• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Memorable WiFi Experiences

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
I could tell you that but then I'f have to...ummmm
One time when I was on wifi, Player Three was standing around doing nothing. Seriously. P3 was doing nothing whatsoever . That was for a few matches. I couldn't help but chuckle. I mean, who stands around and does nothing during an online match?
I do sometimes to fool people into thinking I'm afc and scoring a cheapshot on them, just to see what they're gonna do and to analyze my situation and develop a strategy.

Pink murder

Smash Ace
☠
I remember a certain Falcon Punch battle where someone got hit with two Falcon Punches and then SPIKED by a fourth Captain Falcon.

One CF Punched another CF to the left side of the stage, where I punched him to the right side, and a recovering CF spiked him from there. And the CF hit was at around 90%, so this happened wicked fast xD

Too bad it was a 5 stock Item battle.
☠

●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

Gah777

Smash Lord
my very first time on wifi (random brawl) my opponent was GIGA BOWSER x_x (and 2 lv. 9 computers, but they don't matter)

Kaseha

Smash Rookie
I was in a room with Wolf, Toon Link and Pikachu. Toon Like and Pikachu were friendly and stood out of the way and I guess just watched Wolf and I fight. I was friendly to them too because they were nice. Though Wolf had a problem with them. Probably because I was kicking his *** so he saw the two little guys as prey to target.

So we all played a lot of matches involving me protecting the little guys from the big bad Wolf. XD I felt like such a hero; it was awesome. Before he would attack them I would quickly grab him and grow him the opposite direction, keeping him away from them. When I went down or I looked like I needed some help, they would help out and attack Wolf to help me. x3

It's a lot of fun to play "protector" with them. Wonder if they all saw it kinda like that kind of game as well...?

my very first time on wifi (random brawl) my opponent was GIGA BOWSER x_x (and 2 lv. 9 computers, but they don't matter)
Haha nice! First match with some hackers! XD I want to come across a Giga Bowser hacker. Has yet to happen though. I have come across 2 other hackers, but only hacked to the online training stage and that was it.

pickle962

Smash Lord
After last night, I'm now know why some people hate Ike. Last night around 8:00PM, I got on wifi and after dropping out of a very laggy match. I waited for at least ten minutes before some opponents were found. Anyway, one of my opponents was Ike and he was pretty much a pain in the butt for me. He kept targeting me everytime I'd try to score a KO and he didn't let up on the attacks either so I was pretty much screwed. Remember, the moral of this story is we don't want Ike. (starts chanting we don't want Ike)

BSP

Smash Legend
i did a team brawl, i was falcon and my partner was ganon. Vsing a pikachu and Falco, here are the manly moves that were landed: Falcon punch (2), Pika got knee'd and died, Ganon landed a u tilt, a successful warlock AND falcon punch within a sedcond of each other, and i got a double falcon punch too. Lol, after we both landed punches, he took out his sword and i spammed show me your moves, it was hilarious.

highfive

Smash Lord
This is how it goes on AIB:
Me: Brawl anyone?
Random Challenger (can't remember who): I'm going to kick the living **** out of you n00b.
Me: err... you host.

a few rounds in....

Captain Falcon(me) versus Snake (Random Challenger)

All three of his stocks taken out by sweet spotted knees.

He later said it was all luck.

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
I was playing with anyone and got a really fun hacker. He used up the other three opponent slots and super teamed up on me. For the last match we had together he was two giga bowsers and a warioman while I was also a giga bowser. We also got to play at the wifi waiting room and a stage that I will call black screen. Also had messed up stage music, This is Utopia?! sounds pretty cool at Cornriea.
It was really fun, I love watching the replays.

pickle962

Smash Lord
Yesterday was the best day ever! I was playing as ness and I won the majority of the matches. I didn't win EVERY one of them, but I did pretty good.

Baro

Smash Journeyman
Doubles. I was chaingrabbing with ice climbers. I had them at around 400%. Game and Watch jumps in and level 9 judgements us.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
I was playing with anyone and got a really fun hacker. He used up the other three opponent slots and super teamed up on me. For the last match we had together he was two giga bowsers and a warioman while I was also a giga bowser. We also got to play at the wifi waiting room and a stage that I will call black screen. Also had messed up stage music, This is Utopia?! sounds pretty cool at Cornriea.
It was really fun, I love watching the replays.
I believe that was the results screen you brawled at. :)

EDIT: Okay, this isn't for Brawl (It's for Pokemon Battle Revolution), but I felt like putting it down anyway, it was so funny.

I was getting my *** handed to me in a battle, okay, and as a last-ditch attempt to get my last sweeper up and running I put one of the opponents - a Porygon-Z - to sleep. Evidently, my foe did not like this turn of events and so ordered his Froslass to use Wake-Up Slap on him... and then got a critical hit and KOed his teammate. I literally laughed so much after that I failed to select my move in time, and the battle ended shortly after, but god, it was hilarious.

cloudenvy112

Smash Apprentice
I remember two experiences.

Mario-Me
Falco-Kevin
Luigi-Chris
I forgot last character

We were doing an FFA without items and it came down to me, Falco, and Luigi I was at the highest percentage, about 80% and they were about 60%. Somehow, I managed to fight them both off enough and Luigi was unable to recover. It was down to me and Falco. After a lot of time passing by, I managed to knock Falco out with an Up Smash. Kevin then ragequit claiming he had to eat dinner. Loser, he just didn't want to see the star KO finish.

Marth-me
Falco-Kevin
Luigi-Chris
Lucas- I forgot

We were doing FFA with items. Things were looking bad for me until I hit a smash ball on the last stock. Lucas and Luigi were still on the stage and Falco ran off to stage to try and avoid Marth's Final Smash. I managed to perform Critical Hit on both Lucas and Luigi and Falco SD'd trying to outsmart me.

pitskeyblade

Smash Lord
Makin movies makin songs & FIGHTIN ROUND THE W
I made some friends doing online battles. There was this dark Link who would help me out against this one person. We were a great team. The dark Link would step in if I was getting destroyed, and he even saved me from getting my wings clipped as I was recovering (I main Pit). We would rack up damage, then one of us would grab and hold the person while the other one dealt a finishing blow. The even funnier thing was, the person we were fighting against came back during the next match as Peach and destroyed all of us. They were really good. Oh, and they REALLY had some moxy to deal with the abuse we were dealing out. They stuck around and kept fighting when someone would've just dropped out. Props to them!

SManDMan

Smash Rookie
When I was playing as Kirby, I met two others. So me and another started taunting `HIII` in unison while the other jumped back and forth. The pit who was with us waited till the end, Taunted `The fight is on!` at the last second and KOd the one that was jumping around. The funny thing is, we all stopped fighting out of nowhere. The Pit player annoyed me later though, so I picked Sonic to get back at him. As you would expect, it ended with me being chased by the other three players.

SwordmasterXXXI

Smash Journeyman
Way back in may 2008 (When I use to take brawl seriously), I had a 2 hour long team battle match with 3 good players. No items, no worring that you're going to be on the same team as the 10 year old that can't recover, just good players. It was awsome. Nothing like that ever happened again. ):

Cleo555

Smash Cadet
Oh hackers are great fun. Especially when they use it to win.
Seriously, I think hacks are cool. Most hackers just sandbag the whole time. I just hate ppl that use it to win online.

This one guy was able to be super wario infinitely. For some reason he took a particular dislike to me. so while everyone else was taunting he attacked and killed me only. His other hack was being giga bowser infinitely, who, as u know, does not flinch.

A good experience for me would be fighting on the homerun stage. u can't die so sudden death went on for hours..there was a glitch where u fell thru the floor and fell infinitely so we all got stuck there until i quit like 2 hours later =P

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
probably winning my first tournament on wifi....something like that

Edit:
Or getting a knee into a falcon punch offstage vs a GaW

Fijoe

Smash Journeyman
Oh hackers are great fun. Especially when they use it to win.
Seriously, I think hacks are cool. Most hackers just sandbag the whole time. I just hate ppl that use it to win online.

This one guy was able to be super wario infinitely. For some reason he took a particular dislike to me. so while everyone else was taunting he attacked and killed me only. His other hack was being giga bowser infinitely, who, as u know, does not flinch.

A good experience for me would be fighting on the homerun stage. u can't die so sudden death went on for hours..there was a glitch where u fell thru the floor and fell infinitely so we all got stuck there until i quit like 2 hours later =P
Lol that's exactly the kind of hacks I use online, you were probably fighting me :p

Joe-kun

Smash Cadet
I remember fighting a Sheik as Wario, the two of us pretty much going to lose with one more hit. Sheik ran towards me, and an Exploding Crate fell between us - I ate it and Wario blasted/farted a bit from it, Sheik getting hit by this at the last second and flying to her doom.

THIS GAME'S WINNER IS ... WARIO!

Mojorosea

Smash Rookie
I was in Basic Brawl watching an Ike and a Link battle in sudden death. Link threw a whirl wind at Ike, while Ike was charging his side B move in the air (not sure why he was doing that). While Ike released his attack the wind moved him towards Link and he killed Link. Karma.

D

Deleted member

-So I was in a Basic Brawl around 4:30 a.m. mountain time, and somehow we were able to battle on the Home Run Contest stage. No one could be KOed, and somehow all the characters were able to free fall infinitely. Of course it had to end sometime, but it was awesome.

-
Click here to level up my card!

Marshall.SoLongArletta

Smash Rookie
on random 2 v 2 i was playing with a kirby, who continually jumped off FD and sucked people in who were standing on the edge, and then proceeded to spit them back out underneath the stage, i just sat and dodged the whole time, his strategy worked wonders

Balet

Smash Rookie
I was in Basic Brawl watching an Ike and a Link battle in sudden death. Link threw a whirl wind at Ike, while Ike was charging his side B move in the air (not sure why he was doing that). While Ike released his attack the wind moved him towards Link and he killed Link. Karma.
lol Brilliant.

I once deflected Link's final smash with Nayru's Love (Zelda's B attack). It was gratifying.

The_Final_Smasher

Smash Rookie
on random 2 v 2 i was playing with a kirby, who continually jumped off FD and sucked people in who were standing on the edge, and then proceeded to spit them back out underneath the stage, i just sat and dodged the whole time, his strategy worked wonders
Hah hah, that may have been me, cause I do that a lot.

But to stay on topic, I discovered a glitch totally unknown to me (and I watch a lot of videos that pertain to glitches). It was all on accident. It was at the Temple stage and around the underside of the lower-most platform. There was a Falco above me, and I was Kirby. It was a taunt party and I had the smash ball, and Falco being a friend, I decide to use my FS for some reason, but somewhere that I won't suck him up. So I fall along the side of the platform and use my FS at around midpoint, but I suck him up somehow. So I go "O sh00tz, I iz gunna k33l him."
Funny thing is that I don't.
Instead, he is sent straight INTO the platform, meaning he was moving around inside of it. After a couple additional times, I found out that I did this because Kirby's pot went inside the platform as well, shooting anything insidethe pot out into the platform.
Interesting stuff...

HQ5

Smash Apprentice
On the "With Anyone" Team Battle Wifi one time, one of my friends once fought in a 2 Lucas vs. 2 Ness battle. 'Twas freaky (and almost unbelievable probability-wise) the way all four of them chose Earthbound characters for the first match in the group.

There was also an awesome Lucas/Ness taunt party in Basic Brawl where everyone healed each other with fully charged PK Flash and Fire. Woot!

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
One time this Ike was obsessed with me. I was Zelda and being a girl, fellow taunt partyers treated me better haha. Every time Ike got a kill, he was really good he would always hit me so I would hit him and I would get like +4 every time and win! It was amazing.

Another time I was in sudden death with the most n00bish kirby ever... he got like final smashes and stuff so he ended up in sudden death with me. well I assumed player 4 was a fellow taunt partyer, so I taunted and right after I was like "OH ****" because it was that freaking kirby. So he walks up to me and hammers me...

I gave him so much hell the next match.

One time there was three friendly Zamus. I stood on the small platform in Hyrule...in the middle of the stage. And they were both on each side of me... we kept taunting the same taunt for the whole 2 minutes. Normally I would find this boring but we were in sync for two whole minutes, it was so worth it. Sudden death we continued in the same places until one of us won.

praja

Smash Rookie
It is not that bad sir. I just did it (to and fro to Suri). NH34 is horrible in all respect.
Yes, there are some small stretches with bad patch that has cropped up but the bad patches are in small small stretches. Also I saw road work in full swing (tarmacing the surface) near Dubrajpur, PDCL.

Compared to NH34 this stretch is always better to take in such a long journey.
================
eboard
Closet Organizer System

xxpatgxx

Smash Journeyman
Some of my favorite wifi experieces were watching some of our great legends just doing what they best on ladder. A few include Clouderz, Jumpman, Jinx, and Zuji. Most of them don't play anymore, and I was lucky to play Clouderz who hasn't even played for months and keeps up with me at my current level. My most memorable experience would have to be playing sets with t3xfate, SOUP, mthunter777, and Kingbrawl.

Apollo$

Smash Ace
Teaming up with a random D3 in basic brawl and jumping the heck out of the other two players, I even got to infinate CG the Ike player at onet. We fought on until the other two players quit

UltraPuff

Smash Apprentice
I have too many to count now... :p

Here's two I do recall: one time I 9'd an Ike into a stage spike, and got combo'd into oblivion by a smart bomb, skyscraper, and Captain Falcon.

global-wolf

Smash Champion
There was this one time when I was using Pikachu and got knocked of the stage at 14%, quick attacked into the bottom of the stage by accident and died 5 seconds into the game O_o Somehow I didn't die again after that, I KO'd 3 people, and won the match. It was also the first time on wi-fi that more than 2 of my shields were successful xD

Top Bottom