• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Memorable WiFi Experiences

Kaseha

Smash Rookie
I hope this topic is alright to post. If not, go ahead and lock.

Have some memorable experiences on online matches that you would like to share? Like something strange or funny happening in one match? Something that you were proud of or humiliated by?

Maybe on Basic Brawl you got everyone to play Captain Falcon and Falcon Punch each other or came across some weird glitch. I dunno. Go ahead and share.

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
I could tell you that but then I'f have to...ummmm
Yep. I was fighting a taunt party one time and it was blast...literally. They were all zelda and out to get me. Then when I go and run, they send 3 din fires at me almost simultaneously. Even with my reflector readily equiped, they over powered me, since that when I turned it on they'd smack me while I'm in it. Even though I got massacared....most of the time, it was a fun series of matchs.

Kaseha

Smash Rookie
I was with a taunt party this one time and some new guy joins us, a Snake player, who wasn't very friendly to us. I started being Snake as well and never attacked him, only grabbed him and set him on the ground with Snakes Grab+Down move. Later one of the other taunters joined in and became Snake as well and worked towards just setting the enemy Snake on the ground while he just tried to attack us. XD It was very funny.

When it just started getting good, my internet connection went out so I wasn't able to save probably the best match out of all of the Snake matches. :(

volume

Smash Apprentice
possibly in another dimension named winnipeg
i was vsing my friends falco and ken combo's him then after we had a match with (me) toon link (him) sonic and his friend ness we went to lylat cruise and it was a 2 stock match i bomb spiked the sonic then later in the match i threw my bommerang at the ness and sonic while they were off the stage and gimped them they laged and died XD

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
- When the game was new I remember being locked in mortal combat with a fellow Ganondorf to the wee hours of the morning, we both picked him for hours

- My Wii lens stopped working right on Paunch Day (6/9/08), sucked!

- This isn't online-related but the NWR Smash party in January of '08 with imported Brawl

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
Way too many things to remember (I've had over 15,000 matches). There was this one PAUNCH match where everyone was Captain Fabulous. I've had PAUNCH battles before, but I later found one of the guys in that room on Youtube.

highfive

Smash Lord
I remember when I did the best match ever. I was IC and my opponent was Falco. We were going pretty steady when suddenly we're both at our last stock. Falco starts whaling on me and suddenly I have over 125% He has perhaps 60% I then go for a grab and catch him. I slowly start chain grabbing him near the edge and spike him down! That was perhaps the best turn around match I've had.

AAP

Smash Journeyman
I remember once i could go online join a basic brawl and NOT be with a bunch of idiots doing taunt parties.

kingdom-triforce

Smash Journeyman
I was playing a 4 ppl basic brawl on Temple. Two were taunting and one noob kept giving points to the guys that were taunting. One dude was using Fox and so was I. (Though I suck with him :/)

So we were brawling on the lower section and I managed to rack up to about 130% without being damaged. Just when I was about to charge for the finishing smash, a smart bomb popped up rite in from of me...Then a Blast Box popped up and when the Smart Bomb was done, I got wasted with the box...

From then it was a match of playing chicken and having a Falco beat up on a fail Samus...

(F*** NINTENDO FOR MAKING F*** ITEMS :mad:)

I'mNotFire

Smash Rookie

I cannot agree enough with this. A great many matches have been ruined by someone turning items on.

One memorable WiFi experience that I had was when I fought an opponent who had extremely good reading/reacting ability. This was amongst a handful of other times where I teamed up or fought with skilled people on WiFi. Good times... :)

Longears

Smash Rookie
I was playing a 4 ppl basic brawl on Temple. Two were taunting and one noob kept giving points to the guys that were taunting. One dude was using Fox and so was I. (Though I suck with him :/)

So we were brawling on the lower section and I managed to rack up to about 130% without being damaged. Just when I was about to charge for the finishing smash, a smart bomb popped up rite in from of me...Then a Blast Box popped up and when the Smart Bomb was done, I got wasted with the box...

From then it was a match of playing chicken and having a Falco beat up on a fail Samus...

Couldn't you have DI'd out of the smartbomb?

Every item is avoidable, they're way more fair than people make them out to be

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
i just dc'ed from a match that had a pink falcon following my pikachu around

seriously thats all he did was stand behind me and when someone attacked either one of us we'd attack back. i love ppl like that, its like i was his little pokemon for short while

Reapereater

Smash Cadet
My most memorable match was fighting 3 guys who just stood there and do nothing. Then a homerun bat appeared and played baseball with their heads. Another one was when I was fighting a guy (ike) who just racking points from me and the 2 other guys, so I decided to run after him. The problem was it was hyrule temple. Everyone chased after him because he had like 3 more points then us. But he was too good at running, so we all lost. That was fun tho.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Couldn't you have DI'd out of the smartbomb?

Every item is avoidable, they're way more fair than people make them out to be
In all seriousness, it's practically impossible to DI out of a Smart Bomb since the explosion is expanding constantly. It'll always rack up an insane 33%. Add in fire damage and the Blast Box and we're talking about 60-70% in just a few seconds. That's more than enough for people to complain about. And I've had Motion Sensor Bombs and Bomb-ombs spawn right in front of me too. They generally don't end very well.:urg:

My most epic memory was Knee Smashing an Ike on Lylat Cruise. During Sudden Death. Poor ******* didn't have time to open his mouth to wail. :chuckle:

The real little comet

Smash Cadet
One time I entered a group that triple teamed anybody else who came there way. I lost about four times, but won twice. After my last win, I left feeling quite proud of myself. :D

tsilver33

Smash Ace
Played Basic Brawl for the first time in a while. I must say it didn't take nearly as long tonight. Let's see, I had Me (Lucas), a player who kept switching between the 'fun' characters (Capt. Falcon, Kirby for the Kirbycide and LOL B moves, Wario, you know.) , An Ike main, and, to my absolute shock, for the first time in my Wifi history: Another Lucas main. O_O Our battles were all so fun, because there was so little lag.

At one point, me and the other Lucas main both got into sudden death on Corneria. So we both started healing the other to 0% using Pk Freeze. XD Even the bombs wouldn't kill us at that point. After the Sudden Death finally ended (It took atleast, like, 5 minutes. XD) , all four of us had still stayed. But the 'fun' guy and the Ike decided to team up on us. XD

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Played Basic Brawl for the first time in a while. I must say it didn't take nearly as long tonight. Let's see, I had Me (Lucas), a player who kept switching between the 'fun' characters (Capt. Falcon, Kirby for the Kirbycide and LOL B moves, Wario, you know.) , An Ike main, and, to my absolute shock, for the first time in my Wifi history: Another Lucas main. O_O Our battles were all so fun, because there was so little lag.

At one point, me and the other Lucas main both got into sudden death on Corneria. So we both started healing the other to 0% using Pk Freeze. XD Even the bombs wouldn't kill us at that point. After the Sudden Death finally ended (It took atleast, like, 5 minutes. XD) , all four of us had still stayed. But the 'fun' guy and the Ike decided to team up on us. XD
ive had that happen to me before where it does from 2 vs random , to 2v2 lol

those are pretty fun

Kaseha

Smash Rookie
Haha, just yesterday on Basic Brawl I teamed up with a Zero Suit Samus when I was Falco. After fighting her for awhile I ended up becoming friends with her. Half of them have no idea what they're doing and the other have are insanely good. I teamed up with a good Zero Suit. We fought for like an hour or two together pwning everybody. We defended each other and helped each other out when we needed trouble. We barely hit each other too; we worked so perfectly together. It was great. :D I never had such a great teammate before on Basic Brawl.

A Lucario player spent the whole time with us too. I thought of him as a mutual fighting partner since Zero Suit, Lucario and I had been there the whole time. Then after 3rd player left, this ******* Kirby joined in. Usually Kirbys like to Taunt Party and are very friendly, but not this one. Sometimes Lucario wouldn't be moving and just standing there and found the chance to use it to rack up extra points unfairly while I tried defending Lucario. Sadly my teammate saw Lucario as extra points too and I tried grabbing her to tell her "no".

Then one match with the same people both Lucario and Zero Suit weren't moving at all and it was just me and Kirby. Kirby fought me for awhile but seeing how I was the better player immediately charged towards both Lucario and Zero Suit. D: I tried my best to defend them and luckily he only got one kill on Lucario After that both of them came to after 1min 40sec and fought the rest of the way through without me having to worry about that **** Kirby taking advantage of them. I happily report that Kirby got last place in that match. :D

Even though I didn't like the Kirby very much it was a memorable team. I had a great teammate/friend, a mutual fighting partner, and an enemy that I really hated. XD Lots of variety there.

Rorar

Smash Rookie
I remember I wanted to piss people off so I went on random team battle and picked mk all I did was nado spam and dsmash we ended up winning but then some guy on the other team switched to mk and it turned out he was real good mk and all he did was target me xD good times

JUDGE

Smash Lord
I remember I wanted to piss people off so I went on random team battle and picked mk all I did was nado spam and dsmash we ended up winning but then some guy on the other team switched to mk and it turned out he was real good mk and all he did was target me xD good times
lol!!!!!
2good!!!!!
hahahaha:laugh::laugh::laugh:

My MK gimped a Lucario and a Wolf on Spear Pillar. At the same time.

Thank you, D-air.

Also, I was in this Taunt Party that quickly broke up because one person left. I was the new one in and I became friends with a Fox and a Donkey Kong player.
Then a Jigglypuff came in and managed to take us all out. I laughed quite a lot because it defeated us so quickly.
Once the Jigglypuff left, it was just the Fox, the Donkey Kong, and I. They began to fight and become hostile to one another, but both still stayed friendly with me.
I stayed put most of their last match on FD, but when the Smash Ball came I broke it. On the last 30 seconds or so, they were both next to each other on the ledge of the stage; I used MK's Final Smash on both of them and swept them out of the ring.
On the last 15 seconds, I gimped the Fox because he tried to get his stock back, but he failed miserably.
Then I left after that because too much time was wasted.

Sovrcat

Smash Cadet
i was a kirby vsing a captain falcon. i swallowed him and i had the falcon punch. we hit eachother and went real close to eachother. we used falcon punch at the same time. we were about to get hit by the giant impact when the game froze. suddenly a large boom appeared and the house exploded from epicness. i am currently writing this in hell

(all true except for the part about freezing)

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
I could tell you that but then I'f have to...ummmm
i was a kirby vsing a captain falcon. i swallowed him and i had the falcon punch. we hit eachother and went real close to eachother. we used falcon punch at the same time. we were about to get hit by the giant impact when the game froze. suddenly a large boom appeared and the house exploded from epicness. i am currently writing this in hell

(all true except for the part about freezing)
Lol? or 0.o

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
I was doing Falcon FFA with 2 friends of mine. I Falcon Punched one of my friends right into the punch of another. I came buckets.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
I was having a 1 VS 1 with Zamus on WiFi from Gamefaqs awhile back when I was starting out on Brawl Wifi. I was playing as Gandondorf from a team of five I had formed with heavy characters. I am getting the bejesus kicked out of me by this guy, getting in a few lucky hits here and there. Then I knock him off stage and run after him to the ledge on FD and I accidentally pressed B instead of Up-Smash.

Here I was thinking "Oh ****, there is no way this ever going to wor-"; the thought was promptly interrupted when the Warlock Punch succeeded and sent him diagonally upward into the blast zone.

I laughed really hard after that, and according to him, so did he. Talk about situational irony.

Then this one time I was playing Jo in 1 vs 1 and it was my Bowser and his Marth. He is royally kicking my ***. Then I use Fire Breath and he attmepts to jump over it and attack me... I dodged in time and ended up jabbing him successfully. Then I came up and hit him from underneath with U-tilt, and then U-Air.

He still isn't dead at this point. I B-air him to the other side of FD and them come back and end up Gimping him off the stage! I won the match after that!

He says he was on the phone...Sometimes I wonder.

13th Nightmare

Smash Cadet
I was playing a random match, I went for Ike while the people I was against went for Meta Knight and the Pokemon Trainer. And it was on Smashville. At somepoint in the match, the Smash Ball appeared, and not long after that, a mushroom. I managed to get the Smash Ball the sametime as the Meta Knight player got the mushroom and became giant Meta Knight.
But unfortunately for him, I used Ike's final smash and he and the P.Trainer were both caught up in it. Soon as the final smash was done, the P.Trainer's pokemon was sent flying off screen. But the giant Meta Knight was still on the screen. Soon as he recovered, the effects of the mushroom wore off and he was back to regular sized Meta Knight. I burst out laughing as I couldn't believe the timing of it all.

And last night while I was playing as Meta Knight on Final Destination, against a Falco and a Pikachu. At somepoint in the match appeared one of those boxes with goodies inside, and a football. While Falco and Pikachu were battling it out, I decided I would use a forward smash on the football. The football hit the box which in turn hit both Falco and Pikachu and the pair of them were sent flying. I went and scored a double KO.

This last one is one that I did months back. And writing about scoring a double KO with Meta Knight reminded me about this. The title of the video explains it all:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0ulEnRkWl8

~Metal~

Smash Rookie
I was doing a match against these guys, and around halfway through the match (I was Falco btw) two of them were off the stage and I went over there and spiked both of them. I was just like :O

There were several other memorable moments I've had, but I remember that one the most.

Kaseha

Smash Rookie
I was a Pink Captain Falcon (for the luls & pawnches) fighting against a Kirby, Samus, and another Captain Falcon. In the last 5 seconds while the C. Falcon was in the air, a rolling box appeared right under him. He Falcon Kicked the box, sending it flying foward while he rode it down at a sharp angle. That's when it smacked Zero Suit but Kirby epically punched the C. Falcon to his death while everyone else (including me) suffered a smart bomb explosion.

pickle962

Smash Lord
One time when I was on wifi, Player Three was standing around doing nothing. Seriously. P3 was doing nothing whatsoever . That was for a few matches. I couldn't help but chuckle. I mean, who stands around and does nothing during an online match?

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
One time when I was on wifi, Player Three was standing around doing nothing. Seriously. P3 was doing nothing whatsoever . That was for a few matches. I couldn't help but chuckle. I mean, who stands around and does nothing during an online match?
Someone who's stuck on the toilet. Happens to me sometimes.
"Why don't you just drop out before you get up to go to the bathroom?"
Because. Getting a room that isn't glitchy, laggy, or full of speds is waaay too rare to risk it all just for a number 2. I'd rather go AFC and let them have fun without me.

Granted in TB it's more uncouth, so I try not to stay away too long, maybe 3 rounds max.

Top Bottom