• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mississippi Thread - MSU Monthlies!

DarkPhoenix87

Smash Apprentice
Oh, don't get me wrong, I'll take any chance to play any of the SSB games. It's just that I prefer Melee to the other two. I'll make sure to brush up on my Brawl so you brawlers will have someone to play against too. In Brawl I play a lot of characters like in Melee. Probably more than 20.

If I didn't mention it already, I will be able to travel around the state on a regular basis because I'll have weekends off. Don't think I'm joking when I say I want to be a regular. =)

Well at least semi-regular. I won't be playing EVERY weekend.

Once I know some of you I might even be able to carpool the 300+ miles to Memphis for tourneys and ****.

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
Memphis doesn't have a lot of tournies unfortunately, but GA holds them occasionally
when I move up there I'll find a way to host them. The ones I'm running now are to give me experience in running them. Thinking about making my way up there in january, now to find an IT position...

Vts

Smash Champion
Hey iori since my phone blows we will how up around 2-3 pm plan on leaving here like at noon or maybe little after.

but yeah we plan on staying the night if thats cool (penny money matches til my $1 is gone :D)

but should be 3-4 people no answer from other right now but its me and ace coming trying to get saber/chamberlin to come more info later.

D

Deleted member

everyone should come to the louisiana tournament on the 22nd of nov.!

woohoo!

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
What do you guys think of bi-weeklies? Every two weeks holding a tourney but switching between singles and doubles. I have that singles tourney coming up on Nov 7, then two weeks later I could run a doubles, and so forth until I leave this terrible state.

DarkPhoenix87

Smash Apprentice
I will be in ocean springs for summer and winter....so why don't you look me up then. Also look up the biloxi people. Those are the only people near there besides ragnarock in Mobile.....>________>
I definitely will. KOkingpin said good things about you.

You say Biloxi people...that's exciting to me, because even having one other competitive player to play with would be great. I know most of the Mississippi crowd bemoans the lack of competition, but hopefully we can make something of this state or region.

elastickub

Smash Cadet
^Gulfport, eh?

I'll be living in Biloxi next year, if you'll still be there in Gulfport I'll be able to play you pretty regularly if you're up for it, since it's not too far of a drive.

Btw, I'm Phoenix everyone, and like I said, I'll be living in Biloxi pretty soon (by February 15th I believe). I've never been to a tournament, but I recently hung out with KOkingpin (Tennessee smasher) and played a couple hours of smash with him. He can vouch for my skill. I'm very dedicated to improving, and I'm looking forward to becoming a regular in the Mississippi smash crowd.

I main Ganondorf and Mario, and I low-tier DK, Mewtwo, and Roy. I also play Doc, Falcon, Falco, Fox, Sheik, Link, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and Marth as secondaries. I'm good with a few others; no one worth mentioning, but I'm always improving and expanding my game.

So, this is just me saying hi. I won't be able to play any of you for a while, but if you think the MS area is dry, hopefully this can give you a bit of a reason to keep practicing your Melee.

I also play Brawl and 64, but my main game is definitely Melee.

(I also am interested in Tekken/Soul Calibur if anyone else is, though I'm nowhere near as good in those games as in Melee)
thats wasup

DarkPhoenix87

Smash Apprentice
Oh god, not egg time. I forgot who I was playing against him with, but I couldn't hit him for like 30 seconds. Hahaha

But yeah man, seriously, he said you improved a lot between two times that you played him, and he was like, whoa. So hopefully I can give you a good match and/or the other way around.

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
*bump* because the smash population of smash MS rose from a couple to a few.
If some of you Melee guys were close by I'd get back into Melee, but right now I'm only messing with Brawl. Everyone I know does brawl and I really enjoy the game. If I actually move to memphis it'll be a lot closer to southaven and oxford.

We played Brawl for like 7 hours yesterday... 1v1, 2v2, FFA, loads of fun and today I have a gaming hangover.

DarkPhoenix87

Smash Apprentice
Hah, you guys don't know how good you have it. Nevada is empty as far as serious smashers go. There might be some in Vegas, but certainly not in mid/northern Nevada. And South Carolina was even worse.

The fact that you have even played people who have played in tournaments is impressive to me. But now at least I've played one guy and hung with him pretty well (by the end of the night, our kill ratio was like every 100 he had, I had 59 or so; plus I won a few matches here and there).

Now I'm only taking my game higher. I'm playing with more of a killer instinct. And ever since he introduced me to Bum's DK, I've upgraded DK to a main (yeah, I haven't been keeping up with the community, but I'm getting back into it).

DarkPhoenix87

Smash Apprentice
New info, I just found out that I'll only be in Mississippi for four months, not a year as I previously thought.

But I will still be there sometime in February.

DarkPhoenix87

Smash Apprentice
I'm moving there in early February 2009, and I think...I'll be there until sometime in early June.

Sorry if there was any confusion about when I was moving to MS. =X

KenAlleman

Smash Rookie
Any of MS's melee players going to Louisiana's Last II?
This will give me a good chance to meet a few of you before I move there. =P

Top Bottom