• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mississippi Thread - MSU Monthlies!

Winnar

Smash Lord
I think he's talking about me. Me and two of my friends play smash bros and stuff in Starkville. You can PM me or contact me via AIM (winnarisyou).

We will pretty much play any smash bros game, but most often we play brawl.

Winnar

Smash Lord
:O Awesome!

also check out wikipedia's featured article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

I said what out loud

...I wol'd

P.S. I know NES is going to Zero's tournament near Birmingham, AL. Does anyone else plan to? If anyone in the chad/iori/jack apt. goes with my dop kit then I'll go to it.

Winnar

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=256961

ATTENTION FL, GA, AL, MS, LA, AND ANYONE ELSE WHOM THIS MIGHT APPLY TO

I will be able to host ANYONE who wants to come to this. I live in Starkville, MS, about three and a half hours from the venue.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN BEING HOUSED BY ME

• *VERY IMPORTANT* Tell me ASAP, I MUST know you're coming. The apartment complex has a gate and in order to get in you need my number so that I can let you in. Also if no one tells me they're going to my apartment then I won't be there. This is out of the way for me, and I'm only doing this to help you guys.
  • Bring a SLEEPING BAG - I have a lot of floor room but only one full bed and a couch
  • Bring a TOWEL/SHAMPOO/whatever you might need to take a shower, IF you wish to take one. Don't worry, I won't kick you out for not showering, but I know some of you will want to shower, so be prepared since I only have one towel. Also I only have one shower/bathroom, so be warned about that. It is clean, though.
  • I won't have ANY food in my apartment, but it's a college town and there are a lot of great, cheap restaurants I can recommend to you as well as some chains that stay open late.
  • I doubt this will be a problem, but at some point on the 19th I will be leaving (probably after lunch). When I decide I'm driving home, everyone who's still there has to go, too.
I think I've talked to everyone this applies to, but if anyone south of me lurks and is planning on coming out for the NES n00b remembrance/fundraiser tournament then here you go. Housing and company.

I guess I should also mention I have a lot of tissues handy

Winnar

Smash Lord
Um, hi

Welcome back :o We have a handful of Starkville smashers. We play every smash game, though mainly melee and brawl+. We'd be happy to have you, if you'd like to join us sometime.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Usually we play at our friend's dorm (Griffis) on campus since everyone else has laggy LCD TV's.

I'm not sure when we'll play, maybe as early as today. I doubt we'll play today what with projects and finals to study for. Definitely this Friday/Saturday I think.

Though if we do play today I'll be sure to post here to let you know.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Mississippi is so dead, but I thought I might as well post this
I'm gonna be visiting Waveland alot on the weekends now. If there's anything going on in that area please let me know.

Winnar knows me, but I feel I should introduce myself.

I'm from Louisiana and I'm Lafayette's Tournament Organizer. I play GW, Rob, MK, and Lucas. Our family have a vacation home in New Orleans that we visit often (normally on weekends) and my girlfriend lives in Waveland (only 45 minutes/1 hour from NOLA) so I'll be going visit her and I thought that while I'm there I could play with some new people.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Would that be something for me to get if I lived in MS? Lol.
lol

Curlz nah it'd be something for you to get if you played melee

Also I don't know who is around that area or where that is but if it's near Biloxi then Sariku and Ziggy are near there and I think a few people on allisbrawl are also in ocean springs (two or so). You'd definitely have more success with Sariku and Ziggy though.

BunBun

Smash Master
*facepalm*

Lol it's okay.

Wavelanding is something they took out for brawl. It's like wavedashing, but you do it out of a complete jump.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Also I don't know who is around that area or where that is but if it's near Biloxi then Sariku and Ziggy are near there and I think a few people on allisbrawl are also in ocean springs (two or so). You'd definitely have more success with Sariku and Ziggy though.
Waveland is 15 minutes from Biloxi. I'll try to get in touch with them.
Would AiB be a better place for me to get in touch with MS brawlers? I joined the MS group, but there's only 11 people on there.

Winnar

Smash Lord
I dunno, maybe. I think there are like...2 people on there around Biloxi. They're at Ocean Springs which is right next to Biloxi I think.

MS doesn't really have smashers on smashboards.

Winnar

Smash Lord
lol Be my guest, not really sure if it's even possible at this point.

I dunno I could probably get some brawl interest around my college but if you don't have one of those I don't know if it'd even be possible

Curlz

Smash Lord
If anyone is out there,

I'm hosting a tournament from February 26th - 28th that I'm trying to get some hype for. Its going to have Brawl, Melee, and Brawl+ along with other fighters such as Tekken, Street Fighter, BlazBlue, etc.

Here's the thread for more info:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=262295

Please let me know if you can come. It would really be great to some new people.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Hi again Curlz :)

I thiiiiiiiink I might pass on yours too (wow I feel so lame this is two awesome tournaments in two days I've passed up) for the same reason.

I'm a loser who doesn't like driving 6 and a half hours for tournaments D: Sorrrrrrrry

Although you might get Sariku and Ziggy from Biloxi. It's possible?

PrinceAlias

Smash Journeyman
The AU game crew of Auburn University would like to extend an invitation to all Mississippi players to come to the That Ain't Falco Tounament

for more info plz visit our thread or contact me

Thread Link: That Ain't Falco

Here are just a few of well known players that are confirmed

Reflex - Alabama
Kismet- Georgia
Big Lou- Georgia
Holy Chef- Florida
Will_ - Alabama
and over 50 more

so plz don't hesitate to come.

Thanks

stealth3654

Smash Lord
The AU game crew of Auburn University would like to extend an invitation to all Mississippi players to come to the That Ain't Falco Tounament

for more info plz visit our thread or contact me

Thread Link: That Ain't Falco

Here are just a few of well known players that are confirmed

Reflex - Alabama
Kismet- Georgia
Big Lou- Georgia
Holy Chef- Florida
Will_ - Alabama
and over 50 more

so plz don't hesitate to come.

Thanks
Actually, BigLou needs 2 more people to ride with him for him to be able to come. Will_ didn't say anything that I saw about attending this tourney, and Holy Chef said probably.

Right now, we have over 30 confirmed and over 50 interested.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Yo Mississippians! Where you at?

I know it's unlikely but if there are any lurkers then post here please :D

I'm in Starkville and I have 4 other friends here who love playing smash (melee is our favorite but we like all smash so no worries)

And if you're not in Starkville or anywhere near us then that's okay post here anyway, post here anyway :D

Wolfeye

Smash Apprentice
I still exist, despite all evidence to the contrary.
Kinda lost my connection to the Smash Community around here since NES died (RIP Ryan :crying:).

But yeah, I'm in Oxford and play Melee. Not sure how much free time I have, and I don't do long drives, but I'm still around. So far I've only been to the smashfests/tournaments in Southhaven, and it has been a while since I even went there.

p.s. anybody going to MidSouthCon? I might be going (it's in Memphis, March 12-14).

Wolfeye

Smash Apprentice
Well it looks like I'm not going now anyway, since the two main people I thought I was going with are now just going straight home. Is the Southhaven group going to SMYM?
If my friend Blitzbolt is going (Houston/St. Louis) I might be able to go.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Well it looks like I'm not going now anyway, since the two main people I thought I was going with are now just going straight home. Is the Southhaven group going to SMYM?
If my friend Blitzbolt is going (Houston/St. Louis) I might be able to go.
Myztek/Hyperdragon should be going, and they're pretty much "the Southaven group" now that Chad's in Huntsville and Iori and I are back in Memphis. But it looks like there will be multiple cars leaving from around here (Southaven, Memphis, and then the Arkansas people should be coming through Memphis as well), so if you can make it up here, you've got a ride.

BunBun

Smash Master
Afaik, my car is currently me, jack, handy, and....I think that's it. I'd like one more, simply for gas costs xD
4 is optimal, 5 is possible.

Top Bottom