• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Officially Banned!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I'm gonna back Chibo up on this. The task was absolutely killer for us mods, buuut we stuck through it and refused to lock the thread again. Mistakes happen, especially when trying to make quick judgment calls while keeping up with the speed of the thread, but all we ask is that people cooperate with us to resolve the situation properly.
You guys did a really good job handling this thread, too. All the infractions were necessary, because now it's actually a readable thread, unlike before.

Thank you. :)

Beautiful Death

Smash Journeyman
Hai Gaizzzzz!!!!! <3<3<3<3<3

Just wondering. Will the Ledge Grab limit rule thingie be dropped now?

Because that rule was created because of Metaknight, wasn't it?

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
It's about time MK got banned. Unfortunately though, the people who actually care has already moved on from this game.

Codi

Smash Ace
I dont play brawl anymore
and i haven't for a while..but honestly when you see something like this it makes you think why? Why would you ban a character in a game at all? Yes, he was a very powerful character who has more pro's then con's, but part of a game is learning how to overcome all obstacles by hard work and dedication. Now in all honesty some people pushed themselves enough to beat metaknight mains but overall the people who complained about this character so much still are
gonna have the same results
they've been having even with him gone. For the most part (obviously i can't say everyone) the people who wanted him banned don't put enough dedication and hard work into the game to make it high in tournaments and get through all obstacles and they never will. Now that you have placed a ban if they find a new character or something new about the game that gives a certain someone an advantage you guys are gonna ban it just because they can't overcome it....come on

:phone:

:phone:

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
It still should not have taken this long to ban him. This problem has a possibility of rising again in the future, if the rule set committee where smart they would lay down plans for how ban criteria should work from now on.

This was still too little, too late.

I really cant stress enough how important ban criteria should be. Especially in a game that the devs care so little about. This should be your number 1 priority as of right now.

makoforce

Smash Ace
@Codi
you are so right.
IDK from one side It seems that yea he maybe bannable
but on the other side i hate it because I just lost my favorite player (M2K) :(
maybe we should make a clause just for him because losing M2K is a HUGE hit to the community

memk

Smash Cadet
NNID
memk1213
this might move the MK players to Snake falco diddy and wario.

But still good **** I've ran into too many MKs in the last 4 tournys

DellSmashman

Smash Cadet
It hardly even matters if Luigi plays patient since fireballs doesn't really force DDD to approach and Luigi's the one that's trying to. Not sure why this all matters since we're off topic.

Anyway, I think if DDD goes up, he'd probably be like the bottom of top tier since mid tiers will be more present in the metagame due to MK being banned, and usually DDD has solid to large advantages on almost every mid tier, but he still has a lot of problems against a few top tiers.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
europe > usa get at me BPC4president beats flordia and doesnt afraid of anything where u at kk

oh en iets met kankerjoden maar dat laat ik maar even voor wat het is

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Not to be a ****, but Europe needs to get out of here with "we didn't need to ban MK" You don't need to ban MK because your MK players are not very good. Orion got 2nd at a national beating Leon in LF then got like 65th at a New Jersey regional. He's one of your best MKs and he's only good, not great. Same with Japan, your MKs just don't compare to ours who have brought the character to the absolute brokenness he can be.
LOOOOL

now you know you're pulling **** out your ***

Life

Smash Hero
inb4 m2k moves to europe, europe bans MK a couple years later

If MK is no big deal in Europe, is it that European MKs are bad or that American MKs are good? (Or that European everybodyelse is good or American everybodyelse is bad?)

Mr-R

Smash Champion
inb4 why should we ban a stage just because of mk.

NO those stages are terrible in general NOT just for mk, mk just happens to get the most out of it

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Quits brawl(lol, we dont really have tournaments here though), but will probably follow the effect of this, in the tournament results and rules that gets changed.

Did use but not main MK, was fun to play against since it involved high risk/high reward more then any other matchup for ICs.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
ill just go ahead and say that we understand why mario beats MK and the sudden 2009 influx of mario players has just advanced our meta game that much that marth is now the top char pick

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Lol, doesn't get the argument. He means a tourney in NJ isn't a reliable source regardless because of the number of MKs. Ergo, MK will always win.
And is that not MK's fault?

Oh, and even if MK still wins, you'd expect MK in general to not do as well, at that's not evident at all.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Damnn finally done reading the whole thread lol.

It's kinda pathetic though...

And europe, when 20% of the community at european tourneys takes 50-70% of your money for three years, call us and we'll talk about your feelings. ;)
We know the feeling! Just it's Marth here :urg:

The same people are going to win.

The same people are going to lose.

The same people are going to QQ about broken champs until everyone gets banned.

Good job kids. You were influenced by the brain-dead masses
This.

why do people think diddy and snake are gonna be the new best? the reason those chars were so high was because mk destroyed alot of the chars that could beat them lmao.

the new tier list is gonna be nice to see.

this game can be playable
Nope, Chuck Tesata it was because they are good characters, that's why they are also doing better than others vs MK.

I used razer as an example because he beats gnes(2nd best diddy) at every event and the last time razer met ADHD(best diddy) he beat him twice(once in losers and once in winners). This was at WHOBO 3.
Home advantage!!!

How is this hard to grasp?

Snake counters diddy(soft to hard, dont care).
Brinstar(among others) counters diddy(soft or hard, dont care).

Thus diddy can be CPed by character and stage. Thus diddy will not be banned.

its simple
Except all of this is wrong. :bee:

Not to be a ****, but Europe needs to get out of here with "we didn't need to ban MK" You don't need to ban MK because your MK players are not very good. Orion got 2nd at a national beating Leon in LF then got like 65th at a New Jersey regional. He's one of your best MKs and he's only good, not great. Same with Japan, your MKs just don't compare to ours who have brought the character to the absolute brokenness he can be.
What a joke post.

Can't wait till the day MK gets unbanned. It'd make a good horror movie.
Omg just imagine that... then everyone will quit lol.

I agree with this, but I would expect that with the character banned, the rules would be removed as well.

The LGL is still up, which is somewhat disappointing. I'm hoping that they'll change that during the experimental ruleset period that ends around APEX.
Did you forget Will vs Rich Brown? 185? I mean, imo, DKs planking is definitely not broken and really beatable, but people might get upset about stuff like that again...

I actually would have to agree with thio on this. if another character becomes the new MK, I'm quitting . even if it's not diddy/snake/falco whoever. this game is really bad if we had another character worth banning after the first one.
Or maybe it's because players found a new "best character" that they can have as a solo-main so they don't have to learn more characters? Everyone will pick these characters then, because they saw from other people that you are the most successful with that one. Now everything will start over again... just with different characters. People will cry again, just like now. It's not the character, it's the people!

Very happy about this ban. Can't wait to play brawl again ^_^
OmG it's Fiction!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom