• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metaknight Stage Discussion

Kamikaze*

Smash Ace
I am convinced Smashville is his best neutral, unless Delfino is a neutral at your tourney.

Luigi's is a fine stage for MK even against Snake/Olimar/others who abuse it.

Japes is fine vs Falco.
Yeah, smashville is awesome for MK.

As for mansion, I think it's pretty overrated for MK. Nado works well there, but that's pretty much it. when playing someone that knows how to camp well on that stage, MK gets gayed hard.

Tosh

Smash Rookie
Olimar boards are discussing what stages to use against MK; What works and what doesn't.

You guys should help us out :D
It'd be good to hear things from your end.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=238692
SUMMIT.
Lol kidding, but Luigi's Mansion probably isn't horrible, Olimar can live a bit longer than normal if he can tech the roof/floor and his pikmin go through the pillars. That's more just frm expierience so I'm not really sure if it's fact.

Jupz

Smash Master
Are you sure smashville is a wise idea? I would have though Yoshi's Island would be better because its smaller.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Smashville is an amazing MK stage overall. It's also a more consistent neutral (some places have YI as a CP, or their Neutral List is only 3 stages like FD, BF, and Smashville.)

I think Smashville's help vs characters MK might have more trouble against on FD like Diddy, IC's, Falco, etc is stronger overall than YI. Smashville's platform lets him camp back opponents, and the stage lets him glide under if he needs to (not to mention he has a pretty solid game under smashville toying with options.) That and against people like Lucario that you NEED dead, the platform is a smaller liability than a big wall they can cling and jump off of. Well that and the platform Ghost.

etecoon

Smash Hero
where do u guys take snakes to O.o
battle field.

it's good but I think RC is a little overrated against snake if they know what they're doing, he can run away from most of the parts where you could gay him all that much and his utilt will kill retardedly early on the top scrolling section.

Jupz

Smash Master
I usually choose either rainbow cruise or delfino; the one they don't ban :p

Nice points about the wall jumping and ghosts DMG, would it be better against snake though because he has less room to maneuver with grenades. The ghosts won't end up saving him that much anyway because he is usually gimped further from the stage then that. I use YI for the Falco matchup sometimes because it screws up their IAP's and the uneven floor can make lasers go over your head. Its small aswell, the only bad part is the ghosts that give them more recovery options ie. Short phantasm cancelling onto a ghost.

What are other good stages for Falco, and Ice Climbers? I usually use Rainbow cruise and sometimes brinstar.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Actually I think Snake does better overall on YI than Smashville because he can get A LOT set up on YI and make an impressive wall. Smashville's moving platform is one thing, but always having a platform in your way when you need to approach/get over something is tough when he sets a mine/C4 in front of him, grenades on top/bottom, and Usmash.

Jupz

Smash Master
Heh ok, good point. Besides he can rebound shield-dropped down thrown grenades off at wierd angles and stop them wherever he pleases by shield dropping another grenade. I see how he controls the stage much better now :)

Thanks DMG.

Avion

Smash Apprentice

What are other good stages for Falco, and Ice Climbers? I usually use Rainbow cruise and sometimes brinstar.
Yes, pick RC against Falco. But assuming they ban it (which they often do), Frigate Orpheon is a good anti-Falco stage. It's small enough where laser camping is less effective (plus the slanted floor on the second part), and the lack of a ledge on the right side of the first part really screws up his recovery.

Roxas1988

Smash Journeyman
I'd say about a 75/100. Yet again I hate campers and this stage is punishable for that. Smashville is pretty good for mk especially once you have your opponent in the air. You must at al costs abuse the shuttle loop here. And give all those campers a nice drill approach.

I'd say about a 75/100. Yet again I hate campers and this stage is punishable for that. Smashville is pretty good for mk especially once you have your opponent in the air. You must at al costs abuse the shuttle loop here. And give all those campers a nice drill approach.
Just like on Final Destination, if you use Shuttle Loop on a person hanging from the ledge in Smashville, you'll most likely spike them because they will bounce off of the diagonal part of the ledge.

I'd say the moving platform is useful simply because you can use Shuttle Loop when they're on it. If they block, then you can use the Glide attack.

Personally I prefer to use Smashville and Norfair for Meta Knight, except people might disagree with me on Norfair.

Smashville is metaknights best neutral. Why would you ever play norfair lol, people still use that stage?
I usually only play Norfair for fun little matches. One of the only advantages is the ability to Shuttle Loop through the platforms...
Besides, there are still too many people that run for the shelter when the lava wave comes, instead of just shield-dodging it.

But yes, I do use Smashville more than Norfair.

How is Meta Knight on Temple? I find myself quite good with him on Temple. Especially because when people try to jump onto the lowest platform, I use N-air to hit them back.

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
Lol I can't choose Rainbow Cruise against Snake anymore Ice 2-stocked me there and sometimes I feel Delfino isn't a good choice it seems neutral to me instead of an advantage.

What would be some other good stages to take him? Can you give me some really detailed information as why I should take him there as well?

Thanks for reading and help in advance.

OverLade

Smash Hero
I think Snake can go relatively close with MK on the majority of stages.

I recommend Frigate Orpheon if any CP, to take snake to. Otherwise I'd stick to Yoshis or SV.

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357

I recommend Frigate Orpheon if any CP, to take snake to. Otherwise I'd stick to Yoshis or SV.
Hmm Frigate ok I'll play around on that stage KOS-MOS tends to take me there sometimes when he uses Snake against me thanks for the help.

Deoxys

Smash Lord
I'd say about a 75/100.
What matchup are you talking about?

Smashville is metaknights best neutral. Why would you ever play norfair lol, people still use that stage?
BF is MK's best neutral, at least in a vacuum. And yes, people still use Norfair. You'd have to be a fool to have trouble avoiding the hazards.

No love for Delphino or Brinstar or RC or Norfair? Is Frigate's ceiling high? I'm guessing you don't recommend Brinstar because of the ceiling height.

OverLade

Smash Hero
No love for Delphino or Brinstar or RC or Norfair? Is Frigate's ceiling high? I'm guessing you don't recommend Brinstar because of the ceiling height.
He already said Delphino and RC werent working for him. RC/Norfair/Brinstar are overtly gay to me. I'd only use Delphino or Frigate unless I was angry at someone lol.

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
Frigates ceiling is a little below average I think, however its quite small.
Yeah I'm loving the stage right now I tend to see Snakes having to use F-tilt, grab or anything else to force me back since they sort of don't have enough time to camp.

Yeah I'm loving the stage right now I tend to see Snakes having to use F-tilt, grab or anything else to force me back since they sort of don't have enough time to camp.
If you're having trouble with Snake doing that, try DI. Although I shouldn't really be saying that because I myself have to learn to DI as well.

What about Spear Pillar? I think that the lower part of it is nice for Meta Knight's F-tilt and Mach Tornado. Also, the ledge of the lower one stage-spikes them is Shuttle Loop is used.
The ledge above that one is nice because you can fly upwards and then Shuttle Loop or U-air to trip them into a U-air combo.

So is Spear Pillar overall good for MK? Excluding the beams?

Deoxys

Smash Lord
He already said Delphino and RC werent working for him. RC/Norfair/Brinstar are overtly gay to me. I'd only use Delphino or Frigate unless I was angry at someone lol.
Oh, ok. I usually try to maximize gayness.

It's banned. But if it was legal I guess it wouldn't be too bad.
Thank god it's not legal. That stage is terrible for competitive play.

Staco

Smash Champion
Since this thread is death I will throw in some stage discussion, which isnt based on the first post.

I think Rainbow Cruise is by far the best stage for MK.
RC is maybe atm the best MK stage if you play normal.

But one thing most miss is camping.
RC is ridiculous good to camp.
On the left upscrolling part you cant really be touched.
Platforms can be used to make pressure or hit him without giving the enemy the chance to get hit.
Camping under the platform is mostly unbeatable.
Air Camping works also very well on this stage since there is often no flat stage.
You can sometimes hide behind objects to not getting hit by projectiles.
The right part is also very safe, you can just use the falling platforms to get down or get down first and use the platforms to your advantage.

Because of MKs camping abbilities on this stage I think its his best by far.

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
Lol hey guys I have some more questions to ask on some stages against characters.

What would be some good stages to choose against Falco, Wario and Marth?

Please give some discrete details I really want to know the pros and cons of WHY its a good stage.

Please list the neutrals and counterpicks.

Thanks for reading.

Staco

Smash Champion
Vs. Falco I would pick Halberd.
If he is at the side his lasers cant hit you when you are in the middle.

His recovery also doesnt work that well on this stage and MK can attack him from below the stage.
The 2nd part of ths stage isnt that well for MK. :/

RC is also good vs. Falco, because his recovery doesnt work that well on that stage. His lasers also arent that effective on it.
And MK can use the platforms to his advantage.

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
Vs. Falco I would pick Halberd.
If he is at the side his lasers cant hit you when you are in the middle.

His recovery also doesnt work that well on this stage and MK can attack him from below the stage.
The 2nd part of ths stage isnt that well for MK. :/

RC is also good vs. Falco, because his recovery doesnt work that well on that stage. His lasers also arent that effective on it.
And MK can use the platforms to his advantage.
Yay! Someone finally answered thank you!!!! Yeah I actually use Halberd as a legit counter-pick against Falco.

Rainbow Cruise though.... I dunno I'm not fully convinced to choose mostly because of his Upsmash. Can you give me more details as of why Rainbow Cruise would a good counter-pick against Falco?

Thanks for reading :)

Jupz

Smash Master
No, IMO Halberd isn't too good against Falco. There are better stages. he can outcamp you on the flat part and the ceiling is low to help his Usmash kill.

Against falco, choose Brinstar (small, can't camp, hide behind the fleshy walls to avoid lasers), RC or Delfino maybe?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
No, IMO Halberd isn't too good against Falco. There are better stages. he can outcamp you on the flat part and the ceiling is low to help his Usmash kill.

Against falco, choose Brinstar (small, can't camp, hide behind the fleshy walls to avoid lasers), RC or Delfino maybe?
Brinstar is a good choice for versing any campy character, right?

Jupz

Smash Master
I'd have to say stages you can glide under and play keep-away are the best stages. these include Smashville, Battlefield, and Delfino Plaza

Lol, rise of the 010'ers begins. Welcome to the boards :)

And yes brinstar generally works in campy matches (Falco, Ice Climbers). There are probably better stages for snake.

Jikko

Smash Rookie
I like versing Diddy at Delfino because the bananas disappear eventually and you can camp well in some areas.

Top Bottom