• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Melee Social Thread and stuff

Beat!

Smash Master
You're saying he has sneaked past my radar?

I'll find this other account in no time.

I'll have you know I've had a 100% accuracy rate thus far when it comes to spotting his alt accounts.

Thanos828

Smash Journeyman
So, just out of curiosity, how much competitive experience did everyone have before their first tournament? Do you think it's better to attend tournaments from the get go or to just practice friendlies/tournament sets with the smashers in your area up until you're confident about your performance?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I went to MLG chicago as my first tournament and my first experience with the competitive scene. For some reason I thought I would win the tournament since I could beat my friends and I had finally learned how to wavedash. After losing in pools 0-2 to everyone I played a bunch of friendlies with eddie and he gave me advice.

Basically my opinion is go to a tourney ASAP since its the fastest way to learn where you stand and how you need to improve.

Beat!

Smash Master
go to a tourney ASAP
This.

There is absolutely NO reason to not go to tournaments because you think you're bad/inexperienced/whatever. Just go, play a ton of friendlies, and have a hell of a time.

When I went to my first tournament (BEAST 1) I had previously only played against competitive players once. Other than that I had only played against my friends. And it was awesome.

Zoler

Smash Ace
Why care about your performance really? I went to my first tournament just a couple of weeks after I started playing. This game is just too awesome not to play as much as you can.

Thanos828

Smash Journeyman
The problem is that as of now and most likely until I graduate, Saturdays are extremely bad days for me. I could maybe get to tournaments in the evenings but most likely never in time to register.

Zoler

Smash Ace
Just got there to play friendlies then, you're not likely to beat many people at your first tournament anyway ´.

Spyro

Smash Ace
I just simply can't go because of money, getting a ride, mom, exc :glare:. You should go if you can though, almost everone says that tournaments are the best experience.

Varist

Smash Lord
an attempt to validate his skill to people who don't care.

in other news, today i phantom shine dair'd. that's right, i phantom'd the shine, AND then phantom'd the dair. i was like, "WHAT THE ****KKK?" for a solid minute.

blue moons guys, they're once in.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I imagine I'll get 9th in a 20 man in about 20 years. Keep hoping for me, guys! (It might be a little less, since Colette is my avi again)

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
MLG Chicago 2006

edit- there were at least 25 (i think around 30) pools of 6-8 players. I think i was in pool 24. Plus the seeded players.

edit2- Big C was my pool captain.

And i didnt win a single game LOL

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ouch LOL

shoutouts to MLG though, definitely a glory era for smash

2006 and 2010 were GODLIKE years for smash

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Roy is like, pretty awesome...

I'm serious you guys..! >.>

Mine isn't half bad, I mean I won't win anything big w/him... but like... I'll at least turn heads, i'm serious here.. :(

I think.....

i HOPE........>.>

King5280

Smash Journeyman
vman stay w/ yoshi. your yoshi is dope salad.

and tied for 81st at my first and only tourney. won one set in pools lol.

Top Bottom