• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MKGD: A new Bat watches over the town

BlueZebra

Smash Journeyman
I can listen to a variety of music(metal, indie, punk, rock, hip hop, etc.) and enjoy pretty much any of it but I have two personal favorites: electronic and screamo. My favorite artist currently is Blue Stahli. I grew so tired of listening to the same stuff over and over that the two genres were something completely new to me, a whole new flavor and I loved it.

Master Raven

Smash Master
**** yeah Sun Ra

Haven't heard of the artist in the first link but I do like noisy stuff lol >_>

AfroQT

Smash Master
AfroQT, just curious. Have you ever sat down and watched the show? Just curious.

If you have, and you just don't like it, what did you not like about it? I always find it educational to hear why people don't like it.
I don't like the show because its just a show about ponies, period. It's not particularly funny, or theres no special inside super jokes happening, there isn't any hidden humor, its literally a show about ponies. Thats it, end of summary.

I've seen episode 1 of the show, because i originally thought that this was some type of happy tree friend rip off with crazy antics, but no its just a show about ponies clearly intended for small females. Seeing as i am not a small female, i have no interest in the show and i am entirely convinced that people who do are in the closest homosexuals. Not that there is anything wrong with being homosexual.

TLDR:
SHOW ABOUT PONIES MALES DONT LIKE THAT

EDIT:
Yo son you want music? HERE WE GO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puHyO5JNOE0

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Actually, it's Friendship is Magic, ie: it's about the magic of friendship, not just ponies.

BlueZebra

Smash Journeyman
I don't like the show because its just a show about ponies, period. It's not particularly funny, or theres no special inside super jokes happening, there isn't any hidden humor, its literally a show about ponies. Thats it, end of summary.

I've seen episode 1 of the show, because i originally thought that this was some type of happy tree friend rip off with crazy antics, but no its just a show about ponies clearly intended for small females. Seeing as i am not a small female, i have no interest in the show and i am entirely convinced that people who do are in the closest homosexuals. Not that there is anything wrong with being homosexual.

TLDR:
SHOW ABOUT PONIES MALES DONT LIKE THAT

EDIT:
Yo son you want music? HERE WE GO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puHyO5JNOE0
The pilot episodes are eh compared to the rest of the show. You're better off giving the show like one-three more episodes before giving a verdict. The animation is great, it has a 90's cartoon feel to it, and everyone ends up finding a character they like da bess or a catchy song that really gets them into the show.

Yes, the audience was intended for girls but Lauren Faust has always had the capability to make her cartoons appeal to both genders from a large range of ages(look at powerpuff girls, and fosters home).

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
What music do MK mains like?

It's cliche, but I'll listen to almost anything, although I do have my preferences and dislikes. I'm not a fan of most (surprise surprise) country and reggaeton. Over the past year I've discovered a newfound love of old-school post-punk, new wave, industrial, etc; basically most of the experimental music that came out of the late 70s/early 80s. In addition to 80s stuff I also love a lot of synth-pop (Soft Cell being my favorite, and I'm loving Pet Shop Boys lately). I'm also a big fan of most forms of electronic music and extreme metal (especially black and doom).

I know indie and alt rock tend to be popular amongst my fellow MTV-hating-music-obsessed-hipsters, but honestly I can't get into most of it. Not into Arcade Fire, Neutral Milk Hotel, Interpol, Dinosaur Jr, most grunge, etc. And most post-rock will put me to sleep >_> <_< I also don't generally care for power and prog metal (although when mixed with other genres I think they're a lot better).

Just so no one kills me, I DO like Radiohead. :reverse:

Cocteau Twins is probably my favorite band tho.
Hype.

We need to have a good talk, Master Raven.

NNID
Budget_Player
More importantly the best MK player in the EU is on it as well! I'm sure he could tell you a thing or two about MK and his english is actually understandable [unlike 90% of the other frenchies].

:059:
I play against Orion all the time. :awesome:

EDIT: Oh yeah and My Little Pony is actually pretty good. Like, not amazing (amazing: Spongebob Squarepants, South Park, etc.), but perfectly enjoyable.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Its the day before saturday.

What music do MK mains like?

It's cliche, but I'll listen to almost anything, although I do have my preferences and dislikes. I'm not a fan of most (surprise surprise) country and reggaeton. Over the past year I've discovered a newfound love of old-school post-punk, new wave, industrial, etc; basically most of the experimental music that came out of the late 70s/early 80s. In addition to 80s stuff I also love a lot of synth-pop (Soft Cell being my favorite, and I'm loving Pet Shop Boys lately). I'm also a big fan of most forms of electronic music and extreme metal (especially black and doom).

I know indie and alt rock tend to be popular amongst my fellow MTV-hating-music-obsessed-hipsters, but honestly I can't get into most of it. Not into Arcade Fire, Neutral Milk Hotel, Interpol, Dinosaur Jr, most grunge, etc. And most post-rock will put me to sleep >_> <_< I also don't generally care for power and prog metal (although when mixed with other genres I think they're a lot better).

Just so no one kills me, I DO like Radiohead. :reverse:

Cocteau Twins is probably my favorite band tho.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecSg9WpLgl0
Ive been loving this album lately and it seems like you might like it.

Hype.

We need to have a good talk, Master Raven.
But this scrub knows whats up when it comes to music.

Reizilla

I play against Orion all the time. :awesome:

EDIT: Oh yeah and My Little Pony is actually pretty good. Like, not amazing (amazing: Spongebob Squarepants, South Park, etc.), but perfectly enjoyable.
You said amazing, but then you named a good show and a bad one...

:p

Player-4

See you in 25 years
This isn't the MLP social, it's the MK social

I'm tired of pony talk period, so any more talk about it and I'm infracting, you guys know I hate all this MLP stuff, it's dumb and gay, you brony pony donks have a thread for this stuff, so gallop along to the Media Metropolis and leave this thread alone.

Idk if it's pony pics, simple talk, or whatever, it's annoying and I'll take it as trolling me since I've now ask for a second time for all of this Pony talk to stop.

Reizilla

Rofl, your board members are the ones that keep bringing it up.

Not to mention, I'm pretty sure you can't ban something just because you think it's gay. Global rules probably say something about that.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
I already told you I'm counting it as trolling since I detest it and you'll now be doing it deliberately after I asked for it to stop, besides that, it's off topic, ponies have absolutely nothing to do with MK. Lol don't throw the Global Rules at me, I know what I'm doing, it's my "job" :)

Rei you're the one who brings the pony stuff lmao, Afro doesn't like it, then Mink came in and started more then brought the herd. We only have 2 MKs that actually follow the pony brony crowd, they don't speak for all the board members.

Reizilla

So you detest it, and therefore consider it trolling, but you detest it because you think it's gay, so it's trolling because you think it's gay, right? :awesome:

Mink came in when afro started raging pretty much because Kyo and I have pony avatars. On top of which, it's a social thread for MK mains, which we are.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
No, you main Ganon, your post bit says so :awesome:

But seriously if you're actually an MK main, why do you not contribute other places instead of just talking about ponies in the social?

You can say you're an MK main all you want, but if you're not contributing or at least trying to contribute useful information you really don't have a reason to be posting here (MK boards), that's the way I see it. Same goes for Kyo and Mink... Who are they? They never post here.

Reizilla

Because I'm still figuring things out. I've read most of the important stuff already, just haven't had anything to contribute yet, since I've only used MK in one tourney so far. And you know very well I've talked about much more than ponies in here :p

Kyo was here before he was even a brony, I think. Mink is just a friendly guy, as far as I know or was just defending against pony hate..

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Woww, ******* pea4. I thought you could talk about whatever you want in a social. I've lost all my respect for you.

:phone:

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Rei, I still don't know who either of them are lol. But anyways, you guys can talk about whatever you want honestly, I'm just being a hardass on the pony stuff because it's not funny and it's so goddamn annoying. Look, you guys have your very own social for that stuff, and you all know very well many many people do not like it (including myself). So when you guys just come in spamming pics and brony love, you're obviously doing to troll Afro, myself, and many other MKs.

Alls I'm saying is, don't troll, and ponies (when they're obviously hated by the majority here and you guys have your own dedicated thread for it) equal trolling.

LMAO shut up Jerm

Reizilla

Very well, P4. I try not to spam pony pics myself, unless I feel the reaction image goes very well with something. Just know that if someone decides to randomly hate on me or the show, simply just from my presence, I will defend it sooner or later.

So how about that One Piece? Can't wait for Robin to finally get some screen time again :3

Player-4

See you in 25 years
No, I've actually watched the first 2 minutes so I could see all I needed to see. It's a cartoon, about ponies, who are girls, that fart rainbows.

It's a cartoon aimed at the young female audience, sorry but being a 20 year old male, that type of show doesn't appeal to me, who knew.

Edit:

Rei I get what you're saying, and I'm not condoning how Afro is behaving, but I'm just saying it wouldn't be a problem if pony stuff wasn't being posted (which I know you really don't post very often, which is why I've never addressed this whole issue until everyone came in spamming the stuff), basically my main beef is random pony bronies coming in and spamming/trolling with all the pony stuff (that seriously goes for everything, like the time all the ROB mains came in with their train ****).

And yes, I can't wait for Robin to get more face time <3

and why are Dr. Suess books so famous?

Reizilla

Oh well, on top of being catchy and cool-looking, the messages of most all of the books appeal to the parent as much as, probably more so, to the child. Green Eggs and Ham comes to mind in this particular situation. But point being, Lauren Faust, creator of MLP, attempts to, and obviously does a very good job of, providde this same type of appeal for both the children watching the show and the parent watching with them (parents can be males too). So it's not a show created for little girls. It's a legitimate cartoon that's innocent enough to be watched by your young children and bases off of something already popular among girls. That's the way the cartoon should be viewed, because that's the intent.

Example: if you watched Dexter's Lab, would you not watch the Deedee-centered episodes because they were too girly?

Player-4

See you in 25 years
I get what you're saying, but it's still a show parents are watching with their children. I'm pretty sure grown ups aren't going to go sit down and watch MLP episodes by themselves.

And yes, I wouldn't watch DeeDee's Laboratory, but DeeDee centered episodes aren't a big deal because I know that's not what the show is about and the DeeDee centered episodes still have Dexter in them

Master Raven

Smash Master
Green Eggs and Ham is the ****

I gave all my Dr. Seuss books away :( I need to start collecting them all again, especially for my future kids~

@Jerm I've heard about Ariel Pink and I like what I've heard from the guy. If I may, I randomly recommend checking out John Maus, who plays a similar "retro" style but much more synth-oriented: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLVpZme0kRQ

Player-3

Smash Hero
all of you should listen to

the reign of kindo

my favorite is "thrill of the fall"

anyways

you guys jelly i'm going to see distant worlds on the 6th?

get @ me

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Master Raven... we NEED to talk.

Tell me all of your favorite bands/artists of their respective genre.

Reizilla

I get what you're saying, but it's still a show parents are watching with their children. I'm pretty sure grown ups aren't going to go sit down and watch MLP episodes by themselves.

And yes, I wouldn't watch DeeDee's Laboratory, but DeeDee centered episodes aren't a big deal because I know that's not what the show is about and the DeeDee centered episodes still have Dexter in them
Well, some do, and that's just that. I can understand your not liking or whatever, just saying you have the concept of the show wrong.

Some didn't have much. But most of those episodes were just as good as any normal episode and probably made you laugh just as much, despite all the pink or whatever. Many MLP episodes are even less girly than that and on top of it, the characters actually have a wide range of personalities, so it's not just a bunch of fru-fru girly stuff the entire time.

Meh, this probably isn't going anywhere...

Back to... umm... scooping or something.

Top Bottom