• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Officially Banned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xubble

Smash Ace
At least Toon Link isn't in Hyrule tier. He didn't wanna COMPLETELY ruin one franchise.

He was pretty bipolar about Metroid. XD

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Its the tights. He didn't like the tights. But ya apart from melee Ganon. The rest of triforce has been pretty terrible overall. Which is sad because I love Link :(
Which outside of Zelda, is somewhat odd. You'd think Ganondorf would be the most powerful character in the game overall. If we're going by Canon, that is. Link would be atleast mid tier. Zelda would be low to bottom. Mario would be average, of course.(if you're from TVTropes, you'd easily know why) Sonic would also be average overall too. It's hard to say where some others would be. IMO, basic heroes from their games should be average, villains should be high tier, extra characters/lackeys would be low tiers, and those random one-offs(Pichu) would stay at the bottom too. Now, if we're going for the Ultimate Hero... eh, Fierce Deity Link would easily be top.

Odd what hypothetical Tier Lists could be if we were running them instead. :)

^ ...And your point is? It was fun, that's all.

^^ Heh, yeah.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Too bad so many of the good players stopped caring about Brawl. All that was left was scrubs QQing about MK because they can't handle him. They QQ'ed until the good players realized there was better things to used their intelligence for, so they stopped arguing, thus allowing the scrubs to get the ban due to sheer stupidity.

So glad Brawl died a long time ago.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I'm glad that you find enjoyment in the death of a competitive video game many other human beings enjoy playing. That's really nice of you, I'd love to get to know you better.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
I'm glad that you find enjoyment in the death of a competitive video game many other human beings enjoy playing. That's really nice of you, I'd love to get to know you better.
I'm glad it died for all of the people I cared about before they got sucked into this ridiculous decision made by people who are too stupid and butthurt to learn how to fight MK.

I'm glad my friends didn't get infected with ignorant ***********.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Calling people stupid isn't an "opinion", it's both flaming and trolling. If you can't voice your opinion without insulting people, do you really think we want to hear it? Keep it peaceful, dude.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
You're a standup fellow tommy g. I don't say this to many people, but honestly, you're one of the few posters I actually derive pleasure from reading their posts, because it reminds me how much nicer and civilized the brawl community is compared to the melee community. It's really shocking, you'd think it'd be the other way around, but based all of on the inter-community interactions I've ever seen, it's really not.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I'm glad it died for all of the people I cared about before they got sucked into this ridiculous decision made by people who are too stupid and butthurt to learn how to fight MK.

This guy. All happy go lucky for not being a part of this.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
^ ...And your point is? It was fun, that's all.
My point is that you've been standing on a soapbox for quite some time now and you don't even go to tournaments.

It's great that you have an opinion and I respect that, but it's kind of frustrating when people like you laud such a change in the community when you're just barely inching your toes into it. You didn't even experience the scene when Metaknight was active (and no, watching videos does not count). You're pretty much living vicariously through a triumph for those that "endured" this for years.

That's all. I don't claim to be a mouthpiece for the Brawl community in the slightest but I'll be damned if I'm acting high and mighty for having a differing opinion on something, especially when my experience with it is tentative at best.

Smooth Criminal

-Ran

Smash Master
I sincerely wish that most people would just post once or twice, so I can read their sentiments. Instead, I have to read through ten to twenty pages of the same three people.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
FINALLY Rainbow Ride won't have the huge ban consideration because of Meta Knight! That's my favorite stage and my favorite Toon Link counter (who is really the only character I use), and if that left the tournament scene... boy that would kill my counter skills, especially since I have memorized that stage like the back of my hand. Wait...that cyst is new! :laugh:

Hopefully we Toon Link mains and campers can bring Norfair back... :troll:

Really though, aside from the ridiculous Meta Knight-based rules, lame counter issues, and sometimes campy game play (which fortunately has slowly disappeared for the most part), I really don't care either way. But at least my counters are now (mostly) safe.

Now to stop john'ing and attend a tournament after a years' hiatus... :laugh:

Edit: Seriously though, there still needs to be some tournaments with Meta Knight legal though, just for Meta Knight mains' sake. It would be only fair.

Also, hopefully this doesn't lead to more (character) bans. Fortunately the smash back room won't want to continue this vicious cycle unless another character got this out of control with brokenness.

Now we can truly see how dominate Meta Knight was, or how dominate Meta Knight players are. It won't surprise me if M2K stills ***** the universe. It wouldn't surprised me if the elite Meta Knights dominated the scene with other characters. It would surprise me to see a good number of Meta Knights succeed with other characters.

If it turns out that it was Meta Knight players over Meta Knight himself, this ban could still be reversed. (that's possible motivation for you Meta Knight lovers)

~Tac~

One day at a time.
NNID
Kamidachi
Switch FC
SW-6745-2861-2990
This is a sad day for me.

I really love this community. I've met a lot of amazing people through it and had some great experiences. I've been in the competitive smash scene since I was 13, I am now 22. It's been a very big part of my life.

Despite all of that I am very disappointed in the brawl community. I've defended brawl and worked to bring the smash community closer. I took part in all of the mk discussions until the URC one. I could have but chose not to as I'm not really part of the URC. It's understandable that people don't like the character but I've never had anyone convince me in the slightest that he needs to be banned.

I understand this is a decision that the URC made and it will affect their tournaments, so I will respect that and not throw pointless banter at them. I'm more disappointed in the community as a whole, whose constant complaints led to this. I implore people to host mk legal tournaments if they disagree with the decision. Bashing the URC will do nothing, and sure your tournament won't be sticked, but who cares? For those who wanted mk banned, enjoy, though you could have been hosting mk banned tournaments this entire time(I know of them, but the are very few comparatively).

I personally, am pretty much done with this community. I will still go to local tournaments, and travel with my girlfriend to a few tournaments just to see friends that I've made and have a good time, but I won't be taking the tournaments seriously. In that regard I am going to pick up melee again.

I look forward to seeing new results and such, but it's something I never wanted to look forward to. I never expected to be disappointed like this by this community but I guess I should have.

Enjoy brawl.
Honestly, I've felt nearly the same as you stated there. I've been in the scene for about 5 years now in mostly Melee. I likely haven't quite defended Brawl to the extent that you probably have, but I at least made the attempt to remain in neutrality in regards to it or even make the attempt to spread some love to it. It used to have a few good players and naturally good people in the Brawl community, but now it's all in this thread how it is.

I even compete in some of the Brawl tourneys and I regret it often because many Brawlers I meet are arrogant, whiny, or condescending. And majority, not all, of the Brawl community is just highly disappointing or...just something I don't even want to be a part of. It's now a leading reason why I'm driven in Melee. Not only because of how I feel about Melee, but because the community is a family to me, and made a huge impact on my life. There's nothing but love. And Catfish.

You guys can call me a bandwagoner, or whatever pleased. But I felt I had to share that. And honestly, we'd be glad to have you back in the family, Hylian.

Ironic. This was posted while I typed.

Harsh. But, I whole-heartedly agree somehow. I like me some Tommy G.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I never attended a single tourney.

Except in school. I pretty much lost in semi.

Before that, people got pissed off because I was dodging so good, MC hammer couldn't catch up.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
What's crazy is that I share almost all of your sentiments, Tac, except rather than Brawl's attitude turning you to Melee, Melee's attitude turned me towards Brawl. Everything you said about Brawl was something I found in the Melee community I took part in, and I simply couldn't endure it.

It's all a matter of experience, I suppose.

As for this decision, I've always been a fan of banning Meta Knight. I'm glad a conclusion was finally made.
It's a huge change too. I'm excited to see where this new decision's going to lead. :applejack:

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
The people who decided on the ban among the following:
AlphaZealot (Diddy kong) - Ohio
Bizkit (Snake) - Connecticut
DeLux (IC) - Kansas
Player 1 (diddy)- Georgia
T1mmy (kirby) - Oregon
T-Block (Pokemon trainer)- West Canada
Tin Man (Olimar)- East Canada
Today (?????)- Ohio
ChiboSempai - - (Rob) - New Jersey
M@V (falco) - Pennsylvania
Yink - (Ness) - Iowa
UTDZac - (Game and watch) - Texas -
Technical Chase - (King Dedede) - Michigan
Xyro - (Samus) - Texas
Ran - (Snake) - Colorado
z'zgashi or fluttershy - (Yoshi) - Utah
Mike Haze - California - (Marth)

Does anyone know any of the following players and any of their accomplishments?
DeLux (IC) - Kansas
Today (?????)- Ohio
Yink - (Ness) - Iowa
Ran - (Snake) - Colorado

Why are 9 out of 17 people in charge of the ruleset randoms/unknown players except for in their own state/region? That's 52.9% random players telling us how to play a game you hold so close to you.

Browny

Smash Hater
LMFAO

I'm on the opposite side of the world and I know all of those players and various things theyve done in tourney/outside tourney.
gg

stingers

Smash Obsessed
none of them are random or unknown. you are just a troll who probably just watched mikehazes video and thought he knew what he was talking about. go away.

~Tac~

One day at a time.
NNID
Kamidachi
Switch FC
SW-6745-2861-2990
The people who decided on the ban among the following:
AlphaZealot (Diddy kong) - Ohio
Bizkit (Snake) - Connecticut
DeLux (IC) - Kansas
T1mmy (kirby) - Oregon
Today (?????)- Ohio
ChiboSempai - - (Rob) - New Jersey
M@V (falco) - Pennsylvania
Yink - (Ness) - Iowa
UTDZac - (Game and watch) - Texas -
Xyro - (Samus) - Texas
Ran - (Snake) - Colorado
Mike Haze - California - (Marth)

Does anyone know any of the following players and any of their accomplishments?
DeLux (IC) - Kansas
Today (?????)- Ohio
Yink - (Ness) - Iowa
Ran - (Snake) - Colorado

Why are 9/17 people in charge of the ruleset randoms/unknown players except for in their own state/region?
Please also note that none of the 17 main Metaknight either.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Chibo also explained why in another thread, bro. I guess in some way or another they've earned their chops...

Edit: Oh, but they got INPUT from Metaknight players. Don't forget that.

Smooth Criminal

Battousai780

Smash Ace
Why did we need a board of pro-banners to make rules for the whole community? I'm pretty sure anyone had the option to host MK banned tourneys at any time and few were ever held. If this doesn't represent the opinion of the tourney community in a very obvious way, well, then ban MK. The truth is that players who regularly attended tourneys for the most part weren't hung up on the whole MK issue and didn't see it as such a problem to warrant his ban. IE: they learned the matchup and won anyway

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Why are 52.9% of the Unity Rule set provision deciders people who I've never seen place top 10 in a national tournament?

There's probably even more than that 52.9% that haven't placed.

-Ran

Smash Master
I ran around twenty events in Louisiana that were both Brawl and Melee. I reached out to both scenes and did what I could to unite them. My last event in Louisiana had an attendance total of seventy split between Brawl and Melee. My unbiased support for supporting either games showed in that, where Melee trumped the Brawl scene rather handily. I was always on the Louisiana PR whenever I was active, and I routinely traveled to Texas events where I would place within the top twenty even at larger hundred man events. The highest I placed in Texas was 9th at a Phase tournament, which I still reserve a level of salt for which is forcing me to get on a plane to go to the Texas Final Circuit Event. I make no claims to be a national level player, but I wouldn't say that I'm a novice at the game.

I'm part of Smash Labs and the Back Room. I'm also a knowledge source in the Snake board and on the match up panel.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Everyone I just learned something.

If someone decides to start running tournaments and if they don't place in nationals...don't go!

inb4therego85%oftournies

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Is Tommy also forgetting that like Chibo mentioned prior, the URC also received input from the BBR concerning Meta Knight?
If anyone gets the list of BBR Members, I can guarantee you that there are quite a few faces people would recognize off of the list. :applejack:

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Is it simply because they have and are going to host tournaments? My neighborhood clubhouse is the new venue for Florida tournaments since the old one got shut down. Does that make me the new representative for Florida in deciding the rule set even though I haven't entered a tournament in probably about 2 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom