• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mississippi Thread - MSU Monthlies!

Curlz

Smash Lord
I'm starting to notice that the Mississippi Thread is now a place for OoS to advertise for tournaments from people who don't know that this thread is dead. xD

PrinceAlias

Smash Journeyman
Hey you guys Auburn University is back at it again with another tournament. This time we are planning on having double the entrants and double the fun. So I only have one question... ARE YOU READY

If yes please proceed to the thread Here

If the answer is no the GO HOME

hope to see you guys there and if you need anymore info please don't hesitate to contact me official co-host of AUSOM

BunBun

Smash Master
I'm starting to notice that the Mississippi Thread is now a place for OoS to advertise for tournaments from people who don't know that this thread is dead. xD
Hey you guys Auburn University is back at it again with another tournament. This time we are planning on having double the entrants and double the fun. So I only have one question... ARE YOU READY

If yes please proceed to the thread Here

If the answer is no the GO HOME

hope to see you guys there and if you need anymore info please don't hesitate to contact me official co-host of AUSOM
Hey guys, sorry to intrude on your thread, but I thought I'd formally invite y'all to come out to a tournament we're holding in Little Rock, AR on April 3rd. We're trying to build a scene in AR and the surrounding states. The thread is here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=9790241#post9790241 . Thanks guys.
God fucking fuck! For real kids? If you notice **** is dead stop ****ing posting spam.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Excuse me? As a tournament director who wants to make a large scene and a large event, I feel it is my responsibility to inform all neighboring states of our event. So many events have a small turn-out because NOBODY KNOWS ABOUT IT and I'm sure some people are willing to come out and have a good time with different people. If you feel like this is spam, I apologize, but I've already apologized for intruding on your thread. This isn't spam, this is an open invitation to your state to come and hang out with us.

BunBun

Smash Master
No no, I'm just highly amused that the first two posts after someone commented that the only thing this thread is used for anymore is tourney advertising were advertisements for tournaments.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
No no, I'm just highly amused that the first two posts after someone commented that the only thing this thread is used for anymore is tourney advertising were advertisements for tournaments.
Oh, I apologize for the bad timing. It's just that it was 4 AM and I was trying to let everyone know that we're serious about our tournament. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Vts

Smash Champion
Hmm might not come or might just come by myself.

since wolfeye isn't going think i could take his place??? maybe onii-chan!

<3

let me find out if these other 2 want to go 1 is like iffy iffy and other is like i'll do w/e.

BunBun

Smash Master
Hmm might not come or might just come by myself.

since wolfeye isn't going think i could take his place??? maybe onii-chan!

<3

let me find out if these other 2 want to go 1 is like iffy iffy and other is like i'll do w/e.
Are you talking about SMYM?

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
smash bros: the hard knock life tour

i wish more people could come so gas/driving wouldn't be an issue, but c'est la vie. do you want we should cover some aspect of the trip (on your end) to take away some of the sting?

Winnar

Smash Lord
I like that people advertise tourneys in our thread, don't discourage it D:

Maybe someone from MS will swing by and see our thread one day because of it.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Winnar has a point. I came across the LA thread because of all the spam in it way back in the dee.

(bump / post count +1)

Winnar

Smash Lord
Yeah the main point of keeping the thread active when there aren't as many people posting is in the off chance that someone tries to find the MS thread then it will be slightly easier to see.

but only slightly :(

For being as popular as it is SWF really needs to update their site to be more new-user friendly.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Indeed. My friend who played smash in Lafayette didn't even know there was a Louisiana Thread for the first couple of months he was signed in.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Final reminder: We're hosting the Arkansas Regional Knockouts tournament THIS Saturday in Little Rock, AR. Please try to make it! Here's the info: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=268485
I know WHOBO's going on, but for some, maybe this tourney is closer. For others, maybe they'll feel as if they'd rather compete against people in Little Rock than Houston.

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
Oxford has about 10 people that are really consistent, and a few other people that aren't at 100% of the tournaments, but amazing.

We are having a tournament on April 10th, 2010 at the Ole Miss Student Union.

Ambix

Smash Ace
Huh....weird.

I'm suprised i'm not listed in this thread.

I've been around as long as chad and myztek in the first reply.

Ambix - southaven - peach for melee I guess....lol.

I'm 4 years late.

Sangaera

Smash Rookie
Hello all, finally got around to making an account.

I live in Madison but spend most of the year in Oxford in college. I met Winnar, jcpwn, Metro Knight, and Cyner at the tournament at Ole Miss a few weeks ago. I was the Marth player (tag name: SANGA) who got 3rd place. Also played a little Melee with you guys just to see how bad I was for my first time, heheh.

Nice to meet you all :)

Winnar

Smash Lord
:D Hiya

Metro said you're not gonna be in oxford for the summer? Does that mean you'll be in Madison? That's like an hour and a half from Starkville iirc?

We should hang out sometime :D

Sangaera

Smash Rookie
Eh? Would Metro Knight happen to be Nick? *looks up and sees Link icon* OSHI-

And yeah, I'll be in Madison all summer. To be honest I'm trying to get an internship and/or get my old job back during the summer so I can't guarantee anything.

Sangaera

Smash Rookie
Forgot to say, I got those replays recorded in case anyone was interested in rewatching them, either for studying or for the lulz. =p

There may have been more replays at that tourney but I only got the ones from the SD card I was carrying around and the ones recorded from people playing on my Wii.

Winnar (Falcon) vs. jcpwn (Marth) in pools: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9yl5RIUSro
Sanga (Marth) vs. RTS (Pit/Marth) in Top 16: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBprpFVAD08 , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ85hmY7NIc
Sanga (Fox) vs. Wakka (Falcon) in Quarterfinals: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULRzV8Y-tBQ
Winnar (Falcon) vs. Cyner (Samus) in Semifinals: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQ7DJj8KDHo
Winnar (Falcon) vs. Sanga (Marth) for 3rd place: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_fTnyKoe0M

Winnar

Smash Lord
Yesssssssssssss

until I watched the last two of me

then it was

raaaaaaaaaaage

Next time we play I'm going to win, that was some major scrub play by me.

thanks for uploading :D

Sangaera

Smash Rookie
Lol. x3 I actually didn't intend to ledgesteal at the end of our match; I jumped and did the first strike of Dancing Blade because it gives a tiny bit of lift, but right as I did that, the ghost platform shot up. I was confused for a second but my thumb was still holding Left on the analog stick, so I got off the platform and grabbed the ledge. xD

Couldn't help but really like some nice moves on your part like the walljump into Bair and the Jab-Grab. Surprise Falcon Dives for the kill were nice, too. x3 But when I saw you chase Cyner off the stage I was like NOOOOOOO! =p

Winnar

Smash Lord
Lol. x3 I actually didn't intend to ledgesteal at the end of our match; I jumped and did the first strike of Dancing Blade because it gives a tiny bit of lift, but right as I did that, the ghost platform shot up. I was confused for a second but my thumb was still holding Left on the analog stick, so I got off the platform and grabbed the ledge. xD

Couldn't help but really like some nice moves on your part like the walljump into Bair and the Jab-Grab. Surprise Falcon Dives for the kill were nice, too. x3 But when I saw you chase Cyner off the stage I was like NOOOOOOO! =p
Yeah I was messing up a toooooooon of stuff like that :(

Next time though!

I wonder when next time will be :(

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
is this tournament in mississippi? i'm new to this site & tournament stuff,but i really wanna get into it. also when is it?

Top Bottom