• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight's Revenge: The Official Match-Up Thread *Wario* -> GO

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfiniteBlaze

Smash Apprentice
MK has no bad matchups. Why are you even doing this? Hes godlike. All matchups are 90:10 in his favor. He has infinite Pros, and his 1 con is that he is light weight. An excuse I hear? MK doesnt have projectiles? Oh, i must have heard you wrong because metaknight is a projectile

Obvious troll is obvious

smasher01

Smash Ace
What are some good tips against Diddy?

I can't beat a somewhat competent diddy to save my life.
Power shield and D-air camp when you see an opening air dodge into him do it behind him for a grab or in frount of him for a spaced f-tilt or down tilt. try to control hes bananas, i use Z to pick them up when falling on them.

ill put up a vid for you of me fighting diddy i kinda ***** him in the 2 matches but you will learn from them.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I get to do it cause my d*** is bigger.

Dang. Looks like I got ya Doom.

On a serious note, I'll ask someone. For the time being, I would like to say MK 6/4 against Wario. That is all.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
I get to do it because my **** is smaller. :) Using that DMG logic that smaller = better.

I agree with MK/Wario being 6-4 for sure.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I get to do it because my **** is smaller. :) Using that DMG logic that smaller = better.

I agree with MK/Wario being 6-4 for sure.
Dang. Worthy opponent. Declaring his manhood is smaller just to win an argument.

Your got has been reversed. I have not been got however because a got counter is different from a counter-got.

MK/Wario 6/4 indeed to stay on topic.

Max Ketchum

I, once again, concur with this wise man with the Wario sig.

MK's walls shut Wario down hard. Even with Wario's superb mobility, he still has trouble getting around walls of uairs, fairs, nairs, tilts, up Bs, tornadoes, etc.

I meant to post this at like, 10:30 last night.

Staco

Smash Champion
MK's walls shut Wario down hard. Even with Wario's superb mobility, he still has trouble getting around walls of uairs, fairs, nairs, tilts, up Bs, tornadoes, etc.
this

the wario has to try to be tricky to land the hits and playing it very safe so he wont get outspaced
wario cant punish MK after a spaced aerial in the air, so he has to try to get around it, his mobility wont help him there

did any1 allready mention, that metaknight got some cool setups on warios air release?
nair, up b (ground and air), uair string combos :)

one problem is that MK cant force wario to do an air release :/

I personaly think the MU is 55:45

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
He can, but it is under very specific circumstances besides the regular grabbing wario over an edge or wario player mashing jump.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
Red halberd is one of my favorite smashers. I'm sad to see him picking up Snake :(

I'd like to help with the take over of this thread. I suck at editing and stuff though, so I just want to be invovled in anyway I can.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
What do Mk players think about the Sheik-MK MU?

They don't think about it. lol

Shiek boards think it's 60/40 MK's favor. Theres not many good Sheik's around so it's hard to say. The few I've played I didn't like the match up though. Spacing against Shiek was very difficult for me and grab release into DACUS really sucked. I can't imagine a Shiek taking out any top MK player though.

Nic64

Smash Lord
55:45 IMO, I think Sheik can actually do a lot of things against MK that characters that are better than her overall can't...I haven't played a good Sheik IRL though so I say that mostly based on theory.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Nic, I think it's 45-55 only on FD. Maybe on SV, BF, and PS1 as well. Any other stages just help MK out more than Sheik from what i've experienced. I personally love Halberd for the low ceiling but it's a great MK stage so that's just player preference.

Also winning on the MK's cp is almost impossible considering i'm either going to Brinstar or RC.

Nic64

Smash Lord
Yeah I suppose I didn't consider that, I'm stupid and I usually go back to something neutralish. But then the same can be said for Diddy and a lot of people think he's near even(I think he's pretty screwed in best of 5 in most regions though). But that goes to show that zoze was right, we really -don't- think about it.

Max Ketchum

Between MK's tilts being great pressure options on Sheik that wall her basic ground approaches, Shuttle Loop covering her aerial approaches, tornado beating her entire moveset, offstage being a nightmare, and the general ineffectiveness of Sheik's strategy on MK (punishing your opponent for landing), I think it's 65-35. Grab release DACUS is cool, but Sheik really can't hold MK off.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Between MK's tilts being great pressure options on Sheik that wall her basic ground approaches, Shuttle Loop covering her aerial approaches, tornado beating her entire moveset, offstage being a nightmare, and the general ineffectiveness of Sheik's strategy on MK (punishing your opponent for landing), I think it's 65-35. Grab release DACUS is cool, but Sheik really can't hold MK off.
Needles, chain, dsmash all beat tornado. We can also stop it with a FF bair or nair if we SDI out of the initial hit as well.

MK's tilts are amazing against Sheik, but once she gets inside of his range her amazing frame data is what makes her able to somewhat compete with MK.

Not to mention MK could potentially die at 90% from a grab.

I agree though that recovering is a nightmare for Sheik:(.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
The "initial" hit of tornado varies on where they hit you. If they hit you with the very side of Tornado and don't "push" you further into the center, you really can't hope to SDI/bounce out of it reliably.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Yes I am aware of that.

Twas' just a response to the "nado beats all of Sheiks moveset" comment.

Nic64

Smash Lord
Shield > tornado, at 90%ish especially you can't risk leaving yourself open like that, if it gets shielded either you get grabbed or you run to a platform which is a free usmash on a lot of stages, it's pretty much always a free hit of some kind.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Unfortunately what you guys are referencing to is the fact that regions vary widely in rulesets which makes it difficult to make the match-up consistent. I generally prefer to go with SBR rules and mention what certain stage bans do as "additional information", but me personally will probably find a ICs for example, a heck of a lot more difficult to counterpick then somebody from midwest.

Yes I am aware of that.

Twas' just a response to the "nado beats all of Sheiks moveset" comment.
In other words it was a "we're not marth!" comment.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Torandoing against Sheik is pretty much risking getting grabbed, as not only can Sheik shield tornado, she can crouch under it too. Sure there are a few things you can do to avoid this, but I dont think nado ***** Sheik much harder than it would **** any other character, and Sheik actually has the running speed to punish it consistently.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Torandoing against Sheik is pretty much risking getting grabbed, as not only can Sheik shield tornado, she can crouch under it too. Sure there are a few things you can do to avoid this, but I dont think nado ***** Sheik much harder than it would **** any other character, and Sheik actually has the running speed to punish it consistently.
Who is the best Sheik?

OverLade

Smash Hero
Light, I played him at Winterfest last month. He told me I was playing the matchup wrong though lol.

Which is funny to me since I play a Sheik player from Tampa whos really good all the time and thought I knew the matchup. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom