• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest Circuit East: The Competition Results coming soon!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Can we at least vote at the tourney about a few select stages?

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Oo, I meant to vote on allowing more banned stages in! There are more perfect ones than those.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Haha I love people Who John About Stages...Now I will make sure I pick the Stages that you don't like. Hehe Just play the Freakin Stages....Nothing is wrong with any of em..GOD KAIS!!!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Can't wait to take some poor unsuspecting victim to Pipes...
Good job telling everyone. I'm sure that'll work out great.

Regardless, if you take me there you are in for a world of hurt. =P

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Haha I love people Who John About Stages...Now I will make sure I pick the Stages that you don't like. Hehe Just play the Freakin Stages....Nothing is wrong with any of em..GOD KAIS!!!
Hush, you john about a neutral.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Telling people the stage is good for me doesn't tell them what I can do to them there. It's a surprise. :)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
nope tried greens greens on me. Poor Snake, nothing can out zone bananas.
Hmmm... I thought that was a bad Diddy stage...

Then again, you told me at WnB Diddy has no bad stages, and have been steadily proving this point to me, so I'm probably wrong.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I CP Lylat:

AZ: Little known fact, this is actually a great Diddy stage
*5 seconds later, AZ is at 80% to my 20%*
AZ: Okay, this is a bad diddy stage.

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
Why bother? I'll just end up going through the whole cycle again... Eventually it'll just stop being fun again and become a fight to just get better... A fight I always lose because I blow every single opportunity to play anyone exceptional outside of losing 2-0 in a tourney match, a "Good games", and a handshake once every 2-3 weeks...

*sigh* But I know I'm gonna end up playing again anyway... And I don't wanna waste the entire summer being inactive...again... Why do I keep putting myself through all of this? :(

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Just go to a tournament and play friendlies. That's what Friday is all about. That and fun.

Play people much better than you, learn, then play people at your level and win.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Play a wide variety of characters. It's what helps me get through long days of smash.

Also imo, trying to get good is the best part.

King~

Smash Champion
let me explain it from my position

i have yet to place any higher than 7th in singles tourney, ive failed to make it out of pools 3 out of 7 times. i havent thought about quitting yet cause i know sometimes people HAVE to lose to get better. i also personnaly think i have a harder time learnign anything than most people. its that passion to get better that keeps me wanting to go.

and what quivo just said

lain

Smash Master
Me or NOJ don't have a ride. anyone willing to take us pwetty pwease? We'll make you lots of money.

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
Play people much better than you, learn, then play people at your level and win.
Like I said:

I blow every single opportunity to play anyone exceptional outside of losing 2-0 in a tourney match, a "Good games", and a handshake once every 2-3 weeks...
I'll come... I'll try... But I can see this ending badly...

i have yet to place any higher than 7th in singles tourney, ive failed to make it out of pools 3 out of 7 times. i havent thought about quitting yet cause i know sometimes people HAVE to lose to get better. i also personnaly think i have a harder time learnign anything than most people. its that passion to get better that keeps me wanting to go.

and what quivo just said
But do you still have fun with it? I'm not having fun anymore... I was having fun when I was getting 3- and 4-stocked by Vidjo and Omni back in the good old Melee days... I keep putting all this unnecessary pressure on myself now though...

I'm gonna be a little late getting to your house by the way... I told ya I was gonna be around at 4... I meant I was leaving at 4...

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman
No last minute johns. Everyone is going to this.
TIM I can't wait to face you again! And Sunday is my Birthday lulz!

Ill see ya tonight, no homo! Lets kick it like a dojo- that was pretty gay id have to say tho:laugh:

And im not doing doubles at this Argent and don't quit, you don't always need to win just have fun with it.. and if you do get bored try a different character or do what Quivo said and play many different characters.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
I'm surprised I'm hearing more complaints about the CP list instead of the starter list... and on the day before the event.

There are some in OUGA that share your opinion Argent. Come on down and talk it out. At least keep on trying until the Champs.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I may want to team with a level 9 Pikachu as well if Joshu is unable to show. :[

His car has engine troubles.

Me or NOJ don't have a ride. anyone willing to take us pwetty pwease? We'll make you lots of money.
^^^^^^^^^^^^

Someone give these two a ride!

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace

and what quivo just said
im not doing much better than you yosh, so im right there with you. only, i was wrecking skulls last night and im going back over to nopes house to wreck skulls tonight aswell.

if we pay his entry fee is it legal for louisville to enter a level 9 snake into the tournament?

this is a serious question.

Kahoka did: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMAtDjYC7ig
i lol'd
oh, and please!!! PLEASE PLEASE let me get that snake in my pool....

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
Sorry I haven't left yet, King Yoshi, I forgot to the get the address of where we're going... That's kinda important because I'm one of those lazy people that's going to plug it into my GPS... :p

By the way, I feel it's just the opposite, Bboy... I would much rather get stomped all the time so I can get better at this game... I can talk on and on about it later, but right now I gotta get going...

Also, wifi is like poison for my mind... :psycho:

Framerate

Smash Lord
I'm not quite sure how to feel about the lvl 9 Snake. I, for one, blow against computer players, and fear that there may be others like me. I'm worried that someone is going to lose against the lvl 9 Snake, thus completely crushing their hopes and dreams of being a competitive smasher. On the other hand, it's friggin hilarious. And a free win for just about anyone who plays the lvl 9. If this were up to a vote, I would vote in favor of allowing the entry of a lvl 9 Snake. But I don't think it's up to a vote. Basically it's up to Kiester. But trust me, I will try to persuade him as best I can.

Also, B-Boy we are gonna rock this **** up! Doubles friendlies ftw.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
In the vein of goofy requests from louisville kids. I put a cstick where my analog stick goes, and I just want to make sure it's kosher. Like, no dqs.

@snake- He's dumb as hell. By far the dumbest cpu. Also, he took anther to his last stock.

Framerate

Smash Lord
cr4sh, you are hereby permanently banned from every OUGA sanctioned event..... forever.

Unless of course you happen to shout SHORYUKEN every time you connect a luigipunch. But that would be the only case we could allow anybody with such a controller to attend our tourney. And come on, there's no way anybody actually does that.

Also, if I end up playing the cpu Snake I think I'm gonna pick IC and just chain throw him to death. That or DK paunch him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom