• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MILK 2: Official date coming soon

Prawn

Smash Master
Prawn, with the time constraints you should run singles first and here are my reason's.

1. People are coming out of state and are probably going to be taking time of work and obviously are paying for transportation and would like to be guaranteed their matches in at least singles.

2. You are probably not going to have any TV's for friendlies anyways because of the time constraints so why are you going to have people just wait around when they paid the venue fee.

3. If for some reason time runs out and you have to cancel the tourney matches it will look very bad for you as a TO and you will probably lose players for your next tourney, especially the players who are coming out of state because they know that their money is not going to be refunded.

4. It seems like players are thinking about not going anyways because of the time constraints and if you at least make singles first they might try harder to make it out because they know their singles matches will get done with no issues to worry about.

If anybody else agrees with me on this then post up but the final decision is with Prawn. I hope it works out for everybody.
the schedule is staying doubles first, I'm fairly confident everything will run smoothly.

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
As long as I don't pink shinobi this thing start to finish it'll finish on time.
Also, if out of state arives late, then i think they'd rather miss doubles then singles. just IMO
Edit yeah this starts at 9:00 AM so I doubt everyone's gonna be on time.

Prawn

Smash Master
As long as I don't pink shinobi this thing start to finish it'll finish on time.
Also, if out of state arives late, then i think they'd rather miss doubles then singles. just IMO
Edit yeah this starts at 9:00 AM so I doubt everyone's gonna be on time.
you read my mind you handsome devil.

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
So we are going to support people being late even though you have given everybody a month's notice? I don't see Pound or Cataclysm doing this so why should this be acceptable to anybody else running tourney's? It shouldn't matter if there coming out of state with a month's notice. I personally think people shouldn't be shown special treatment when they have enough notice to plan ahead. It's like I said before if Pound or Cataclysm isn't doing it then why should you?

Roman.

Smash Champion

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
Tom, Doubles first isn't Special Treatment. It's the way things have been done and they way they can be done. If anything we're accommodating for some of the regions finest, and running the tournament in a format that everyone's comfortable with.

Prawn

Smash Master
yeah its staying this way whether you like it or not tom

sorry bro thats just real talk.

if you don't want to come then don't no one is forcing you lol

edit: also.

friendly my ganon/jiggs ya'll?

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
Tom, Doubles first isn't Special Treatment. It's the way things have been done and they way they can be done. If anything we're accommodating for some of the regions finest, and running the tournament in a format that everyone's comfortable with.
yeah its staying this way whether you like it or not tom

sorry bro thats just real talk.

if you don't want to come then don't no one is forcing you lol

edit: also.

friendly my ganon/jiggs ya'll?
I figured you weren't going to change it but my latest post(besides this one) was to argue about the tardiness of players and it being accepted by most TO's and especially to high level players and out of state ones. I will end this argument but I still feel the same and hope this runs smoothly.

Will there be friendly TV's for practice before singles?

Prawn

Smash Master
I figured you weren't going to change it but my latest post(besides this one) was to argue about the tardiness of players and it being accepted by most TO's and especially to high level players and out of state ones. I will end this argument but I still feel the same and hope this runs smoothly.

Will there be friendly TV's for practice before singles?
Yes there should be, and as you can see from my first post tardiness will NOT be accepted.

10:15 doubles registration ends

IF YOU ARE NOT HERE BY THIS TIME AND HAVE NOT CONTACTED ME TO SEED YOU IN BRACKET YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO ENTER.

even IF you call I wouldn't push 10:30 unless you wanna get dq'd from your first bracket match.

i'm gonna be a **** about it so deal.

Prawn

Smash Master
nah I'm just gonna do it as I see fit, this will not be organized/big/have enough help to fully enforce a rule like that.

Although most of you should understand that it will not take much for me to DQ you, treat it like the mages' rule.

also if you are leaving for more than 1 min you need to let me know so i dont get confused.
kthx

Almo

Smash Ace
nah roman, you can go about a tournament like you normally would.

Prawn

Smash Master
yeah i like it to be slightly quiet, as in not every mother****ing person yelling at grand finals, but honestly those kinds of things don't get out of hand at smaller tournys like this (AFAIK) so its straight

Banks

Smash Hero
we are going to try our best to be there as close to 9am as possible, but if we get there at like 9:10 and are DQ'd or something that'd be gay

i'll call people who are there to let them know our status as we drive. i say this because we will be driving people who are 45 mins north of US, and it takes 2 hours to get to the venue from our house. >___>

gonna be an early morning

xHayatox

Smash Lord
ill bwing my nintendo why and tv so that means how far is the library from the parking spot?!

oh em gee unit its fackin banks ;o kit is absolutely l33t :o cant wait to pureee again : D even though i fackin suck

im leaving at 8am... its a good 45 min to 1 hr drive.. so dont dq me puriiisu

Proverbs

Smash Lord
I might be there if I end up going with Mafia. I think everyone who plays Falcon exclusively should need to lose twice to go into losers, and twice to be knocked out. Figure out how to make a bracket like that :D

Banks

Smash Hero
i can't wait to shrek ditto you hayaatooo!

proverbs that could be done by creating a falcon bracket that falcons go to after losing in losers, and then going to a falcon losers bracket after losing in the falcon bracket

if you make it to grand finals you have to win four sets

this would work

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
If your not going to screw around and enforce things like you say you are then great. I will be there at 9am and hopefully nothing comes up that would make me miss this.

XSkyShadowX

Smash Apprentice
everyone xcan make it on time if they schedule right and use time wisely. just leave extra early. to get there either right on time or early. better safe den sorry.

Falco (MOP)

Smash Journeyman
Ayyyoooo all. MOP with the update for y'all. First of all, the Marlboro (the Vermont one) crew (aka me and nate...maybe john) is planning on coming. I'm trying to convince Wuss to come, but he's a weenie without a car :(. but he might be bringing a friend. Second, I have a ****ed up arm. Dislocated and fractured, had to get surgery, 2 screws in my elbow, the whole shee-bang. So IDK if i'll be good enough to enter by the 20th. Only time will tell. And last. AOI you best be there...living in Marlborough and all.

That is all, hyping so much I can't feel my toes.

/HYPEEE

~MOP

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
really irish mafia?

yull mm him when he has a broken arm and can barely play?

Prawn

Smash Master
we are going to try our best to be there as close to 9am as possible, but if we get there at like 9:10 and are DQ'd or something that'd be gay

i'll call people who are there to let them know our status as we drive. i say this because we will be driving people who are 45 mins north of US, and it takes 2 hours to get to the venue from our house. >___>

gonna be an early morning
If you guys are there by 10 you will be golden.

Any later than that I'd be safe and call ahead, it isn't hard to just put you in the computer and have you pay later.

Top Bottom