• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mississippi Thread - MSU Monthlies!

Winnar

Smash Lord
Whoa! Count me in for the Regional MS tournaments! Just moved out from good'ol California and left behind the West Coast. I'm looking to find some tourneys in MS. Since I've been here I've been a bit deprived of not being to one. Seeing as I was at one every weekend in California. Playing with DSF/Palmdale Crew etc. on a daily basis :/. It is missed. I'm mostly into Brawl for tourneys but will attend Melee. I've been meaning to get a hold of MookieRah and play since I've been back.

If anyone is ever around Tupelo area and wants to play you can PM me and let me know. I may be in Starkville at times visiting the School grounds with friends as well. I'm not shy and neither should you be. I'll send my cell number to those who are down for some game time. Brawl or Melee!

@ 3GOD: We've met before with MookieRah at a Melee tourney a while back in 08 if I remember.

Here's some info on me as of now.

Games: Brawl/Melee (Mostly Brawl)
Region: Tupelo, MS
Oh shi-!

Unfortunately there ARE no MS brawl tournaments. The four of us I listed always go to AL tourneys.

Also that list is only relative to our group of 4 smashers, the joke is that we're the only people who play in the state (which may or may not be true).

Also pretty much all of us are going to be gone (from Starkville) after this week, 3GOD will be here but...not for long IIRC. A month maybe?

The Cape

Smash Master
Everyone in the state should just play Brawl+. Its new up and coming smash that is defining the community now.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Everyone in the state should just play Brawl+. Its new up and coming smash that is defining the community now.
Eh I tried it back when it was codeset v2.0

It might have gotten better, but at the time it was just stupid and completely lacked polish.

Clink

Smash Cadet
So AL is where we'll find most close Tourneys then eh? Not too bad. I was gonna go to the free anime convention that just passed, Kamicon. I over slept and decided not to drive the 2 hrs. I would have been late. Well, maybe I'll be able to cook something up for tourneys in MS. Hopefully something soon before ya'll are graduated. I know Mookie will be done this semester.

I don't have anything against Brawl+, but I don't see myself playing in tournaments for it. If I wanted something like Melee I'll play Melee.

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
Wow I didn't know people still posted in this thread.

When I lived in MS I tried to host tournies but no one attended even though I posted in this thread.
Also if you would advertise on your college campus' with posters or an on campus tourney i'm pretty sure you'd find more smashers than you thought.

Edit: well not "no one" but 12 people none of which came from out of town. Hosted three times, same people each time...

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
So AL is where we'll find most close Tourneys then eh? Not too bad. I was gonna go to the free anime convention that just passed, Kamicon. I over slept and decided not to drive the 2 hrs. I would have been late. Well, maybe I'll be able to cook something up for tourneys in MS. Hopefully something soon before ya'll are graduated. I know Mookie will be done this semester.

I don't have anything against Brawl+, but I don't see myself playing in tournaments for it. If I wanted something like Melee I'll play Melee.
I am really close to you, but I don't like Brawl. >_>

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
If you play Brawl, then come to LasT 3 in Baton Rouge, La. on May 30!

There's a thread for it here on the AS boards, or you can just click the image to go to it. I hope to see some of you there!

Clink

Smash Cadet
I am really close to you, but I don't like Brawl. >_>
Well, I play Melee as well. If anyone is going to the Ole Miss tourney that's supposed to be happening I'm gonna try and be there. I have to change the air filter and Fuel filter on my car. if I don't wake up late then I'll get that done and be able to go XD.

It does kinda suck that their aren't many tourneys in MS though. I'm so used to being at one every weekend and them being less than 30 mins. away :/. Like I said, I'm gonna see if I can start a bi-weekly or something. I don't know if the house I'm in now will allow me to do so. Anyone know of a decent cheap Venue?

Winnar

Smash Lord
Well, I play Melee as well. If anyone is going to the Ole Miss tourney that's supposed to be happening I'm gonna try and be there. I have to change the air filter and Fuel filter on my car. if I don't wake up late then I'll get that done and be able to go XD.

It does kinda suck that their aren't many tourneys in MS though. I'm so used to being at one every weekend and them being less than 30 mins. away :/. Like I said, I'm gonna see if I can start a bi-weekly or something. I don't know if the house I'm in now will allow me to do so. Anyone know of a decent cheap Venue?
3GOD is the only one leaving for good. Me and 2 other guys are leaving for the summer, but if you go to Last Smash 3 in Baton Rouge I'll probably be there.

Also this is final exams week and we have to be out of here by friday or saturday morning early. It's pretty busy so I doubt I'll get a chance to meet you before we're kicked out :(

Also yeah it does kind of suck. I don't know how many people would come, but I'd totally be down for biweeklies. I'd try to find more people at MSU who play smash (and don't suck or don't want to suck)

The Cape

Smash Master
Gonna be coming through here tomorrow. Someone able to house me for the night?

Coming through on highway 10.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
I'd house The Cape just so I can tell people I housed The Cape.
No idea where highway 10 is, though, how about a city you'll be heading through?

The Cape

Smash Master
Very southernmost parts of the south. Got an offer from New Orleans possibly.

I am coming straight West from Florida to San Antonio over two days along highway 10. I can post up a map if anyone needs one.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I'm going to need some help.

Ok, so I'm going to try and plan with my friends and respective parents to see if we can't travel at least once this summer to a tournament. I am hoping to at least make it to one out of state tourny this summer. I'm looking preferably for tournies in MS in June-July. You guys know if y'all will be hosting any in those two months?

Winnar

Smash Lord
I'm going to need some help.

Ok, so I'm going to try and plan with my friends and respective parents to see if we can't travel at least once this summer to a tournament. I am hoping to at least make it to one out of state tourny this summer. I'm looking preferably for tournies in MS in June-July. You guys know if y'all will be hosting any in those two months?
MS Hosting a tourney?

...Bahahaha yeah right

Actually once I get back to MS for college I'll see about hosting a tourney, but for summer I'm in Louisiana :O

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Ok, I wasn't sure. ^^'. Well I don't think I can travel anyway. one of my friend's can't really come and it's on;y the 3 of us and 2 is just boring so maybe in a year or two to come we will come out of state.

thanks anyway.

See you at LasT 3.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Guys why don't we ever post in here anymore :(

Also what's going to happen to this thread once 3GOD moves? :O

_lemons

Smash Journeyman
I'm moving to Starkville (from Ridgeland/Madison) in August, and I'll be looking to play some brawlllll. Or melee, but comparatively i'm terrible at melee compared to brawl.

someone from starkville pm me or something

NES n00b

Smash Master
I'm moving to Starkville (from Ridgeland/Madison) in August, and I'll be looking to play some brawlllll. Or melee, but comparatively i'm terrible at melee compared to brawl.

someone from starkville pm me or something
Haha right when everyone from starkville moves somewhere else. Nicely done fate.

Oh yeah also.....stop having boring Brawl, stop having a boring life.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Actually I'm coming back to Starkville for college soon. Only one person is leaving

UNFORTUNATELY THIS PERSON IS MOST IMPORTANT
MOST IMPORTANT INDEED

:'(

Also I now officially play both melee and brawl.

Life
Is
Good

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Actually I'm coming back to Starkville for college soon. Only one person is leaving

UNFORTUNATELY THIS PERSON IS MOST IMPORTANT
MOST IMPORTANT INDEED
Only one person? I can think of at least three off the top of my head...and I'm obviously the most important one.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Well actually everyone I guess except you. I thought you moved to LA cause of your location. Little did I know that is where you actually live and you go to school in MSU.
We'll have to play sometime when I go back for reelz :O

Also Sariku was talking about trying to get us both at his place for a day or two or something this summer. We should work on making that happen :D

balladechina212

Smash Ace
Hey guys I'm from Lafayette, LA and I was looking for some melee this summer. Louisiana has apparently turned completely Brawl so I'm looking eastward for melee. Let me know if you guys are doing anything.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I need housing for Friday night, July 17. I'm heading down to Louisiana, and it would be great if I had a place to stay the night before instead of making a long drive in the early morning.

I'm going down I-65, so that means that you'd pretty much have to live in Biloxi or Hattiesburg for this to apply to you.

I would try to be as little a bother as possible--I'd buy my own food if you didn't have anything canned or simple to spare, I'll sleep on the floor if I have to, and if it helps at all, you can get lots of Brawl friendlies with me. Not sure if you know me, but I'm apparently pretty good, so if you know me, that might make you happy.

I'd really appreciate it...

NES n00b

Smash Master
Hey guys I'm from Lafayette, LA and I was looking for some melee this summer. Louisiana has apparently turned completely Brawl so I'm looking eastward for melee. Let me know if you guys are doing anything.
There is Melee but way up north close to memphis. When I go down there for a little bit in august I guess you can play with me. >_>

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
You may not know me because I tend to lurk the Alabama Thread and I've never posted here, but I finally decided to stop complaining about the lack of Mobile are tourneys and about the cost of driving to Birmingham or Tuscaloosa. I took the initiative and began looking for a place to host a tournament down here in southern Alabama. The result? This:

Some of you guys are closer than a lot of Northern Alabama folks, so I thought I'd just give you a head's up. I've got the venue squared away and the date lined up. All I need to do is give the manager at Hollywood Video a minimum head count. I wanted to see how many of you think you might could make it. Click the picture to be redirected to the AiB tournament page for more information. I know some people around Mobile are going, and I wanted to see what kind of interest I could generate here.

Adding this to the OP would be nice too.

Thoughts, questions, comments?

3GOD

Smash Ace
What has happened to all the Mathematician Smashers in MS?

I wonder if it's possible to turn over control of this thread (i.e. the first post) to a more permanent member of the MS community now that I'm busy eating millions of peaches. Perhaps Winnar or that new guy in Tupelo I heard about would be interested in the duties (which as I found were very rarely needed in MS).

Seriously, I will miss you guys. Perhaps, I'll see some of you at some Atlanta or Alabama tournaments.

Winnar

Smash Lord
What has happened to all the Mathematician Smashers in MS?

I wonder if it's possible to turn over control of this thread (i.e. the first post) to a more permanent member of the MS community now that I'm busy eating millions of peaches. Perhaps Winnar or that new guy in Tupelo I heard about would be interested in the duties (which as I found were very rarely needed in MS).

Seriously, I will miss you guys. Perhaps, I'll see some of you at some Atlanta or Alabama tournaments.
I wouldn't mind keeping the first post updated. I dunno if it's possible or not but if it is then I'm game :D

Miss you Joel <3

Top Bottom