• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MKGD: A new Bat watches over the town

Player-4

See you in 25 years
lol @ the ponyhate in here.
Settle.
Do not tell my minions to settle

I run these parts Espy, now round up your pony heard and GET

Or I'll be forced to break out my infraction brander and leave my mark on your hides!

(srsly next pony post will be infracted, it's spam and trolling since I obviously don't like it and don't want it being posted here)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I wouldn't say I hate the ponies...
but rather that...I don't understand how straight boys can enjoy them? @_@
Well, not sure what the implication is here. :(
The show does have a feminine charm to it, but it's downplayed (for the most part) in favor of clean, pure, 90's cartoon antics that a majority of us grew up with.
The entire mane cast just happens to be, well, female.

From your quote, it logically follows that any girl who grew up enjoying shows like TMNT, Street Sharks, or GI Joe are lesbians. :p

As far as I'm concerned, I love it because it takes me back to those days when I used to watch cartoons as a kid. The elements of the show feel exactly the same as the cartoons back then, and the homages, shout outs, etc that they ease in are fun to catch if you have a good eye.

Not to mention the show got me to appreciate Sondheim because of a single song.

@P4: Who said I was just tellin' your minions? :p
So...to stay on topic (if the above is considered "spam", somehow)...how goes the looping and the shuttling and the being the best character going for you guys?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I like MLP because it's nice. And that's it.
There's few good shows around, and MLP just happened to began being exploited with memes all around 4chan. Then, show got better.

I personally don't mind people not liking it, but judging people that like it because of being part of a toy franchise targeted for little girls is... well... not nice...

And P4, I've always been a brony and a MK. get@me.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
AfroQT, just curious. Have you ever sat down and watched the show? Just curious.

If you have, and you just don't like it, what did you not like about it? I always find it educational to hear why people don't like it.

Player-3

Smash Hero
i watched episode 13 or w/e it is the sonic rainbow thing because someone said it was the best one

i can UNDERSTAND how people can like the show, but...

i don't like it, and i think the only reason bronys try to force the meme onto other people is to make them mad, therefore effectively "trolling" these conservative fools, in which case i lose respect for these so-called-trolls for having to use the means of a widely used meme that poeple hate on for no reason, instead of using good old fashion words to troll people.
it's much more effective, imo.

TL;DR
troll without ponys

edit:
phoot i don't like it because i have issues with my sexuality when it comes to horses... i mean..... talk about dat ***, they have relatives that are NAMED ***

BlueZebra

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't say I hate the ponies...
but rather that...I don't understand how straight boys can enjoy them? @_@
Because it's not really a girly show. Have you even watched 2-3 episodes? XD

Do not tell my minions to settle
Hey, there are bat bronies too.

Well, not sure what the implication is here. :(
The show does have a feminine charm to it, but it's downplayed (for the most part) in favor of clean, pure, 90's cartoon antics that a majority of us grew up with.
The entire mane cast just happens to be, well, female.

From your quote, it logically follows that any girl who grew up enjoying shows like TMNT, Street Sharks, or GI Joe are lesbians. :p

As far as I'm concerned, I love it because it takes me back to those days when I used to watch cartoons as a kid. The elements of the show feel exactly the same as the cartoons back then, and the homages, shout outs, etc that they ease in are fun to catch if you have a good eye.
Pretty much this.

I like MLP because it's nice. And that's it.
There's few good shows around, and MLP just happened to began being exploited with memes all around 4chan. Then, show got better.

I personally don't mind people not liking it, but judging people that like it because of being part of a toy franchise targeted for little girls is... well... not nice...

And P4, I've always been a brony and a MK. get@me.
*brohoof*

i watched episode 13 or w/e it is the sonic rainbow thing because someone said it was the best one

i can UNDERSTAND how people can like the show, but...

i don't like it, and i think the only reason bronys try to force the meme onto other people is to make them mad, therefore effectively "trolling" these conservative fools, in which case i lose respect for these so-called-trolls for having to use the means of a widely used meme that poeple hate on for no reason, instead of using good old fashion words to troll people.
it's much more effective, imo.

TL;DR
troll without ponys

edit:
phoot i don't like it because i have issues with my sexuality when it comes to horses... i mean..... talk about dat ***, they have relatives that are NAMED ***
Not all bronies try to force their meme onto others, and a majority of the time it's really not out of trolling than it is just posting about something we like. And...that's a really weird reason but I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Player-3

Smash Hero
espy tldr

i dont like mlp that much although it isn't bad so i don't hate on bronies except for the ones like rei-gun who come in like WATCH THE SHOW OR I WILL POST PICTURE OF PONIES EVERYWHERE

even though he's a cool guy

also, bluezebra, bestiality is in now, haven't you heard?

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
edit:
I respect your decision not to follow the show on these grounds. Everyone's entitled to take their own path.

But no one in the brony community would judge you for liking pony butt. Most would join you. Case in point:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Makes sense, I suppose.
It IS a legitimate show though, but just like any show, it'll have some hit and misses.
Nothin' I can really do about that. :p

Player-3

Smash Hero
also i was not expecting you to take that remark seriously

LOL

my real reason for not watching the show is i don't like it enough to justify spending the time watching it

i mean i like the show but i dont like it more than the other options i have available to me on the internet at the same time

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
To be fair, I only took it seriously so I could have an excuse to post ponybutt.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I don't recall ever saying/doing that. Unless summoned. Or unless said pony picture says it better than I can, while being cyute. And most people start raging about ponies before any pictures are even posted. That is when the pictures get posted because if they're already raging, might as well give them a reason, so they don't seem completely wacked out, no?

And I main MK now, so this is my new home. And I am merely here to social with my fellow tier *****s whilst showing my love for them through my favorite pictures.

And Sonic Rainboom was a good episode, but definitely not the best.

P4, user group MM? I win, I get your modship. You win, you get my pranked. Let's do this.

edit: butt.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
I respect your decision not to follow the show on these grounds. Everyone's entitled to take their own path.

But no one in the brony community would judge you for liking pony butt. Most would join you. Case in point:

Collapse tags won't save you from my judgement

I don't recall ever saying/doing that. Unless summoned. Or unless said pony picture says it better than I can, while being cyute. And most people start raging about ponies before any pictures are even posted. That is when the pictures get posted because if they're already raging, might as well give them a reason, so they don't seem completely wacked out, no?

And I main MK now, so this is my new home. And I am merely here to social with my fellow tier *****s whilst showing my love for them through my favorite pictures.

And Sonic Rainboom was a good episode, but definitely not the best.

P4, user group MM? I win, I get your modship. You win, you get my pranked. Let's do this.

edit: butt.
I'll one up you, if you win you can have my modship, but if you lose you have to give up being a brony for life

BlueZebra

Smash Journeyman
Any chance we could start up a MK vs Yoshi mu thread soon? The MU is pretty 55:45 and it would be nice knowing what to do against that dinosaur.

Reizilla

Collapse tags won't save you from my judgement

I'll one up you, if you win you can have my modship, but if you lose you have to give up being a brony for life
I'll one up YOU. If you win, you can be pranked and I have to give up being a brony for life, but if I win, you have to give me your modship and become a Mexican.

P4 knows all about the Yoshi matchup :awesome:

BlueZebra

Smash Journeyman
Screw it, I'll start the thread. I know we're probably going by tier list order but I've seen my friends yoshi absolutely wreck bats, and a main factor was from a lack of mu knowledge.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Tornado and Dtilt his shield.
Do not try to gimp him. And that's pretty much it...

BlueZebra

Smash Journeyman
Eggs stop MK's nado and a foward smash goes right through too, and if it's grounded you can get grabbed out of it. It's only good for when Yoshi is in the air.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
I'll one up YOU. If you win, you can be pranked and I have to give up being a brony for life, but if I win, you have to give me your modship and become a Mexican.

P4 knows all about the Yoshi matchup :awesome:
Lmao alright, and I won't lose to Boshi again :)

I let my emotions get the better of me and I was doing stupid stuff and lost because of it

Screw it, I'll start the thread. I know we're probably going by tier list order but I've seen my friends yoshi absolutely wreck bats, and a main factor was from a lack of mu knowledge.
Yes thank you

Tornado and Dtilt his shield.
Do not try to gimp him. And that's pretty much it...
Lol no, that's not pretty much it

Reizilla

I have no idea. Most likely either Marth/MK. Unless you want to character lock me. Or MM each or whatever. Doesn't matter.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
@ponies:Yes, I have watched almost ten episodes. And I really wish this would've been released when I was a little girl because I would've loved it. Especially rainbow dash.

Ahem. I wasn't trying to offend anyone with my previous post. Its just that I'm truly shocked that boys can like this show is all. I merely wanted an explanation as to why some males can enjoy it. I do believe the show to be extremely girly. :O

@mks: wish me luck this weekend, with so many diddys imma need it :cry:

:phone:

Master Raven

Smash Master
What music do MK mains like?

It's cliche, but I'll listen to almost anything, although I do have my preferences and dislikes. I'm not a fan of most (surprise surprise) country and reggaeton. Over the past year I've discovered a newfound love of old-school post-punk, new wave, industrial, etc; basically most of the experimental music that came out of the late 70s/early 80s. In addition to 80s stuff I also love a lot of synth-pop (Soft Cell being my favorite, and I'm loving Pet Shop Boys lately). I'm also a big fan of most forms of electronic music and extreme metal (especially black and doom).

I know indie and alt rock tend to be popular amongst my fellow MTV-hating-music-obsessed-hipsters, but honestly I can't get into most of it. Not into Arcade Fire, Neutral Milk Hotel, Interpol, Dinosaur Jr, most grunge, etc. And most post-rock will put me to sleep >_> <_< I also don't generally care for power and prog metal (although when mixed with other genres I think they're a lot better).

Just so no one kills me, I DO like Radiohead. :reverse:

Cocteau Twins is probably my favorite band tho.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Lmao I'm listening to Arcade Fire right now

And I'm actually going to see them in concert next Wednesday

But yeah, Indie/Alternative is my genre

Also good luck Kassy! Work on insta throwing and catching before the tourney! I've got a few secrets about it I like to keep secret so PM me or Aim me and I'll let you in on them :)

Reizilla

I wanna know these secrets >:/

I listen to mostly Jazz and "Classical" music. I also like Ska (not so much the pop/punk kind). Then I'm a bit eclectic about everything else. Except for dubstep. That **** sucks.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I'm not a music*** or something, but I like music by itself, do not say I like or dislike genres or bands.
i haven't even set a pattern among my favourite songs' styles. I just like them (and I have thousands of favourites).

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Any chance we could start up a MK vs Yoshi mu thread soon? The MU is pretty 55:45 and it would be nice knowing what to do against that dinosaur.
If MK's actually studied the MU for Yoshi, they'd know how Easy it is to GIMP us and that the MU is a 60:40/-2 for us.

Yes eff Yoshi he's a ******
While I don't think you've played Polt yet, I gave you alot of Juicy information about Yoshi/Polt in general back at HoM1 before I left cause of that NDE I had.

Be sure to tell the Yoshi's, cause they never listen to me when I report to them about a character discussing us, yet they somehow jump to threads once someone else tells them. (For example Olimar Boards)

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Oh! Imma pm you p4! :D

Hm, as far as music goes, I'm into more metal/techno/kpop/indie. My favorite band is dir en grey for sure. Only seen them live once. I also really like the fall of troy, death breath, ect. I also really enjoy a few pieces of classical. Like the polovostian dances from prince igor. :O

:phone:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'll listen to mostly anything.
Doesn't make me no difference.

The problem is, I can't remember bands, songs, and singers to save my life.

Top Bottom