• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Q&A Thread

Exdeath

Smash Master
So. Should I learn the fox MU as MK, or should I just pick up pikachu as a secondary just for that matchup? Which is easier? (HERE'S LOOKING AT YOU CRIFER >:D)
Pikachu would be easier. It's practically an auto-loss on neutrals (not quite, though). If you understand the basics of both characters and are a decent Pikachu, you should beat ANY Fox player. The Pikachu is in control of the match-up for the most part. Just don't try to force the grab and play patiently. Go for a time-out.

NNID
Budget_Player
pikachu would be easier, but MK has all tools to shut down fox,
try to read the fox and don´t get mindgamed into stupid stuff.

and there are like 4 fox players in germany, one of them is not playing on a regular base, one lives in berlin...
it´s pretty rare that you have to play a fox.
Fix'd. :V I dunno, I'm a gay **** like that.

Pikachu would be easier. It's practically an auto-loss on neutrals (not quite, though). If you understand the basics of both characters and are a decent Pikachu, you should beat ANY Fox player. The Pikachu is in control of the match-up for the most part. Just don't try to force the grab and play patiently. Go for a time-out.
K, just wondering. I'm prolly gonna dabble a little, but more likely just get some practice in the matchup. I need to find a good fox to play against...

etecoon

Smash Hero
pikachu ***** fox and is easier in the short term BUT

A) meta knight still beats fox solidly too

B) IMO it's more beneficial in the long run to stick with your character, some people like atomsk or NL have had success using a lot of different characters but I think that they are outliers and for most people the experience is very important(I also think how **** those kinds of people could be if they focused on one character more, already top players but they could potentially be even better). I think this is especially true of sword users like MK, your spacing is so important and it's harder to be consistent when you're switching characters all the time IMO

C) pika vs fox being a stupid MU isn't news to fox players, most of them probably have a secondary that they've probably put way more work into than you would with pika. you can go MK on them, but then you have a chance of having to deal with MK vs fox anyway, just as well to learn the MU

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
woop doop you planked my Peach for eight minutes

Don't make me have to JV three stock your Metaknight.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
That matchup seems just about even. I'd actually give it to Fox on FD but that shouldn't be happening.

Also, I think Orion would be happy to know I beat Te@rbear on the ladder and made him rage. It was against his GaW, but he was mad and I thought of you ;D

Orion*

Smash Researcher
That matchup seems just about even. I'd actually give it to Fox on FD but that shouldn't be happening.

Also, I think Orion would be happy to know I beat Te@rbear on the ladder and made him rage. It was against his GaW, but he was mad and I thought of you ;D
i have nothing against tearbear omg XDDDD

i just dont like his playstyle

edit: idk fox vs mk was Reallllly hard when i played meep for some reason but i honestly dont know the mu.

my problem is, you can sdi the dair so that should like never combo into anything xD. the only thing that makes fox homo is his air speed and shine stalling

Player-4

See you in 25 years
I don't find Shine stalling all that annoying, I just wait for them to do something and punish it.

What I hate is the Dair to Usmash ****, and since me SDI skills suck I suck against good Foxes :(

Orion*

Smash Researcher
the shine stalling is what makes it homo because

if their going for dair->usmash
its pretty ****ing telegraphed like, they have to full hop usually and be right above you, so you have a few seconds to register that

mk has a lot of options, upB is probably the easiest to just outright beat dair (grounded)

and the problem is if he shine stalls outside of your range he can airdodge//bait w/e you want to do

this is all meep did when he played me in pools at least, it was pretty annoying XD

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I can DI out of Fox's dair stuff pretty often without any experience of the MU. Especially against bad Fox players who only do that stuff lol.

etecoon

Smash Hero
out of curiosity, why yoshi's? I've found banning FD as always works well for me

pretty sure sonic loses to MK on every stage regardless

Dojo

Smash Champion
They do that gay **** with their side B on the ledges so it has invincibility frames as they roll across the stage. Then repeat.

Works on Yoshi's and Pictochat. But Picto is banned most places so yeah.

jpak

Smash Lord
are things like pivot nair/fair the same idea as pivot grabs? if so, i find i find it a lot harder to do any advice?
also whats the difference between this and RAR?

etecoon

Smash Hero
are things like pivot nair/fair the same idea as pivot grabs? if so, i find i find it a lot harder to do any advice?
also whats the difference between this and RAR?
no they aren't AFAIK, "pivot nair" would just be...turning around and nairing

and is generally totally pointless

Yeah that reminds me, is it possible to do a reverse upB OOS? Because I haven't been able to pull it off.
yes it is, training mode is your friend

Top Bottom