• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mississippi Thread - MSU Monthlies!

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
So last night, i played melee for the first time since february. It quickly became clear why I remember brawl feeling so slow, and also that I now suck at melee, I couldn't wave dash correctly, I could barely pull off my moves correctly and I just flat out didn't remember my combos. Does anyone who is really good at melee live near Yazoo City? If so I need a serious refresher course on melee...

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
lolMS

no tourneys? events? get togethers?

MS fails so inconceivably hard.
I'll play you some Melee over Christmas break if you want. You said you're not that far from Madison, right?

I'll also be going to Memphis at some point...and possibly Baton Rouge. If you want to play Smash in Mississippi you really have to travel, even for friendlies. Driving three hours for friendlies is kind of sad but at least gas is cheap right now. Man, what happened to this state... there actually used to be some pretty good Smashers here but they all scrubbed out.

Oh well, I'll be out of here in another seven months or so. Hopefully Melee won't be dead by then.

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
I'll play you some Melee over Christmas break if you want. You said you're not that far from Madison, right?

I'll also be going to Memphis at some point...and possibly Baton Rouge. If you want to play Smash in Mississippi you really have to travel, even for friendlies. Driving three hours for friendlies is kind of sad but at least gas is cheap right now. Man, what happened to this state... there actually used to be some pretty good Smashers here but they all scrubbed out.

Oh well, I'll be out of here in another seven months or so. Hopefully Melee won't be dead by then.
Melee's already dead to me. I stopped playing when brawl came out, then I went back and tried to play recently, I failed at it, horribly. None of my friends even want to play it anymore.

We had some good times, R.I.P. Melee

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
should rethink that you can't spread cancer from 1 person to another but you can transfer aids and other diseases.
He didn't say it was communicable. Plus I think the gist is well-understood. The attitude that Melee is already dead so why play it is what's killing Melee. It makes no sense, because Cyner acts like he enjoys the game (maybe more than Brawl even) but it's dead so he won't play it anymore. That's nonsense. As long as people play the game it's not dead. Granted almost nobody plays in MS but that's nothing new--they stopped playing long before Brawl came out.

Wolfeye

Smash Apprentice
Hey Shai, I *might* be able to play you right before I head home for the holidays (sometime between the 11th and 13th) since I stop in Madison to stay with family for 1 night before driving all the way to Houston. It probably won't be for very long though, even if I can.

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
You guys fail at understanding.

I don't play it because nobody else I know plays it. I only play brawl with other people and I'll only play Melee with other people. No one I know plays Melee anymore, that's it. It's not that I hate it or I'm burning it at the stake for being an old game. Just like no one will play Guilty Gear AC or DoA4. Those games collect dust cause I'm not gonna sit around fighting the CPU all the time.

Melee is a totally different game than Brawl and is an enjoyable one but MS is not a state that supports gaming and it shows.

Chad you must really love Melee to compare someone to cancer. Even if i hated Melee, it's really not that serious.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
You guys fail at understanding.

I don't play it because nobody else I know plays it. I only play brawl with other people and I'll only play Melee with other people. No one I know plays Melee anymore, that's it. It's not that I hate it or I'm burning it at the stake for being an old game. Just like no one will play Guilty Gear AC or DoA4. Those games collect dust cause I'm not gonna sit around fighting the CPU all the time.

Melee is a totally different game than Brawl and is an enjoyable one but MS is not a state that supports gaming and it shows.

Chad you must really love Melee to compare someone to cancer. Even if i hated Melee, it's really not that serious.
You can still go to tournaments and stuff. You may have to drive a bit but it's worth it. To me at least. Granted having no one to practice with is a pretty big deterrent and I understand completely if you can't get past that barrier. I'm not really mad at people like you anyway, who like the game but have noone to play with. I'm just mad at the 3 - 4 other kids in Starkville who are actually decent but won't even do friendlies with me, which takes like zero effort on their part as I'm generally willing to drive wherever. I used to live NEXT DOOR to scrib and could only get him to play friendlies with me once, for like, two hours. Everybody just quit, it makes me sad. :(

Somebody go yell at MookieRah and make him get all the Starkville / Tupelo kids back into Melee. There used to be like 10 - 15 decent Smashers in this area. They started to quit when I started playing. I guess my purple Fox just scares people.

3GOD needs to edit the Melee list and erase everybody but me, him, and n00b, because Chad and Myztek don't even live in MS anymore (I think...) and nobody else plays. Oh and this Oxford guy apparently (that you Wolfeye?)

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
1. My car is less than dependable
2. People can get to yazoo!
3. I'm moving to Memphis soon.
1. Who is in Yazoo and why would anyone go there when there are closer places with more smashers at better skill levels?

2. See above.

3. Maybe you should look at number one a third time to sink in.

Edit: Memphis has more Melee players than Brawl players now so no johns.

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
Well I know oxford is a lot closer to memphis, however I still suck at melee(<-john) and need someone to reintroduce me to it. Who lives in Memphis that I can play against, in Melee AND Brawl? Not just Melee you prejudice n00b.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Well I know oxford is a lot closer to memphis, however I still suck at melee(<-john) and need someone to reintroduce me to it. Who lives in Memphis that I can play against, in Melee AND Brawl? Not just Melee you prejudice n00b.
I actually have no idea. Does darklink still play people? Help me out people in Memphis? LOL

Seriously, there is very little barwl up there. I don't think even Handorin still plays. You need to go to Alabama or something for that. For Melee talk to DML ie. -Chad-, ihavespaceballs, and Dark Iori Yagami (I think that is his full name on the boards lol I dunno i just call him iori).

Being bad at Melee is not a legitimate john or else I would have stopped playing a long time ago.

Wolfeye

Smash Apprentice
3GOD needs to edit the Melee list and erase everybody but me, him, and n00b, because Chad and Myztek don't even live in MS anymore (I think...) and nobody else plays. Oh and this Oxford guy apparently (that you Wolfeye?)
Yeah, that's me (when school's in session).

Cyner needs to learn how to get to oxford. Where we have two people now!!!!! We will be the new center of Midsouth smash. lawl
So sad >_>

you can try checking this thread and contacting people:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=83917

Wolfeye

Smash Apprentice
So at the moment it looks like:

I'll be in Oxford through Thursday (wanna play NES n00b? I haven't seen you on AIM in a while)

I'll be in Madison on Friday (decent chance of me being able to play Shai, providing family there doesn't have plans already or something)

and I'll be on my way home to Houston on Saturday

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
I'll be in Madison on Friday (decent chance of me being able to play Shai, providing family there doesn't have plans already or something)
Yay playing new people! :bee:

I'm PMing you my number.

Oh and Mookierah, play Melee with me sometime you meanie. We haven't played since the beginning of the semester.

Top Bottom