• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mississippi Thread - MSU Monthlies!

Winnar

Smash Lord
Here you can find where there are other smashers in MS. Post your location and main characters. Also, if you have some videos of yourself that you would like to be posted here, just provide the link and info (characters/players/stage).

-Nearby tournaments-

MSU Weeklies+Monthlies: 1/8/11

-Brawl-
Biloxi - Sariku - Lucario/Marth/Sonic

Booneville - bigj_justin - ?????

Hattiesburg - Cervial - Sheik/Zelda/Marth
Hattiesburg - EvanC - Toon Link/Ike/Jigglypuff

Madison - biohazard930 - Yoshi/R.O.B./Olimar

Ocean Springs - Mario766 - Ike/Mario/Link/Bowser/Captain Falcon/Falco/Marth

Oxford - NES n00b - RIP :\

Richland - Midguy - ?????

Ridgeland - TheJesus - Peach

Starkville - 3GOD - Wario/Falco/Zero Suit Samus/Peach
Starkville - biohazard930 - Yoshi/R.O.B./Olimar
Starkville - Clint Beastwood - Mr. Game & Watch
Starkville - MookieRah - R.O.B./Samus/Sonic
Starkville - Winnar - Peach/Snake/Falco
Starkville - PeculiarZero - Kirby/Lucas
Starkville - Chef - Metaknight/Mr. Game & Watch

Tupelo - Baky - Wolf/Donkey Kong/Lucario/Snake/Meta Knight
Tupelo - Clint Beastwood - Mr. Game & Watch
Tupelo - Kevin - Diddy Kong/Falco/Marth/Ness
Tupelo - MookieRah - R.O.B./Samus/Sonic

-Videos-

Winnar's channel

-Melee-
Biloxi - Sariku.Uchiha - Marth/Peach
Biloxi - Varuna - Captain Falcon

Clinton - Chris - ?????
Clinton - Steve - Yoshi
Clinton - Pat - Sheik

Hattiesburg - EvanC - Sheik/Marth/Jigglypuff

Laurel - Terashox - ?????

Madison - biohazard930 - Yoshi/Jigglypuff/Ice Climbers
Madison - Shai Hulud - Fox/Ice Climbers/Marth

Magee - James - Yoshi/Marth

Mize - Spaz - Dr. Mario/Link
Mize - Pain - Peach/Ganondorf
Mize - Drew - Samus
Mize - Walt - Falco/Fox/Shiek

Oxford - NES n00b - Link/Captain Falcon

Philadelphia - Gaming Freak - Doctor Mario
Philadelphia - Todd - Link/Captain Falcon/Sheik

Southaven - Myztek - Falco
Southaven - Chad - Pikachu
Southaven - Ambix - Peach

Starkville - 3GOD - Marth/Fox
Starkville - Shai Hulud - Fox/Ice Climbers/Marth
Starkville - MookieRah - Marth/Captain Falcon
Starkville - Will - Marth/Mario
Starkville - D - Marth
Starkville - Robert (not Scrib) - ??????
Starkville - pwnzone - Ness
Starkville - Matt Martin - Sheik
Starkville - biohazard930 - Yoshi/Jigglypuff/Ice Climbers
Starkville - Dun - Samus
Starkville - Winnar - Marth

Tupelo - MookieRah - Marth/Captain Falcon
Tupelo - Will - Marth/Mario
Tupelo - jcpwn - Doctor Mario/Samus
Tupelo - pwnzone - Ness
Tupelo - Sonny - Fox/Peach

3GOD

Smash Ace
Southaven is pretty close to Memphis right? I appreciate you guys keepin it real by claiming MS as your state!

By the way, I want to host a tournament in my home town of Starkville during the Christmas holidays. What would people think about December 27th? It's the wednesday after Christmas...should let people get their family stuff taken care of, and maybe they'll have money to spend then.

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
put me down as Gaming Freak.
i live in philadelphia, and play Doctor Mario as a main.

btw, there's weekly tournaments held on the coast at the Gametrader store in the Edgewater Mall in Bilouxi every Tuesday at 5 pm.
thers' also weeklies fridays at 6 at the Game Theory store in Flowood, around jackson somewhere.
but the first time i went to that store, no one showed up <_< sucked..

anywyas, that's just some random info, nothin just really great, but it beats having no tournaments if anyone just wanted to go and play some smash for a few hours. no cash prizes on the coast, but they said there would be some at the one in jackson.

also, put my firend, Todd - Philadelphia - Captain Falcon.

the 27th as far as i know right now sounds good, but i won't know till closer to then. my friend may not be able to make it, but like i said, no clue until basically last minute *not quite, but about a week before or so*

btw, where at in Starkville are you wanting/thinking about holding it?

3GOD

Smash Ace
Thanks for posting! I really haven't established a venue yet. There are a few hotels here, and some of them have ballrooms/reception areas. Probably one of those places unless I can find a good place on campus to have it.

mexicanmax227

Smash Apprentice
**** haha thats tight i thougt me and my boys were the only ones in ms. We having a tourny 2nite at 9pm in Clinton MS but there are about 15-20 smashers here but only about 5 of us are ............uhhhhhhhhhhhhh..decent ametuer lvl but man call us up if u want 2 come 2 nite. I know its all of a sudden but heres my #601-519-5538 and here are some smashers

Chris uhhh anyone but peach
Steve yoshi My little Bro is nasty with yoshi
Pat sheik
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?

mexicanmax227

Smash Apprentice
Hey man set a certain day @ go to game theory for smash cuz my friends used to go there for halo yall talk to me about that flowood cuz my sis lives so close so yall call me and tell me and tell me what day yall want to go to flowood or just meet up.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
LOL, Joel man, we hang out in starkville and play smash and you haven't even put my name down. Silly Joel. Toss me in there, as well as Will, D, and Robert.

You might as well toss on JC, Scrib, Matt Martin, and Sonny. While they aren't very active smashers, they are better than 99.99999999999% of the smash players in MS.

3GOD

Smash Ace
Hey man set a certain day @ go to game theory for smash cuz my friends used to go there for halo yall talk to me about that flowood cuz my sis lives so close so yall call me and tell me and tell me what day yall want to go to flowood or just meet up.
@mexicanmax227 - I guess you are the guy named Chris?

LOL, Joel man, we hang out in starkville and play smash and you haven't even put my name down. Silly Joel. Toss me in there, as well as Will, D, and Robert.

You might as well toss on JC, Scrib, Matt Martin, and Sonny. While they aren't very active smashers, they are better than 99.99999999999% of the smash players in MS.
LOL yeah I know we play probably once a week or so, but I was kind of trying to make this thread such that only those who posted would be listed. On second thought, maybe I should just post people who we know play/played.

mexicanmax227

Smash Apprentice
yeah man im chris and my little bro won a tourny yesterday. And the sad thing was that he was yoshi da whole time. Im nnot gonna say i was trying but...........uhhhhhhhhhhh....well hes really good alright. But yeah im chris and i play with pretty much anyone(except peach)

3GOD

Smash Ace
Good job on the tournament placing! Where was it and how many people? You guys need to post when/where tournaments are gonna be taking place.

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
"Good job on the tournament placing! Where was it and how many people? You guys need to post when/where tournaments are gonna be taking place."

as posted above:

(11-15-2006, 09:18 PM #5
Cursed Yoma

btw, there's weekly tournaments held on the coast at the Gametrader store in the Edgewater Mall in Bilouxi every Tuesday at 5 pm.
thers' also weeklies fridays at 6 at the Game Theory store in Flowood, around jackson somewhere.
but the first time i went to that store, no one showed up <_< sucked..)

the one i went to was in Bilouxi.

not many people this time, around 8 people *very small*. only 3 good people were there *me, my friend, and his friend mainly*

everyone else, wasnt' that great, but eh, ia tourney is a tourney for me when i have no one to really plya..

btw, could you change todd to Link/CF/Sheik?

since he's picked up sheik now also >->

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Sorry to invade you all thread. Just want to let you guys know there's a tourney going down in Mobile, Al on the 16th of Dec and it falls on a Saturday. Singles 10$ and Teams 15$. It would be appriciated if you could bring T.V's, Cubes, and Power strips. Thank you.

3GOD

Smash Ace
Updated the first post with some info about people as well as tournaments...

Also, come boost your power ranking in Starkville 2 days after Christmas.

biohazard930

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I'm Nathan.

I live in Madison (around Jackson), but go to college in Starkville.

I alternate between Yoshi and Jigglypuff for my mains, but I'll also use the Ice Climbers.

3GOD

Smash Ace
Cool - you should come to the tournament in Starkville on the 27th...also we need to play when you get back to school here.

Team_SOAP

Smash Rookie
Team SOAP would like to post two players for this. We're located in Mize, MS. We realize you have never heard of it, we're fine with that.

1. Spaz - Dr. Mario/Link (both)
2. Pain - Peach/Gannondorf

There are other players in the area, but they aren't in our Team. We have a tournament in the works, please PM for information.

-Team SOAP

3GOD

Smash Ace
Team SOAP would like to post two players for this. We're located in Mize, MS. We realize you have never heard of it, we're fine with that.

1. Spaz - Dr. Mario/Link (both)
2. Pain - Peach/Gannondorf

There are other players in the area, but they aren't in our Team. We have a tournament in the works, please PM for information.

-Team SOAP
You should come to the Starkville tournament on the 27th - I'm adding you to the list at the top of this thread.

Team_SOAP

Smash Rookie
Is there an entry fee??

Btw, there are a few relatively good players that live near us. I'll add them just to make the list longer.

From Mize:
Drew- Samus
Walt- Falco/Fox/Shiek

From Magee:
James- Yoshi/Marth

3GOD

Smash Ace
Is there an entry fee??

Btw, there are a few relatively good players that live near us. I'll add them just to make the list longer.

From Mize:
Drew- Samus
Walt- Falco/Fox/Shiek

From Magee:
James- Yoshi/Marth
It's $15 for singles entry, $20 per team in doubles, and $5 for low tier. Here is the thread for it:

3GOD Presents: Boost Your Power Ranking - 12/27 - Starkville, MS

You should come if you can - even if you don't enter the tournament, there should be a fair amount of friendly play going on.

Team_SOAP

Smash Rookie
Well my friends and I have been looking for some competition for a while now. We probably wont be able to come to this tourny since it wuz short notice on our part, but if you let us know about upcoming tournies, we'll def. be there. And btw, whats the cash prize for the winner?

Team_SOAP

Smash Rookie
Is anyone hosting a tournament anytime soon? Maybe my friends and I could host one if no one is in the near future.

3GOD

Smash Ace
Is anyone hosting a tournament anytime soon? Maybe my friends and I could host one if no one is in the near future.
I don't know of anything nearby for the next couple of months...I think the INNsomnia biweeklies may even be on hold for a while. If you host one, it's highly likely that I'll show up and bring Dun too...if you're in southern MS, you might get some Florida and Louisiana guys to show up too.

Post when you come up with a date and location!

J.rudolph

Smash Apprentice
hey, if you guys could come to the mobile,alabama biweeklies theres one this saturday on the 13th postin the biweekliy thread if you are coming and bringing something

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Yo 3God, It's taking place in Prichard, Al and the time of the tourney 2p.m., 1 p.m. - 2 p.m. are warmups 2 p.m. the tournry is going to start. I might do a low tier touney that day to the price of it might be like $2 or something like that.

Top Bottom