• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metaknight Stage Discussion

Jem.

Smash Master
Mew2king and I have talked about it a couple times, and we agree Brinstar is the best stage for Metaknight in the game. It's wayyyy too good and easy to win there, period. Unfortunately nearly everyone bans it.

@ someone asking for good CP's against Falco - Frigate, Brinstar, Rainbow

jpak

Smash Lord
Mew2king and I have talked about it a couple times, and we agree Brinstar is the best stage for Metaknight in the game. It's wayyyy too good and easy to win there, period. Unfortunately nearly everyone bans it.

@ someone asking for good CP's against Falco - Frigate, Brinstar, Rainbow
What are the things meta knight can abuse there?

jpak

Smash Lord
Oh okay, I thought there would be something else besides those basic few. Like the whole extra ledge near the water by a part of Delfino that someone mentioned earlier, thought that was pretty interesting.

OverLade

Smash Hero
If people ban brinstar just go cruise/frigate/delphino ggs.

I've never played anyone who banned brinstar against though, usually because of cruise.

Exdeath

Smash Master
MKs need to start abusing Norfair. That is quite possibly his best stage, along with Brinstar and Delfino.
I'm sure that DSF thought that when he took ESAM there. :laugh: Norfair isn't nearly as good as Brinstar is. Neither is Delfino, Rainbow Cruise, or any other stage.

etecoon

Smash Hero
brinstar is MK's best stage IMO, I actually have done worse than normal on norfair but it was only legal at one tournament I've been to so I basically never play it, perhaps it will be more common now with MLG using it

Kaffei

Smash Hero
brinstar is MK's best stage IMO, I actually have done worse than normal on norfair but it was only legal at one tournament I've been to so I basically never play it, perhaps it will be more common now with MLG using it
Brinstar is soo much fun

Jem.

Smash Master
Brinstar is MK's best stage because he can shark, easy kills (especially if you're good with sneak attack shuttle loops) and if the lava is going up to the top platform, they're forced to approach you. (which is basically the best part.)

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Brinstar is MK's best stage because he can shark, easy kills (especially if you're good with sneak attack shuttle loops) and if the lava is going up to the top platform, they're forced to approach you. (which is basically the best part.)
I love Brinstar, but I would personally ban it.

Toony

Smash Journeyman
Is this list ever going to updated with all the stages?

Kel

Smash Master
I'm sure that DSF thought that when he took ESAM there. :laugh: Norfair isn't nearly as good as Brinstar is. Neither is Delfino, Rainbow Cruise, or any other stage.
For the record, I did the same thing vs Esam at MLG. I ended up attempting to time him out and win by LGL, but that didn't work because I developed this strategy too late.

Yeah, don't take Pika to Norfair and try to fight him.

Saltix

Smash Lord
What exactly makes Brinstar so good? Aside from the sharking, and lava forcing those to approach?

Isn't brinstar quite small, leading to earlier kills on MK?

Player-4

See you in 25 years
What exactly makes Brinstar so good? Aside from the sharking, and lava forcing those to approach?

Because it's so small MK is getting earlier kills too. Up-B is godly.

Don't forget the extended hitboxes for f-smash and the like on the gooey pillars and balls.

Exdeath

Smash Master

Proper use of the elevation -- particularly on the right side of the stage -- prevents rigid zoning/projectiles (i.e. Falco lasers and Zairs) while providing optimal spacing for Meta Knight's Up-B (he can cancel it in even more ways and faster by using the platform's relatively unique height as yet another mix-up in Meta Knight's already burgeoning list of options). Up-B is not Meta Knight's only move that is suited for the terrain. Meta Knight's curiously well-fitted Ftilt that barely reaches above the stage (a limited gimmick in itself), will out-last two spot dodges when using lag orbs, Dtilt can be used as an entirely safe anti-air that beats virtually all characters' aerial options, including air dodging, an Fsmash that has similar spacing qualities to Ftilt and can simultaneously -- semi-safely -- refresh Meta Knight's move set while damaging the lag orbs so that the stage will separate. After the stage is separated, Meta Knight's B is nigh unpunishable.

Meta Knight can't be killed if he isn't above the stage where the opponent can interact with him. Just allow yourself to be hit by the acid and tech into where the stage separates (I do this in tournament [against good players] and I typically live past 200% and take a stock when I would otherwise deal some damage, make a mistake, and be hit by a kill move). If your opponent is smart, they will catch on to this and punish your tech, which requires most of the cast to heavily telegraph such a plan to the point where you can mix-up your recovery more than normal due to the condition of your opponent. This long life is ok though, because your opponent -- who can't effectively stall in a "Two Snakes One C4"-type situation -- now dies much earlier than normal. Enjoy living three times as long as every other character when they lack a way to affect you unless you choose to be onstage. I'm not going to go into exactly how good sharking and acid is for Meta Knight, since you asked to exclude it.

Also, this is all very manageable within thirty-five ledge grabs, which doesn't even matter since most rule sets only enact a ledge grab rule when a match is taken to time, which your opponent won't have a method to do unless they are using Meta Knight.

Have fun and play safe kids.

Jem.

Smash Master
Really RedHalberd? Almost everyone I know bans Brinstar against me.. Diddy's are learning how to compete on Rainbow also (Felix can actually beat me on Rainbow, Diddy vs MK) more characters are practicing dumb stages.

Norfair is good vs fat slow characters, like Snake. I typically don't use it though, I just stick to Brinstar/Frigate/Rainbow/Delfino.

OverLade

Smash Hero
None of the MKs in FL use those stages for the most part, so people don't think to ban it(I use Brinstar sometimes though, but almost never lose to any character that I might actually take there). I wouldn't hesitate to take most characters there but I still see cruise being banned first in my region.

Exdeath

Smash Master
None of the MKs in FL use those stages for the most part, so people don't think to ban it(I use Brinstar sometimes though, but almost never lose to any character that I might actually take there). I wouldn't hesitate to take most characters there but I still see cruise being banned first in my region.
It usually is. I'm pretty much the only person who consistently takes people to Brinstar in CFL. The stage is named after me here; Deathstar.

Top Bottom