• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Q&A Thread

brinboy789

Smash Champion

Babar-Thorbald

Smash Apprentice
I've trained a bit, and I just did the shield too early...
(because if you try to do as I did, you'll end up sliding, then shielding).

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
You answeres your own question. It was a stage spike. You were below the stage as well so when you went into helpless mode you died.

If you were asking about the infinite dimensional cape, yes it is a glitch.
i know infinite dimensional cape is a glitch and i can do it (kinda) wat i ment was is this somthing that happens once in a blue moon or is it sumin i can practice at? the random stage spike it just looked so cool ^^

Tianxiazhai

Smash Journeyman
if timed correctly, and if your opponent is at low percent, is a rising chasing repeated Uair combo inescapable?

The Pope Of Pie

Smash Rookie
Sorry if this has already been asked but I'm really busy and don't have the time to wade through this entire thread.

I just started playing as Meta Knight and have realised that i don't use his specials very much.
Is this very much of a problem? Should i focus on trying to bring his specials into my game?

Tero.

Smash Champion
can you giv me sum tips against ddd plz? tnx alot :)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=179463

kkthxbye

I just started playing as Meta Knight and have realised that i don't use his specials very much.
Is this very much of a problem? Should i focus on trying to bring his specials into my game?
Up B es very good to get kills.
Neutral B to rack up %.
Side B to recover.
Down B ... well almost nothing.

You shouldn't spam them but try to bring them into your gameplay

Legic

Smash Cadet
What are some good secondaries for a meta knight main? I mean what characters are like meta knight. Which chars play like meta knight:dizzy: Hard to explain

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
A quick question, what is your favorite counterpick stage? I will typically pick rainbow cruise, against people like snake, falco or anyone I can easily beat out in the air.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
As Metaknight I usually pick Luigi's Mansion or Norfair. I sometimes go to Rainbow Cruise but if I were going there anyway I'd rather choose Game & Watch.

TheM

Smash Rookie
A quick question, what is your favorite counterpick stage? I will typically pick rainbow cruise, against people like snake, falco or anyone I can easily beat out in the air.
RC is an okay choice, especially against snake and falco. i usually will just go battlefield, halberd, defino, or luigi's mansion as a last resort. Call me a scrub for not "play to win" or whatever, but I personally hate "gay" stages like brinstar and norfair.
my favorite is pretty much battlefield as I am most accustomed to it.

Kevin

Smash Journeyman
What's a good throw to use once I've gotten a grab? I've mainly stuck with down throw but recently started using up-throw and back-throw more. Is it purely situational? Or is there a 'better' grab?

Kevin

Smash Journeyman
Sounds good. Is it possible at all to suicide kill with up throw like Kirby in Melee? Not counting moving platforms like on Smashville moving out of the way during an upthrow, but rather on like the side of the ledge, then DIing into death.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
What's a good throw to use once I've gotten a grab? I've mainly stuck with down throw but recently started using up-throw and back-throw more. Is it purely situational? Or is there a 'better' grab?
D-throw will be your go-to throw, as it can lead to many different follow-ups.

U-throw KO's at high percentages and does 13% max; his strongest throw.

Is it possible at all to suicide kill with up throw like Kirby in Melee? Not counting moving platforms like on Smashville moving out of the way during an upthrow, but rather on like the side of the ledge, then DIing into death.
No. You'll always land in the same spot your were at with your U-throw, even if you're on a platform and it moves (assuming there are no platforms above you).

Deoxys

Smash Lord
theyre all good except up.
I'm reluctant to argue with someone who's better than me, but I think they're all good except forward. I mean uthrow does the most damage by itself, can do REALLY low % KOs at a spot on Rainbow Cruise, and can Omnigay.

Tero.

Smash Champion
yahuz grounded up B all day.

You could also wait and let him approach :)

Kevin

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I just read the matchup thread, I guess I was pulling out the tornado too slow, I was basically timing it where an up-b would have been perfect. Thanks for the advice :)

Atria

Smash Journeyman
Excuse me, is there an operating MK online finder thread? I've used the search function, but characters other than MK came up. I'm just wondering because I play a good MK and I wouldn't mind posting up my details so people can challenge me if they wish. Thanks in advance!

Gates

Banned via Warnings
This is the 666th post in the thread, so I feel obligated to ask this.

Is Metaknight the devil?

M4ssimo

Smash Rookie
i need help bad! My friend and I play tons of friendlies. He mains ZSS and for some reason i cant approach well, and i cant keep her above me. He always comes at me with up-airs and since i am a mk i think that my dair is so beast that is better ther her uair. So i always use it but her uair has more range then my dair. I Need some tips on how to rack up dmg on her and keep her above me, as well as the best way to approach a ZSS.

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
M2k

Dojo or anyone here who knows their stuff, what makes M2K so awesome that he ***** the hardest? How is it that he is so much better than any other MK or player one can imagine? Though he can occasionally lose he's still continuing to **** harder than before.
Does anyone provide an intelligent response telling me how strategically he is better than us all? BTW what is his real name anyway? I've heard in tourneys the commentators only address him as M2K.

Thanks

Deoxys

Smash Lord
Dojo or anyone here who knows their stuff, what makes M2K so awesome that he ***** the hardest? How is it that he is so much better than any other MK or player one can imagine? Though he can occasionally lose he's still continuing to **** harder than before.
Does anyone provide an intelligent response telling me how strategically he is better than us all? BTW what is his real name anyway? I've heard in tourneys the commentators only address him as M2K.

Thanks
IDK why you want to know his name, but I hear people call him by his name all the time. His first name is Jason. I'd give you his last name but he might not want me to tell people who ask, lol.

The answer is bc he's the best player, and has been since the final days of melee. He focuses on mastering the relevant matchups, and thus rarely loses, since he is always better than his opponent....

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
IDK why you want to know his name, but I hear people call him by his name all the time. His first name is Jason. I'd give you his last name but he might not want me to tell people who ask, lol.

The answer is bc he's the best player, and has been since the final days of melee. He focuses on mastering the relevant matchups, and thus rarely loses, since he is always better than his opponent....
AWWW THATS IT HES OFFICIALLY COOOOOOOL!!!!!!!

NO QUESTIONS ABOUT IT HES GOT THE BEST NAME IN THE WORLD HE IS ONE OF MANY GODS AND NO ONE SAY OTHERWISE!!!!

On topic: i find im quite a lazy MK only rlly moving or attacking when i need to i still win but its always a nice close match should i wake up? oh and can someone tell me the thread that shows the starting points of the drill rush off the stage so you grab the edge?

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412

Thanks
M2K is by far the most efficient MK player and makes nearly no mistakes when playing.

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
M2K is by far the most efficient MK player and makes nearly no mistakes when playing.
no mistakes? OMG is he God? I saw that he ***** Kevin so hard he left him crying because he made virtually no mistakes during the match. Can anyone define common mistakes you can make with MK and how to prevent them recurring?

Top Bottom