• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Q&A Thread

etecoon

Smash Hero
meta knight's pivot grab isn't that good, it has limited uses. it gets a good slide if you don't do it instantly though so it's easier to grab armor a lot of dash attacks and stuff

FEAR977

Smash Apprentice
meta knight's pivot grab isn't that good, it has limited uses. it gets a good slide if you don't do it instantly though so it's easier to grab armor a lot of dash attacks and stuff
I agree.
I believe that the pivot grab isn't that useful with MK. He has alot of options most of the time and pivot grab isn't always the best one.

V

Smash Ace
I'm just used to pivot grabs with marth so I do it every once in a while with mk

-LzR-

Smash Hero
So MK doesn't have a great pivot grab? My god... I have always thought it was godlike and wondered why it doesn't work... Well thanks again for a great tip.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Would it be worth it to have a pocket falco?
no. other characters are way better pockets for mk imo
(coming from an ex falco main, theres not much mu wise that he covers that other characters dont do better)

also, i LOVE meatknights pivotgrab. i think its absolutely amazing, lol, he just better options most of the time. one of the best in the game still xD

etecoon

Smash Hero
I don't consider it one of the best(marth, DDD, snake, characters that have tractor beams for pivot grabs...) but I do use it more than most MK's, it's good if you read a dodge and want to grab and like I said, it can grab armor some things fairly reliably

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Well, he's so fast on the ground, and he's so short. Those things have a lot to do with its usefulness, along with most of his great stuff.

V

Smash Ace
no. other characters are way better pockets for mk imo
(coming from an ex falco main, theres not much mu wise that he covers that other characters dont do better
The reason I wanted to pocket falco was I wanted a campy character for flat stages if somebody cps fd

Flake

Smash Cadet
Why hellooo

I've returned. after a tremendously LONG time off these boards :(
in college now where smash gets way more competitive. I've stopped following these discussions on advanced techs around when brawl was released..but a recent defeat has rekindled my interests.
pretty sure the answers to the rather basic questions in my head are all over the place so I thought I'd just come over here. dunno how newb of an inquiry this is, all my friends in high school looked at me as a smash god cuz I always beat them every time but I knew I never approached pro level.
I got beaten by a Snake D:
spamming grenades and mortars at the edge. not used to dealing with people who actually know strategies of any sort and kept running into the mortars nonstop. any advice besides "don't run into them?" if I'm on the stop he throws grenades and I couldn't figure out a good approach.
btw what's a pivot grab :c

Orion*

Smash Researcher
I don't consider it one of the best(marth, DDD, snake, characters that have tractor beams for pivot grabs...) but I do use it more than most MK's, it's good if you read a dodge and want to grab and like I said, it can grab armor some things fairly reliably
snakes pg ****ing sucks WITHOUT a read.
real talk i can pg mks nado w/ mk fine, but w/ snake that ****s a murder, its wayyyy to slow. yes amazing abusable range, but unless people are running into you not that amazing.
marths and d3s are better prolly though
The reason I wanted to pocket falco was I wanted a campy character for flat stages if somebody cps fd
ics do all of that and much more. diddy does the same as well, and gives you better banana control

diddy prolly the least technical imo, just learn him. even if it doesnt work out you get more banana exp

V

Smash Ace
ics do all of that and much more. diddy does the same as well, and gives you better banana control

diddy prolly the least technical imo, just learn him. even if it doesnt work out you get more banana exp
ICs take too long to get good with. I thought falco was less technical than diddy?

Is marth a good pocket for a mk main?

etecoon

Smash Hero
snakes pg ****ing sucks WITHOUT a read.
real talk i can pg mks nado w/ mk fine, but w/ snake that ****s a murder, its wayyyy to slow. yes amazing abusable range, but unless people are running into you not that amazing.
marths and d3s are better prolly though
snake's everything sucks without a read IMO, but I'd say that about pivot grabs in general, except maybe olimar's because it's nearly unpunishable

I haven't really had any success pivot grabbing nado but maybe I'll try it more, I usually just either shield it or interrupt it with an attack

agreed, IMO every MK should play a little diddy and snake just so you understand naners and nades better, naners especially. and if you do stick with him then you get a great FD character/a character whose counterpicks are starter stages and then you have MK for stupid stages lol

I think marth is a good secondary, maybe biased because I do second him : p he is similar and worse *overall* but there are matchups where he's actually easier, and playing him will force you to refine your basic gameplay more. marth is not a pocket character though, you need to put real time into him

Orion*

Smash Researcher
marth and falco both take more time to get better with than diddy imo. marth being the hardest

past basic banana control diddy isnt that hard

V

Smash Ace
marth and falco both take more time to get better with than diddy imo. marth being the hardest

past basic banana control diddy isnt that hard
Marth takes waaay too much time to be good enough to place at a tourneys. Props to pro marth mains

etecoon

Smash Hero
agreed on transcendent priority, it's hugely overrated sometimes I'd rather have a sword than a laser lol

V

Smash Ace
agreed on transcendent priority, it's hugely overrated sometimes I'd rather have a sword than a laser lol
I'm refering to mk. Its nice to be able to jab and cancel a projectile with marth

Orion*

Smash Researcher
because i dont suck *** with bananas

to legitimately MAIN falco and CONSISTENTLY place high in tournaments with is harder than diddy imo, because Very Very small technical mistakes with falco lead to huge punishments, whileas diddy has a lot more leeway.

also, diddy in itself is just a much more simple character imo, he just shoots ****ing peanuts and if you hit his shield or diddy makes a read you get locked for like 40%. falco has to just bait like the whole match until he can get in some sneaky usmash/bair/utilt/w,e

Top Bottom