• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Officially Banned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Tac~

One day at a time.
NNID
Kamidachi
Switch FC
SW-6745-2861-2990
What's crazy is that I share almost all of your sentiments, Tac, except rather than Brawl's attitude turning you to Melee, Melee's attitude turned me towards Brawl. Everything you said about Brawl was something I found in the Melee community I took part in, and I simply couldn't endure it.

It's all a matter of experience, I suppose.

As for this decision, I've always been a fan of banning Meta Knight. I'm glad a conclusion was finally made.
It's a huge change too. I'm excited to see where this new decision's going to lead. :applejack:
Really? That's strange, I don't hear that often. It's so welcoming these days. I guess that's something we could share then. The resulting feeling anyway :p

Smash is for happiness. Happy to be Smashing.

MK mains dont host tournaments lmao.
I just thought about that, LMFAO. You're completely right.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Tommy is the textbook definition of how ignorant people in this community can be.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I ran around twenty events in Louisiana that were both Brawl and Melee. I reached out to both scenes and did what I could to unite them. My last event in Louisiana had an attendance total of seventy split between Brawl and Melee. My unbiased support for supporting either games showed in that, where Melee trumped the Brawl scene rather handily. I was always on the Louisiana PR whenever I was active, and I routinely traveled to Texas events where I would place within the top twenty even at larger hundred man events. The highest I placed in Texas was 9th at a Phase tournament, which I still reserve a level of salt for which is forcing me to get on a plane to go to the Texas Final Circuit Event. I make no claims to be a national level player, but I wouldn't say that I'm a novice at the game.

I'm part of Smash Labs and the Back Room. I'm also a knowledge source in the Snake board and on the match up panel.
I would also like to mention that Ran vociferously spoke out against suppressing any and all of the BBR's discussions about MK.

Smooth Criminal

-Ran

Smash Master
I would also like to mention that Ran vociferously spoke out against suppressing any and all of the BBR's discussions about MK.

Smooth Criminal
I have almost always been a staunch proponent of banning Meta Knight. That's something I won't ever deny. I even wrote some rather lengthy threads about it. I spear headed the first temp ban crusade as well.

If anyone gets the list of BBR Members, I can guarantee you that there are quite a few faces people would recognize off of the list. :applejack:
[collapse="ACHOO!"]∫unk
-Doom-
-Ran
.joel
adumbrodeus
Ally
AlphaZealot
Alphicans
Amazing Ampharos
Ankoku
BardulL
Bionic
C.R.Z
Calzorz
coney
Count
Crow!
Cyphus
dabuz
Darkmusician
Dazwa
DEHF
Dekar173
DMG
Dojo
EdreesesPieces
ESAM
Espy Kasrani
gallax
God-is-my-Rock
hadesblade
Hilt
Hylian
I_Am_Infinity
Ishieymoro
Judo777
jv3x3/MLG_JV
K Prime
KBizzle
Kel
Kewkky
KirinBlaze
KishPrime
Krystedez
Marc
Marcbri
MetalMusicMan
Mic_128
Mikey Lenetia
Mr. Doom
MrEh
nealdt
NickRiddle
Nicole
Nike.
Nysyarc
Omni
Orion*
Overswarm
Padô
Pierce7d
Poltergust
Praxis
R@vyn
Rajam
Raziek
Red Ryu
RichBrown
Ripple
san3711
Scamp
ScaryLB59
Seagull Man
Sethlon
ShadowLink84
Shaya
Staco
swordgard
T-block
The Real Inferno
TheMike
TheReflexWonder
TheTantalus
Tin Man
Tuen
Twinkie
UTD Zac
Vex Kasrani
Vlade
vVv ChiboSempai
vVv Choice
Yikarur
Yink
Zigsta[/collapse]

Man, what a cold. D:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Is it simply because they have and are going to host tournaments?
Pretty Much
My neighborhood clubhouse is the new venue for Florida tournaments since the old one got shut down. Does that make me the new representative for Florida in deciding the rule set even though I haven't entered a tournament in probably about 2 years?
What's your point in this?

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Is it simply because they have and are going to host tournaments? My neighborhood clubhouse is the new venue for South Florida tournaments since the old one got shut down. Does that make me the new representative for South Florida in deciding the rule set even though I haven't entered a tournament in probably about 2 years?
.........yeah

BTW, Zero Ping got reopened.

stingers

Smash Obsessed

[collapse="ACHOO!"]∫unk
-Doom-
-Ran
.joel
adumbrodeus
Ally
AlphaZealot
Alphicans
Amazing Ampharos
Ankoku
BardulL
Bionic
C.R.Z
Calzorz
coney
Count
Crow!
Cyphus
dabuz
Darkmusician
Dazwa
DEHF
Dekar173
DMG
Dojo
EdreesesPieces
ESAM
Espy Kasrani
gallax
God-is-my-Rock
hadesblade
Hilt
Hylian
I_Am_Infinity
Ishieymoro
Judo777
jv3x3/MLG_JV
K Prime
KBizzle
Kel
Kewkky
KirinBlaze
KishPrime
Krystedez
Marc
Marcbri
MetalMusicMan
Mic_128
Mikey Lenetia
Mr. Doom
MrEh
nealdt
NickRiddle
Nicole
Nike.
Nysyarc
Omni
Orion*
Overswarm
Padô
Pierce7d
Poltergust
Praxis
R
Rajam
Raziek
Red Ryu
RichBrown
Ripple
san3711
Scamp
ScaryLB59
Seagull Man
Sethlon
ShadowLink84
Shaya
Staco
swordgard
T-block
The Real Inferno
TheMike
TheReflexWonder
TheTantalus
Tin Man
Tuen
Twinkie
UTD Zac
Vex Kasrani
Vlade
vVv ChiboSempai
vVv Choice
Yikarur
Yink
Zigsta[/collapse]

Man, what a cold. D:
who the **** is scamp? joke list, you guys are scrubs and can't decide anything. gtfo my smashboards

~Tac~

One day at a time.
NNID
Kamidachi
Switch FC
SW-6745-2861-2990

Smooth Criminal
I have almost always been a staunch proponent of banning Meta Knight. That's something I won't ever deny.
There are people here that probably just went to Google the words vociferously and staunch, just thought I'd share my self-giggle.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I have almost always been a staunch proponent of banning Meta Knight. That's something I won't ever deny.
Well, yes. But I do seem to recall you wanting to disseminate the information to the masses rather than sequester it to the backroom.

:p I wasn't saying otherwise, Ran.

Smooth Criminal

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
The people who decided on the ban among the following:
AlphaZealot (Diddy kong) - Ohio
Bizkit (Snake) - Connecticut
DeLux (IC) - Kansas
Player 1 (diddy)- Georgia
T1mmy (kirby) - Oregon
T-Block (Pokemon trainer)- West Canada
Tin Man (Olimar)- East Canada
Today (?????)- Ohio
ChiboSempai - - (Rob) - New Jersey
M@V (falco) - Pennsylvania
Yink - (Ness) - Iowa
UTDZac - (Game and watch) - Texas -
Technical Chase - (King Dedede) - Michigan
Xyro - (Samus) - Texas
Ran - (Snake) - Colorado
z'zgashi or fluttershy - (Yoshi) - Utah
Mike Haze - California - (Marth)

Does anyone know any of the following players and any of their accomplishments?
DeLux (IC) - Kansas
Player 1 (diddy)- Georgia
T-Block (Pokemon trainer)- West Canada
Tin Man (Olimar)- East Canada
Today (?????)- Ohio
Yink - (Ness) - Iowa
Technical Chase - (King Dedede) - Michigan
Ran - (Snake) - Colorado
z'zgashi or fluttershy - (Yoshi) - Utah

Why are 9 out of 17 people in charge of the ruleset randoms/unknown players except for in their own state/region? That's 52.9% random players telling us how to play a game you hold so close to you.
I've made a bunch of posts about this, here is my latest one from a few minutes ago: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13456385&postcount=213

-Ran

Smash Master
Well, yes. But I do seem to recall you wanting to disseminate the information to the masses rather than sequester it to the backroom.

:p I wasn't saying otherwise, Ran.

Smooth Criminal
Correct, I did attempt to raise a revolution. Unfortunately, I then found out that it was a Staff ruling that wasn't going to be overturned. I learned what power the staff had once we tried to bring up discussions about Meta Knight for the sake of the Unity Rule Set. We weren't even allowed to post links to data in our polls. We couldn't engage in points of debate due to the fury that it could cause on the boards. That's also why our original post in this thread was so tame.

~Tac~

One day at a time.
NNID
Kamidachi
Switch FC
SW-6745-2861-2990

[collapse="ACHOO!"]∫unk
-Doom-
-Ran
.joel
adumbrodeus
Ally
AlphaZealot
Alphicans
Amazing Ampharos
Ankoku
BardulL
Bionic
C.R.Z
Calzorz
coney
Count
Crow!
Cyphus
dabuz
Darkmusician
Dazwa
DEHF
Dekar173
DMG
Dojo
EdreesesPieces
ESAM
Espy Kasrani
gallax
God-is-my-Rock
hadesblade
Hilt
Hylian
I_Am_Infinity
Ishieymoro
Judo777
jv3x3/MLG_JV
K Prime
KBizzle
Kel
Kewkky
KirinBlaze
KishPrime
Krystedez
Marc
Marcbri
MetalMusicMan
Mic_128
Mikey Lenetia
Mr. Doom
MrEh
nealdt
NickRiddle
Nicole
Nike.
Nysyarc
Omni
Orion*
Overswarm
Padô
Pierce7d
Poltergust
Praxis
R@vyn
Rajam
Raziek
Red Ryu
RichBrown
Ripple
san3711
Scamp
ScaryLB59
Seagull Man
Sethlon
ShadowLink84
Shaya
Staco
swordgard
T-block
The Real Inferno
TheMike
TheReflexWonder
TheTantalus
Tin Man
Tuen
Twinkie
UTD Zac
Vex Kasrani
Vlade
vVv ChiboSempai
vVv Choice
Yikarur
Yink
Zigsta[/collapse]

Man, what a cold. D:
You should get that checked out D:

Also, +1 for Born for This on the username title.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Pretty Much

What's your point in this?
Having someone control the unity rule set who hasn't entered brawl tournaments in a long period of time simply because they host tournaments is ridiculous.

You're going to completely kill people going to any tournament because of how ignorant you are to the opinions of your most valued *customers* (tournament entrants)

Congrats. You are going to end up burying the Brawl scene deep into the ground of casual gaming.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Really? That's strange, I don't hear that often. It's so welcoming these days. I guess that's something we could share then. The resulting feeling anyway :p
It's just the people in the communities we took part in, really. I've found Texas Brawl Scene to be infinitely better than the Melee scene in overall personality, open-mindedness, and understanding.

To be fair though, the Melee scene gave me **** for moving on to Brawl, so that was really all the incentive I needed to leave my community.

I just thought about that, LMFAO. You're completely right.
I wonder why MK mains don't host tournies?? :awesome:
Ain't it obvious? They're too busy winning them. :p

@Tommy: They're making a decision because they are the TOs for their region, and as successful TOs, they generally have a DAMN good understanding of how their players work. TOs tend to appeal to the majority because, obviously, the majority brings in bigger numbers of players.

If the majority of the community that these TOs represent want Meta Knight banned, who do you think they're going to cater to?
Also, I find it funny that the decision that favors the majority is the reason Brawl will apparently die, according to you. :applejack:

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

Smash is for happiness. Happy to be Smashing.
That's strange. Everyone always says "the Melee scene is better," but both scenes were very welcoming to me, and made me want to play both games (which is what I would prefer to do).

Of course, getting beat in Brawl by a kid who looks 8 makes me want to play Melee! :laugh:

I wonder why MK mains don't host tournies?? :awesome:
They're too busy spamming everyone and going on about how superior they are... >.>

~Tac~

One day at a time.
NNID
Kamidachi
Switch FC
SW-6745-2861-2990
It's just the people in the communities we took part in, really. I've found Texas Brawl Scene to be infinitely better than the Melee scene in overall personality, open-mindedness, and understanding.

To be fair though, the Melee scene gave me **** for moving on to Brawl, so that was really all the incentive I needed to leave my community.

Ain't it obvious? They're too busy winning them. :p :applejack:
Ah I see. I don't know about the Texas scene, but 100% of the East Coast and it even shows on the forums. We all get along. But I get ya. There was a little hate going on in random spots of the US about Brawl. Mostly complaining. Told them to stop QQing or don't play Brawl. They went to Brawl and played MK. loooooool. True story.

That's strange. Everyone always says "the Melee scene is better," but both scenes were very welcoming to me, and made me want to play both games (which is what I would prefer to do).

Of course, getting beat in Brawl by a kid who looks 8 makes me want to play Melee! :laugh:

They're too busy spamming everyone and going on about how superior they are... >.>
Actually kinda true. I'd "assume" that they rather enter in majority due to them having to simultaneously host and/or worry about speculation of cheating. Or something. Who cares, lol.

As for the whole which scene is better, doesn't matter to me. Down here Brawl and Melee usually get along. It's just region dependent, easily noticed. NYC obviously kicked Brawl's face and kept Melee.

El Duderino

Smash Ace
Except the game's not gutted whatsoever. What this does is change the entire coding in the game. That's much more gutted than putting in rules that make sense.
Having to remove a playable character is gutting, or cutting if you prefer, a portion of the game for competitive play. Brawl has clearly gone far further than any previous Smash game. I understand what you are trying to do here, spin my words around to prove your point. The problem is it just does not logically add up like you are hoping for.

Removing the actual programmed gameplay elements "guts" the game, where making a rule or banning character isn't even close to the same level of difference.
If you want to make that claim, back it up. Tell me, what specific gameplay elements they are removing with Balenced Brawl that make it far worse than banning a character? I need details because you are making a very specific argument. If you actually find something, explain why that can not be changed back while keeping the rest of the positive changes. Good luck.

Likewise, not everybody has an SD Card or a Computer to do this. Some are too slow to download the hacks. Some are too old to have that required SD Slot. Nobody's going to shell hundreds of dollars better spent on gas and/or airplane tickets because some whiners can't accept that a character is too powerful to be used in one specific set of tournies.
If someone does not have access to at least a dial-up connection, cannot afford a $6 SD card and $3 reader, or doesn't have a computer with USB support, they probably should put that tournament travel money towards making rent instead.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Having someone control the unity rule set who hasn't entered brawl tournaments in a long period of time simply because they host tournaments is ridiculous.
No it's not.
You're going to completely kill people going to any tournament because of how ignorant you are to the opinions of your most valued *customers* (tournament entrants)
That's cool. As if that was happening this year when it's already continuing since melee.
Congrats. You are going to end up burying the Brawl scene deep into the ground of casual gaming.
You're talking like someone who doesn't know what they're reading.

I advise you to just stop bringing in your thoughts in here.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path

Thanks for telling us the future, oh cosmic being. But I hope you don't mind getting out of the wrong dimensional plane next time you decide to practice your soothsaying . . .

The BBRC was created to destory MK. Even do track records on a lot of the members....they are pro ban.

WHERE IS YOUR EVIDENCE, MY GOOD MAN?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
MK breaks the CP system we have. that is one thing NO ONE can argue with.

/thread

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Is it simply because they have and are going to host tournaments? My neighborhood clubhouse is the new venue for Florida tournaments since the old one got shut down. Does that make me the new representative for Florida in deciding the rule set even though I haven't entered a tournament in probably about 2 years?
-Hasn't entered a tournament in 2 years
-Is complaining MK is banned at Unity tournaments.

-_-

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
MK breaks the CP system we have. that is one thing NO ONE can argue with.

/thread
MK doesn't have winning matchups on everyone. He has a lot of even ones.

You know....even. A matchup that requires you to be more skilled than your opponent.

MK isn't an autowin versus anyone above mid/high tier.

Edit: I have been going to them because friends of mine play them game and pay me to drive. I play and take part in all of the game's discussions.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Guys MK isn't bannable and is great for this healthy, thriving community.

Also, I am in 2009. Prove to me that I am wrong from 2008 to 2009. Also, Melee is amazing. Oh and Meta Knight has even matchups. Let's just get rid of some of those pesky stages first...

:phone:

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
MK doesn't have winning matchups on everyone. He has a lot of even ones.

You know....even. A matchup that requires you to be more skilled than your opponent.

MK isn't an autowin versus anyone above mid/high tier.
CPing implies that the opponent gets an advantage. unless your idea of CPing someone is to go even with them.

no stage + character gets an advantage. thus, broken.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
It requires you to be more skilled rather than relying on an advantage for even matchups. How is that bannable?

inb4overcentralization

link2702

Smash Champion
like how some anti ban's think we'd start to ban snake falco or diddy next...

cuz you know... they can't be counterpicked stagewise or anythig...

i wonder....just wonder what their reaction is gonna be if tournament attendance sky rockets now, the metagame develops past "learn how to beat metaknight" and overall the game has greater diversity by a longshot in all tournaments :troll:

hell some folks have indeed said now they are willing to come back to brawl cuz meta's gone,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom