• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metagame Minute, DI Part 4, Out Now! 12/13/2011 UPDATE!

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
WHAT IS THIS DIRECTIONAL INFLUENCE
GIVES MY CHARACTER A BIT MORE ENDURANCE
CLEARING UP SOME OF THAT STATIC
GETTING EVERYONE REAL CHARISMATIC
YOU SEE ALLY LIVIN AT 230 PERCENT?
THAT NOW CONCLUDES OUR SEGMENT

okay no I can't do this. lol

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta

Dont worry about that. Too many Questions.

All I want for my unbirthday is a write up. So the community can progress. Thanks GIMR for all you do, if it wasnt for you a ton of the community would still be debating edge slips. Every video makes our community better; theres just too much knowledge thats hidden away on these boards and too little people willing to find/share it.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
So is the vid hitting tomorrow? I know said something about it hitting Friday but I see nada.just curious.

I do believe you all should take your time and give an actual date to the reveal when you are certain its complete. No need to state random dates you can't meet. Just keep up the work and lets us all know when you get it done. Good luck gimr and co.

:phone:

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I'm not working on it anymore more because I'm ridiculously busy.

Flayl

Smash Hero
So is the bureaucracy of the Smash Lab (I still can't get over the need for there to be official releases of game techniques) still holding up the written part on DI/SDI?

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
So is the bureaucracy of the Smash Lab (I still can't get over the need for there to be official releases of game techniques) still holding up the written part on DI/SDI?
I would also like to know this. There has been quite a bit of talk about the write up and I feel like it's been there and nearly ready for a while...

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
I concur. As someone who came from competitive fighters b4 brawl, I find this sickening. Ill never understand the need for hidden boards. You could at least just make so not every1 can post in them. :sigh:

With GIMR no longer working om the project I doubt we will ever see this project come into frutition at this point. I really hope Smash Labs proves me wrong. there's so much more that could be said but ill just stop here.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
I understand that the videos need to be finished. My Q is what happened to the write up that's supposedly done that was supposed to be released already? I think that's what we all concerned about.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Oh

I also decided to write up some of my shield stuff.
I've been too busy actually practicing to write atm and have been using the video to sort of stall for time :)

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
dont worry guys this IS getting done, its just taking awhile as a lot of the people involved are busy right now :/
why don't you give someone without life a script and have them make a video and then send it to you guys for approval?

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
Obviously it is up to you all as a group what you are going to do but I really feel unless its for testing purposes (even then it'd probably behoove you to let the community test stuff) I really don't see a need to withhold info that could benefit the community. I mean wouldn't you want this stuff out now so it can be tested and hopefully implemented by the community by the time apex rolls around? Besides there's tons of people who have time to aid in the creation of the video especially if its almost done, (an assumption made by the fact it was supposed to be released Last Friday) just ask around. Tesh could probably do that easily. I just don't understand how everyone could be busy in such a large group. It seems almost pointless if only a few of you are actually researching. Just my 2 cents.

@Delux oh you. Share the wealth! Cool option selects are needed.

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I'm still waiting on someone (*cough* delux *cough*) to give me their input before this goes forward, including the video and the thread. Neither are remotely started at the moment.

Flayl

Smash Hero
"Neither are remotely started" is very different from
I am going to release the accompanying info piece on Friday in the event GIMR's video still isn't ready by then (pending approval from the other two Smash Lab Directors).

It isn't as flashy as GIMR's video will be, but if you can read and understand it, you'll get the same info without the visual demonstrations.
- 8/31/11

Unless you mean he has most of the info ready on his computer but hasn't posted anything back there.

DeLux

He means that we are planning a two video series coming up soon

The first one is going to be more basic like the last two metagame minutes

The third one is going to be the one that I wrote a good chunk about. But I take the blame. Bio's been bugging me to work on the video with him, but I've been too busy arguing things out in the BBRRC for the last week or two

My apologies that it's been delayed but I promise for almost everyone it'll be new information for you to add to your game.

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
You just jumped from first to third. Too much baseball, eh?

What I mean is, in its current form the thread sitting in the Smash Lab right now is an unorganized mess full of things that need to be edited and formatted; the final production of the thread and the video hasn't begun yet.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Im slightly annoyed that some people are acting like they deserve the video and thread. Remember, smash is a hobby. Anything i or the smash lab gives you you should be thankful for. be patient because you dont deserve anything we are giving you.

DeLux

I've been getting yelled at by the community for the last week and I have been busy arguing with people so I haven't gotten around to some of my end. I can confirm Bio has been working diligently on the video though

Flayl

Smash Hero
Im slightly annoyed that some people are acting like they deserve the video and thread. Remember, smash is a hobby. Anything i or the smash lab gives you you should be thankful for. be patient because you dont deserve anything we are giving you.

Nobody is acting entitled to the video, we all appreciate your efforts. It's the smash lab withholding the information that bugs us.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
GIMR, I hope you have seen how I constantly thank you and appreciate your work. You are doing it out of simple love of the game. That kindness is appreciated. In fact as I have told you before, if there ANYTHING I could do to help, I will. Ive just been excited about your finds. No one here ( that ive seen) is feeling entitled to anything. Fans of peoples work get eager when they are waiting for the next masterpiece. Its simple as that. I made sure I subscribed to your stuff and told people to do the same. You are one of the few people I feel are taking this game as an actual fighter and is trying to break it down. From someone who has been competing in Fighters my whole life, I am so glad that there are few in this community that want something more for it.

EDIT: In fact GIMR I think the majority of people are trying to figure out ways so they can make it easier on you in this thread lol. Please dont take it any other way. You go at the pace you can, and if you need help, I for one am down. In fact Ive been testing out tons of things myself for awhile; I should probably apply for Smash Labs so I can help out.

DeLux

Just an update:

I wrote the first rough draft on an addition to the piece.

I'm going to give it a day to start editing.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
I really cant wait Delux. I get to testing it once its released. Oh btw, you know the shield+ cstick forward option select is actually pretty good for some characters.

DeLux

I detailed that option along with another option or two you probably haven't looked at

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
Just an update:

I wrote the first rough draft on an addition to the piece.

I'm going to give it a day to start editing.
Hype!

I really cant wait Delux. I get to testing it once its released. Oh btw, you know the shield+ cstick forward option select is actually pretty good for some characters.
So... to hold us over, how does this option select work? If I recall, doing that causes a shield roll, yes?

I detailed that option along with another option or two you probably haven't looked at
Double hype!

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Nobody is acting entitled to the video, we all appreciate your efforts. It's the smash lab withholding the information that bugs us.
in its current form the thread sitting in the Smash Lab right now is an unorganized mess full of things that need to be edited and formatted; the final production of the thread and the video hasn't begun yet.
10itsalreadybeensaid

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
GIMR, I hope you have seen how I constantly thank you and appreciate your work. You are doing it out of simple love of the game. That kindness is appreciated. In fact as I have told you before, if there ANYTHING I could do to help, I will. Ive just been excited about your finds. No one here ( that ive seen) is feeling entitled to anything. Fans of peoples work get eager when they are waiting for the next masterpiece. Its simple as that. I made sure I subscribed to your stuff and told people to do the same. You are one of the few people I feel are taking this game as an actual fighter and is trying to break it down. From someone who has been competing in Fighters my whole life, I am so glad that there are few in this community that want something more for it.

EDIT: In fact GIMR I think the majority of people are trying to figure out ways so they can make it easier on you in this thread lol. Please dont take it any other way. You go at the pace you can, and if you need help, I for one am down. In fact Ive been testing out tons of things myself for awhile; I should probably apply for Smash Labs so I can help out.

Thanks! It's all good man.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
So... to hold us over, how does this option select work? If I recall, doing that causes a shield roll, yes?
Yes but if they hit your shield as you do it, the shield stun registers it as a ISSDI grab. Its awesome as an approach as a ton of characters try to remain safe with jab tilts and pivot grabs. Great for MK, love for ZSS because it get her behind the opponent with her jab which is good start up wise but the ending fails. ZSS mixing up jab and dtilts are awesome and it will only grab of course if they hit your shield so you arent stupidly grabbing with ZSS for no reason. its not bad for Lucario either as his froll speed makes up for his tilts lack of. Usable with Falco but not really needed since double jab cancels and ftilts make him a boxer MK wishes he was. so once hes even gets in that range majority of the cast already failed. Oh how i love double jabbing MKs as they desperately try to SL im going to miss that :(

Larry too good yo.

Who else has a good froll? It also be good for character who have good back rolls because although u make SDI away alot of times you can still grab the extended hitbox. that one is obviously Shield + C stick backwards. If you dont get the grab you reset the spacing for the most part to approach again. Its good for aggro players as it makes the guessing game easier. Im sure you know how aggro players love to go in and roll back out at times to reset spacing if they does see what they want. Now you dont really have to react as quickly to whatever defensive option. You let the game choose for you at that moment; which is awesome considering some of the unorthodox defensive options we have in brawl compared to other fighters.

Delux doesnt like that one though lol. I think it better than he give it credit for . I need to find some other good stuff

@Delux: all i know is if Shield+ Cstick down registered as a grab or spotdodge, that would be so damn broken. Ive been thinking of a way to make that possible. Other options you say? Id love to see. I love the fact that our shield could potentially make being aggro a ton easier LOL. I wish I had more time to dedicate to those mechanics though. Im too busy with either Genetics work, bballing, or playing with Mike and Tyrant. Hey Delux, when you buffer that option select it only does one option though. That makes me kinda sad. I forgot which one it is though. Have you already detailed what characters profit from it? Because I was going to start a write up myself on the matter and why it could be good. Oh and im curious, what methods are you using to find these things? Itd help me with my own research. Theres a ton of character option selects that need to be looked into more. Its really not look at as much as it should be in this game. It definitely would aid smart aggro play; the stuff we love. I really want to find some new grab tactics as well. I think theres things we can to better pivot grab option imho.

Top Bottom