• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight's HURTbubbles!

Judo777

Smash Master
To be fair, Judo. Anyone who looks at the video can glean that sort of information.
Well i know and thats what i figured. That why i was a little surprised when somebody said that..... that's not the case. Because my original post at smash researcher was saying that he was mistaken in saying that Snake and Sheiks hurtbox were also small comparing them to MK's in which the 2 really arent that similar.

And also why is it so strange to make a comment about an obvious thing. Dark 3nergy made an obvious comment too but no one mentioned this.

Actually upon re-reading ur post i realize u were simply referring to hurtbubbles and not the total area of the hurtbox. So i stand corrected in correcting you upon realizing that the point u made was accurate although it really didn't relate to my post.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Heavy armor for double jump, my bad.

I never knew about Dash attack.

Not sure why I thought Nair had super armor...

Mikachiru

Smash Ace
super armor =/= invincibility anyway

Indeed.

Super armor= Possessing unstoppable properties during an attack however, you will still take damage if you are struck during the attack. I.E: Snake's Cypher

Invincibility= Possesing unstoppable properties during an attack and you don't take damage. Also, it's usually certain frames of the attack. I.E: First few frames of Wolf's reflector.

For those who don't know. ;)

Mikachiru

Smash Ace
Whoops, my bad Masky. I forgot you could knock Snake out of it. D:

Ignore my ignorance.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Snake's up-b does not have super armor. It has what is called "heavy armor", since it only has the super armor effect when Snakes takes hits which deal low amounts of percent, but Snake is knocked away by stronger moves. Other characters have heavy armor too, for instance Wario has it when he is riding his motorcycle.

There is also an even greater distinction between super armor and invincibility than what you stated. First of all, you can grab someone out of super armor, but an invincible opponent can not be grabbed. In addition, if you attack someone who has super armor, you incur hitlag, while this is not true for invincibility. There is actually a 2nd kind of invincibility which occurs when a character first drops down from the angel platform, which is identical to normal invincibility except that if they are hit by an opponent the opponent incurs hitlag.
Wario has heavy-armor on his bike? Interesting to know; I always thought it was super-armor. I guess that brings up the number of characters I know that have heavy-armor to 4 (which includes Yoshi, Snake, Wario, and Diddy).

By the way, there are apparently two types of heavy-armor. Snake's heavy-armor is damage dependent, so any move that can do at least 6% of damage will knock him out of it, no matter what the knockback is. Yoshi's heavy armor is knockback dependent (which also depends on his percentage), so a move with enough knockback will knock him out of it, no matter how much damage it does.

:069:

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, does the video show the hurtboxes of torndao? Maybe I missed it. This looks really cool, kudos.

In addition, if you attack someone who has super armor, you incur hitlag, while this is not true for invincibility.
Oooh, didn't know there was no hitlag for invincibility.

I use to practice shine nair pillar timing in melee using starman in training mode to emulate the hitlag from shield. Didn't know this isn't the case for brawl. :)

Judo777

Smash Master
There are two types of invincibility in Brawl, one that gives hitlag and one that doesn't. Starman might give the special kind of invincibility. But yeah, normal invincibility doesn't have hitlag. Think about when you spotdodge something or airdodge through a move, is there hitlag?
Lol how funny would it be if there was? It would make spotdodges even better. You could punish dodged jabs with smashes lol

The Truth!

Smash Ace
Yes, they are Smashball aura placements.
Wait, so this is video is not hurtbubbles? Seemed to look fairly different from melee...

Also why is this in tactical anyways? Wasnt another thread moved to the metaknight boards because it was about metaknight?

Hive

Smash Lord
Also why is this in tactical anyways? Wasnt another thread moved to the metaknight boards because it was about metaknight?
Probably because his hitbubbles are an uncontroversial subject I guess even though it clearly has the same qualities that justified moving other threads into areas with less open viewer traffic.

Tbh I don't see why people can't have at least 1 subject on mk in tactical.. its going to be talked about because it is very relevant to the metagame, play, character viability, skill as a determining factor and community health. Its not going to stop discussion by banning threads about it, that will only cause the issue to get spammed and moderation is going to have to deal with it. The best they can do is focus it into 1 or 2 threads and have those threads refreshed after every month or so so the information doesn't get too bulky and cause players to have more incentive to post elsewhere. Besides players constantly talking about issues they deem important is the only way to incentivize the bbr to take up topics, the issue is only given as much attention as it is because the bbr have been ignoring any discussion on the issue for over a year when it obviously is relevant to what people think gameplay needs to talk about especially since new frame information, planking and how characters after given more time to develop fare against mk have shown the capacity to change the prior reasons for their decision.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Close this thread. It's not even hurtbubbles, it's the points that aura is displayed when you break a smash ball.

You know... smash ball aura... it's the points that that aura generates off of when you have it.

Now please close this thread...

:093:

etecoon

Smash Hero
close this thread. It's not even hurtbubbles, it's the points that aura is displayed when you break a smash ball.

You know... Smash ball aura... It's the points that that aura generates off of when you have it.

Now please close this thread...
o
BUT MK'S AURA POINTS ARE SO MUCH SMALLER THAN SHEIK'S, HOW CAN YOU JUST ACCEPT META KNIGHT BEING BETTER THAN SHEIK LIKE THAT???

Top Bottom