• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Q&A Thread

Kaffei

Smash Hero
You say that as if the back side of dair is longer than the front side

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I feel like I'm getting worse and not improving at all (Not that I was any good in the first place)

What should I do

Dojo

Smash Champion
Keep playing. Figure out what you're doing wrong. Play 110% zoned in so you can make your reaction time faster. To improve you have to constantly push yourself. Never back down from it.

etecoon

Smash Hero
save replays of all your games and take notes, not sure if this will make any sense but I think writing things communicates with your subconscious better than simply thinking/saying it, watch your games and write down what you're doing wrong

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I'll try those. Thanks guys

Also @DoJo: I thought you said you were quitting Brawl?

Orion*

Smash Researcher
save replays of all your games and take notes, not sure if this will make any sense but I think writing things communicates with your subconscious better than simply thinking/saying it, watch your games and write down what you're doing wrong
and this also helps me sometimes
Keep playing. Figure out what you're doing wrong. Play 110% zoned in so you can make your reaction time faster. To improve you have to constantly push yourself. Never back down from it.
this. ive been trying to break into competitively melee its like being a scrub all over again XD

V

Smash Ace
this. ive been trying to break into competitively melee its like being a scrub all over again XD
Dude I'm picking up marth in melee to help my spacing and reaction time too. I've been getting my *** handed to me but its all good.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
One way to improve is forget about MK and play other characters or games for about few weeks. You lose your habits and can start over again, hopefully, much better.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
although its not a bad idea i dont agree with the whole "you lose your habits" crap

no matter what you do, even when you're actively thinking you will have habits. you might CHANGE your habits, but thats all

Dojo

Smash Champion
Yeah I also don't agree with the losing habits stuff. I went for about 2-3 months without playing and started up again here and there and I still have some of the same habits I do. I've been actively focusing on changing them very rapidly.

I think a couple of weeks is good if you really enjoy the game. It gives you that itch to play really bad. You're fresh off of frustration, if you had any, which in turn makes you play better. Just don't be a downer if you don't see immediate improvements.

I've seen people do this, and I guess expect to come back and beat people they couldn't before, fail, then go :( mode. All this does is give you a fresh start if you have any frustration with the game. It allows you to really think how this game is supposed to be played.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Well it can help, depends on person. For me, it really helped.
I think a good thing to do is pick another char for a while.

FEAR977

Smash Apprentice
:confused:What are some techniques on defeating diddy kong with MK. For some reason I feel that diddy kong is really hard to fight with MK.

FEAR977

Smash Apprentice
I also agree with watching replays and taking notes, that's what M2K does anyway...

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Try not to Tornado his shield when he's holding a banana

Idk I suck at that match up
Learn to play with bananas. Catch nana tosses with aerials / air dodges/ Z
Glide toss or JC toss might help too idk

V

Smash Ace
:confused:What are some techniques on defeating diddy kong with MK. For some reason I feel that diddy kong is really hard to fight with MK.
I have a friend that plays diddy kong. He isn't high level or anything but here's some general things I think apply to all diddy mains.

Obviously if they have a banana in hand, they intend to use it. Try to bait a glide toss and punish his next move. You can observe him a couple times to learn his habits after glide tossing. If he glide tosses to dash attack like a lot of diddy mains do, shield the banana and space a dtilt. The banana will be in the air long enough to dtilt and stop his approach. Your dtilt and ftilt3 outrange his tilts and smashes and when spaced properly stop his dash attack. After dtilting him you can jump and aerial/z catch the banana to take possession away from him. Diddy is waaay easier to handle when he only has control of one banana. I firmly believe that Diddy only poses a threat when he effectively uses two bananas. His options with one are easily baited and punishable. Stay grounded if he has a banana in hand. You can't shield from the air and it's easier to handle him on the ground with tilts shield and GSL. Diddy kong LIVES off of momentum. His momentum is derived from banana setups. If you manage to take control of a banana, you dont necessarily have to use it against him by glidetossing to whatever. I think it's better to place the banana on the stage and bait him into trying to get it back. If diddy doesnt have a banana in hand, then nothing stops nado unless shield and if he shields it without a banana he cant punish you if you retreat. If he tries the diddy flip kick then GSL stops that easily.

The main thing in the match is to limit the effectiveness of diddy's banana control and this is easiest done on the ground. Once you have momentum and he's without a banana, put as much hurt on him as you possibly can. Get him offstage. If he's smart with his recovery he can be hard to gimp but you should be able to get free damage. Grab the edge and ledge hop dair his up b. If spaced right you can knock him off without trading hits. If you grab the ledge and he goes for the stage without a banana, chase him with tornado. Keep him in the air and offstage. He can't harass you with banana shenanigans in the air.

Most of this depends on the player so you're gonna have to really pay attention and read his habits, but there's some things that all diddy's do across the board that you can expect. Just know everything from him stems from a banana, without them he's crap against you, so just take banana control from him and punish from then on out.

Watch Dojo vs Gnes, Anti vs ADHD, and Shadow vs ADHD for examples of how the match should be played. I got most of my knowledge from watching those three

Orion*

Smash Researcher
I have a friend that plays diddy kong. He isn't high level or anything but here's some general things I think apply to all diddy mains.

Obviously if they have a banana in hand, they intend to use it. Try to bait a glide toss and punish his next move. You can observe him a couple times to learn his habits after glide tossing. If he glide tosses to dash attack like a lot of diddy mains do, shield the banana and space a dtilt. The banana will be in the air long enough to dtilt and stop his approach. Your dtilt and ftilt3 outrange his tilts and smashes and when spaced properly stop his dash attack. After dtilting him you can jump and aerial/z catch the banana to take possession away from him. Diddy is waaay easier to handle when he only has control of one banana. I firmly believe that Diddy only poses a threat when he effectively uses two bananas. His options with one are easily baited and punishable. Stay grounded if he has a banana in hand. You can't shield from the air and it's easier to handle him on the ground with tilts shield and GSL. Diddy kong LIVES off of momentum. His momentum is derived from banana setups. If you manage to take control of a banana, you dont necessarily have to use it against him by glidetossing to whatever. I think it's better to place the banana on the stage and bait him into trying to get it back. If diddy doesnt have a banana in hand, then nothing stops nado unless shield and if he shields it without a banana he cant punish you if you retreat. If he tries the diddy flip kick then GSL stops that easily.

The main thing in the match is to limit the effectiveness of diddy's banana control and this is easiest done on the ground. Once you have momentum and he's without a banana, put as much hurt on him as you possibly can. Get him offstage. If he's smart with his recovery he can be hard to gimp but you should be able to get free damage. Grab the edge and ledge hop dair his up b. If spaced right you can knock him off without trading hits. If you grab the ledge and he goes for the stage without a banana, chase him with tornado. Keep him in the air and offstage. He can't harass you with banana shenanigans in the air.

Most of this depends on the player so you're gonna have to really pay attention and read his habits, but there's some things that all diddy's do across the board that you can expect. Just know everything from him stems from a banana, without them he's crap against you, so just take banana control from him and punish from then on out.

Watch Dojo vs Gnes, Anti vs ADHD, and Shadow vs ADHD for examples of how the match should be played. I got most of my knowledge from watching those three
tyrants little brother right here lmfaoo

V

Smash Ace
tyrants little brother right here lmfaoo
lol does tyrant have a little brother?

Edit: if you're implying that I'm his little brother i live in riverside he lives in LA which is like an hour away depending on traffic.

I reallllly wanna play people who are on the so cal PR. With some experience and help from them i know i can make it on the PR pretty quickly

V

Smash Ace
ya.. drewk333 = lolol

anyway keep posting more **** stuff plz
Lol when I made an account in 08 I didn't know about the whole gamer tag thing and I was using my email address for all my usernames (drewk333@yahoo.com). My tag is SFH. I just bought premium so I can change my name

etecoon

Smash Hero
I just made a new account when I wanted to change my name lol, might do it again too

it gives me a good chuckle when someone disagrees with me and calls me out for being an 09er

Allied

Smash Master
I just made a new account when I wanted to change my name lol, might do it again too

it gives me a good chuckle when someone disagrees with me and calls me out for being an 09er
psh 09ers

laughinggirls.jpg

i still never understood that though people insulting other people cuz of join date

i only understand when they do it cuz the player is actually BOOTY and doesnt know what he talks about.

V

Smash Ace
How does SuNnY remind you to camp us?
Lol wondering the same thing.

Know what I find hilarious? I find it funny that only people who can't beat MK b*tch about him. And what's sad is that MK is the most discussed and researched MU across the boards and they still can't figure it out. Maybe they should quit and find a game they're actually good at

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Because when Gnes camps, it becomes the next day, a SuNnY day.

A SuNnY SeXy day.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Lol wondering the same thing.

Know what I find hilarious? I find it funny that only people who can't beat MK b*tch about him. And what's sad is that MK is the most discussed and researched MU across the boards and they still can't figure it out. Maybe they should quit and find a game they're actually good at
Oh Gnes knows how to beat MK, trust me rofl

Because when Gnes camps, it becomes the next day, a SuNnY day.

A SuNnY SeXy day.
Get out

Top Bottom