• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Q&A Thread

Tbagz

Smash Journeyman
yo guys, i need serious help.

i use to DESTROY my friends marth, every day all day w/o trying, but apparently i took a break from smash to party it up while he sat back and got better.

i NEVER do re-search ever.
i never watch videos on MKs.

but i want to.

i have an overly agressive MK, but his marth is so defensive he always beats me to the D tilt, he always out-prioritizes me with the F-smash.

when i side step he does his foward B.
when i recover gliding he comes out and BAIRs me or he just does his up-B out of his sheild

the fight went from 70-30 me to like 50-50.

i just want to destroy lives again.

if anyone can send me some links to some really good match up forums, or videos it would be awesome. or some advice.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
first two hits of f/b-air to grab/ down smash/shuttle loop
rising down air to glide attack with out jumping again

are these possible and do they combo
idk for sure. I'd just go into practice mode and experiment.

yo guys, i need serious help.

i use to DESTROY my friends marth, every day all day w/o trying, but apparently i took a break from smash to party it up while he sat back and got better.

i NEVER do re-search ever.
i never watch videos on MKs.

but i want to.

i have an overly agressive MK, but his marth is so defensive he always beats me to the D tilt, he always out-prioritizes me with the F-smash.

when i side step he does his foward B.
when i recover gliding he comes out and BAIRs me or he just does his up-B out of his sheild

the fight went from 70-30 me to like 50-50.

i just want to destroy lives again.

if anyone can send me some links to some really good match up forums, or videos it would be awesome. or some advice.
Try not playing so offensively and focus on playing smart; watch for his mistakes and punish him.

Tbagz

Smash Journeyman
Try not playing so offensively and focus on playing smart; watch for his mistakes and punish him.
i did, he knows my style to well though.

also, ironically MK is his best match up, literally he does the best when he plays MK's.. so w/e i place higher then him when we do get to go to tournies..

idk, i needed more of an answer then that, thanks anyway

Reapd

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I just picked up MK. I love him!!! He's amazing. But I need to know a good way to finish people that doesn't require alot of lag. And I would like to know a good way to edge guard. Thanks Much :).

Reapd

Smash Apprentice
I'm really ****ing worried. I am twice as good as my friend but he can beat me like 8 in a row when I play him. He button mashes. He doesn't even practice. But he can win a lot against me.:(

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
I'm really ****ing worried. I am twice as good as my friend but he can beat me like 8 in a row when I play him. He button mashes. He doesn't even practice. But he can win a lot against me.:(
What's the question? :laugh:

Tero.

Smash Champion
Depends on how much he mashes buttons.
Youre from germany ? You should visit germansmash.de

pimpostrous

Smash Rookie
quick question, how you do an in place pivot grab after a shield to grab behind you without moving? like m2k vs dojo at :37 seconds?
and on a similar note, how do you turn around grab right after landing from a jump? I've seen players pull off almost instantaneous turn around grabs with falco, but not sure if metaknight can do the same thing.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
just tap one direction, then immediately the other, then grab. It works the same with MK.

Reapd

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys. I have a question about controllers..... What is the best controller to use when trying to do an extended cloak? I use a wiimote nunchuck combo. And From what I hear I think I should switch to GNC controller just because it has every control you need without compromising the layout of the controller. And I have my own controls for the wiimote/nunchuck combo. So yea............. Thanks Much.:bee::dizzy:

pixelbind

Smash Cadet
best way to approach someone that spams dash attacks as mk?

oh and pikachu's edgeguarding with down+b (its really annoying...)

thx in advance

K 2

Smash Lord
Does fair and bair count as three separate moves towards the stale moves counter?

Tap jump on or off?

Is IDC completely banned, or is it just banned for stalling? i.e. you IDC past someone's wall of projectiles.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Does fair and bair count as three separate moves towards the stale moves counter?
No. They count as 1 move each.

Tap jump on or off?
I prefer Tap Jump On; allows for easy Up-air strings and Shuttle Loop out of shield.

Is IDC completely banned, or is it just banned for stalling? i.e. you IDC past someone's wall of projectiles.
It's completely banned.

AndrewCarlson

Smash Journeyman
What's the best way to approach someone quite a distance off-stage? Meta Knight has a pretty slow air speed, so I often struggle to make it out in time to gimp them.

Reapd

Smash Apprentice
What's the best way to approach someone quite a distance off-stage? Meta Knight has a pretty slow air speed, so I often struggle to make it out in time to gimp them.
I honestly have no idea. I either know where to go and do gimp him, or I'm too slow. I think its just your reaction time to what you did. :confused:

Tenki

Smash Hero
best way to approach someone that spams dash attacks as mk?
Are you talking about someone who uses MK's dash attacks alot?

You can try shieldgrabbing, or running backwards and pivot grabbing his ending lag.

My question:
So, does spamming U-air as you double/x-jump really help you rise faster? lol

nessfonfabre

Smash Rookie
i was playing my friend and they were meta they used meta's d+b and vanished way way longer than usual like 5 - 7 seconds can you explain how to do this

brinboy789

Smash Champion
How does metaknight finish off snake? Is it just known that he lives to 170 every stock?
gimping him is the way to go. although thats hard to do, it sbetter then dsmashing him @ 200 -_-

My question:
So, does spamming U-air as you double/x-jump really help you rise faster? lol
it makes you rise faster then just jumping, and gives you better DI to work with

K 2

Smash Lord
Who is MK's hardest matchup, in your opinion (to all MK users)? I know MK technically has no bad matchup, but which is the toughest (relatively speaking)?

Deoxys

Smash Lord
Most likely an experienced Snake user. It's barely in MK's favor.
Bolded part is full of crap when stated as consensus. Initial part is correct.

Olimar is annoying, and ZSS is even or barely in MK's favor but not tedious like Olimar.

How does metaknight finish off snake? Is it just known that he lives to 170 every stock?
MK finishes off Snake at 170 every stock, but it's still far from hopeless for MK since he can punish a recovering Snake heavily unless the Snake punishes himself with C4 to avoid conflict.

...Are you sure you actually know what you are talking about?
You're not actually asking a question here are you?

Deoxys

Smash Lord
Hey. This is my video. Critique me as much as possible please.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-2o4utJ_JE
Usmash, neutral A, and Cape WAAAY less. If you're approaching in the mirror, a Dair is pretty subpar unless facing backwards. Also, use more retreating aerials. DSmash more, and obv try not to SD. Work on DIing (and A/ASDIing) better, and don't use rolls for spacing as much. Also, shield-cancel your pivots. Spotdodge more. Also, end your Nados so the landing lag cancels as much as possible (finish about height of DK's head).

Oops DP.

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Not originally, but I would like to know if when I do a dthrow>dash pivot grab on my friend's snake at low percents, is it just him being dumb with DI or is it a legit thing to do?

Top Bottom