• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Officially Banned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
i just have a hard time taking this seriously. It's supposed to be the most important and controversial alteration in the smash community, yet the original statement has an elementary school grammar error.
look at your avatar for christ's sake

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I just have a hard time taking this seriously. It's supposed to be the most important and controversial alteration in the Smash community, yet the original statement has an elementary school grammar error.
grammar =/= spelling

AZ has fantastic grammar

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Alright alright. Stop with the grammar talk, nobody cares and it's off topic.

Also I guess I'll go ahead and say I'm glad this finally happened.

edit: I guess I should clarify this post means "I'm watching you guys." AV you got ninja'd so w/e

Jiom

Smash Journeyman
I can't beat you in an argument so I'm just going to correct your grammar/spelling.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
This thread is for the discussion of metaknight's ban. Not about silly grammar (even if it's about the first post) or telling me to infract people.

I messed up and gave you all warnings.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Well, I can't wait to see the changes in due time.

I personally think that some people might somehow improve the metagame if people are choosing less broken characters and applying their knowledge to their character; now without having anything like MK intimidating their souls.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
So yeah...

I still remember the days when me and my dad would whup *** at brawl here in Indy. We went to our first tournament together (Gamestop event for midnight release). He won a couple games dispite never playing the game before, and I took the whole tournament.:ike:

Then when we started getting good and I was away from school, we went to Indiana Smash Academy at University of Indianapolis, Count's tournament. Me and my dad took 2nd place out of like 10 or so teams. Our first real competitive smash tournament! Losing only to Renegade and Count. Renegade became my first rival and Count became my first breeze. Dad had won a couple in singles, but he carried me through teams.:wario::luigi2:

When we went to Clash of Brokenness, in Chicago, my first real big tourney (30+)... Dark Kakashi I think hosted it, iirc. Me and my dad played there, too! I still remember it... Our first match being close, but still taking the cake in doubles. Then... we faced double Metaknight...

Oh it was so infuriating. I felt so bad that I had not taught my dad WHY MK was so good. This was like like 2009. But I was mad at myself because I didn't tell him how good MK was in teams too. Still, we ignored it. We played to our best ability. Before he was gone (I was already out), his Luigi got an UP B KO out of friggen nowhere on one of the metaknights who tried to start tornado above the middle platform on BF...:luigi2:

Then they went Wario and MK on Luigi's Mansion (when it was legal)... My dad didn't care, he still *****, but I felt like I was so helpless, I didn't and couldn't help him, it made me so mad...:wario:...

In the end, we lost that match and then against another team with a mk and something else. I can't remember how it went... It was disappointing, losing so early in bracket.

Ever since, we haven't been able to keep our mojo going, because my dad and I just didn't get enough time to play. My excuse was that I wouldnt be able to keep the MKs off my dad as well, so I started practicing against MK, learning everything about the character. But when we DID play doubles, we were losing to more diverse teams, getting 0-2'd and essentially donating to the pot... He STILL loved playing doubles with me and would never pass the chance to (neither would I)... But it was over. He was tired of the constant yelling and shouting and hype over the game and how much they would cheer against me sometimes and yell straight in his ear during matches. It wasn't fun when people were being obnoxious and not just enjoying the game...

Now that MK is gone... I want to say... No ... I WILL say. That I will somehow get my dad back into this game, and focus on our synergy more rather than matchups. We have the BEST synergy out of anyone I've EVER partnered with...Father and Son, the best combo. :wario: :luigi2:...

I didn't think I'd get emotional about this...but here's your TL;Dr...

TL;DR: My dad is my favorite doubles partner, now with :metaknight: gone, his :luigi2: and my :wario: can do better hopefully, but more importantly we will TRY.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
So yeah...

I still remember the days when me and my dad would whup *** at brawl here in Indy. We went to our first tournament together (Gamestop event for midnight release). He won a couple games dispite never playing the game before, and I took the whole tournament.:ike:

Then when we started getting good and I was away from school, we went to Indiana Smash Academy at University of Indianapolis, Count's tournament. Me and my dad took 2nd place out of like 10 or so teams. Our first real competitive smash tournament! Losing only to Renegade and Count. Renegade became my first rival and Count became my first breeze. Dad had won a couple in singles, but he carried me through teams.:wario::luigi2:

When we went to Clash of Brokenness, in Chicago, my first real big tourney (30+)... Dark Kakashi I think hosted it, iirc. Me and my dad played there, too! I still remember it... Our first match being close, but still taking the cake in doubles. Then... we faced double Metaknight...

Oh it was so infuriating. I felt so bad that I had not taught my dad WHY MK was so good. This was like like 2009. But I was mad at myself because I didn't tell him how good MK was in teams too. Still, we ignored it. We played to our best ability. Before he was gone (I was already out), his Luigi got an UP B KO out of friggen nowhere on one of the metaknights who tried to start tornado above the middle platform on BF...:luigi2:

Then they went Wario and MK on Luigi's Mansion (when it was legal)... My dad didn't care, he still *****, but I felt like I was so helpless, I didn't and couldn't help him, it made me so mad...:wario:...

In the end, we lost that match and then against another team with a mk and something else. I can't remember how it went... It was disappointing, losing so early in bracket.

Ever since, we haven't been able to keep our mojo going, because my dad and I just didn't get enough time to play. My excuse was that I wouldnt be able to keep the MKs off my dad as well, so I started practicing against MK, learning everything about the character. But when we DID play doubles, we were losing to more diverse teams, getting 0-2'd and essentially donating to the pot... He STILL loved playing doubles with me and would never pass the chance to (neither would I)... But it was over. He was tired of the constant yelling and shouting and hype over the game and how much they would cheer against me sometimes and yell straight in his ear during matches. It wasn't fun when people were being obnoxious and not just enjoying the game...

Now that MK is gone... I want to say... No ... I WILL say. That I will somehow get my dad back into this game, and focus on our synergy more rather than matchups. We have the BEST synergy out of anyone I've EVER partnered with...Father and Son, the best combo. :wario: :luigi2:...

TL;DR: My dad is my favorite doubles partner, now with :metaknight: gone, his :luigi2: and my :wario: can do better hopefully, but more importantly we will TRY.
I really enjoyed this read. :D

Red(SP)

Smash Journeyman
Meta Knight was my only secondary.

So with him gone I'll have to find someone else to replace him, but I don't favor too many of the other characters.
I might just use Ness all the way.

DiskaSM

Smash Apprentice
I approve. Brawl shall come back to life, and will be fun to watch again. No more MK dittos in the finals :D

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
So yeah...

What an awesome dad. Now that's bonding.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Because Mario destroys Lucario, most prominent Lucario mains opted to quit during the Uprising of Mario during 2008-2009. Marth turning out to be a true Mario counter during 2010 didn't make it much easier for Lucario to return to former glory.
This was most likely Europe only since this didn't happen in the states. Players like Azen, and Zucco were still successful during the time.

Here's a question, why are Europes Marth's better than the US? Or why are the US Wolfs, better than the other countries ones? Japan's Pit's placing better than any other countries?

Can you tell be objectively which country hit the top of the meta? Or is it really each country make their own for certain characters, some of which are more successful than other countries.

Xyless

Smash Master
I haven't read through the entire thread, but I'd like one thing to be clarified.

I'm hoping that the ruling will allow MK in a set if both players agree to it. Am I correct?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I am not flaming, I'm making an observation. Did you even read the thread? It's typical human behavior that when a change happens they go ape ****/complain instead of adapting to the change.
Complaining.

It's typical human behavior that when a change happens they go ape ****/complain instead of adapting to the change
Flaming.

Edit: I'm now sure there's not much to talk about here. The last 137 pages pretty much covered it.

edit edit:

Here's a question, why are Europes Marth's better than the US? Or why are the US Wolfs, better than the other countries ones? Japan's Pit's placing better than any other countries?
That's a question we need to answer. About 10,000+ of answers.

B!squick

Smash Master
Can you tell be objectively which country hit the top of the meta?
Europe obviously. I mean, they keep saying it posts that I imagine would audibly sound very gentlemanly with their noeses upturned while they sip on a glass of their inferior European wine (America makes better wine now, look it up). So it must be true.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
That's a question we need to answer. About 10,000+ of answers.
This is part of the point I am trying to stress.

There really isn't a way to show Europe > State, or Japan > States, or States > Europe, etc. You could compare play-styles, but that is mostly theory crafting, Results? Well what is different from a national in France to a National in the states to show who is better? APEX? Well not everyone goes and even then, could you use one tournament as your sample to prove it over a long period of time.

In small instances you could say someone proved they were better for the moment, but it's subjective if that alone is enough to say someone is better, what proves it objectively would be over a long period of time and with being Oceans apart it's not an easy answer.

Europe is insisting their overall meta, not the meta of individual characters, is better than the States, what proves this and what results show this to be the case?

Europe obviously. I mean, they keep saying it posts that I imagine would audibly sound very gentlemanly with their noeses upturned while they sip on a glass of their inferior European wine (America makes better wine now, look it up). So it must be true.
Not gonna lie this made me laugh a little.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
So yeah...

I hope to be like your dad one day

-Ran

Smash Master
I have seriously read every post in this thread. I just want you, the community, to know that.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
...This took me forever and a half to read. Anyway, I will admit I have never been in a huge tourney. But the thing is...? This game is unbalanced. But when it's mostly MK Dittoes at the end of tournies? Ugh.

That's not diverse or interesting to me. So him finally leaving makes me happy. I'd say around 6 characters is obviously more diverse than 1. I'm interested in the new metagame, honestly. Same with the new tier list. About the only thing I predict on the list that may not change in Ganondorf being bottom. Otherwise, I'd say anything's up in the air. To say the least, yeah, I'm happy. :D

Mr-R

Smash Champion
Nobody said europe was better than the states other than the obvious trolls.
We ( japan as well ) do have a better rule set though

Bees!

Smash Ace
Sakurai probably doesn't care; he can't hear us over the sound of his shower head that spits out actual money for him to bathe in.

Also my two cents although not my proof of ban but rather what will come from it. I main ROB, however I love the ROB vs MK MU. I usually lose it because it is terrible for ROB but it is SO FUN. However after watching nearly every major event have MK dittos or how M2K can exert such minimal effort in a match, not get touched and be able to keep count of all of his lgl during the match at genesis was rather sad. I honestly think the metagame will do much better without him, but only time will tell.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Sakurai probably doesn't care; he can't hear us over the sound of his shower head that spits out actual money for him to bathe in.
I do not understand this analogy. How, in anyway, can money have enough pressure to be pushed through the holes of the shower head?

There is no logic in this, which is as much as logic there was for tripping.

I approve!

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
No. He's busy finishing Kid Icarus: Uprising. Then Smash Bros. 4.

In other words, "All is in the past. Let the new ones come in".

In other words, not caring about brawl anymore.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
This is part of the point I am trying to stress.

There really isn't a way to show Europe > State, or Japan > States, or States > Europe, etc. You could compare play-styles, but that is mostly theory crafting, Results? Well what is different from a national in France to a National in the states to show who is better? APEX? Well not everyone goes and even then, could you use one tournament as your sample to prove it over a long period of time.

In small instances you could say someone proved they were better for the moment, but it's subjective if that alone is enough to say someone is better, what proves it objectively would be over a long period of time and with being Oceans apart it's not an easy answer.

Europe is insisting their overall meta, not the meta of individual characters, is better than the States, what proves this and what results show this to be the case?
I can't believe you have a red name. How can you fall for such simple posts. Just... :l

their inferior European wine (America makes better wine now, look it up). So it must be true.
LOL.

I dont give a **** about who is better or not, but this part of your post is simply retarted. First of all, taste is purely subjective, but I still looked 'best wine' up for you. I didn't get many results. Most websites stated that the most expensive wine was French and delicious 'so it must be the best.' Ok?

I also stumbled on WineSpectator. An American site which,to my great surprise, considered American wine to be the best. However, when I googled 'le meilleur vin', most sites stated the French and Italian wine were the best. One of the sites ridiculed WineSpectator ("so apparently are wines aren't the best huuuuuuuuuh?? IDIOTS!").

None of this really matters though, it all comes to taste and experience. I have drunk wine from America (Californian I think??? My friend said it wasn't cheap). Now it wasn't bad, but I can assure you: your wine can't compare.

And neither can your beer btw.

:052:

-Ran

Smash Master
Also, Lee Martin suggested this to me, and I might actually follow through with at a few events: Mk only side events.

Bees!

Smash Ace
I do not understand this analogy. How, in anyway, can money have enough pressure to be pushed through the holes of the shower head?

There is no logic in this, which is as much as logic there was for tripping.

I approve!
I wasn't meant to be logical, it was more of an irreverent joke of abstract thoughts. Consider it a sort of cartoon like thought. Sakurai in a tub full of money laughing as he counts his millions. as he then uses his solid gold Metaknight towel to dry off afterwards.(And yes I realize money isn't wet.) It was merely a joke. lol

Also yes that tripping.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ran if you read every post, you would have read the posts about MK only side events.

NOW I KNOW YOU'RE LYING!!!!!?!!!!!!!!

COLD BLOOODEEEEEDD

Bees!

Smash Ace
Also, Lee Martin suggested this to me, and I might actually follow through with at a few events: Mk only side events.
I will enter. I picked up MK a while back to learn more about him. Ironically that caused my interest to dwindle with him. However MK dittos are fun to play in. Also a great way to keep us current in the MU for the rest of the world should even 2% of the US smashers ever come in contact with even 1% of the Europe or Japan's smashers(Hopefully that will change. Just going off of our interaction with the rest of the world with smash thus far. wi-fi excluded mind you.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom