• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest Circuit East: The Competition Results coming soon!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

clowsui

Smash Legend
judge can't drive? neither can will?
you can't drive to this? epic/wtp can't either?

come onnnnnn you guys NEED to come to this >:( I need to play your stupid pandasnake again

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
ITT, what did Byaa say about teaming up?
I've still been trying to contact him. I don't think he's attending this event though and I'm pretty sure he's teaming with eric (DeaD) at TYM 5.

Edit: Also, it's starting to lean towards a "no" for this weekend. She might help me host TYM 5 as well.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
I've already messed up with this girl on multiple occasions. I also already asked if she wanted to hang out this weekend as well. relationships > brawl > work > gauging out my eyes with a fork > school

I really wanna go but I just can't. I'm getting my wii back tommorow though so I'm gonna be playing online quite a bit. Also gonna be practicing my ATs, spacing, etc. so you guys might have to watch out here pretty soon.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
ITT is one of those "I'll destroy the life I have built and rebuild anew" rather than "I'll integrate this one into the life I have built"

different strategies

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
What's the point of practicing ATs if you're not going to any tournaments? :p You're not a lost cause yet anyway... At least you still wanna practice...

I'm done feeling sorry for myself about the last tourney... It's all been replaced by hunger...for, uh, competition? I'm definitely coming to this, and I'm gonna be ready...

Edit: Sounds like I don't have a partner now... Wanna team up, Beegs?

King~

Smash Champion
so i guess i need a ride to this. i would perferbly like to go down friday cause thats an insane drive to make first thing in the morning

Argent, ITT, Beegs????

also who ever takes me i owe them 10 at TYM

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
sorry every one but i aint gonna be messing around when i play any more
Finally Man...Show these MF's The True Power Of a GOD KAI....

I've already messed up with this girl on multiple occasions. I also already asked if she wanted to hang out this weekend as well. relationships > brawl > work > gauging out my eyes with a fork > school

I really wanna go but I just can't. I'm getting my wii back tommorow though so I'm gonna be playing online quite a bit. Also gonna be practicing my ATs, spacing, etc. so you guys might have to watch out here pretty soon.
If you're not in Love with this Woman...then Brawl is First. Girls come and go. I'm sure this will not be the first heart throbbing you get from a Female (hopefully not a Male, but if so...then Do ya thang)...But it's Cute (No homo) that Sonic has Found his Amy and Won't let Dr. Robotnik get in the Way of his love...But Brawl is your First Love....TRADER....GOD KAIS!!!

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
But it's Cute (No homo) that Sonic has Found his Amy and Won't let Dr. Robotnik get in the Way of his love...But Brawl is your First Love....TRADER....GOD KAIS!!!
First off, Sonic has fallen in love with many girls but never Amy cause she's only 12....

Secondly, what are you smokin and where can I get some?

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
First off, Sonic has fallen in love with many girls but never Amy cause she's only 12....

Secondly, what are you smokin and where can I get some?
Haha...I'm smoking on this thing called Confidence...you should try some...it's good for you....GOD KAIS!!!:p

TheKiest

Smash Champion
So this "Confidence" where do I get some stuff?

Go to CVS and ask for "GOD KAIS" and they'll take me to the "back room" where their "Special orders" are kept?

Close?

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
I feel bad for ya now, ITT... You gotta defend your decisions with everyone here... I'll try not to hassle ya anymore... "Try" being the key word there... :p

I completely agree with ya, King Yoshi... If ITT doesn't go and I end up driving, I intend to gather everyone up on Friday night... I'll take the IOU on gas, but fromundaman better pay up from the last WaB... :p

Who all would I need to pick up from the northeast so I can plan my route?

Y.b.M, you mean traitor? Semantics ftw...

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
must be coming from a thing called GOD KAIS????
Yeah you know how we God Kais Are.....:bee:
So this "Confidence" where do I get some stuff?

Go to CVS and ask for "GOD KAIS" and they'll take me to the "back room" where their "Special orders" are kept?

Close?
Well CVS Doesn't carry it...Unless they have GOD KAI Confidence pills....But It's this little thing called self esteem that Normal humans Have... Us GOD KAIS have the utmost of that. So if you(or anyone else) ever need some that C stuff....Just Call the GOD KAIS and we will be there to give it to you...GOD KAIS!!!

Y.b.M, you mean traitor? Semantics ftw...
AHHHH YES...hehehe I just got grammar owned!....*Sigh*

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Heh, I'd absolutely love to pay you back Sat Argent, but my dickass boss decided to schedule me for Saturday (even though the actual schedule said I was free on Sat for over a week now) to help run a lame-*** Guitar Hero competition that literally no one has scheduled for (I'm predicting he sends me home a half hour after it should have started) that lasts 3 hours and stops me from coming to this, hence ruining my entire day. Awesome...

Yeah, I'm kind of bitter...

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Well CVS Doesn't carry it...Unless they have GOD KAI Confidence pills....But It's this little thing called self esteem that Normal humans Have... Us GOD KAIS have the utmost of that. So if you(or anyone else) ever need some that C stuff....Just Call the GOD KAIS and we will be there to give it to you...GOD KAIS!!!
I need that confidence stuff, seriously. Too bad I can't get it from the GOD KAIS this weekend, I can't go to this. D:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Total Estimated Time: 4 hours 54 minutes
Total Estimated Distance: 292.50 miles

sdkfl;skixcjgboie

jgoipaerjgzxdf

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I just checked mapquest and it's 4 hours 33 minutes from Huntington to Athens, OH.

I didn't realize Huntington was southeast of me >_>

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
There will be 5-10 people from MI attending fo' sho'. Dunno if we'll be staying at the venue Friday night or hitting up Nope on his offer (I'm guessing we'll prolly go to the venue).

Also, I'm offended that I'm not mentioned on the live stream commentary :p. If I may make a suggestion, based on my experience at Apex, there should definitely be a maximum cap of 2 people at a time on the mic. Having 3-4 people on the mic at all times was too difficult and would ruin the flow of commentary whenever someone wanted to make a single off-hand or off-topic comment.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Hell yea judge get pumped-people are not gonna know what hit them this tournament. We are gonna put MW teams on a whole new playing field.

1) Agree with Panda, 2 people on mic - have a SCHEDULED ROTATION of getting people on if you want more then just 2 people the whole tournament.
2) I really think we should make a thread in Tournament Listings with some sort of tentative schedule and possible/notable players. Maybe link to previous matches? Shrugzz Basically lets show off the Midwest because I know people like watching the streams and I know we are probably the only tournament this weekend that will have a stream

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Kiest will be in charge of commentary since, well, it is his event. I want your input on just about everything though Panda; I want to make commentary a staple, and I want to find out who is good at it and how they are good at it... we need to get some good pairs going and figure 'em out.

The two people on rotation are always a good idea.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
I wouldn't mind doing a rotation, since I can't be there for every match that is on live stream.

I'll debate it more with people on Friday/Sat morning.

Bring them Setups!!!

According to the prereg and what we have at OUGA already, we have about 14-16 right now...

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Kiest will be in charge of commentary since, well, it is his event. I want your input on just about everything though Panda; I want to make commentary a staple, and I want to find out who is good at it and how they are good at it... we need to get some good pairs going and figure 'em out.

The two people on rotation are always a good idea.
Hm... well, for the most part I guess you could separate people into two categories: Play-by-play commentators and color commentators. The play-by-play commentators are the ones who are dry, telling it how it is, and give the sports-like commentary to the matches which keeps people informed. The color commentators interject with interesting tidbits/humor/hype at the right points which keeps people entertained. Obviously, the play-by-play commentators talk the most between the two.

So far, there has only ever been one play-by-play commentator for Smash that I know of... Me. I just need the right color commentator who meshes well with me. The downside to my commentary is that I'm dry as hell and I can't make a funny worth a ****, which is why I need a good color commentator by my side. So far the best co-host I've had is Dmbrandon because he's hilarious and knows his stuff (Omni is also one of the better co-hosts I've had because he knows me well enough to interject at the perfect times).

I suppose if you really want to somehow mainstream this, you can have people sign up beforehand (or via a signup sheet at registration) as a play-by-play commentator or a color commentator, then mix and match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom