• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Q&A Thread

NNID
Budget_Player
How do MK's grab release tricks work on lucas? I'm probably going to end up playing against that same lucas at the tournament this weekend that knocked me out of winners last time, so I gotta know this crap. IIRC he only ground releases if I'm pummeling, and then what can I get out of that?

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Run and grab him again, until you are at the edge, then dthrow and follow up with something...

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
Run and grab him again, until you are at the edge, then dthrow and follow up with something...
you can grab him again? O.o i was always confused as to why dsmash had never reached him unless i walked forward a little and did it. lucas is stupid, and people should stop using him.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Yes, just dashgrab as soon as it's possible and you get him to the edge, where you throw him offstage and gimp him. GG lucas.

V

Smash Ace
Marth
Marth
Marth
Marth
This is what I originally said before I edited it. I was talking to M2K about the oli match up and I told him to just pick up marth (jokingly). I need to stop worrying about getting flamed and just speak my mind

Orion*

Smash Researcher
the only thing you wrote that either can A. be found somewhere w/ proper reading or B. takes like 3 paragraphs of writing is whats a pivot grab.

i just kinda assumed someone would answer that for you lol

umm initiate a dash and then quickly push the other direction and grab lol

Kaffei

Smash Hero
or, initiate a dash, and press Z then C stick other direction very fast

whatever works lolollo

Exdeath

Smash Master
I pivot grab by dashing, turning the other direction quickly, pressing shield, and pressing A.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
i sometimes do that **** w/ the pivot grab oos like where you dash shield cstick op direction if i think psing would be a better opption but w/e, its all the same crap

Orion*

Smash Researcher
he just glides at you, and then glide attacks and it will work LMFAO

his mixup is to down b cancel RIGHT in front of your shield and dsmash XDDDD

Staco

Smash Champion
he just glides at you, and then glide attacks and it will work LMFAO

his mixup is to down b cancel RIGHT in front of your shield and dsmash XDDDD
I love to let them think Im doing the glide attack and then just cancel it and grab them :D

Orion*

Smash Researcher
That's my mixup :(

I actually really like to down b cancel behind the opponent and grab.
i like this
I love to let them think Im doing the glide attack and then just cancel it and grab them :D
more than this

but both arent safe. idk gliding itself isnt the safest **** but i suck at it XD

How do you pivot fair?
How do you know if you did invcinair right?
turn around -> fair

you know your invincinairing right if youre
A. Blinking
and
B. didnt get hit LOL

earla

Smash Lord
this is relating the 10 boss battles:

how can mk apply the most damage to a still opponent in the shortest amount of time?

which move combinations work best?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
what exactly is nairos glide? xD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zX-FnPzdDA
0:12
1:56
3:00

Those are da NairoGlidez

His gliding is really precise. People should learn to glide like him & stall like him.

Earla said:
this is relating the 10 boss battles:

how can mk apply the most damage to a still opponent in the shortest amount of time?

which move combinations work best?
Idk, I just go inside them and spam nair.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
For bossbattles, fullhop, nair, jump, nair, jump, nair until you are out of jumps or the boss does some kind of move. Simple enough...

Staco

Smash Champion
orion/dojo/staco answer plz

approaching ROB

xD
Just shield everything on reaction.
Laser should be pretty easy. He could use some gyro mindgames, turn it out, cancel it and try to do something different. Just be prepared for it.
I don´t have that much experience in that MU, but I don´t feel like I have to. The MU is pretty easy in my opinion. Except the ROB is really really good, but then you can just try to outplay him.
U can approach ROB in a lot of different ways.
Tornado is really good, cause it just gets beaten by NAir (which has got a lot of startup), full gyro? and laser. FSmash also beats it, but it´s hard to time for the ROB player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRzhmbaBArg

The Otori vs. OCEAN Videos will maybe help you how to play the MU properly.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
You guys **** Robot. Don't let him recover. When played correctly, Rob will always be out of fuel and die. Also, get him in the air for about 60%. Unfortunately the MU sucks. Too bad, Rob might have had some more potential without it.

etecoon

Smash Hero
When played correctly, Rob will always be out of fuel and die.
nice super theory bros there

rob is pretty ****y though, knowing that he can't air dodge out of his up B without performing an aerial first should make edge guarding him relatively simple, it's not a free KO every time by a long shot, but you can get tons of free % and frequent kills off of it

Orion*

Smash Researcher
You guys **** Robot. Don't let him recover. When played correctly, Rob will always be out of fuel and die. Also, get him in the air for about 60%. Unfortunately the MU sucks. Too bad, Rob might have had some more potential without it.
nice super theory bros there

rob is pretty ****y though, knowing that he can't air dodge out of his up B without performing an aerial first should make edge guarding him relatively simple, it's not a free KO every time by a long shot, but you can get tons of free % and frequent kills off of it
i gotta agree w. lzr actually. m2k was doing that in 2008 LOL, rob has very little options vs mk offstage.

i just rush in and then stand RIGHT at hit ftilt spacing outside of dtilt spacing and wait. when you see him move just wait and ps the ftilt. in that zone rob doesnt really have a lot of good options you cant beat on reaction lol. dash grab is to far, so he wont reach you unless he legit makes it obvious. if he jumps and bairs or w/e away, if you see him take the air JUMP and nado. so that you go over potential nairs

at high levels like vs holy or something this wont work every time because, he can/will bait it but. i think against 99% of robs you can legit just spam this and it will work XDDDD

also, every time you hit rob CHASE him, he should be taking HUGE damage from juggles or getting offstage. he cant really do mch except gimmick or go for uairs or soemthing

etecoon

Smash Hero
every time? I've 0 to death'd robs before, and like I said I definitely acknowledge his recovery being **** vs MK, but I just don't see anyone doing that every time ROB gets hit beyond the ledge

earla

Smash Lord
brood olimar buffers all of his moves?

how could buffering benefit mk?

Top Bottom