and a ton of other stuff I've never heard) which is cool. I never searched that deep because I was already like super satisfied with what I found..
I have my moments where I'm perfectly content with what I got, but more often than not I enjoy discovering new bands. A lot of what I listen to is rooted back into recommendations from a few friends a few hours away. We'd trade music online a lot (and we still do but to a lesser extent) and once I got good Internet in five years ago I started searching up new stuff on Soulseek. That feeling of finding new music on your own felt like magic. Nowadays I like to scour private trackers and blogs for anything new.

And yes people CtCD was great. CGI Ramses terrified me as a young'n.

Reizilla

Ill, I'm not one of the ones that crams pics down people's throat. I don't condone that either. I was just giving my thoughts on why people should give it a fair chance from a different perspective.

Courage was/is my favorite cartoon. Eustace and Muriel fit my grandparents to a T. I still watch it all the time x)

And PPG was a great show, as was Johnny Bravo.

NNID
Budget_Player
Dream Theater is superb, so props on that. The other stuff is just too satanic/dark for me, you should try out Protest the Hero and Agalloch.

Sequioa Throne
I know PtH; Fortress was... interesting. I couldn't get over two things, though: the incohesiveness of it all (I like multiple themes, but having like 5 major themes in a 3-minute song doesn't work for me), and OH MY GOD THE SINGER IS ****ING ANNOYING. I just can't stand that kind of voice.

In the Shadow of Our Pale Comparison

Omg, I forgot how good Agalloch was loool.
This seems... Really cool. 2 Minutes in and it's a thoroughly impressive piece... It almost sounds like black metal... but only the singer has that lousy recording quality that I find so awfully grating. I like this... I should get in to them.

Fake edit: 3:00... And there goes the vocals... fml.

BPC I like all those bands except Lamb of God lol (I'm not into a lot of metalcore from what I've listened).
They're not metalcore. They're blackened thrash. And they are ****ing awesome. Check out "Grace" and "Reclamation" from their latest CD, "Wrath". Both are absolutely ****ing AMAZING tracks.

Courage the Cowardly Dog is the ****, thats the dog right there he goes through hell and back every episode.
**** yes Courage kicks ***.

Oh yeah, more music...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwuReRw23_0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-DMYMjEZZ4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td314n5M61Q

Strapping Young Lad is one of my favorite bands ever. It is perhaps telling that over half of my "top 25 most played" playlist is made up of them, and the top three are all SYL songs, 80, 83, and 113 plays respectively. I'd say "if you like X you'll like them" but I can't because I honestly cannot make a frame of reference for this band at all. They are that out there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDe0cXJc-kw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vvKfEyxQrE

Rhapsody of fire... If you're in to Dream Theater, Symphony X, and similar "cheesy" bands.... Rhapsody has about as much use for a symphony orchestra as, say, the average AAA video game soundtrack. FFS, "Mystic Power of Raging Winds" is a SONG NAME from them, and it has a goddamn flute solo in the middle! The band is not for everyone (it's incredibly cheesy; they're known for fantasy monologues in songs), but it's really good stuff if you're in to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QMCpwCiiDg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvUGtcIVxxU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70oWsgDgDqg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP9CLw6vV44

Orden Ogan is just amazing. Both of their albums are absolute gold (Easton Hope being, IMO, one of the best albums ever), and they provide incredibly crisp, hard-hitting power metal with catchy riffs (I still can't get the one from "This is" out of my head...) and AMAZING songwriting. Seriously, check these guys out!

That's enough for now I think...

z00ted

What you just posted, is everything I hate about Metal/Powermetal/Trash, etc.

Iron Maiden / Megadeth is all I need to understand and love those genres. After that, it all sounds the same.. basically repetitive, over the top, and boring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Sam5omG0v0

Reizilla

Hammerfall and Sonata Artica were some of my favorites when I listened to metal. But Children of Bodom was probably my most liked band ever outside of Maiden, who I finally saw live last summer! :D

^I respect that ninja edit. Did you see them when they were in Houston in June?

z00ted

Maiden basically was the foundation of my current taste in music.

omg I remember when I was possessed by them, rofl

Reizilla

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa? You should make Maiden your first. Far and away, the second best concert I've ever been to.

z00ted

Nah, I would rather have seen Maiden when they were in their prime. Not washed up, old, and ****ty LOL

Reizilla

Pfft! You'd be surprised how good of a show those old guys can still put on.

NNID
Budget_Player
What you just posted, is everything I hate about Metal/Powermetal/Trash, etc.

Iron Maiden / Megadeth is all I need to understand and love those genres. After that, it all sounds the same.. basically repetitive, over the top, and boring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Sam5omG0v0
LOL umad?

I like my music very complex and interesting. Don't get me wrong, I have a full megadeth discography and I love their sound, but I just need... MOAR. I need the rush. I mean, I can see you saying that about Rhapsody, maybe Orden Ogan, but SYL?! And don't you like PtH?

z00ted

Protest the hero are a bit different than those, but I can totally understand where you are coming from. I'm just not into the genre like you are.

Master Raven

Smash Master
I like thrash. Darkness Descends by Dark Angel is my favorite thrash album.

Also, in SFL we actually have an Iron Maiden-themed restaurant hosted by Nico McBrain.

Yes, you read that right: http://www.rocknrollribs.org/about.html

Oh and count me in on the Dragonforce-sucks crowd. I can why it appeals to some people but it's not my thing personally.

BlueZebra

Smash Journeyman
If anyone is into Screamo/Hardcore, but doesn't like The Devil Wears Prada, Bring Me the Horizon, and any other bull**** that comes with that genre - I can definitely give some good recs.
**** Bring Me the Horizon. I only like one song from DWP and that's off of the punk goes crunk album.

A Day to Remember, and Attack Attack are so much better.

Exdeath

Smash Master
The nicest thing about Courage the Cowardly Dog for me was the unique feel of it. I didn't feel like I was being talked down to, it had a unique blend of genuinely being suspenseful (for me ~ that age, anyway) and still being funny at other times, and it felt sophisticated.

Ed, Edd, n Eddy is probably the most clever/well-written Cartoon Network show to me, along with Megas XLR. I'm actually downloading Dexter's Lab right now, but that was definitely a favorite when I was growing up.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Ed Edd n Eddy was great, in Mexico got amazing thanks to the dub, as well as KND.

MEGAS XLR was really fun and original (and was filled with references). Its Season 2 was silly, though.

Top Bottom