• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metaknight Officially Banned In Italy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muzga

Smash Ace
okay, ignore the fact that im an mk main.
you people make it sound as though if you play MK, you automatically win tournaments.
Not true.

With regards to the whole "you play the best character. you just want to keep winning" BAWWWing

I have never won a tournament, and i use metaknight.
does this make me a bad player? Maybe...
if your main was banned you'd get annoyed as well. ive been playing MK since i got the game, and you know what? aside from those few "BAWW i hate metaknight. its about time he got banned somewhere" posts, i dont think anyone has EVER come up with a reasonable or intelligent response as to why MK should without a doubt, get banned.

Seriously. if you cant, then gtfo.
Harden the **** up and get better at the game.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
you people make it sound as though if you play MK, you automatically win tournaments.
Not true.

With regards to the whole "you play the best character. you just want to keep winning" BAWWWing

if your main was banned you'd get annoyed as well. ive been playing MK since i got the game, and you know what? aside from those few "BAWW i hate metaknight. its about time he got banned somewhere" posts, i dont think anyone has EVER come up with a reasonable or intelligent response as to why MK should without a doubt, get banned.

Quote For Motha****in Truth

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/

Gingerr

Smash Lord
Not true.

Meta Knight mains unite against the bull****!
If Meta Knight is SO BROKEN and so easy to play, then how come I haven't placed top 10 in a tournament with him yet? Saying I'm bad isn't a valid argument, either, since Meta Knight is just SO BROKEN that he pretty much plays himself, AM I RITE!?!?!

Anyways, I could get really in depth with this, but regardless, it's amazingly hilarious.

Tbagz

Smash Journeyman
im sorry bro, and its not true.

metaknight IS beatable, you just have to play differently and develope new stratageys.

move to america where the real brawling happens.

or japan.. but i prefer Usa =p

Leon945

Smash Apprentice
Really it's the player that matters and if people were being to lazy to get better and just *****ing because they couldn't beat Metaknight shouldn't play at all. I don't main Metaknight and I still think this is an injustice

Kyas

Smash Journeyman
This feels like justice. I was forced to learn a secondary because MK counters my main. Now MK mainers have to get a secondary.

I feel that, to anyone who doesn't main MK, the character is simply detrimental to competitive brawl, resulting in more repetitive tournament results and an even more elitist tiering system than that of Melee.

I don't see anything wrong with banning him if that improves the competitive game.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
And people who say "If MK is banned, you gotta ban DDD, Snake, GaW, etc" are wrong. You act like people are talking of banning MK because he's the best. That's not it. It's because he's FAR and AWAY the best. Snake and DDD would NOT dominate the MK-free metagame like MK is dominating the current Brawl metagame.
Funny, they already are. Meta-Knight is just dominating more. With Meta-Knight gone, what's going to stop Snake and D3? And Meta is not far beyond the others.

Let me go through this logical exercise (yet again):

Let's rate our skills in, oh, cooking on a scale of 1-10. I'm a 10, you're a 9, Aldwyn is a 7 and 5 other people are 1s.

If we have 6 cooking contests, the odds state that I should win 2 or 3 of them with you winning 2 and Aldwyn 1. But we're fighting each other all the way there, with the final battle often consisting of me beating you or Aldwyn by a small margin.

100 tournaments later, I'll have won 50 cooking contests, you will have won 30, Aldwyn 15 and the others the other 5. Does this mean I'm leagues ahead of you and Aldwyn? No. It just means that I've won more tournaments than you because I'm statistically probable to... due to a small margin of superiority.

Am I the only one that noticed this? How is it possible to ban a character if tournaments aren't even being held?
Because the Italian Smash community consists of idiots, Scrubs and n00bs most of whom aren't even good at Smash!

Ninja_Star

Smash Rookie
Not true.

Wow.... You put everything I wanted to say into words. I salute you my friend.

Master Raven

Smash Master
This feels like justice. I was forced to learn a secondary because MK counters my main. Now MK mainers have to get a secondary.

I feel that, to anyone who doesn't main MK, the character is simply detrimental to competitive brawl, resulting in more repetitive tournament results and an even more elitist tiering system than that of Melee.

I don't see anything wrong with banning him if that improves the competitive game.
... Do you honestly believe MK's banning should be justified because he counters your main, and you are forced to use a secondary? What exactly is wrong with that?

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
In conclusion, allow me to sum up this thread (up to this point):
The Italian Brawl community consists of mostly Scrubs.
I'm quite possibly a Scrub or a n00b or jus thaven't kept up on what, for instance, Yuna has argued (it's hard to tell)!
I am a Scrub who wishes I lived in Italy!
I am a n00b and a Scrub who has no idea of what "to shaft" means in Competitive gaming. I have no idea what the matchups in Brawl are, but who needs facts when you can just guess?
I am a n00b who likes to babble about things I have no clue about.
If only I were Italian!
I am bad at telling jokes!
I'm a n00b, a Scrub and I like using "gay" as an insult!
I like to whine! I don't like having to face the same characters over and over and since my main isn't Top Tier, I want them gone!
I'm semi-scrubby, but I've got Yuna's respect for at least owning up to it.
Scrub #165 present!
Optimizing diversity is good, although Yuna disagrees!
The Italian Smash community is stupid and deserves to be punched in the face (the mods have spoken)!
I am yet another insighnificant Scrub.
I like colouring my posts and guessing whether or not the PAL version differs from the NTSC version.
I am a Dutch Scrub who's thankful Yuna doesn't know my face 'cause then I'd be in deep *****!
I have no idea why Tier Lists exist.
"Fun" is very important!
Why should you care about this unless you're Italian? And if you're Italian, then you should just suck it up and switch characters! Yes, I'm being serious!
Why care about Italy? After all, I don't live there.
In Soviet Russia, Yuna would kick my *** for being a Scrub.
Good Meta-Knights are unbeatable!
I'm too Scrubby!

The truth :D
Who cares? Even if it's wrong, we're only losing one character!
How Scrubby, n00bish and idiotic must the Italian Brawl community be to ban Meta-Knight when there hasn't even been a Brawl tournament held there yet?!
Character popularity matters! It's also logical that just because more people play Meta than any other character, his meta-game will definitely be leagues beyond that of all other characters. I mean, who cares about actual potential? Character popularity magically conjures up new potential!
Wah! Wah! Wah! Meta-Knight counters my main!
When the moon hits you eye like a big pizza pie, I'm a Scruuuub!

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
No wonder people turn down at competitive gamers with idiots like Yuna around.

And by the way I don't think Metaknight should be banned, I actually like him as a character and have nothing against him, do you guys in the Metaknight boards ever laugh?

brinboy789

Smash Champion
lol after 12 pages of Mk haters and MK mainers (like me) no hater has yet to explain why MK is easy to use. -sigh-. italians should be making pizza not banning MK xD
no offense to anyone italian, but brawl has been out for only 2 months without a single tourney there and ban already? wtf? how does that work? and will somebody PLEASE tell me why MK is easy to use.
and yes metaknight HAS bad matchups. i could name then if you want

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
well obviously im not gonna search "why metaknight is too good" but nothings there anyways
no thread. and the moves that snake users spam alot have no startup lag. for example: ALL of his tilts. so he hes top tier so what why didnt we ban fox 8 years ago. stop complaining people. yea and how did italy ban MK if they didnt even have a tourney yet? >.< how does that work. and the post above somewehre said that MK wins majority of tourneys. however, even in that post it said he wins alot, but HE ISNT EASY TO USE! it takes along time to actually get good with him...
I dislike smash newbies in a way.

While Snake's tilts are quick they do are typical in their speed.
Their cooldown time is below average so he is quite punishable.
he has many glaring weaknesses so Snake is far from banworthy. Meanwhile you have issues with MK whose tournament results outdo everyone else, and has nothing but good matchups with a handful of neutrals.

If we based things on viability alone it could be seen as to why MK would be viewed upon as ban worthy.

He isn't though due to many other factors.
He doesn't have major advantages and he's not winning that many more tournaments.
He isn't unbeatable either.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
I dislike smash newbies in a way.

While Snake's tilts are quick they do are typical in their speed.
Their cooldown time is below average so he is quite punishable.
he has many glaring weaknesses so Snake is far from banworthy. Meanwhile you have issues with MK whose tournament results outdo everyone else, and has nothing but good matchups with a handful of neutrals.

If we based things on viability alone it could be seena s to why MK would be viewed upon as ban worthy.

He isn't though.
yea but falcon punch has an average cooldown time. why dont pros use that? snakes tilts have like NO lag startup. but im not saying we should ban snake. we shouldnt ban any char, unless someone finds a new at that makes falcon god tier, i dont think so. except for his manliness. MK has bad matchups. you want me to list them?

.Marik

is a social misfit
Lawl at Yuna's "quoted" comments. xD

Excellent. Now we just gotta wait for him to be banned in America, and then I'm good.

Sakurai made MetaKnight WAY too good. Which is probably why n00bs play him, and most of them think that they are the s***, when in fact, the only reason why they win, is because of MetaKnight and his overly cheap tactics.

But still, there are some good MetaKnight's out there.......

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
So you were mocking every one of them?
No, there were a few I didn't mock, like you for instance. I was a summary of the entire thread, after all. I skipped the posts with very little substance or which didn't need to be quoted.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
yea but falcon punch has an average cooldown time. why dont pros use that? snakes tilts have like NO lag startup. but im not saying we should ban snake. we shouldnt ban any char, unless someone finds a new at that makes falcon god tier, i dont think so. except for his manliness. MK has bad matchups. you want me to list them?
Your point was that Snake has WOMG little start up to his ftilts.
Neither does MK now does he?
And MK has the bonus of less cooldown time as well.

If MK has bad matchups that are completely inarguable, then please name them

Master Raven

Smash Master
Lawl at Yuna's "quoted" comments. xD

Excellent. Now we just gotta wait for him to be banned in America, and then I'm good.

Sakurai made MetaKnight WAY too good. Which is probably why n00bs play him, and most of them think that they are the s***, when in fact, the only reason why they win, is because of MetaKnight and his overly cheap tactics.

But still, there are some good MetaKnight's out there.......
Well then, you guys better get used to metaknight dittos every single game you play. And a smash game for once will be equal.

*sakurai's master plan*

God**** I don't know what to say without getting modded.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Haven´t read the whole thread, but if that seriously is what has happened I sence someone using IC's will dominate in italy in a couple of months , or is there any Italian IC players out there?

Master Raven

Smash Master
Lol Shadow I hate fighting Sonic soooo much. Last night I messed with him in training mode and god**** I can't believe his instantaneous momentum when you stop with shield in the middle of his running.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
Haven´t read the whole thread, but if that seriously is what has happened I sence someone using IC's will dominate in italy in a couple of months , or is there any Italian IC players out there?
don worry. the italians didnt even have a tourney and they banned MK. and yes uh whoever i didnt answer the challenge to im making the thread right now

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
lol @ Yuna's wall of text

I don't find it funny however, how you misquoted me...I never said good Metaknights are unbeatable...

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Lol Shadow I hate fighting Sonic soooo much. Last night I messed with him in training mode and god**** I can't believe his instantaneous momentum when you stop with shield in the middle of his running.
Do an aerial spincharge and cancel it with a shield.
Cancellable approaches FTW!

Hmm I am planning to pick up MK as a secondary (its MK,Wario and Luigi that kill me) can you help my practice when you have the chance?

Sliq

Smash Master
I swear I'm going to be pissed if Italy bans pepperoni from its pizza.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom