• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight's Revenge: The Official Match-Up Thread *Wario* -> GO

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
UPB!

I wish Wario could glide out of his Upb. That would be amazing.

OverLade

Smash Hero
What if EVERYONE could glide out of their up B? Snake, Dedede, Zelda, Pit? Imagine the possibilities!!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Lmao Snake would ride his Cypher like normal but be able to glide. So he would stay vertical the whole time, but cypher would be able to go down and up in the same curves as MK/Pit/etc.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Guys, what if we made this character that had like...5 jumps, and then could glide? And if you use up B, he can glide after that too?

Staco

Smash Champion
Imagine MK could use his Up B in all directions like Zelda can do with her Up B. xD

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Lmao Snake would ride his Cypher like normal but be able to glide. So he would stay vertical the whole time, but cypher would be able to go down and up in the same curves as MK/Pit/etc.
=(

OverLade

Smash Hero
YES.

But he should have the initial rise before the glide starts. Its only fair that way. First Snake took the Knee from Falcon. Know he's also taking the KYCK.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
wana see me **** this matchup?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vePzSclhEs

it went to game 3 cuz halberd hates me, the stage i mean lol
You would have done better if you would have drill rushed into his shield more often!

I don't see why we would rediscuss Olimar when my summary on the front page is thorough and current.
It's widely understood that some matchup summaries (talking about his olimar match up summary) are outdated/poor.
If you insist on being in charge, then why don't you fix/update them?

@Zozefup- You act like some know it all
You're the one posting official match up summarys that you know nothing about.

@Ksizzle Could you write something about how to beat olimar? The current olimar match up summary is horribly outdated/wrong.

I know you just SL gimped him everytime he used his double jump in those videos. But when I tried Hilt would just whistle the SL and Usmash my landing. Did that only work in your match because it was WiFi?

theunabletable

Smash Lord
I DARE someone to make a PSA of this.

TKD

Smash Lord
DDD and Kirby are 80/20 match-ups.

Kirby: Retreating Fair, tipper Ftilt, Mach Tornado.
Kirby can't go through these, except for Usmash on the tornado (MK should tornado above fsmash range anyway). Kirby's also completely vulnerable off the ground while MK barely is. Also, one grab from MK gets Kirby in the air. I don't believe the match-up to be worse than 2/8 for Kirby though, as it's completely winnable in my mind.

Pretty much, most of Kirby's weaknesses are MK's strengths and this is Kirby's worst match-up, maybe along with Snake (for other reasons). I know I'm the one that started the "Kirby vs MK is close" thing, but that was some time ago and it's really not.

Meta Knight is King Dedede's worst match-up, too. King Dedede players that have played it at high level can tell you that.

Nic64

Smash Lord
Something that is "completely winnable" is better than 2:8 IMO, but yeah, MK does **** those characters...although I think a few others are worse for DDD.

Staco

Smash Champion
The DDD MU is more like 70:30.
Its still one of his worst. I think there are some more horrible MUs for him like Pikachu or Falco, if played well.

OverLade

Smash Hero
MK vs. D3 is NOT 80/20
yet

I believe that the vast majority of MK mains have absolutely no clue how to play the matchup. If you watch Me and M2K vs. CO18 you would guess that it's 55-45 at best. However I believe Seibrik (find this thread plz) is definetly ahead of all of us in the matchup. If you watch him vs. CO from winterfest he does some pretty sick Utilt stuff that seems to screw D3 pretty hard.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
Kirby's Ftilt outranges MKs Fair if spaced right. You might have to angle it up. But Kirby CAN ftilt to beat out MKs Fair.
I used to main Kirby. I've played the MK VS Kirby match up 1000 times. You cannot beat MK SH retreating Fairs with ftilt. All you can hope to do is roll into him and Utilt. It really is 70/30 at best, but most MKs don't know the match up.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
Maybe not a retreating Fair, I'm not sure. I only mained Kirby for a short time. But if the MK Fairs in place, or towards you, Ftilt (angled up atleast) beats it.

I did it once to M2K in my one friendly with him at AG back when I mained Kirby.

Of course it's really laggy and is super punishable on shield and gets outranged by MKs Ftilt. But it DOES have more range than Fair. I mean if they're Fairing out of range it's not like it's any danger, but if they get in range, Kirby can Ftilt them.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Maybe not a retreating Fair, I'm not sure. I only mained Kirby for a short time. But if the MK Fairs in place, or towards you, Ftilt (angled up atleast) beats it.

I did it once to M2K in my one friendly with him at AG back when I mained Kirby.

Of course it's really laggy and is super punishable on shield and gets outranged by MKs Ftilt. But it DOES have more range than Fair. I mean if they're Fairing out of range it's not like it's any danger, but if they get in range, Kirby can Ftilt them.
Hitting M2K with it once doesn't mean he spaced it perfectly. Not saying it does or doesnt, but that's not legit justification for it outranging fair.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
Well I never got the chance to try it against him again because he just ground ***** me after the one time I did it. It's easy to get around as MK because you can just stay grounded and beat out everything of Kirby's. I was just noting that Kirby can stop MK from Fair with just an Ftilt.

Look at MKs Fair hitbox. We don't have Kirby's hitbox PSAs yet, but go into training and see how far away you can be with Ftilt and still hit. It has more range than MKs Fair.

Because MK has transcendent priority on Fair you and your opponent don't have to worry about clanking. So anything that outranges his Fair beats it.

Kirby's Ftilt DOES outrange MKs Fair, thus it beats MKs Fair if spaced right by the Kirby.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
MK's Fair beats out Kirby's Ftilt.

Kirby sticks his foot out basically as he Ftilts. His foot is extended far enough that you can hit his foot, on the way to hitting MK, before it does hit him. Furthermore, at max range, after his Ftilt has been used, you can Ftilt/Fair his stuck out foot before he can retract it. It's like how Wario can Ftilt DK's Arm before he retreats it if he uses DK punch and misses. If DK didn't have super armor on his DK punch, a LOT would beat it out simply because you could hit his arm on the way to hitting you, or hit his body while it is extended.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah. If Kirby's entire foot was disjointed, he would win out.

Basically, Kirby's Ftilt MIGHT have more max range. But actual disjointedness MK beats him out clearly.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
Kirby sticks his foot out basically as he Ftilts. His foot is extended far enough that you can hit his foot, on the way to hitting MK, before it does hit him.
Every time I've tried I haven't had Kirby's foot get hit, I've only had it go through MKs Fair and hit MK.

Even though it sticks out his hurtbox, it goes through MKs Fair and hits MK. Like DK's Bair.
Furthermore, at max range, after his Ftilt has been used, you can Ftilt/Fair his stuck out foot before he can retract it.
Well, yeah, it's really laggy and punishable. But if you see MK commit to a Fair in Kirby's Ftilt range, he can Ftilt you.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
You would have done better if you would have drill rushed into his shield more often!

If you insist on being in charge, then why don't you fix/update them?

You're the one posting official match up summarys that you know nothing about.

@Ksizzle Could you write something about how to beat olimar? The current olimar match up summary is horribly outdated/wrong.

I know you just SL gimped him everytime he used his double jump in those videos. But when I tried Hilt would just whistle the SL and Usmash my landing. Did that only work in your match because it was WiFi?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NOv_AcZgFE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bp6Ssmnnn_4

me vs hilt in grand finals of a tournament last weekend. i 3-0d him but game 1 didnt get recorded.
if you wanna SL gimp oli differ the timing of your SL so you will bait his whistle then he gets the bow and then gets the out
if you change the timing every time you will hit him far more often than if you did it the same every time. This includes waiting for his double jump cuz sometimes you wont even need too. not to mention after he jumps he expects the SL but not always before

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
-Thread Found-

When i play co18.... its feels like 65-35

let me explain how my mind works.

When It is even in percent and stock, i believe it is a 60/40 matchup

When ddd is winning, it becomes a 55/45 matchup, mk still having far superior mixup he needs in approaching that he WILL come back if the mk is as smart as the ddd, and as good at the matchup.

When mk is winning, it becomes like 70/30, and instantly 75/25 if he's winning and edgeguarding, where as if he's losing and edgeguarding its only 60/40, since u have to actually consider inhale, and not do as risky stuff.

once on the ledge itself, mk should be able to get on for free nearly every time with a simple mixup, if u watch my vids vs co, u'll hopefully notice what it is, im not spelling everything out.

In any case, if u look at the numbers enough, and i don't say average, but roughly estimate, i'd say if u heard that a mk was currently playing a ddd, u could guess its a 65/35 situation going on, at any one time, without looking at the screen.

^^^^^My two and a half cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom