• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MILK 2: Official date coming soon

IronChief

Smash Journeyman
As you heard most of Maine will be there and I will also be there for sure. People better watch out for this Falcon it's Jeff 2.0 .

THE MORGUE

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Does anybody actually think the tourney is going to end before 5?

Hero 13

Smash Apprentice
...seriously; gonna have to agree with zoso
no way this can all happen and end b4 five..
its w/e I'll still attend tho

Prawn

Smash Master
k doubles starts at 10:15 now to get as much time as possible.

how big is this gonna be D: lol i was so sure we'd finish on time

Foy

Smash Champion
Totally Maybe Perhaps A Possibility that Upstate NY might be down for this. Ill talk to the ******s over here and see if they are up for it.

Almo

Smash Ace
melee kids are usually good with setups.

last time there was a tournament at this venue there were about 8 or 9 setups for 17 teams and 33 singles entrants. and it was brawl...and everything finished before 5 except singles grand finals.

i'm pretty sure it will finish unless this tournament has 50 attendees. or everyone wants to play peach samus or puff.

Prawn

Smash Master
yeee we got this

again bring a tv and a cube/wii or whatevs and the venue fee is NADAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Prawn

Smash Master
the auditorium isn't free its actually quite expensive to rent all day like this, however i do get it relatively cheap because I work there. I just made a deal with my supervisor to collect a 5 dollar venue fee from everyone who comes and to give it to him.

however I told him it'd be best to do the tv/cube free venue thing and he agreed.

LINKaTINK

Smash Cadet
Is there any1 in the boston area driving to this or looking for a doubles partner? My smash crew has dispersed with college...so I need a partner,,,and possibly a ride!

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
Prawn, wouldn't it be better to run singles first? I mean at least the players who don't have a teammate can get their matches in and not have to worry about not playing. If there is a venue fee and people are coming from out of state these players are expecting to have their matches run as smoothly as possible. It would work out for everybody if singles are run first instead of last, I mean if there is an issue with time are you going to refund the money of the players who don't get to play their matches?

xHayatox

Smash Lord
im fackin sick of this fackin po0p. im fackin comin to this. lets play this fackin game shall we. nee neee neeeee????

Prawn

Smash Master
Prawn, wouldn't it be better to run singles first? I mean at least the players who don't have a teammate can get their matches in and not have to worry about not playing. If there is a venue fee and people are coming from out of state these players are expecting to have their matches run as smoothly as possible. It would work out for everybody if singles are run first instead of last, I mean if there is an issue with time are you going to refund the money of the players who don't get to play their matches?
:dizzy:

maybe, I'll think about it and post an official answer tomorrow I guess.

As of right now I don't see this being 40+ and if its not I truly believe everything will run smoothly. But I'll ponder it for a day or two

Banks

Smash Hero
People can come to my house after the tourney I guess, I live 15 minutes away from this.
this would make our car ( five people) much more likely to go to this than saffron in jersey

NJ is like a 5 hour drive, and all we want is a day of smash. so a tourney + housing that involves playing smash would be ideal rofl

Prawn

Smash Master
what.

the.

**** it. we'll finish on time. lets just keep it the same

ZoSo

Smash Champion
We could just play everything out to top 3 and then do the finals at Dylan's house, depending on how many people he can have.

I mean it's really his call, but anything that can save us a little time will be beneficial, imo.

I will be bringing at least a setup. Everybody else should try to do the same.

Prawn

Smash Master
There will be 3 tvs provided by me, with one wii w/ melee. so even if you guys only want to bring a cube/wii it will help us immensely.

I'm pretty sure things will run smoothly, usually at the bigger brawl events i just start singles reg at the back end of doubles and get everything running pretty fast.

also again, at 10:15 I will be ending doubles reg, idc if m2k and jman come in at 10:17 thats when it ends.

edit: also so rumors don't get started m2k and jman aren't coming to this event.

isai and ken will be here tho

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
Prawn, with the time constraints you should run singles first and here are my reason's.

1. People are coming out of state and are probably going to be taking time of work and obviously are paying for transportation and would like to be guaranteed their matches in at least singles.

2. You are probably not going to have any TV's for friendlies anyways because of the time constraints so why are you going to have people just wait around when they paid the venue fee.

3. If for some reason time runs out and you have to cancel the tourney matches it will look very bad for you as a TO and you will probably lose players for your next tourney, especially the players who are coming out of state because they know that their money is not going to be refunded.

4. It seems like players are thinking about not going anyways because of the time constraints and if you at least make singles first they might try harder to make it out because they know their singles matches will get done with no issues to worry about.

If anybody else agrees with me on this then post up but the final decision is with Prawn. I hope it works out for everybody.

Top Bottom