• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Q&A Thread

Zinc Elemental

Smash Journeyman
You guys are waiting your demise of MK being banned because if its not happening soon the competitive enviroment you all love so much is going to end so learn to play a new character.....Please and im not trying to be an a** about this but MK is obviously way to broken and needs to be banned.
Doesn't seem like too much of a question to me...

Alternate275

Smash Journeyman
So I'm sure this has been asked already... But can anybody please explain something about Meta-Knight's hitbox behaviors for his Final Smash?

If anybody can, explain any/all details for the hitbox and it's conduct.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
So I'm sure this has been asked already... But can anybody please explain something about Meta-Knight's hitbox behaviors for his Final Smash?

If anybody can, explain any/all details for the hitbox and it's conduct.
To hit anybody, you have to make MK's cape touch another character when he initiates his final smash. The character that touches his cape takes around 40% and receives a lot of knockback while everyone else on the screen takes around 14% and receives little knockback.

I'm surprised I even remember that :laugh:

I S1NC0 I

Smash Rookie
Yo I got one short question with a long answer. Here it is: Who are the characters Meta Knight is best against? Could someone please make a list and post it responding to this post? I know some of the charcters he's good against but I want a complete list so I can use it to choose who I play as Meta Knight against.

Zinc Elemental

Smash Journeyman
I thought at least some characters were good against him, like Snake.
Good against MK means approximately neutral (or a bit in MK's favor). Snake isn't one of those people anymore.

MKs worst match-ups are Diddy and Yoshi, both who are arguably either 50-50 or 45-55 against him.

Deoxys

Smash Lord
Good against MK means approximately neutral (or a bit in MK's favor). Snake isn't one of those people anymore.

MKs worst match-ups are Diddy and Yoshi, both who are arguably either 50-50 or 45-55 against him.
If it's a tournament that uses the SBR recommended ruleset, MK is favored against Diddy at least 55-45 unless Diddy chooses to eliminate Rainbow Cruise.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i'm thinkin captain falcon

even ganon and link can do stuff to mk lol

but not falcon, nope

Ankyfdarkness

Smash Cadet
Can i get some help on some good drill rush attack useses.

I woud all so like to know a good stratege to beat Ice climbers.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Can i get some help on some good drill rush attack useses.

I woud all so like to know a good stratege to beat Ice climbers.
The usage is limited. You can recover well with it, its his best recovery option when he needs to go up and SL won't cut it.

Edgecancels with it are flashy, but its normally not your best option.

Deoxys

Smash Lord
The usage is limited. You can recover well with it, its his best recovery option when he needs to go up and SL won't cut it.
When you don't need all the height of DR, but you need more height than SL would give you at the moment, you can jump into a Nado so that you keep momentum and go up higher than shuttle loop would get you.

JCav

Smash Lord
quick question, do you guys have framerate data on metaknight?

if yes, please show me

and if no, i will do it- as comprehensively as i can

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Does anyone have any tips on how I can do a successful Reverse shuttle loop instead of doing a fail one and suiciding with drill rush?
This is pretty obvious, but just make sure you're only slightly tilting the control stick to the direction you want to SL; too much and you'll DR.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
first two hits of f/b-air to grab/ down smash/shuttle loop
rising down air to glide attack with out jumping again

are these possible and do they combo

Kaotical

Smash Ace
Since this is the Q/A thread, here it goes:

What do you all think is an efficient way to edge-guard if the opponent is down and low off the stage? If they're high and away, it's obvious. What to do when they're low and away?

I usually try and drop with an aerial to bat them away or up-b to spike them off of a ledge. Sometimes I will try and 'nado or drill them near the ledge, grab the ledge, then aerial.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
What do you all think is an efficient way to edge-guard if the opponent is down and low off the stage? If they're high and away, it's obvious. What to do when they're low and away?
D-air is your best option if your opponent is "low and away."

Top Bottom