• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Q&A Thread

Gnes

Smash Master
Lmafo at Kaffei.
Only Dphat knows. :). SeXy is a tag of self destruction. It only leads to demise.
Nope idk how to beat mk, best character ya heard, should be banned along with that bich snake. Real talk.

How do I DI out of tornado? Is it possible cuz when Dojo and Lee martin tornadoes me I can never get out :(

Dojo

Smash Champion
I use tags that remind me to camp your ***get character
Coming from the **** who's only movements are shooting peanuts and plucking bananas out of his ***.

You don't the know the true meaning of the SeXy tag. You lost to an ike under it. One day I shall teach you the ways.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Whenever I need a gamertag I just use BPC or ->GAY<-
but you dont play gay... at all
I don't use tags
m3k
I use tags that remind me to camp your ***get character
SO random, LURK
Coming from the **** who's only movements are shooting peanuts and plucking bananas out of his ***.

You don't the know the true meaning of the SeXy tag. You lost to an ike under it. One day I shall teach you the ways.
WOW umad.

10throwncontrollers

V

Smash Ace
Anybody have tips on how to handle over aggressive playstyles? Its the one playstyle I have trouble with

etecoon

Smash Hero
I didn't use one mostly before but I need a tag now, I threw my controller the other day and killed my cstick so I'm using the wiichuk again

any particular MU's or people in mind when you say over aggressive? video's? dunno how to answer that really, I'd usually think of the opponent approaching constantly as being hugely advantageous

V

Smash Ace
I didn't use one mostly before but I need a tag now, I threw my controller the other day and killed my cstick so I'm using the wiichuk again

any particular MU's or people in mind when you say over aggressive? video's? dunno how to answer that really, I'd usually think of the opponent approaching constantly as being hugely advantageous
Marth

10aggromarfs

FEAR977

Smash Apprentice
What do you think about using mk in singles. I've been to 3 tournaments and have been the only mk player for singles. Is he bad? Is it unfair? Your input please.:reverse:

Kaffei

Smash Hero
What do you think about using mk in singles. I've been to 3 tournaments and have been the only mk player for singles. Is he bad? Is it unfair? Your input please.:reverse:
Meta Knight is, by far, the best character in the game, at least in conjunction with the current ruleset.
Any counter pick he's betta on it
999992342934022343244223408204823084023984234 options for everything
gay *** recovery he can go from ur mom house to my gramma's house in 1 second
transcendant priority on his sword gay
all his moves are supa fast and gay

earla

Smash Lord
1. vs snake. snake usmashes near you and you're popped up into air.

if i do nothing i'm hit by usmash. if i airdodge snake reacts and uairs. is there a way to avoid the follow up?

2. i do uair strings with jump (y) then u air with c stick. it's slower then just holding up on analog stick and pressing a.

which situations is it better to do each?

3. which situations or setups are there for uairs > nado off the top on heavies?

4. when is mk's reverse shuttle loop useful?

V

Smash Ace

if i do nothing i'm hit by usmash. if i airdodge snake reacts and uairs. is there a way to avoid the follow up?

2. i do uair strings with jump (y) then u air with c stick. it's slower then just holding up on analog stick and pressing a.

3. which situations or setups are there for uairs > nado off the top on heavies?

1. DI away and dair camp to safety

2. Jump and c stick is always better because you have more control and you can follow their DI better

3. If they double jump above you or get stuck on a platform from 0 - 10, uair to your heart's content

4. Reverse shuttle loop is effective when edge guarding and going for early gimps offstage but you have other options for edgeguarding. The thing is shuttle loop has a ton of commitment and if you botch it you can't do anything until you land/grab the ledge. Your aerials are better for edgeguarding

Staco

Smash Champion
Meta Knight is, by far, the best character in the game, at least in conjunction with the current ruleset.
Any counter pick he's betta on it
999992342934022343244223408204823084023984234 options for everything
gay *** recovery he can go from ur mom house to my gramma's house in 1 second
transcendant priority on his sword gay
all his moves are supa fast and gay
m2k biased statement

I wonder how everything would have gone if m2k had stayed DDD or never played brawl

Staco

Smash Champion

1. If you miss the DI U could also jump + dodge.
Fast falling + doing an attack is also a pretty good option, since snakes wait for that airdodge and often don´t expect an aerial.
The problem is, that most people immediatly airdodge without any sense.
You shouldnt do actions, if you don´t have a reason for doing it.

2. What S.F.H. said. U can´t just up air tornado them. At certain percentages and with certain characters the enemy will be able to DI and you have to follow them + often end it with other moves, such as Nair. If you do it with C-Stick + Jump, it´s also easier to built in some other moves, such as Up B or Nair 2nd Hit to Uair can also be a good option to built up more damage, when U expect them to get out of the Uair to Uair thing.

3. Glide Attack (don´t try this against good players, won´t work). SH rising Uair to Fast Fall UAir to UAir String to Tornado.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k67NDXdxdNM <- watch 2:45
Every other situation, when your enemy is above you.

4. Reverse Shuttle Loop is good in a lot of situations. Sometimes it´s better than aerials.
If you see your enemy dodging, but him beeing a lil bit closer to the stage and in top off you offstage/close to the edge, you can reverse shuttle loop him, so that he gets kicked offstage again.

earla

Smash Lord
1. when snake is in the air what is mk's best position to be underneath him to juggle him? is DIAGONALLY INFRONT of him uair spaced away the best as he can't FF bair?

2. m2k mentioned that when he is juggling/gimping he puts himself in positions where he can REACT to whatever they do. what are these positions?

3. situation is: snake is in the middle of fd. i nado him. he pops out, i uair string him to shuttle loop. i want to move as quickly as i can do the ground to follow up pressure. i can loop the shuttle loop downwards then glide attack/glide attack cancel. or i can press DOWN B to fast fall the glide. What is my best option to cover as much horizontal distance and get to the ground immediately?

etecoon

Smash Hero
m2k biased statement

I wonder how everything would have gone if m2k had stayed DDD or never played brawl
meta knight would still be, by far, the best character in the game, and DDD would still be decent. M2K is just a very good player, he doesn't change the rules of the game

etecoon

Smash Hero
M2K worked hard for that **** sucking ability yo

6,000 hours of solo practice, no johns!

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Well sorry, not everyone is born with the innate ability to suck 5 ***** at once like you and M2K are. :razz: I'm trying to figure it out. Most of the people see me as gay anyways though, just because I play MK.
hard work > talent :)

edit: but yeah, your not gay so i dont see the purpose? even if you played gay, especially at your level it would be detrimental to getting better

V

Smash Ace
1. when snake is in the air what is mk's best position to be underneath him to juggle him? is DIAGONALLY INFRONT of him uair spaced away the best as he can't FF bair?

2. m2k mentioned that when he is juggling/gimping he puts himself in positions where he can REACT to whatever they do. what are these positions?

3. situation is: snake is in the middle of fd. i nado him. he pops out, i uair string him to shuttle loop. i want to move as quickly as i can do the ground to follow up pressure. i can loop the shuttle loop downwards then glide attack/glide attack cancel. or i can press DOWN B to fast fall the glide. What is my best option to cover as much horizontal distance and get to the ground immediately?
1. Directly beneath him. A well spaced uair beats bair. You can follow him with tornado from here too. Just make sure you keep him in the air as long as possible

2. That depends on the charcter, they're position, and the stage. You have to know all the options available to your opponent in order to counter them all.

3. Honestly if you wanna continue to pressure snake after the uair string shuttle loop isn't your best follow up unless it puts him off stage. Nair is better imo because you can ff uair to the ground if he tries to punish with bair. But if you do SL then glide close to the floor and cancel it there so you don't have all that landing lag and follow up from there

earla

Smash Lord
i notice mk's who have grabbed the ledge try to time a get up attack to gimp a diddy up b'ing from below. why don't mk's drop down and nair?

what is mk's best option to gimp diddy's up b once we have the ledge? i see diddy's recovering too much.

etecoon

Smash Hero
because you will stuck suck, the only difference is you will make it take longer until you lose
fun story I tried to time out dark peach yesterday and I SD'd

i notice mk's who have grabbed the ledge try to time a get up attack to gimp a diddy up b'ing from below. why don't mk's drop down and nair?
I accidentally do getup attack sometimes when I mistime drop nair, it might be a mistake?

what is mk's best option to gimp diddy's up b once we have the ledge? i see diddy's recovering too much.
nair/dair I'd think but idk, I'm horrible at this MU

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
How the **** do I fight Wario & Olimar

God dammit
Retreating F-Air, spaced tilts, and good use of platforms. Don't rush; Wario loses when he has to do the work against Meta Knight.

Space tilts to knock away Pikmin (DON'T constantly destroy them, as it gives him more opportunity to pull the purples he needs to really go offensive on you), attack after he whiffs a grab, and don't let him get off anything he shouldn't (getting in with N-Air, successfully Whistle Armoring).

Top Bottom