• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mississippi Thread - MSU Monthlies!

Winnar

Smash Lord
We were talking about a tournament that already happened in Oxford, MS (at Ole Miss)

I'm not sure when the next tournament is, there's not much happening in MS unfortunately :(

What part of MS are you in? (North, South, middle, etc.) I can point you to people around you. The front page is extremely outdated so don't pay attention to that too much.

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
oh so i'm late:( well i'm in southwest MS btw, if ya now something let me know.

Winnar

Smash Lord
There are a few dudes in Biloxi, PM sariku if you want more information on the area.

There isn't much going on in MS so I think at this point it's just sariku and ziggy around there. A few people on allisbrawl said they were in the biloxi area, but we haven't heard back from them at all :(

but yeah I'll keep you posted if I see any tournaments around you

Winnar

Smash Lord
idk if you guys will be wanting to play some smash but sariku and ziggy are in biloxi, I can let them know you guys are in town if you want

Winnar

Smash Lord
sweet, too bad I'm going back to college this week lol

I'll pass the message on to ziggy or sariku if I see them online though, hope the vacation goes well :D

Sangaera

Smash Rookie
If you're near TN you should come chill with the bromosexuals up here.
Were you at the Oxford tourney in April / did I see you? ;o

Also Winnar, do you remember who WTFSnacks was / whether or not he's on these boards?

Winnar

Smash Lord
idk

uh...wtfsnacks? was that one of those hooligans' fake tags?

Yeah bunbun was there he was the guy who hadn't played brawl at all before the tournament so I taught him things

(he mains kirby in melee loooool)

Ambix

Smash Ace
anyone up near southaven or memphis want to get together some time this month?

I need to shake off the rust and get some practice in for FAP.

Sangaera

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I was. </bunbun>
Ah right, you were in my pools along with Metro Knight and WTFSnacks ^^

idk

uh...wtfsnacks? was that one of those hooligans' fake tags?

Yeah bunbun was there he was the guy who hadn't played brawl at all before the tournament so I taught him things

(he mains kirby in melee loooool)
He was the guy who won the whole tourney. I can't get past DeDeDe's Ftilt to save my life ;w; lol

And I'd never played Melee against another human being before that tourney, so feel free to laugh at me more =P

Sangaera

Smash Rookie
I'm still lost at the part where Pokemon Stadium 1 was picked as a Starter over Lylat Cruise.

People actually requested a MetaKnight tourney?....FOR FUN?

/headdesk

-Ran

Smash Master
The goal of our starters is to have five unique neutral levels without having much overlap in terms of what they offer.

Fd - Flat plane.
Smashville - Smaller flat plane + moving platform.
Battlefield - Three platforms + smaller flat plane.
Yoshi's Island - Single platform + no fly under + angles to torment auto-cancels + sidewall to tech spikes.
PS1 - Dynamic stage layouts + no fly under + angles to torment auto-cancels.

Putting Lylat would have been double dipping into the stage design, and would have resulted in putting even more stages into the starter list. This stage list is also what Texas used, up until they started using the MLG lists for their players to practice for the MLG tournament.

For Melee, I cannot really speak about Pokefloats. The stage list was decided upon by our state's Melee back room, much how the Brawl one was.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Pokefloats loooool awesome

that and mushroom kingdom 2 need to make a comeback

Hey Ran NOM looks so legit! I have to try to make it out there sometime, maybe if there's one around august 14th?

-Ran

Smash Master
Commitment check for NomNomNom:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=279450

Brawl is going to have around 30-40 people. Melee looks like it'll hit around the same numbers! Please post in the thread if you intend to come so that we can find you housing. This tournament is going to be amazing. <3

Ps: Winnar, Nom's are always the last Saturday of the month.

Eternal Mangekyo

Smash Rookie
Hello! i will be attending Mississippi State soon in starkville and i am looking for other people to play with,
Hope you can help me out.

My name is Spencer

Winnar

Smash Lord
Yeah we play mainly melee in starkville, but if brawl is your game then most of us will play with you still :D

There are about 4-5 melee players and...about the same amount of brawl players, now that I think of it lol

Philadelphia, MS :O is only an hour from starkville. We should have a smashfest or tournament or something in starkville, see if we can't get some of Memphis to show up :O

Edit - VTS he's on the opposite side of starkville :(

oh speaking of which though, if we're planning on going to memphis then I'll let you know and if you want to drive to starkville I'll drive the rest of the way.

Eternal Mangekyo

Smash Rookie
Yeah we play mainly melee in starkville, but if brawl is your game then most of us will play with you still :D

There are about 4-5 melee players and...about the same amount of brawl players, now that I think of it lol

Philadelphia, MS :O is only an hour from starkville. We should have a smashfest or tournament or something in starkville, see if we can't get some of Memphis to show up :O

Edit - VTS he's on the opposite side of starkville :(

oh speaking of which though, if we're planning on going to memphis then I'll let you know and if you want to drive to starkville I'll drive the rest of the way.
TheJesus said:
Awesome, there are a few of us up here who play. Which game is do you prefer?
ok cool,im a melee player so all should be good.
Do any of them live on campus at MSU?
i'll send you a message or something when im in starkville so i can meet all of yall.
Edit:Or you can come to Memphis before August 11th lol

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, central Arkansas is hosting a multi-game tournament on July 31st in Conway, AR with games such as Brawl, Melee, BlazBlue: CS, Tekken 6, Super Street Fighter 4, and more! I know Nom's tourney is also on the 31st, but we are here for people who want a venue that is closer or perhaps just want to try out an Arkansas tournament. Our last tournament had over 70 people from five different states with a total pot value of over $1000. We'd like to make our tournament even bigger and better than last time. If you're interested please post on the official thread here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=281258 or contact me somehow. You can even just reply here.

Thanks guys for your support!

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
i'm mstly a melee player; brawl was too slow for my taste.

i could drive up to starkville some time; it's only bout an hour drive or so like you said. bout 4/5 hour to get to memphis *takes 3 and a half to reach coast and tupelo*

plus my car isnt in best shape btw; you gotta exucse me tupin; i'm a bit f-ed up. but i'd love to meet up sometime and play some melee; bad thing is i work at mcdonalds and you know how they can be with days off ; they're so random >_< almost never get a weekend off which probally be best time for most people..
bah; i don't even think there's anyone good to play against within a good distance

EDIT: a side note; anyone here goin to the neshoba c ounty fair perhaprs?
*doubts it* anyways i live like 2 minutes from the fair grounds ~_~

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
so uhm....

bumps?
comone what happened to mookie and everyone who lives in this state >_< somoene needs to host atourney w/ some good people... <_< i'll call in if i gotta to make it >_< i'm rady to play someon and get back into the real game..

Winnar

Smash Lord
mookie is in tupelo and doesn't really play anymore, every time I try to get him to come with me to a smashfest or tournament he is busy lol

irl johns?

but yeah I'm going to be hosting a tournament in starkville, probably for brawl to try to get a feel for the casual local scene. I might post it here to let you know when I do, if you want to come by any time during the school year just let me know beforehand to make sure I'll be in town and stuff

Top Bottom