• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest Circuit East: The Competition Results coming soon!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Hm... well, for the most part I guess you could separate people into two categories: Play-by-play commentators and color commentators. The play-by-play commentators are the ones who are dry, telling it how it is, and give the sports-like commentary to the matches which keeps people informed. The color commentators interject with interesting tidbits/humor/hype at the right points which keeps people entertained. Obviously, the play-by-play commentators talk the most between the two.

So far, there has only ever been one play-by-play commentator for Smash that I know of... Me. I just need the right color commentator who meshes well with me. The downside to my commentary is that I'm dry as hell and I can't make a funny worth a ****, which is why I need a good color commentator by my side. So far the best co-host I've had is Dmbrandon because he's hilarious and knows his stuff (Omni is also one of the better co-hosts I've had because he knows me well enough to interject at the perfect times).

I suppose if you really want to somehow mainstream this, you can have people sign up beforehand (or via a signup sheet at registration) as a play-by-play commentator or a color commentator, then mix and match.
I'm a play-by-play too. :[

We'd be like golf commentators. Hahahaha XD

I plan on finding out pairs that mesh well and trying to get commentary going on for all the matches. Kiest, we should get commentary on the FFA items tournament :D

CR4SH

Smash Lord

Since luigi is the best setup, can I waive my entry fee as well? I mean, bringing a tv and wii is one thing, bringing LUIGI! Well, thats quite another thing entirely.:chuckle:

Sliq

Smash Master
I'd do commentary but I'm not going and I hate you all.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
What are those white pills doing in that picture?

And I would say that I want to commentate, but I hope I'm still playing meaningful matches late in the tournament.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I think Cake and I could mesh well.

Panda needs to find himself a consistent commentary buddy!

Panda also seems to have the ability to commentate with strangers / players, which is pretty good. Being able to pull in AZ and say "AZ, you just lost to player X, and player X is playing player Y, who you normally beat in tournament. What's going to happen here?" and make it turn out well is pretty cool.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Could anyone make an estimate as to when singles brackets will be over?

I might have to leave on the earlyish side :(

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
We already Tried that Remember...In Springfield....Ummm Yeah....No comment...
I'd Love to Commentate...hehe...A special Guest Commentator...for at least One Match....
Best Y.b.M quote ever. I'm sleepin on the couch in Springfield. I hear some people walk by, Y.b.M's like "dude, I'm gonna see rainbows and unicorns and ****" xtacyfalco's like "This is pot, you won't see anything... ever try salvia?"

Made my day. gonna miss xtacyfalco...

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman
Best Y.b.M quote ever. I'm sleepin on the couch in Springfield. I hear some people walk by, Y.b.M's like "dude, I'm gonna see rainbows and unicorns and ****" xtacyfalco's like "This is pot, you won't see anything... ever try salvia?"

Made my day. gonna miss xtacyfalco...
Hes coming back to ohio.. in a few weeks

O and im coming to this with another person, I registered, ill make sure he does soon.

judge!

Smash Ace
OS friendlys there. and AZ lets get some 2v2 practice ino we can **** but im a bit nervous teaming with diddy still gotta learn some **** gonna practice with anti a bit in teams with diddy. iv also been playing didyy in 1v1 to learn some **** to watch out for and w/e

TheKiest

Smash Champion
To all people who think that going up Saturday is cool...

This is false. We at OUGA do many great things on Fridays. This time is the FFA Items tourne with commentary. You WILL have fun, believe me.

So again, try to come down Friday night, you can stay at the venue (I'm staying there too Friday night).

Thanks and see yas this weekend!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
OS friendlys there. and AZ lets get some 2v2 practice ino we can **** but im a bit nervous teaming with diddy still gotta learn some **** gonna practice with anti a bit in teams with diddy. iv also been playing didyy in 1v1 to learn some **** to watch out for and w/e
don't let him think you are a banana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom