• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight's Revenge: The Official Match-Up Thread *Wario* -> GO

Status
Not open for further replies.

OverLade

Smash Hero
I remember when Koskinator took a game off me on Wifi in a tournament. There was like a whole second of button delay...

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
This would be a matchup we could win if Tornado wasn't beaten by Warlock Punch.

From any angle.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Kos is good, he probably can take a game off a lot of MKs IRL.

Doesn't mean Ganon is any better...

Except in MELEE! One forward air, one stock! And beats Ivan Ooze 80-20.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Anytime you mention Melee style Ganon, you must follow it with a bellowing "KAGE!!!!!!!!!!", then "DIVINE BEING!!!!!!!", and end it with "WARRIOR SPIRIT!!!!!".

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Anytime you mention Melee style Ganon, you must follow it with a bellowing "KAGE!!!!!!!!!!", then "DIVINE BEING!!!!!!!", and end it with "WARRIOR SPIRIT!!!!!".
You're right, I have failed...

*prepares to committ Sepuku*

But before I do....

Kos is good, he probably can take a game off a lot of MKs IRL.

Doesn't mean Ganon is any better...

Except in MELEE! Because of KAGE!!!!!!!!! One forward air, one stock! DIVINE BEING!!!!!!! And beats Ivan Ooze 80-20.

WARRIOR SPIRIT!!!!!!!

*fixed*

NOBODY beats Ivan Ooze.
KAGE!!!!! Beats Ivan Ooze, because melee Ganondorf is a DIVINE BEING!!!! And Ivan Ooze's lack of hitstun doesn't stop FORWARD AIR! One stock, gone, right there. All he can do is uselessly throw fireballs.

WARRIOR SPIRIT!!!!!

Now everyone join the social group, m'kay?

Nitrix

Smash Ace
If you have the muscle memory to do it, Diddy Kong. Many people still have no idea how to deal with him, and he pwns the majority of the cast

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Except Wario.

I honestly think Wario will turn out to be the worst matchup for Diddy. Like I know people moan about Snake for Diddy, but seriously Wario with a good enough lead, running from Diddy, maybe a banana in hand? Ewww is all I can say lol.

Jupz

Smash Master
Except Wario.

I honestly think Wario will turn out to be the worst matchup for Diddy. Like I know people moan about Snake for Diddy, but seriously Wario with a good enough lead, running from Diddy, maybe a banana in hand? Ewww is all I can say lol.
Couldn't Metaknight accomplish this just as well?

MiniTroika

Smash Journeyman
How the hell do I fight Lucario. Campy ones.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Why are you even letting him camp? You're supposed to go after him. Approach him with tilts and be creative in the air (punish accordingly). He will dair your shield twice often so don't be predictable in how you react to it.

When he's trying to recover, ALWAYS grab the ledge. He's either forced to land on the stage and eat a N-Air or cling to the wall and still eat a N-Air and gets spiked. YOU WIN

MiniTroika

Smash Journeyman
Except Wario.

I've already contemplated using Wario against Diddy Kong just for this purpose.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Geez, people are STILL having trouble with the Lucario MU?
tisk, tisk.
That's cus I picked up MK only a month ago. I SORRY I IS SCRUB OK???

MiniTroika said:
Why are you even letting him camp? You're supposed to go after him. Approach him with tilts and be creative in the air (punish accordingly). He will dair your shield twice often so don't be predictable in how you react to it.

When he's trying to recover, ALWAYS grab the ledge. He's either forced to land on the stage and eat a N-Air or cling to the wall and still eat a N-Air and gets spiked. YOU WIN
I DO go after him. D:
I keep screwing up power shields because wifail is gay. The only reason I'm playing wifi is because I don't really have people to vs, I can't drive, and the nearest smasher is 20 minutes away. Sassy's smashfest is like.. 1~2 hours away lol.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
I played Junebug in a lot of friendlies this weekend, and the matchup was very easy even when I was exhausted and SD-happy. Don't glide back to the stage, don't be afraid of gimping him, and powershield Aura Sphere/fsmash. Lucario sucks against spaced tilts on your shield, he'll end up just dodging or rolling when you poke at him since he lacks any other options. Grounded up B when he jumps at you with an aerial or just ftilt him (that **** hits so high).

Utilt beats his dair, spaced fairs are relatively safe on him, and smart dair camping works. He can uair or Aura Sphere you between dairs if you aren't careful. Tornado also ***** Lucario if you're good with your horizontal spacing of it, don't let him get out and dair you.

MiniTroika

Smash Journeyman
That's cus I picked up MK only a month ago. I SORRY I IS SCRUB OK???

I DO go after him. D:
I keep screwing up power shields because wifail is gay. The only reason I'm playing wifi is because I don't really have people to vs, I can't drive, and the nearest smasher is 20 minutes away. Sassy's smashfest is like.. 1~2 hours away lol.
Oh please, I don't even have a car and I still make it to people's places. I live next to LAX and It takes like an hour to get to Fiction's house in NORTHRIDGE just to play this stupid game.

You mentioned wifi, so you're probably referring to cutestlillucario. Of course you're losing to lucario~~It's online! Any advice that's given in the matchup thread does not apply to wifi. You're just wasting your time. The only matchup advice for wifi is play you're gayest. That applies to offline too, but it gets harder as the skill level of your opponent rises.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
@ -Doom- : Thanks man

Oh please, I don't even have a car and I still make it to people's places. I live next to LAX and It takes like an hour to get to Fiction's house in NORTHRIDGE just to play this stupid game.

You mentioned wifi, so you're probably referring to cutestlillucario. Of course you're losing to lucario~~It's online! Any advice that's given in the matchup thread does not apply to wifi. You're just wasting your time. The only matchup advice for wifi is play you're gayest. That applies to offline too, but it gets harder as the skill level of your opponent rises.
Okay, okay. Jeez. I'm asking the MK MU thread so I can be prepared when I actually get to play people offline. Everything is a waste of time, but that doesn't matter to me, so I'm asking for your help. What else am I supposed to fight? CPUs? I mean level 1s aren't bad for practicing something, but that doesn't help with the MU as much as playing real people.. a green connection isn't exactly terrible (well, it is compared to offline, but yeah)
By the way, Could you show me a thread where there are like maybe lists of smashfests near MD/VA?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Online v. Lucario:

Don't spotdodge or airdodge, you have better options, and Lucario's lingering stuff eats this up

learn tornado really well, catch him so that he can't footstool or DI out of it

watch his habits really carefully, lots of wifi lucarios have exploitable patterns in this MU.

Try to be patient and stay grounded or be really good at spacing your dair, ftilt is really good unless they really know how to get past it

Be very patient in the gimp. Edgehog when you need to, but try to let go and try for a dair/nair when he lands from his upB onstage, and make sure you don't get hit with his own aerials since that pretty much insures a safer recovery for him even if it's something small like fair lol.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Online v. Lucario:

Don't spotdodge or airdodge, you have better options, and Lucario's lingering stuff eats this up

learn tornado really well, catch him so that he can't footstool or DI out of it

watch his habits really carefully, lots of wifi lucarios have exploitable patterns in this MU.

Try to be patient and stay grounded or be really good at spacing your dair, ftilt is really good unless they really know how to get past it

Be very patient in the gimp. Edgehog when you need to, but try to let go and try for a dair/nair when he lands from his upB onstage, and make sure you don't get hit with his own aerials since that pretty much insures a safer recovery for him even if it's something small like fair lol.
Lucarios get so predictable.. especially when they roll.
I just keep dying because I can't powershield. wifail

Thanks for the advice!

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
If it's a rollcario, dsmash will do pretty well, especially at higher percents. After all, the stronger hitbox is in the back, and for some odd reason, a lot of Lucarios think they can roll behind and punish like a crossup lol.

But imo a lot of MKs don't dedicate enough to a patient edgeguarding/gimp game, which they could be scoring a lot more damage/stock against a Lucario when performed correctly.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Oh, I forgot to mention--

When you call a roll behind you after dtilt/ftilt, use nair or dsmash. Nair preferred since it lingers, but both are acceptable.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Nope. Free throw offstage, free damage. A read is a read.

And yes, so many people do that ****.
Aahahah, okay, thanks.

phi1ny3 said:
If it's a rollcario, dsmash will do pretty well, especially at higher percents. After all, the stronger hitbox is in the back, and for some odd reason, a lot of Lucarios think they can roll behind and punish like a crossup lol.

But imo a lot of MKs don't dedicate enough to a patient edgeguarding/gimp game, which they could be scoring a lot more damage/stock against a Lucario when performed correctly.
Yeah I used to be really aggressive and I just got *****, so I played slower and I won.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
From what I got from Ksizzle's interview Dair camping doesn't work on Lucario's shield. Ftilt is way better vs Lucario.
Good to know. Thanks. :chuckle: I kept trying to space dairs and I got punished.

PS... When are we re doing this thread

Jem.

Smash Master
I know a lot of you probably don't know me, or a lot of you just think I'm bad, but I've played against Felix's Diddy (I'm number 1 in the Pacific Northwest, he is number 2) a lot of times. And before you say he isn't as good as ADHD - That is probably true for the time being, but he gets better every tournament, and at Tourneyplay 3 he beat Havok 2-0 so clearly he has a lot of potential. So I am just going to say how I feel on the matchup.

I think the matchup first off, is 55 - 45 Metaknights favor.

Things you NEED to do to have success against Diddy:

Play extremely aggressive. A lot of diddys are now doing the "ADHD wall" with peanuts and beanuts, they want you to camp and be behind in the match. You have to be smart while you're doing this though. What this means is RARELY, IF EVER, hitting diddy's shield. It is NO-GO if he has a banana, you're asking to get comboed if you attack his shield while he has a banana. What you can do, is attack the corner of his shield with dair at the top part, he cant punish that.

Attack diddys recovery from above. A lot of diddys have now learned that if they keep Metaknight parallel to himself, the over b has so much priority that it'll latch onto Metaknight, ruining your edge-guard. Attack his recovery from above-diagonally with dair or even fast falling fair.

Start the match off with dash attack!! every diddy either pulls a banana from the ground, or jumps and pulls a banana. I've gotten a quick starting gimp that way. If they don't pull out a banana to start for some reason, play aggressive as heck. If the dash attack hits, bthrow reverse fair and follow the edge-guard up. If they aren't used to the aggressive aerial b, you can do that after the fair and kill him, but most automatically air dodge, so wait for the read. If they jumped and the dash attack didn't hit, follow up with tornado or upair, diddy is useless if he's above you.

This is important for all matches, BUT DON'T GET DESPERATE FOR THE KILL! Diddy is probably the character who can punish kill-greed the most. If you start spamming down smash, diddy has one of the best shields in the game and it wont hit nor break his shield even if the shield is small! Just keep playing your game to get him off the ground. If you see the opening by all means do it, but do NOT get desperate for the kill.

Counterpick Brinstar if they ban Rainbow. Counterpick Rainbow, Frigate, or Castle Seige if they ban Brinstar. I've found success on Castle Seige by fighting for the first transformation, running and getting little hits in on the 2nd (try not to let him refresh his moves on the statues though, use them as bait) and running on the 3rd transformation. Be careful though, a lot of diddy's nowadays practice on Rainbow and Delfino a lot, which is why I didn't include Delfino (you can pick it I suppose if youre really comfortable there)

Shield up b diddy's bananas! When diddy is starting to throw bananas at you when you're both on the ground, if you're frame perfect your shield up b will hit him. This is a lot more suggestable at a higher percent, as he will recover quicker at lower percent and fight for control again. Try standing in front of diddy when he has 2 bananas ready and he'll likely glide toss one at you -- its kind of a mind game like an empty short hop or walking at them.

z-catch diddys bananas! when he throws a banana at you, short hop and press z as its about to hit you, and you'll catch the banana no lag! remember the same goes for diddy though, so be smart once you have the banana. Banana control is probably THE most important part of this matchup, so you can't give up the bananas back to him that quickly.

Be careful with your tilts! again, because diddys shield is soooo good, he can actually frame-perfect shield grab out of your tilt even without a banana if you're too close. Especially be careful for that if he has a banana -- you should just try to poke his shield at that point on the corners.

Keep diddy above you!! this is pretty common, but still extremely vital to racking percent. You can bait an air dodge then tornado, you can straight up tornado, up air, nair, whatever. Just try to keep him in the air AS LONG AS POSSIBLE to rack up damage.

I will come up with more later if people like this..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom