• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Officially Banned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Bees!, everytime I see your username I think of that gif image someone posted a while ago.

BEES! BEES! BEES! BEES! BEES! BEES!

It's hilarious.

Oh and I already posted my analysis on Haze's video too, he didnt link his main "points" and his original contention of evaluating members... lol..

[collapse="Pointless but fair analyses of "WHO EXACTLY BANNED METAKNIGHT?"]

[/collapse]

Read if you dare. Zigsta put a little more emotion into it imo.
I love that gif! The one with Oprah right?
ya I posted my story in a little greater detail in his thread and had some irrelevant accusations immediately posted afterwards saying that my opinion that being a "top" player doesn't always mean you have the communities best interest at heart was taken as a pro-ban argument apparently. lol it was meant more to be just what is was; an account of what I have come to see and expect from top players.

~Tac~

One day at a time.
NNID
Kamidachi
Switch FC
SW-6745-2861-2990
Oh god that was so perfect. I'm still chuckling like a loser here.

And yeah it was late. I read 5 pages in the beginning, middle and end to catch up. That one post stood out and I had to reiterate the contradiction within the same sentence.

We had a MKless Brawl/Melee tourney here at N.C State Uni yesterday. (Courtesy of Dark Hart and Stingers) It was like, really really fun. Nobody was mad. No salt. Lots of hype. And it was rather large too.

Without bias or anything, imo, the tourney scene is going to explode for the next couple months with people jumping at lack of MK. Lots of new faces. I like it.

El Duderino

Smash Ace
The game is hacked and you're trying to set a new tourney standard with that....good luck I wouldn't hold my breathe.....on second thought maybe you should.
It may be hacked, but it is not broken, gutted, and filled with necessary dumpy rules. And I'm not holding my breath for anything. I said "It is very sad reality" after all. I've come to terms that there are people in this community that will never allow it.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Well, I'm considered a high level player by some, I dunno why. And I joined the BBR not because I felt I deserved it being a high level player, but because I wanted to help the community in any possible way, even if it's just posting stuff and making projects for users to look at ^^

But yeah, I don't disagree with the way the URC is run or the decision, who the members are or anything, because I know like more than half of them and know they're doing their job the best they can and adhering to the community. I guarantee you if the public poll was only 60-40 percent, it would not have passed into discussion again, or would have but not given an actual vote by each member, but just to discuss it or something. Not to mention all the uproar over MK being broken in the first place for the past year or so...

LKratos

Smash Cadet
It's a "Do what I tell you or your excluded" thats what it is.
in·cen·tive (n-sntv)
n.
Something, such as the fear of punishment or the expectation of reward, that induces action or motivates effort.
adj.
Serving to induce or motivate: an incentive bonus for high productivity.

Gambe17

Smash Cadet
Not really. You act as if being stickied or given coverage by other people than yourself is a right or something.
So your telling me that in a public forum I cant have my own tournaments stickied? And that I need to run a specific rule set even if I don't want to, to have that right that should be already mine?

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
So your telling me that in a public forum I cant have my own tournaments stickied? And that I need to run a specific rule set even if I don't want to, to have that right that should be already mine?
>Implying you have the right to have your threads stickied.

LKratos

Smash Cadet
so your telling me that in a public forum i cant have my own tournaments stickied? And that i need to run a specific rule set even if i don't want to, to have that right that should be already mine?
WHAT? You mean that on a public forum that I hold no authority in I don't have the innate right to perform generally administrative actions? THIS IS HORSE****

~Tac~

One day at a time.
NNID
Kamidachi
Switch FC
SW-6745-2861-2990
Tac teach me how to Lucario plox

:phone:
Why Lucario? Lmfao. I can get you started, but by no means am I near Veteran status with my 'Cario. Actually...I don't think I've played you yet. $1 MM next tourney.

That's a terrible description.
That's done. You're* - For salt.

It's a "Do what I tell you or your excluded" thats what it is.
in·cen·tive (n-sntv)
n.
Something, such as the fear of punishment or the expectation of reward, that induces action or motivates effort.
adj.
Serving to induce or motivate: an incentive bonus for high productivity.

You're killing me. xD

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
TROOOOLOLOLOLOL...
LKratos, just put him on your ignore list, as everyone should do the same.

And DAT ninja edit with caps, epic Kratos. I like you.

Gambe17

Smash Cadet
Right... I was thinking I could have that type of action but it seems I can't, well I dont use forums much anyway. Either way I still think this ban thing was just made to please all of these conceited brats on the forum.

LKratos

Smash Cadet
TROOOOLOLOLOLOL...
LKratos, just put him on your ignore list, as everyone should do the same.

And DAT ninja edit with caps, epic Kratos. I like you.
I typed it with all caps, because as we all know caps lock is cruise control for cool, and yet some kind of default anti-spam mechanism must have edited it, as if there could ever be a downside to all caps :/

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Right... I was thinking I could have that type of action but it seems I can't, well I dont use forums much anyway. Either way I still think this ban thing was just made to please all of these conceited brats on the forum.
*sees "smash cadet"*

Yeah, pretty much.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Gambe it's okay. Just don't rub everyone the wrong way by consistently calling everyone around you a brat, and you might get far in life, not just in forum activity :)

The ban was made for a lot more reasons than just appeasing the community, even though it did that anyways!

~Tac~

One day at a time.
NNID
Kamidachi
Switch FC
SW-6745-2861-2990
I typed it with all caps, because as we all know caps lock is cruise control for cool, and yet some kind of default anti-spam mechanism must have edited it, as if there could ever be a downside to all caps :/
That epic fIRST lOWER cASE letter til you realize what you did.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Gambe it's okay. Just don't rub everyone the wrong way by consistently calling everyone around you a brat, and you might get far in life, not just in forum activity :)

The ban was made for a lot more reasons than just appeasing the community, even though it did that anyways!
I want some stages to get unbanned and maybe some tiger blood and then I'd be appeased.

I'm just curious.

Have you ever been to a tournament?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Right on the money. This goes well beyond just Meta Knight. Balenced Brawl has a fix for just about everything wrong but necessary with the current rule set. It is by far the better competitive option, strictly speaking in terms of problems the actual game presents.

Pros:

1. Full roster of characters.
2. More complete list of viable stages.
3. Fix for ******** ledge count rules.
4. Removal of infinates/locks.
5. Improved balence.
6. No more tripping.
7. Less Intrusive rule set necessary.
8. Less bickering over if someone is cheating.​

Cons:

1. SD Card required.
2. Correcting misconceptions about setup and legality.
3. Introducing a new standard.
4. Making sure everyone updates when necessary.
5. Potential for failure if not presented or maintained well.​

The biggest cons holding Balenced Brawl back root from the community, not the game or accessibility (as Shadic pointed out). It's people running around screaming foul and spreading lies that have set it up for failure. So instead we have to settle for a gutted game and overbearing rule set. It is very sad reality when you consider how beneficial the positives could be moving forward.
Except the game's not gutted whatsoever. What this does is change the entire coding in the game. That's much more gutted than putting in rules that make sense. Removing the actual programmed gameplay elements "guts" the game, where making a rule or banning character isn't even close to the same level of difference. Likewise, not everybody has an SD Card or a Computer to do this. Some are too slow to download the hacks. Some are too old to have that required SD Slot. Nobody's going to shell hundreds of dollars better spent on gas and/or airplane tickets because some whiners can't accept that a character is too powerful to be used in one specific set of tournies.

We're doing less than what you're suggesting. Also, what makes you think that every person wants to play something other than the original game? You know you can easily take off options that are legally in the game. That's how tournaments are set up, by making rules within the game, or taking off actual stages. You know we can control the stage select just like in the game? We ban stages, and can also take off in select. Which means... we're doing what the game already has the option to do. Hence why Random is perfectly available if we have all the stages. Also, saying you can't choose one character slot might as well be the same as if MK's slot was removed. Stop acting like rules shouldn't be made for tournaments to constitute fair play. That's what's happening here. It's not that hard to grasp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom